Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by entwan View Post
    Seems like great progress and dedication... Keep it going..

Quick question to those experienced with USP products.

Am I to stack Prime with USP Anabolic Pump? Do I need a Post Cycle Support with either?

Planning on taking 1 or both USP products.
    Optimum 100% Whey Protein
    Universal Animal Stack
    Universal Animal Cut
    Universal Animal Omega
    Universal Uni-Liver

In your opinion is this sufficient?

Thanks in advance,
    Thanks for the encouragement you do not need to stack Prime with anabolic pump and you don't need to do any PCT according to USP. The rest of your stack looks fine too. I assume your cutting right?

Depending on your current carb intake and how well your handling it and whether or not you plan on upping your carbs any time soon are the questions I think you should consider before taking anabolic pump.
    Only if you reach the boundary will the boundary recede before you. And if you don't, if you confine your efforts, the boundary will shrink to accommodate itself to your efforts. And you can only expand your capacities by working to the very limit.

- Hugh Nibley

God tapped me on the head and said you are a weightlifter motherfuker.

- Mikhai Koklyaev

entwan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Correct at the moment cutting. Weight goal is 180; although at them moment sitting at 200. Just getting back into the gym after about a year career hiatus. Essentially, thought using supplements would expedite the process (minding healthy diet; low carb intake). Should I wait on USP Pump, Prime, and/or Powerfull till around 190 or can I start right away?

Thanks in advance,

BTW Stack I am considering is:

USP Prime
    USP Anabolic Pump
    USP PowerFULL
    Universal Animal Stack
    Universal Animal Cut
    Universal Animal Omega
    Universal Uni-Liver
    BSN No Xplode

Anything I should add/discard? Are the 3 USP products needed or should I cycle them? First cycle with any of these products, except Whey and NO Xplode.
    Last edited by entwan; 10-12-2008 at 07:49 AM. Reason: forgot to add No Xplode and Powerfull

Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I think I Made a Juicer Feel Inadequate Today and the Dangers of Tunnel Vision

October 12th, 2008 Day 41

Hours of Sleep: 8
    Quality: 9

Back, Traps, Medial, & Rear Delts (Hypertrophy)

12 Minute Warm-up on Elliptical (Med. Intensity)

T-Bar Rows (Bar weight not counted)
    90x8
    135x5
    180x12
    190x12

One Arm DB Rows (I was so happy that i could do these with no problem, each set was done with a 1 second pause at the bottom)
    65x8
    105x12
    110(+5)x12 (PR)

Stiff Arm Lat Pulldowns (for some reason i keep struggling with the 12th rep on the second set)
    100x8
    135x12
    135x11

Close Grip Lat Pulldowns SS with Laterals (not to pretty though)
    165x10 (PR)
    165x8

Behind The Neck Lat Pulldowns SS with Laterals
    125x12(+1)
    125x12

Low Rows
    170x12
    175(+5)x12 (PR)

Back Xtensions
    BWx12
    115x12
    145(+10)x8

Behind The Back Barbell Shrugs
    225x6
    315x11
    335(+20)x7 (PR) (i almost fu.cked myself up on this one)

Single Arm Laterals
    20x12
    25x12
    30x12
    35x12

Rear Delt Cables
    35x6
    45x12
    50x8

30 Minutes On Eliptical (Medium Intensity)

Thoughts: Man there's something about me and sundays when it comes to pushing hard. My sleep has been really improved this whole week and its really made my quality of life better. Today's workout was really great i had plenty of energy but i wasnt hyper or anything and i really pushed myself hard with minimal rest times and maximum intensity. Sometimes i think im pushing myself to hard, but i'll get to that in a minute.

