Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    98shadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) 98shadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) 98shadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) 98shadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) 98shadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) 98shadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) 98shadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) 98shadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) 98shadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) 98shadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) 98shadow is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Sticking to the plan

Got to talking in another thread. Twerp was telling someone that they
    needed to commit to a proper diet to reach thier goal and if they could
    not commit to 30 days then they were not serious. Also in another
    thread he told someone " Dude, you can't eat like the rest of the family and expect to get the results you want.

SO I have been going round and round for way to long, eating perfect
    during the week and turning the weekend in to one huge "Cheat meal" and
    then spending the first half of the week recovering. I AM DONE

Got thru the first weekend and I feel great. I can already tell I am going
    to see great results and encourage anyone who has been doing the same
    thing to join me. I don't just want to be in good shape, I want to be
    extraordinary

already feel more energized during workouts

top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    oh congratulations on making that decision! That was actually really motivating for me to read.

My eating has been way less than perfect lately and I really need to make some changes because my goals are slipping further and further away.
    I have complete control over my body. What I eat and what I do reflect that. Nobody can stop my progress. I will continue my progress until my goals are met. Then from there I will need to achieve new goals to keep the forward progression of my mind, body, and soul. I motivate myself every day to work out, eat healthy, and live my life to the fullest.

TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Here I am, and here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=110368891 is the thread that started it, for those who are interested.

I'm in the same boat with 98shadow, except my first weekend is about to happen right now, and I'm planning to firmly stay on track. I've had it with lousy diet obstructing all my efforts in the gym. Makes all that sweat go to waste. When I started out I had no problems with the diet, then, suddenly, they came on as I advanced with my workouts... and learned MORE about the diet, which is wierd. So I'm going back to basics (The Zone, with a bit less carbs) and trying to fix myself up and back on track. Weekends are a major issue. I've had a really good diet for a month that I was on vacation, and I actually cut down 4 kg. Now, that I started working, I ended up with a cold and a VERY sweet tooth, AGAIN, over the weekends. Time to end it.

I hope this thread will create a motive for all of us with the same problem - diet messing with our progress. Please post on...

Current stats:
    67 kg / 167 cm / 25-27 %bf / 28 yo
    max lifts:
    bb bench press: 7 x 55kg
    lat pulldown: 5 x 60 kg
    squat: 8 x 60 kg

cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I, too, and trying to rein in the weekends. I find that if I just keep the day just like a normal week day until my cheat meal Saturday night, it is a lot easier to not splurge on Sunday. But if I totally go overboard Saturday, I will also on Sunday.

Good luck! I'll be right there with ya! Twerp is right - if you want to eat like everyone else, you're going to LOOK like everyone else!

nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That was sooooo me. Good all week, and sabotage on the weekends. Then spend Monday thru Wednesday getting back to where I was last Friday.

I finally gave my willpower a kick in the ass. I told myself exactly what I was going to eat each day. And that's all I eat. I wrote down an acceptable list of foods that I can mix and match (various proteins, starchy carbs, fibrous carbs, and good fats). Now whenever I see junk food, I just tell myself 'That's not on the list', and I move on.
    Hi, my name is Ellen, and I'm a peanut butter addict...

I do this because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

.asia.. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .asia.. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .asia.. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .asia.. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how do you all organise ur week?...do u cook in bulk on a sunday and freeze?what do u cook?do u shop weekly?...

I am in a state of TOTAL confusion!... :-(...I get my diet ready but then I dont know if its right, i dont know if it works...same with my workout ...and the more I read the more I get confused!...do u all have ur diets written down?...where do u get recipes from when u feel like u need sth different without cheating...

If u dont plan, u plan t fail...its sooooo true!...can u guys help me by telling how u go on about organising ur food for the week...any advise welcome!...I really want to to this!...thanks!

xxx

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Twerp is SO right. And I promise anyone who is having problems that when you stop eating like everyone else, you really lose the desire to do so most of the time. While forming new habits and ignoring cravings is a bit of a hump to get over at first, it ends up being TONS easier on you in the long run.

Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well done Shadow (and TF!). Keep us informed on your progress!

cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As for planning, I sit down on Sunday and put my plans in my fitday.com account. Usually I end up rearranging dinners around mid-week depending on what hubby and I feel like eating that night, but everything is designed to be interchangeable. My diet is like those Geranimals clothes where its all mix and match! LOL

Also on Sunday, I make all of my chicken, separate my egg whites into little containers, make any oatmeal or yogurt I plan to eat that week, cut my pita bread, do my peanut butter on wheat breads, and package it all in containers or ziplocks in the fridge. I put a bunch of lettuce in my salad spinner and cut up some veggies so at dinner I just get some lettuce (I replenish it after three days) and throw some veggies and almonds on top for a salad while everything else is cooking. I cook a couple of sweet potatoes and cut them into my portions. I do the same for my son's lunches. He is eating sandwiches with spinach leaves on them now! I am so proud.

Then, each day, I just grab one of each and put it in my lunchbag. No thinking, no chance to do something different, it's all on auto-pilot. It is definitely worth the investment of an hour on Sunday to make the rest of the week a breeze!

Atheena will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atheena will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atheena will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atheena will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atheena will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atheena will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atheena will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atheena will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atheena will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atheena will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atheena will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah the weekends are the hardest for me too. Throughout the week it is easy for me because I work from 8 to 5 and then I get off work and go to the gym for at least two hours then go home and eat dinner. The weekends I just blow my diet and I do feel awful afterwards but I am with 98shadow on this one!

98shadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) 98shadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) 98shadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) 98shadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) 98shadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) 98shadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) 98shadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) 98shadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) 98shadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) 98shadow is on a distinguished road. (+10) 98shadow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I feel bad that so many people are in the same boat as I am, but kinda
    nice to know that I am not alone.

Got through last weekend ok. I think what part of my problem is
    (like so many others)is that I am not on my usual schedule on weekends
    and there are so many challenges on weekends. On SUnday I am having
    breakfast out with my daughter and then going to teach a quilt class
    at the class the owner of the shop always makes a choc gooey dessert for
    us and after I eat it and go home I am like a women possessed and need
    to eat more sugar. So THIS weekend I will get oatmeal at the restaurant.
    They serve way to much so I will take it with me to quilting class and have
    some with peanut butter and skip the chocolate. I am determined to make
    it through this weekend. I feel leaner already

Good luck to you all

TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by 98shadow View Post
    Got through last weekend ok. I think what part of my problem is
    (like so many others)is that I am not on my usual schedule on weekends
    and there are so many challenges on weekends.
    Bump. I have a feeling that I get bored and eat! Simply because I'm bored... Usually my days are planned out to a second, but at weekends, everything gets messed up. Also, on weekends I eat with the family, at different times than usual, so by lunch I get really hungry. And eat too much.

I really don't have a problem with junk food... sweets, and stuff. But I do with the amount of good foods. So I decided to dunk fitday and everything else, and go back to basics - just use my common sense. I analyzed myself and realized all my problems BEGAN when I started using fitday and "obsessing" about food... Thinking about it too much makes me "use" it too much, lol! Does this make sense? Anyone else in on this?

Current stats:
    max lifts:

I use thedailyplate. I don't use it every day cause I eat basically the same
    thing every day. But I do eat different on weekends, so I will be using it for this weekend. I can lie to myself like you read about and need to be accountable.

I started last Friday - weighed myself - weighed today - down 1 lb.
    I will be expecting the same next week. I have cut down a little on cardio
    and trying a little harder to add weight to all my lifts.

let's conquer this weekend

Hope you made it 98shadow! I did, woohoo! Feeling great, and quite proud of myself... and the weirdest thing, it wasn't difficult at all! I'm almost tempted to believe it's all about will and desire, much more than any nutrition "trick" that's supposed to keep you "off" binging... You know, that moment when you see a chocolate bar and just say "nah." It was great to wake up Monday morning, weigh myself (yeah I usually do that only Wednesdays, but rules are to be broken... ) and find out I weigh 0.3 kg LESS instead of 3 - 3.5 kg MORE than before the weekend started...

Couldn't post here tho, my comp had a minor "accident" (thunderstorm... ) Well... back to work now so I better get... back to work!

