Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000)

Ever wonder why so many vegetarians are retards?

It might have to do with brain shrinkage.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/H...ow/3480629.cms

F24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) F24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gumbyonroids View Post

This isn't a new discovery. It's been part of the medical curriculum for decades, e.g. that strict vegetarians tend to not get enough B12 in their diet an that lack of B12 causes neurological problems.

I think all the scientists did was to prove this epidemiologically.

revkins is not very well liked. (-100) revkins is not very well liked. (-100) revkins is not very well liked. (-100) revkins is not very well liked. (-100) revkins is not very well liked. (-100) revkins is not very well liked. (-100) revkins is not very well liked. (-100) revkins is not very well liked. (-100) revkins is not very well liked. (-100) revkins is not very well liked. (-100) revkins is not very well liked. (-100)

Ever wonder why there are 48 year olds posting in forums dominated by teens and young twenty-somethings? I'm not a vegetarian, but I respect anyone who has the discipline to become one so long as they don't force their belief on to me. Ever wonder how a kid, thirty years younger than you, can show more maturity?

basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My cousins a vegetarian.

She's a veterinarian who speaks two languages fluently, one of them being Japanese.

She paints for fun and is close to getting her pilots license.

So yeah, eat meat so you wont be a do nothing simpleton like her.

AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol, wow, only a loser like gumbo would despise people for not eating meat. lol, wut.

iLoveFattyFood is a name known to all. (+5000) iLoveFattyFood is a name known to all. (+5000) iLoveFattyFood is a name known to all. (+5000) iLoveFattyFood is a name known to all. (+5000) iLoveFattyFood is a name known to all. (+5000) iLoveFattyFood is a name known to all. (+5000) iLoveFattyFood is a name known to all. (+5000) iLoveFattyFood is a name known to all. (+5000) iLoveFattyFood is a name known to all. (+5000) iLoveFattyFood is a name known to all. (+5000) iLoveFattyFood is a name known to all. (+5000)

How can anyone not like this?

%%%% will become famous soon enough. (+50) %%%% will become famous soon enough. (+50) %%%% will become famous soon enough. (+50) %%%% will become famous soon enough. (+50) %%%% will become famous soon enough. (+50) %%%% will become famous soon enough. (+50) %%%% will become famous soon enough. (+50) %%%% will become famous soon enough. (+50) %%%% will become famous soon enough. (+50) %%%% will become famous soon enough. (+50) %%%% will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am a vegetarian and have been one since birth.

I have my own personal beliefs as to why I am one. You can say it's a moral thing. I don't see how people talk about sanctity of life and the need for peace when they have a piece of chicken on their plate.

shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I know a few vegetarians and they rationalize that since pigs are filthy animals, and they roll around in, and eat their own ****, that it makes their meat bad; after all, as they say, you are what you eat...

But don't they realize that plants are grown in **** and dirt? Never makes any sense to me.

Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by AKR View Post
    lol, wow, only a loser like gumbo would despise people for not eating meat. lol, wut.
    True. Hating someone for not eatting meat is foolish.

IMO though my teeth look like they are designed for meat and veggy's. I don't fight what I am. So I'll eat both.

revkins is not very well liked. (-100) revkins is not very well liked. (-100) revkins is not very well liked. (-100) revkins is not very well liked. (-100) revkins is not very well liked. (-100) revkins is not very well liked. (-100) revkins is not very well liked. (-100) revkins is not very well liked. (-100) revkins is not very well liked. (-100) revkins is not very well liked. (-100) revkins is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by shadowwalker021 View Post
    I know a few vegetarians and they rationalize that since pigs are filthy animals, and they roll around in, and eat their own ****, that it makes their meat bad; after all, as they say, you are what you eat...

But don't they realize that plants are grown in **** and dirt? Never makes any sense to me.

That's a religious (Muslim) belief, and since when did any of that sh*t make sense?

Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by revkins View Post
    Ever wonder why there are 48 year olds posting in forums dominated by teens and young twenty-somethings? I'm not a vegetarian, but I respect anyone who has the discipline to become one so long as they don't force their belief on to me. Ever wonder how a kid, thirty years younger than you, can show more maturity?
    how does not eating meat make someone more mature? the vegans i know who don't eat meat on a moral basis are acting out of emotional distress, not a well-versed thought process, thereby actually making them less mature in reality.

maturity is a form of wisdom, and not eating meat is NOT a form of wisdom.. it is a personal choice.
    Originally Posted by basement iron View Post
    My cousins a vegetarian.

She's a veterinarian who speaks two languages fluently, one of them being Japanese.

