mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Is cardio+abs every day really bad?

I'm an early riser and I like to hit the gym before work every day (I lift after work). When I'm at the gym, I basically have two things on my to-do list:

-30 minutes of cardio (I tend to choose different machines from time to time)
    -15-20 minutes of abs (exercises vary)

Then I read somewhere that cardio is the most efficient if it's performed every other day and that you should leave 48 hours between each ab workout.

I assume that this is, like many other fitness-related questions, answered differently depending on who you talk to... or is it? What do you guys think? Am I wasting my time by doing this every morning?
    Last edited by mariusjacobsen; 09-10-2008 at 05:20 AM.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's fine.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

ChrisJames1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisJames1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just form personal exprience,I do cardio everyday..doesnt effect me in any negative way besides being really worn out after doing it heh,and the whole abs every other day thing idk,personally if your abs aint sore the next day do sum more ab exercises,that soreness is the breaking down and repair of muscle fibers

if it doesnt effect you negatively already I say keep doin it

so if you aint sore get up and do sum more
    bring the pain

SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Depends on your goals.

If "fat" loss is your goal then "every day" cardio is A OK.

If you're goal is to build muscle and lose some fat simultaneously then you may want to back off the cardio daily so your energy reserves can be used to build muscle. Still do cardio but limit it to two or three times a week. Not every day.

On the abs front. If size is the goal then you will need rest days for growth. If you want highly conditioned/endurance type abs and size isn't an issue then do them everyday.

Again...It's all about goals.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    I don't see any problem as long as you ease into it and it doesn't interfere with progression in weighted movements.