I was real worried that i wouldnt be able to one arm db rows because of my shoulder, but thank God I had no problem, in fact my rows were stronger than ever and i had no grip issues at all (farmers walks will do wonders for your grip strength im not kidding). Man you know those guys you see in the gym that are still stuck in the 80's with their gym style? Well one of those dudes was giving me the bug eyes when he saw how much little ol 153lb me was rowing Maybe im being biased and unfair towards him but he looks like your typical im a use steroids to make-up for my crappy training and diet type dude, i don't know thats just the impression i get from him.

Whatever before i let myself get to arrogant let me talk about the stupid ass thing i ended up doing today (i gotta always have at least one). Man, i was doing elevated behind the back barbell shrugs on the smith machine and i missed the last rep of my first working set because the god damn hinge or whatever that catches the pegs slipped forward and caused it to catch.

Before my set i always leave it all the way on the bottom unhinged and after that screw-up i forgot to take it off the peg for my next set (prolly second to last peg from the bottom) and to make matters worse i added a lil more weight. Since i was gonna be attempting a new PR i started hyping myself and getting that laser-like focus not paying attention to the fact that i was about to jerk up all this weight with the latch still in place. So what happened? Boom i lifted that bitch up harder than a mother****er and that thing ran right into the peg above it.

That **** sent a shock through my spine and scared the **** outta me. I was still able to manage 7 reps but for a second i thought i had seriously screwed myself up again. For the next 30 minutes i was flexing my toes and **** while on the elliptical getting all paranoid thinking my legs were going numb. Luckily im alright, but that **** was seriously stupid. God damn smith machines.

Cliffs:
    -Got cocky cause i got the google eyes from dude that was watching me db row.
    -Almost made myself a parapalegic
    -After i watch my redskins game (i recorded it, im a ride or die skins fan for life but even they cant get in the way of my gym time) im gonna get these progress pics taken care of and write my mid-point review as well.

Calories: 2797
    PRO: 227.7g
    CHO: 360g
    FAT: 50.2g

Song of The Day: Maino - Till I Die

-I ****s with this cat hard, they didnt have the song i wanted on youtube but this ones tight too. For anyone who knows this dude, you probably heard him rap about his brother Mouse. His brother was on the same compound as me. Actually their was quite a few new york dudes on my yard. The Rican kid who shot up the real 50 Cent (not that rapper) was on my compound too.

Only if you reach the boundary will the boundary recede before you. And if you don't, if you confine your efforts, the boundary will shrink to accommodate itself to your efforts. And you can only expand your capacities by working to the very limit.

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

Originally Posted by entwan View Post
    Correct at the moment cutting. Weight goal is 180; although at them moment sitting at 200. Just getting back into the gym after about a year career hiatus. Essentially, thought using supplements would expedite the process (minding healthy diet; low carb intake). Should I wait on USP Pump, Prime, and/or Powerfull till around 190 or can I start right away?

Thanks in advance,

BTW Stack I am considering is:

USP Prime
    USP Anabolic Pump
    USP PowerFULL
    Universal Animal Stack
    Universal Animal Cut
    Universal Animal Omega
    Universal Uni-Liver
    BSN No Xplode

Anything I should add/discard? Are the 3 USP products needed or should I cycle them? First cycle with any of these products, except Whey and NO Xplode.
    If I were you i would hold off on the prime till you've been back in the gym for awhile, especially since your cutting. I'd use Prime once you've been dieting for a minute and your energy levels start to take that dip from being in a prolonged calorie deficit. Also with your hiatus from lifting, its not a good idea to take prime and start pushing yourself to hard from the beginning. That seems like a sure fire way to hurting yourself (i should know im great at pushing to hard and hurting myself).

Since your low carbing i would generally recommend against you using anabolic pump, from my experience when I take it with just 50 grams of white rice and the trace carbs from egg whites and vegetables i get hypo and start to feel like ****. In my opinion low carbs and AP dont mix at all. As far as the powerfull i can't make any recommendations since i've never used it before.