She paints for fun and is close to getting her pilots license.

So yeah, eat meat so you wont be a do nothing simpleton like her.
    if she's that smart, she's likely smart enough to get her diet straight, which really isn't all that hard for vegans with the proper research.

and it's not like your brain just disappears when you stop eating meat.. it just has a hard time sustaining itself long-term without many of the nutrients in meat. since we are designed to consume meat, vegetarians need to find other sources for the same nutrients or they suffer for it eventually
    Originally Posted by %%%% View Post

I have my own personal beliefs as to why I am one. You can say it's a moral thing. I don't see how people talk about sanctity of life and the need for peace when they have a piece of chicken on their plate.
    i believe life is a gift, but i have no problem eating animals.. we are MADE to eat animals- meat is the only reason our brains could function like they do before we started making vitamin pills. plus, chickens don't recogninize what they are any more than plants do- their instinct to survive is arguably very relatable to the instinct plants have to reach towards where the light is, as they have no concept of "self". so long as they aren't hurt when killed, they have no clue what is going on in their life. same with cows, same with pigs, same with all livestock.
    Originally Posted by Wussy View Post
    True. Hating someone for not eatting meat is foolish.

IMO though my teeth look like they are designed for meat and veggy's. I don't fight what I am. So I'll eat both.
    x2
    siggy

ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The problem with being a vegetarian is that unless you're strict with your diet, the potential for gross nutritional deficiencies is magnified many times over.
    Russell Wilson, the first QB in NFL history to throw a game-winning interception.

"So you got fired again eh?" "Yeah, they always freak out when you leave the scene of an accident."

Spiders are like offensive linemen, the best ones do their job and you never notice them.

An obvious example of New Math.
    "It was a 2% tax hike, dumbass. From 3% to 5%"-NRKF84

Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500)

But you're killing perfectly good plants, which are living beings, when you eat them and cook them. How can you do such a barbaric thing? You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

%%%% will become famous soon enough. (+50) %%%% will become famous soon enough. (+50) %%%% will become famous soon enough. (+50) %%%% will become famous soon enough. (+50) %%%% will become famous soon enough. (+50) %%%% will become famous soon enough. (+50) %%%% will become famous soon enough. (+50) %%%% will become famous soon enough. (+50) %%%% will become famous soon enough. (+50) %%%% will become famous soon enough. (+50) %%%% will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jmaths View Post
    But you're killing perfectly good plants, which are living beings, when you eat them and cook them. How can you do such a barbaric thing? You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Originally Posted by Spuddy View Post
    i believe life is a gift, but i have no problem eating animals.. we are MADE to eat animals- meat is the only reason our brains could function like they do before we started making vitamin pills. plus, chickens don't recogninize what they are any more than plants do- their instinct to survive is arguably very relatable to the instinct plants have to reach towards where the light is, as they have no concept of "self". so long as they aren't hurt when killed, they have no clue what is going on in their life. same with cows, same with pigs, same with all livestock.
    We are made to survive. Not to eat meat, like you say. I am a vegetarian but if I get stranded in jungle or island then I have no problem eating the meat for survival. But in the world most of us live in we can easily live on a vegetarian diet. When you talk about brain functionality I assume you mean Vitamin B12. But milk has vitamin B12. . Problem solved. Everyone who argues for meat eating brings up the fact that plants have life. But I can't see how you compare the two. Animals have a nervous system like humans so they feel pain and fear. Plants don't have that. If I pick a mango from a mango tree. What happens? In due time another mango grows in it's place. Animals also have flesh and bones, like humans. Plants don't.

ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you don't have to kill the plant if you just eat the fruit. just sayin'.

Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500)
    We are made to survive. Not to eat meat, like you say. I am a vegetarian but if I get stranded in jungle or island then I have no problem eating the meat for survival. But in the world most of us live in we can easily live on a vegetarian diet. When you talk about brain functionality I assume you mean Vitamin B12. But milk has vitamin B12. . Problem solved. Everyone who argues for meat eating brings up the fact that plants have life. But I can't see how you compare the two. Animals have a nervous system like humans so they feel pain and fear. Plants don't have that. If I pick a mango from a mango tree. What happens? In due time another mango grows in it's place. Animals also have flesh and bones, like humans. Plants don't.
    So what's your point?

You think that the animal's pain is something that's bad?

Don't you realize that billions of animals die every day, because they are KILLED by other animals?

It's NATURAL for animals to die. People included. We are meant to be omnivores, not herbivores. As such, we kill other animals. There's NOTHING wrong with this, just like there's NOTHING wrong with a lion killing a zebra or a snake eating a baby mouse.

