star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Reheating cooked eggs?

Has anyone cooked scrambled eggs(or any eggs for that matter) beforehand, taken them in a tupperware container and then re-heated them to be eaten later? Does this work? I'm asking, because I work until 9pm tomorrow and need to bring something to work for supper, so I was thinking of bringing some eggs. I know eggs can be cooked in the microwave, but was just wondering if it works better to make it beforehand and just heat it up? Anyone?

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Should be fine reheated. You might want to sprinkle some water on them before reheating to keep them from drying out.

Time to start building... norinicole's Avatar
    norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I quite often cook my egg whites beforehand then heat them up at work. I do find that if I don't let them cool properly before putting them in the fridge that they do tend to 'sweat'. Still just as yummy though!
    Mrs. Hessunit as of May 11, 2013

MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's a good idea, I never thought of pre-cooking my eggs. That can save alot of time when I have to get out of the house early.
    www.livewellbefitcoach.com
    www.********.com/livewellbefit

"If you believe, you can achieve." JLS

RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had 3 egg white meals as snacks over the last 3 months and always had them pre-cooked and microwaved them just before eating. No problems at all, just make sure that you don?t over-heat them as they do tend to dry out quickly.
    "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength"

bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    As a very cheap meal, I don't recommend reheating scrambling eggs, just not right. I feel it's like reusing a paper cup or something like that.

Hard-boil a bunch, keep them in the fridge and take them out as needed.
    "Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of." - Anonimus -
    "My mind is like a General. And my body's like an Army." - Herschel Walker -
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity...

Recovery is key. Massages, epsom salts baths, foam rolling, sleep masks, contrast showers, it all adds up. Get a foam roller, The Stick, a tennis/baseball, use them and stay healthy, pain and injury free.

MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah but I just don't like hard boiled eggs. I feel like I am eating more when they are scambled I know that's weird but that's how my brain works. Plus they are cold, smelly and it's a pain to peel them, I'm just not a fan.
    www.livewellbefitcoach.com
    www.********.com/livewellbefit

"If you believe, you can achieve." JLS

Registered User butteredpopcorn's Avatar
    butteredpopcorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Egg whites

When I make egg white omlettes to bring to work, I usually make them the night before and stick them in the refridge. I used to reheat them at the microwave at work but since the office was so small after I reheated them the office smelled like eggs all day. I did not mind it but I could not say the same for my co-workers.

So I started to eat my egg whites cold and found that as long as the were not overcooked they actually did not taste that bad (strangely even with a bit of spenda sprinkled on them they still taste yummy).

Any one else eat their egg whites cold?
    Where there is love there is life - Ghandi