The only thing i would drop from that stack would be NO-Xplode, I personally think NO products are a waste and prefer intra-workout supplements like XF Vendetta or AEN's Intrabolic. I get sick pumps from the food i eat and the carbs in vendetta, but since your low carbing i would pick up intrabolic if i were you. One of the highest quality intra-workout mixes on the market.

I stopped using intrabolic only because the next thing i'll be logging doesn't allow the ingestion of competing whey proteins (Progenex) but before i ran out of it i was mixing it with my vendetta and it was off the ****ing chain. An expensive combination but amazing.

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

October 13th, Day 42

Hours of Sleep: 5 1/2
    Quality: 7

Rest Day (I mean it this time)

Calories: 2374
    PRO: 199.4g
    CHO: 305.6g
    FAT: 44.5g

Thoughts: No school today just work. I wanted to upload the pics last night but BB.com was acting weird and kept giving me network connection errors. I'll load up the progress pics on my lunch break and after work i'll spend some time writing my review.

Song of the Day: E-40, Gucci Mane, and Bun B - The Recipe

Funny ass song, although they forgot to add a couple steps and ingredients like B12, but I guess that depends on if your working with straight drop or oil base

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

Groove72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Groove72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Groove72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Groove72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Groove72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Groove72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Groove72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Groove72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Groove72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Groove72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Groove72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FormerFatBoy86 View Post
    Since your low carbing i would generally recommend against you using anabolic pump, from my experience when I take it with just 50 grams of white rice and the trace carbs from egg whites and vegetables i get hypo and start to feel like ****. In my opinion low carbs and AP dont mix at all. As far as the powerfull i can't make any recommendations since i've never used it before.
    If you are on a low carb diet 100% of the time, then I agree that AP wouldn't be a good supplement for you. On the other hand, if you are carb loading on the weekends (ie. Keto diet), then I think AP is very beneficial. I have used AP before on a daily basis, but now I only use it only on the weekends while I am carb loading, and it is working well. USP Labs recommends that you eat at least 60 g of complex carbs with it and whole grain oats are a good choice.

BTW, nice log. I like all of your insight. I'm sitting on my two bottles of Prime, that I got during the Inner Circle sale, and I can't wait to use them.

Originally Posted by Groove72 View Post
    If you are on a low carb diet 100% of the time, then I agree that AP wouldn't be a good supplement for you. On the other hand, if you are carb loading on the weekends (ie. Keto diet), then I think AP is very beneficial. I have used AP before on a daily basis, but now I only use it only on the weekends while I am carb loading, and it is working well. USP Labs recommends that you eat at least 60 g of complex carbs with it and whole grain oats are a good choice.

BTW, nice log. I like all of your insight. I'm sitting on my two bottles of Prime, that I got during the Inner Circle sale, and I can't wait to use them.
    Thanks man i appreciate it

Thats a great you point you bring up too, I totally forgot about the refeeds everything you wrote was spot on.

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

Quad Progress Pics:

End of Week 1 of Prime:

End of Week 6 of Prime:

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

Hamstrings and Calves

End of 1st Week of Prime

End of 6th Week of Prime

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

Calves

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

Back

The End of Week 1 of Prime

End of Week 6 of Prime

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

Triceps

Week 1

Week 6

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

Most Muscular

Week 1

Week 6

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

Front Relaxed

Week 1

Week 6

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

Meh, the pictures dont show the level of detail i would of liked, but i think i didn't do to bad for 6 weeks. All of these pictures were taken cold, no pump at all.

I'd have to say my most dramatic improvements have been in my legs, upper back, and mid delts. lol i think i was to relaxed on the last chest pic and oh yea please disregard the stretch marks and pancake nips
    Last edited by FormerFatBoy86; 10-13-2008 at 11:36 AM.

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bro your hammy's have come up ALOT! your quads show visable growth as well there is no denying that.

Back looks like you have put on alittle more mass.

