ArmanB89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How is my routine for mass building?

Hey everybody im new to the site and i have been into working out for about 4 years now on and off due to some requests from doctors. I have put together a routine for me that fits my schedule. I just want to see what you guys think about the workout. Now i had a few problems i can only workout monday-thursday on friday-sunday i have work/cardio sport training so i cant go to gym on those days. Also, another problem is my knees are really weak so working out legs is a very tough thing for me but i have added some light legs in my routine because i feel i should not neglect them. My goal is to build muscle and add on mass while keeping my fat levels down. I also get a good amount of calories and protein during my day but i cant say i get 3500 calories.

Workout

Monday

Chest/Tricep

Chest
    Barbell Bench Press 8,8,6
    Incline Dumbbell Press 8,8,6
    Machine Press 8,8 (light weight)

Triceps
    Dips ? 8,8,6
    Cable Pushdowns 8,8,6
    Dumbbell kickbacks 8,8 (light weight)

Tuesday

Back/Biceps

Back
    T-Bar Cable rows ? 8,8,6
    Inside Grip narrow pull downs (palms facing me) 8,8,6
    Wide Grip Pull downs ? 8,8

Biceps
    Dumbbell Curls ? 8,8,6
    Curl Bar Curls ? 8,8,6
    Cable Curls (light weight concentrate on form) 8,8

Wednesday

Abs/Legs

Legs
    Light Weight Squats ? 15,15
    Leg Curls ? 15,15
    Calf Raises ? 15,15

Thursday

Shoulders/Abs

Shoulders
    Side Raises ? 8,8,6
    Upright Rows ? 8,8,6
    Barbell Shrugs ? 8,8,6

Abs (weighted)
    Cable Curls ? 8,8,8
    Leg Raises ? 8,8,8
    Crunches ? 8,8,8

what do you guys think any comments would be helpful.

no body?

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Weak knees? Strengthen them up. Overall, kinda bad program. Weird excercise selection and missing a lot of key movements.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

Thank you for the response can you please tell me exactly what is bad about the routine. maybe tell me what would need to be changed to make it better?

THank you

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You need to big compound movements. Concentrate on those. Isolations work but IMO you need a good basis of strength before going balls out with isolations. You need to deadlift, squat, barbell row, bench, military press (or a variation of those). Try to keep a rule of volume IE 6-9 sets for big muscles and 4-6 for small ones, that way youll be less likely to neglect a muscle.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

hmm i was trying to keep those to a minimum because a lot of other people i have asked have told me you'll be over training other muscles such as for chest and tri if i do bench press or dips it also works out triceps then on shoulders day military press also works out triceps so that way it over trains so that's why i try to stick to some isolation movements so i wont target those other muscles to much. So you think its better the other way?

2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2bbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ArmanB89 View Post
    hmm i was trying to keep those to a minimum because a lot of other people i have asked have told me you'll be over training other muscles such as for chest and tri if i do bench press or dips it also works out triceps then on shoulders day military press also works out triceps so that way it over trains so that's why i try to stick to some isolation movements so i wont target those other muscles to much. So you think its better the other way?
    I find that when I do my chest(heavy) it warms my tri's up for later for my tri routine. It depends on you, try it.
    █♣█ █♣█ █♣█ █♣█ █♣█

Im gonna try that for a month ima do more compound workouts... Ill get back to you guys on the results.