The only reason you think anything is wrong with it is because you're self-aware, something 100% of the animals we eat AREN'T. You have empathy, and can put yourself "in their shoes".

They are conscious beings, yes, and they feel pain, and they have emotions and feelings...but nature is all about things dying and things being born.

Originally Posted by ZexCui View Post
    you don't have to kill the plant if you just eat the fruit. just sayin'.
    Not all plants that are eaten are fruit. Just sayin.

Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    We are made to survive. Not to eat meat, like you say.
    I have NO problems with vegetarianism but I have an issue with that statement (unless I'm just reading you wrong). Every pre and non agricultural society is reliant on meat.

We evolved this way (and our intelligence with it) for a reason.
    Interested in investing in militarizing poultry? Based in our Southernmost continent, no local taxes, no laws to worry about, guaranteed return! PM for further details

Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

And I'll add. . .

Hacking a leg off a cow doesn't kill it either. . .Just sayin

Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    And I'll add. . .

Masai bleed cows. Meat, milk and blood - those guys have alpha diets.
    Interested in investing in militarizing poultry? Based in our Southernmost continent, no local taxes, no laws to worry about, guaranteed return! PM for further details

So what's your point?

You think that the animal's pain is something that's bad?

Don't you realize that billions of animals die every day, because they are KILLED by other animals?

It's NATURAL for animals to die. People included. We are meant to be omnivores, not herbivores. As such, we kill other animals. There's NOTHING wrong with this, just like there's NOTHING wrong with a lion killing a zebra or a snake eating a baby mouse.

The only reason you think anything is wrong with it is because you're self-aware, something 100% of the animals we eat AREN'T. You have empathy, and can put yourself "in their shoes".

They are conscious beings, yes, and they feel pain, and they have emotions and feelings...but nature is all about things dying and things being born.
    Animals pain is bad, just like human pain is bad. Yes, animals (like humans) die everyday from uncontrollable and unavoidable causes. But that's not the same as when we kill animals for food when we really don't need to. Lions and Tigers eat animals because that's their inherent nature. Humans don't have an inherent nature due to our intellect so we were not "meant" to be omnivores. In this day and age, we can survive on a diet with no meat. See the difference? The lions and tigers have to eat their meat because that's how they are and nothing can change that. You're never going to see a tiger eat rice and vegetables because that's how God made them. Humans can eat meat or plants because weren't designed to be any one way and we can change our instincts and behaviors. If we don't need the meat to survive anymore, why cause all the unnecessary harm?

Yes, the reason is that I can feel empathy and put myself in their shoes. There is nothing wrong with that. Animals cry and weep when being slaughtered like humans do. Just because they are not self-aware doesn't change anything. This is a faulty logic you have. 100% of the little babies are not self-aware, like animals. We don't commend eating little babies.

Harrowlled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Harrowlled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Harrowlled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Harrowlled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Harrowlled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Harrowlled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Harrowlled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Harrowlled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Harrowlled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Harrowlled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Harrowlled is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Duckenheimer View Post
    We evolved this way (and our intelligence with it) for a reason.
    x2. Consuming meat for long enough allowed us to realize we didn't have to consume meat to survive.

Vegetarianism is like any other restrictive diet. Proper consumption and supplementation there of will yield healthy results.

I tried it for a few months when I was 20, but wound up having dreams about hamburger and steak. I was also rather testy. I was certainly not supplementing properly.
    Kung Fu saved my life.

Jesus Christ saved my soul.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing right. If it were easy, it wouldn't be worth doing." -Amalgamized Quote

ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50)

well, fruitarianism is always an option.

And I'll add. . .

that would cause the cow to feel pain, but plants cannot feel pain. just sayin'.

Beatitude is just really nice. (+1000) Beatitude is just really nice. (+1000) Beatitude is just really nice. (+1000) Beatitude is just really nice. (+1000) Beatitude is just really nice. (+1000) Beatitude is just really nice. (+1000) Beatitude is just really nice. (+1000) Beatitude is just really nice. (+1000) Beatitude is just really nice. (+1000) Beatitude is just really nice. (+1000) Beatitude is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well since this is a forum of bodybuilders/athletes, most of us are a bunch of carnivores, but the fact is, the benefits of vegetarianism outweigh the potential dangers. We all know of the complications vegetarians can face if they don't get enough protein and certain vitamins in their diet, but taking vitamins and making sure to pay attention to high-protein (non-meat) foods will fix that. Vegetarians have disproportionately long lifespans and avoid a whole host of diet-related health problems that the average omnivore can face.