If you dont mind a small critic, it looks like you are having alittle trouble putting mass on your pecs. (I have the same trouble)
    I wonder if the growth in your front delts is a result of them taking too much work away from your chest on chest day?
    Jaber Style Training - To perform ATG SQUATS (3X10) before EVERY workout. GAINS!!!

Products I currently use and get results from.

RecoverPro - BCAA
    TestoPro - Natural Test Booster
    Maniac - PreWorkout
    Essenials - Multi + Creatine + joint support + beta alanine + BCAA

Anabolic Innovations Board Rep
    www.anabolicinnovations.com
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm
    MFF forever!

Thanks J

and hell no i dont mind the critique at all and I think your exactly right. My chest day is tomorrow and i was thinking about this exact thing while i was taking a shower.

I was thinking about trying out some pre-exhaust work before my compound movements tomorrow and adopting a more power oriented tempo with explosive concentrics, regular eccentrics, and most important NO lockout, constant tension. I definitely use to much of my delts when i press. My chest is definitely my weakpoint.

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sick quad progress man, I'm impressed. Also, the chest hair might be masking your progress (no joke).
    Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

lmao, im a hairy mother****er i know. When i get a pump in my chest it looks so so different, but I think im still searching for that missing piece of the puzzle for my chest development. The a-trainers are an amazing tool for pumping them up and getting a strong contraction, but the weight you can realistically use on that movement and still do it properly is not enough to really stimulate that growth.

I've been reading a lot of jim cordova's articles and thoughts on chest development and i will be trying things out during these next couple months. The nice thing about keeping my diet controlled is i get to keep bulking past 12 weeks rather than having to do a mini-cut to remove that excess fluff. Im fat enough as it is already, I can't afford to be going crazy and gaining more.

Thanks for the feedback

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Some thing I added to my chest day that got some results was smith machine half rep incline BP.

Setting the bar stops so the bar wont go past where your elbows make a perfect 90*.

With it set there I can take my 3 Rep max weight and bench it 10 reps being able to put full contraction in each rep.For 3-4 sets.

Then I drop 50 lbs and remove the stops for 3 more sets of 10.

This is a recent change, and I have seen results pretty fast out of it.
    Jaber Style Training - To perform ATG SQUATS (3X10) before EVERY workout. GAINS!!!

RecoverPro - BCAA
    Maniac - PreWorkout

MFF forever!

Originally Posted by Jaberwaki View Post
    Some thing I added to my chest day that got some results was smith machine half rep incline BP.

Setting the bar stops so the bar wont go past where your elbows make a perfect 90*.

With it set there I can take my 3 Rep max weight and bench it 10 reps being able to put full contraction in each rep.For 3-4 sets.

Then I drop 50 lbs and remove the stops for 3 more sets of 10.

This is a recent change, and I have seen results pretty fast out of it.
    Damn that sounds interesting, i wonder how this will work on flat bench. I usually do a lotta incline pressing but since i hurt my shoulder i've been weak as hell when it comes to vertical type pressing movements that includes to a degree inclines as well. Depending on how my arm is tomorrow i'll either try this out on incline or flat.

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

Thumbs up Mid-Point Prime Review

Before getting into my in-depth review of Prime I want to do a point by point comparison of my impressions and experience with the claims of USP Labs.

