Penguin941 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Working out with Pectus Excavatum

I have a minor case of PE. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pectus_excavatum

My question is will training cause any permanent damage. Will it make the pecs deformed? I'm going for a catscan withing the month to see if I'm eligible for the nuss procedure, because the doctor's aren't sure if they want to perform it because it's a moderate-mild case.

If I do bench, and work the chest will it cause muscle mass to build awkwardly and irreversibly abnormal. Because if I'm eligible for the surgery I'm going to get it. I'll upload pics when I get the chance.

The main problem I have with it is that I can never look skinny because my pecs stick out above my waistline because the sternum is pushed in, so I always look chubby even though I have a BMI of 23 and know I'm thin. 6' 170 lbs

So should I work out while I still can, or wait til after the surgery, and if I work out now will it deform them to make them not look normal and never be able to tone normally? And if I can't get the surgery will building my pecs make it more noticeable?

Thanks in advanced

the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Penguin941 View Post

My question is will training cause any permanent damage. Will it make the pecs deformed? I'm going for a catscan withing the month to see if I'm eligible for the nuss procedure, because the doctor's aren't sure if they want to perform it because it's a moderate-mild case.

If I do bench, and work the chest will it cause muscle mass to build awkwardly and irreversibly abnormal. Because if I'm eligible for the surgery I'm going to get it. I'll upload pics when I get the chance.

The main problem I have with it is that I can never look skinny because my pecs stick out above my waistline because the sternum is pushed in, so I always look chubby even though I have a BMI of 23 and know I'm thin. 6' 170 lbs

So should I work out while I still can, or wait til after the surgery, and if I work out now will it deform them to make them not look normal and never be able to tone normally? And if I can't get the surgery will building my pecs make it more noticeable?

Thanks in advanced
    Your chest sticking out beyond your waist doesn't make you look chubby? I wish my chest came out more, I just need more mass on my chest.

Just be careful. With that, don't do anything without a doctor's approval.
    @24HrTrainerNOLA
    -Jammin

Not exactly, my sternum is in, and just my pecs stick out and from the side it looks really weird. And when I don't have a shirt on it makes me look chubby cause the chest is sunk in and the stomach sticks out.

Jutttt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jutttt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jutttt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jutttt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jutttt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jutttt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jutttt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jutttt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jutttt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jutttt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jutttt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Penguin941 View Post

Thanks in advanced
    i have this too, and i train normally like everyone else here. (doc even said i have a severe case of it) it wont cause your chest to look messed up even if you get it fixed, unless they **** something up when they do the surgery, so no PE shouldnt cause your pecs to grow deformed. if you do decide to get the surgery they keep the bar in your chest for 3 years usually, and you should be able to workout with it in there after a couple of months after surgery. (check with your doc on this to be sure)

Okay thanks. I will continue my normal routines