I'm not a vegetarian, but I'm just saying.
    Last edited by Beatitude; 09-14-2008 at 11:05 PM.

Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    actually, we ARE made to eat meat. that's why you have pointy teeth, a brain that consumes rediculous amounts of protein, and, oh yea, it's also the reason we like to eat meat so much.

you don't like eating animals because they have to suffer through the farm life/death, but you don't mind drinking milk, which comes from animal abuse at it's finest? cows stay in a pen all day, line up, get milked by a machine, then go back to a pen. when they're too old to produce good milk, they get chopped into dog food and cattle feed. but that's ok, cause it's just milk, right?

and animals of course feel fear, but they aren't AWARE of what's going on around them.. they are simply reacting instinctively to whatever happens. when something startles them, they run, when something looks good, they eat it, etc. they don't UNDERSTAND what's happening, they just do the motions robotically because it's what they are programmed to do. this is proved by the fact that they don't even recognize themselves in a mirror.

during their slaughter, they aren't scared or in pain, either. i've watched a man slaughter pigs before- he walked up to the first one, shot it in the head, then cut the jugular so it bled out. it was braindead instantly, and not moving at all after 10 seconds. meanwhile the other pigs just went about life as usual, because they had no clue at all that something significant just happened. this continued down the line for all 6 pigs, and not one of them showed any slight hints of being aware of what was happening, or being in pain.
    And I'll add. . .

lol, maybe ill just do that from now on.. don't wanna kill it, that'd be bad
    siggy

gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000)

Because all life is not of equal value. When they say sanctity of life they mean, no doubt, human life. This is a good example of inability to reason due to brain shrinkage.

Originally Posted by ZexCui View Post
    that would cause the cow to feel pain, but plants cannot feel pain. just sayin'.
    Actually, they can. Read The Secret Life of Plants.

Animals pain is bad, just like human pain is bad. Yes, animals (like humans) die everyday from uncontrollable and unavoidable causes. But that's not the same as when we kill animals for food when we really don't need to. Lions and Tigers eat animals because that's their inherent nature. Humans don't have an inherent nature due to our intellect so we were not "meant" to be omnivores. In this day and age, we can survive on a diet with no meat. See the difference? The lions and tigers have to eat their meat because that's how they are and nothing can change that. You're never going to see a tiger eat rice and vegetables because that's how God made them. Humans can eat meat or plants because weren't designed to be any one way and we can change our instincts and behaviors. If we don't need the meat to survive anymore, why cause all the unnecessary harm?
    without humans, the deer population explodes, and thousands of deer starve to death, as opposed to being dropped in 5 seconds with a bullet. this was a big problem in pennsylvania a little while ago, when hunting was temorarilly slowed down. if we stopped eating cows and set them free, they would soon face the same population/starvation problems without having any real predators.

predators control populations, which naturally makes long term suffering diminish. if a major predator suddenly disappears, the prey that used to get killed quickly suddenly finds itself in a long, drawn-out death.
    Originally Posted by Beatitude View Post
    Well since this is a forum of bodybuilders/athletes, most of us are a bunch of carnivores, but the fact is, the benefits of vegetarianism outweigh the potential dangers. We all know of the complications vegetarians can face if they don't get enough protein and certain vitamins in their diet, but taking vitamins and making sure to pay attention to high-protein (non-meat) foods will fix that. Vegetarians have disproportionately long lifespans and avoid a whole host of diet-related health problems that the average omnivore can face.

I'm not a vegetarian, but I'm just saying.
    vegetarians are only healthier because they HAVE to monitor their diets, while the general meat-eating population eats doritoes and twinkies all day, without a diet care in the world. anyone who eats a controlled diet with meat will live a long healthy life just like any vegetarian
    siggy

Actually, they can. Read The Secret Life of Plants.
    plants don't have central nervous systems, therefore they cannot feel pain.

it is not pain just because they react in some way to certain stimuli.

Originally Posted by Spuddy View Post
    vegetarians are only healthier because they HAVE to monitor their diets, while the general meat-eating population eats doritoes and twinkies all day, without a diet care in the world. anyone who eats a controlled diet with meat will live a long healthy life just like any vegetarian
    yeah, plus you are comparing a group of people that are purposely on a specialized diet. so, of course they are more likely to eat healthier and have a healthier lifestyle. in fact, the groups of people that live the longest (certain people living in sicily and okinawans) have meat and fish as parts of their diet. it has nothing to do with the meat itself.

it isn't the meat itself that is bad, just all the hormones and other crap that they put in there. plus the poor conditions on factory farms. organic, free range meat is just fine and very healthy.