What can I expect to experience when taking USPlabs Prime??
    * Permanent Muscle Gains ? Hormonal levels are not affected, therefore there' s no drop-off ? What you gain is yours to keep!
    Since i am still using Prime I can't answer this one.
    * Does not cause shut-down or suppression!
    This is true, there is no shut-down or suppression and libido has been and still is very very high.
    * Promotes Muscle Gain of Thick, Dense Variety!
    I believe this claim to have been borne out as well. My muscle gain has been thick and dense.
    * Extremely Potent Re-composition Effects ? Even test subjects consuming 750-1000 calories a day ABOVE baseline lost body fat while gaining mass & strength!
    This claim is true to an extent but greatly overblown. There is no substitute for proper diet and nutrition whatsoever.
    * Enormous Strength Gains ? Own The Weight Room!
    I feel this claim is valid as well. During every session i've achieved a PR.
    * Incredible Recovery Speed ? Feel like you've had a two-week layoff ? even the day after the most intense workout of your life!
    This is an interesting claim that can be deemed true depending on how you look at it. Technically you do FEEL recovered but its ability to help you heal both mentally and physically is unable to keep up with the level of intensity Prime is able to help you put forth.
    * All-Day Muscle Fullness/Hardness ? Your Muscles Will Feel Like Granite!
    This claim didn't occur with me. However pumps were easier to obtain, but they didn't last any longer than normal. I also found i got greater pumps from just eating food or lighter exercises that never previously brought about an appreciable pump.
    * Balls-To-The Wall Training ? Train harder and longer than you ever have ? and like it!
    Yup, this is true.
    * Incredible Euphoria ? Feel Like Superman!
    The euphoria is very subtle and in my situation it was to contingent on other factors outside prime to attribute it solely to its use. Also, I have found that lately the euphoria has not occurred and when it did it was not consistently frequent.
    * Safe to use in competition ? all-natural ingredients - WILL NOT cause positive drug test!
    This claim is true as well. I have been drug tested three times while on Prime and have not had any problems at all.

Price vs Benefit:
    At inner circle price of 30 some dollars I give this a 9/10
    At the BB.Com Price of 50 dollars I give this a 8/10

-While expensive i believe it is money well spent and when compared to the cost of pro-hormones and accompanying cycle support and pct supplements it much much cheaper for a comparable increase in LBM (to a greater or lesser degree) and none of the hassle of pct or risk of sides.

Side Effects: 9/10

-The only side effects were increased libido and slightly more oily skin. Thats the closest thing to androgenic sides I experienced.

Strength: 9.5/10

-Every workout session is a PR, the strength increases have been frequent persistent and occurring with every exercise. This is the main attraction of prime and I have never experienced a supplement that helped in this area better than Prime.

Energy: 7/10

-Nothing comparable to the hyper jittery type energy of most market stimulants like caffeine, yohimbine, and the stuff in AMP, but instead a more subtle type of energy boost that could be considered more a feeling of greater alertness and focus rather than a stimulant.

Endurance: 9/10

-Endurance is a close runner-up to strength gains with regards to the value of Prime. I train relatively high volume with very short rest periods and frequent supersets. With prime i never feel worn out till after i leave the gym. **** often im doing my PWO cardio and i feel like i have a second wind and i've gotta restrain myself from doing more. This feeling has been consistent and has occurred even on limited sleep.

Recovery: 8/10

-A moderate decrease in DOMS did occur which suggests an increased rate of recovery to connective tissue or a greater durability of connective tissue while lifting weights, i have no idea which. In regards to the nervous system i feel Prime was in some way a double-edged sword in that it helped you sufficiently recover in the area of explosive short term intensity and production of force but didn't provide for long term CNS replenishment which quickly becomes depleted in the face of consistent long-term training. However, this shouldn't be taking as a failure in the supplement but more a realization of its limitations and the need to be realistic and cognizant of the importance of proper rest and recovery.

Pump/Vascularity: 8/10

-There was a noticeable increase in pump and vascularity while training, I even saw a couple new veins. But this pump and vascualarity was by no means an all day thing. However, pumps and vascularity were more prevalent when food or training was introduced so it was an intensifier when other conditions were in play.