Current stats:
    max lifts:

Hey Turbulent, Glad you made it - you must feel great!!!!
    I made it also and you are right, there is no nutritional trick it is just
    determination. I was planning on popcorn on Sat night but when I
    figured it into my days food on dailyplate I decided it was just not worth it
    and had cottage cheese and blueberries instead.
    I am also changing up my routine a little - doing some 5 x 5 stuff.

I t hink this time is gonna be it WOHOO

Atheena will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atheena will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atheena will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atheena will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atheena will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atheena will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atheena will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atheena will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atheena will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atheena will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atheena will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I made it through the weekend also eating clean! It was so great and nice to not have ruined my hard workout week by the weekend!

ajrobin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajrobin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajrobin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajrobin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajrobin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajrobin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajrobin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajrobin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajrobin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajrobin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajrobin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My problem is probably more serious than the weekend cheater. I can wake up, eat clean, eat small meals, all day. I do such a good job. Then, as soon as I get home at the end of the day, I just blow it at dinner time!

As for weekends, they are hardest because of social events. There is always something going on...Lots of drinking & BBQs...It is so hard to get by eating right!

Heya all! Glad you guys made it through as well! Yup, it's a great feeling! Sadly, I still didn't get my comp up so I can but post random short stuff from work...

ajrobin, I'm sure plenty can be done... barbecues are actually places of great food, IMHO... I mean, if they're real barbecues with meat prepared on open fire - well, there's almost no healthier way to prepare meat, as all the oil and extra fats melt and pour away... It's all in the choice of foods that you make, and also choice of social events. I think it's necessary to give some stuff up, you can't change your lifestyle without... well, changing your lifestyle!

I'm sure girls here could help you out, there's a huge theory about a certain hormone being released at night time, which causes people to crave foods, mostly sweet stuff. I myself brought up two roles that help me not do what you do in the evenings:
    1. No food after 20:00
    2. Some form of exercise between 19:00 - 20:00
    These work like a charm, after 2-3 days of sticking to it I don't have a need to eat at night at all. The exercise, which sometimes isn't much (2-3 sets of abs maybe, or some rows, only sometimes a whole cardio thingy), brings the energy levels up (you start burning FAT for food! ), and "no eating after" simply "teaches" your stomach to "turn off" and prepare for the night.
    I set the 20:00 limit because I usually go to bed at about 23:00 - 23:30, if you go to bed later, or earlier, adjust accordingly...

Current stats:
    max lifts:

Well, still hanging in there, and it's becoming less and less difficult! High protein + low cal is making me feel GREAT! Tho, another weekend is coming near and I'm slightly scared here... But! Determined to MAKE IT!

Current stats:
    max lifts:

Plays well with others LoveCode3's Avatar
    LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ajrobin View Post
    Then, as soon as I get home at the end of the day, I just blow it at dinner time!
    I have the exact same problem! My daughters LOVE garlic bread so I make it for them a lot with dinner. Problem is, it smells soooo good, it's hard to resist

I like TF's ^^^^^ suggestion, I'm going to try the exercize thing at night....I need all the help I can get
    **Cuffin' n' Stuffin'** since 2000 ~~

Ya I hear ya. The weekend is coming and it makes me nervous also. Had
    a bad d ay at work and tomorrow will not be any better, trying to convince myself that eating like a horse is not going to make it better. I will weigh
    in tomorrow and hopefully that will give me the boost I need to make it through the weekend. I have also had some GREAT workouts this week

BE STRONG

You too!!! Yeah, emotional eating IS a big mess-up, happens to me too... It's just that sometimes you're so down, you desperately want SOMETHING to make you feel better and then there's FOOD. Grr. This squished me when I was sick 2 weeks ago... Any ideas for a good "treat" beside food to compensate for these emotional mess-ups? I didn't find anything that REALLY works, except going out and steering clear from food... and that isn't always possible...

I also hear you about cooking. Tho things like garlic bread or anything that smells real good doesn't get me, the smell itself makes me "full"...

Current stats:
    max lifts:

Sticking to the plan - wieghed myself this morning and I am down 1 more
    pound. Have cut down a little on cardio and am trying to lift heavier.

I WILL make it through t his weekend. I will plan and prepare the things
    I want to eat this weekend and WILL NOT DEVIATE.

