back when I first started in AA there was a pamphlet called
"am I an alcoholic? answer these 10 questions" and it had stuff like:
have you ever drank first thing in the morning?
once you start drinking do you have trouble stopping?
I thought I would put up my own personal list for fun "its only funny now because I have been clean and sober a little while "
1. Have you ever "came to" behind the wheel of your automobile..... and realize its in mid air preparing to land?
2.Have you ever hit a boat with a car
2. have you ever woke in the morning to go to your car and find the drive in movie speaker still attached to your window?
4.Have you ever awoke from a nap... in a resturaunt face down in a plate of steak and mushroom gravy?
5. have you ever gotten more than 4 police calls in one night reporting you for drunk driving? before cell phones?
6.Have you ever wondered what its like to have a long relationship? say 2 months?
7. Have you ever looked at a cancer patient and the only thing you could think of is "I wonder what kind of pain meds they get for that?"?
8.Have you ever stopped your motorcycle at a stop light and be so high you forget to put your feet down and the bike topples over?
9. When you decided you might have a drinking or drug problem was it then unanimous in your neighborhood?
10.Does drinking cause you to break out in spots? like nashville,dallas or vegas?
if you answered yes to any of these questions then your truly f***ed up and need help!
I unfortunately experienced all of these!
Thread: ask yourself these questions