I ate a serving of nuts last night and kept wanting to go back for "just one
    more" so I yelled at myself "NO" and went and brushed my teeth

I feel awesome today

nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TurbulentFluid View Post
    Any ideas for a good "treat" beside food to compensate for these emotional mess-ups? I didn't find anything that REALLY works, except going out and steering clear from food... and that isn't always possible...
    This might not be possible with today's world, but instead of treating myself with food, sometimes I'll treat myself with monetary splurges. If I'm really down or stressed out, I'll treat myself to a pedicure or a massage. Or, funds permitting, I'll get a new pair of shoes (total shoe addict!) or something. Those treats last a lot longer than a snickers bar - and I feel better about them too!
    Hi, my name is Ellen, and I'm a peanut butter addict...

I do this because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

bambss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I 2 have issue with over eating on the weekend it all started with me when I introduced a refeeding day I would eat healthy for the first few meals then I would just go over bd and eat everything and it got to the point wer I was eating aprox 4000 over my limitand the binging would continue over the weekend. I have always had difficulty with the concept everything in moderation well all im saying is NO more it?s a great feeling getting on the scales and seeing the numbers drop and im going to contiue with my fat lose goals

I hear ya... my problems started with "sheduled cheating", "refeeds" and stuff. I think the body works much better when it's doing, whatever it's doing, consistently... However I noticed one more thing, on weekends I "spend" myself a lot more than normally. On a workday, I work (sitting job), then run some errands (mostly walking) and work out or do cardio. On weekends, well, I do a LOT more physical activity. So yesterday I, in addition to cardio, painted a room for over 4 hours, walked for over 2 hours etc... in that "name" I added an extra meal (not a "cheat meal", just an extra meal, nothing out of the usual stuff I eat) and well.. today it feels like a cheat. I dunno if it's emotional or if I really had too much, but... comes down to the same I suppose.

Current stats:
    max lifts:

Well, got my mood up by the rest of the day, and the diet intact, so I'm gonna count it as a "tight squeeze" this weekend... There's none of that bloated feeling I'd have after a "heavy eating" weekend, so I'll count that extra clean meal on Saturday as just that... man, with all the work we did and cardio and workout over it, I feel totally bummed out - bedtime!

Current stats:
    max lifts:

Eat Lift Sleep Repeat txlftngrl's Avatar
    txlftngrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) txlftngrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) txlftngrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) txlftngrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) txlftngrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) txlftngrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) txlftngrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) txlftngrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) txlftngrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) txlftngrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) txlftngrl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just want to add...I have this problem too! And it makes me feel so much better that people that are way closer to their goals then I am struggle with this too, lol! All week I eat fairly clean and then comes the weekend...screw it all up! I think its because during the week I buy my own food at my apart, then on the weekends, I go home to my parents and they stock up on junk! ahhhhh! anyhoo, good luck to all you ladies and not cheating on the weekend!

tex
    This is my body. And I can do whatever I want to it. I can push it. Study it. Tweak it. Listen to it. Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my (!@#$%^&*) six hours a day. What are you on? - Lance Armstrong

Success comes before work....only in the dictionary.

heres my log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114938821

Hey - I DID IT. 3 weekends in a row. Yesterday was tough. We were out all day and ate 2 meals in restaurants. Breakfast - Oatmeal. Lunch - soup
    and salad, left the breadsticks alone. Saturday was tough, for some reason
    I was starving all day, but did keep within my daily calorie range.
    So now it is Monday morning and I feel like a WINNER. I have big plans for
    the gym this week. Before I spent most of the week trying to feel better
    after a horrible weekend and now I can concentrate on getter stronger and
    leaner YAHOO

Mrsstanpoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrsstanpoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrsstanpoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrsstanpoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrsstanpoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrsstanpoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrsstanpoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrsstanpoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrsstanpoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrsstanpoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrsstanpoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey yall! I am starting a new video cooking series: "Cooking Clean" and will be posting it in my BS site as well as my website: www.bodymotioninc.com

I will also be discussing my macros and diet plan for leaning out/cutting. Hope you guys come take a peek!

XOXO
    Mrs. S
    "Failure to plan is planning to fail."

Come see me on ******** :)

http://www.********.com/#!/profile.php?id=1488657215

Bodymotion, Inc-
    The NEW site is UP!

www.bodymotioninc.com