Growth: 9/10

-I am very very happy with my gains up to this point. To have made dramatically visible improvements in a little under 6 weeks with the amount of calories ingested and cardio I do is a great accomplishment for me. All told I gained 3.4 lbs of weight but I believe I gained even more LBM than that because i have seen a slight fat reduction in my stomach and major fat reduction in my thighs

Overall: 8/10

- If it wasn't for the type of claims USP made with Prime's initial release the overall score would of been an easy 9/10. However they set the bar to high with some of their claims and the style they used in conveying those to the consumers. This is a real shame because I feel that if they had took a more conservative approach to their marketing that didn't insult the intelligence of the consumer they would be dealing with a lot less flack with Prime than they are now.

When comparing Prime to other non-hormonal products out on the market I feel Prime stands head and shoulder above them. I wouldn't go so far as to say Prime is the next evolution in performance supplementation, but I will say it is one of the greatest supplements of its kind currently out there.

When taking into consideration that Prime is a SUPPLEMENT to proper diet and training and not a REPLACEMENT I would have no trouble recommending the use of Prime.

I hope this review is of help to some people and if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.
    Last edited by FormerFatBoy86; 10-14-2008 at 01:22 PM. Reason: added a recovery line item

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by FormerFatBoy86 View Post
    lmao, im a hairy mother****er i know. When i get a pump in my chest it looks so so different, but I think im still searching for that missing piece of the puzzle for my chest development. The a-trainers are an amazing tool for pumping them up and getting a strong contraction, but the weight you can realistically use on that movement and still do it properly is not enough to really stimulate that growth.

I've been reading a lot of jim cordova's articles and thoughts on chest development and i will be trying things out during these next couple months. The nice thing about keeping my diet controlled is i get to keep bulking past 12 weeks rather than having to do a mini-cut to remove that excess fluff. Im fat enough as it is already, I can't afford to be going crazy and gaining more.

Thanks for the feedback
    Jim's site is a treasure trove of information.

My chest is just starting to see some growth, and for me, it's been high volume and hitting chest every 6 days. Check out Hola Bola's 12 day rotation routine, it's pretty sick.
    Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Very solid review bro. Reeks of honesty.

RecoverPro - BCAA
    Maniac - PreWorkout

MFF forever!

DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Great review. Very impressive results so far!

Originally Posted by papagunz View Post
    Jim's site is a treasure trove of information.

My chest is just starting to see some growth, and for me, it's been high volume and hitting chest every 6 days. Check out Hola Bola's 12 day rotation routine, it's pretty sick.
    I agree 100% on jims site and Hola Bola's journal is ****ing awesome actually it was from reading his log that I finally was able to think outside of the box and realize i didn't have to confine my workout split within the space of one week.

I feel like im the same with chest as you, I need high volume and frequency. I just gotta spend some time in the lab going over my movements and maximizing their efficiency.

Very solid review bro. Reeks of honesty.
    Thanks J, I really wanted to write a review to be helpful, not write it just to write it. I believe people expect to much from supplements and this results in a kind of cycle of disappointment and bitterness with the whole market in general. Thats why I made an effort to be as realistic and conservative in my assessment as i could.

Originally Posted by DrnkMnky View Post
    Great review. Very impressive results so far!
    Thanks D, im pleased so far and have enjoyed my experiences with Prime.

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

Chest Success: The First Step in Minimizing Delts When I Press

October 14th, 2008 Day 43 (Beginning of Week 7)

Hours of Sleep: 7
    Quality: 6 (woke up tired as hell for some reason)

Chest, Front Delts, and Biceps Power-Focus

12 Minute Warm-Up on the Elliptical (Med. Intensity)

Flat Dumbbell Press (Super-Set with Standing EZ-Bar Curl)
    5.0.5 tempo with no lockout

35x5
    45x3
    65x2
    75x8
    75x6 (still havent got the hang of this yet but i will)

Done Like This:

EZ-Bar Curls (good form)
    50x6
    70x3
    80x3
    90x5(-1)
    80x6

Weighted Chest Dips (Slow and controlled) (Super-Set with Alt. DB Curls)
    BWx6
    65x7(+1)
    65x8 (+3) (PR)

Alt DB Curls (No swing no elbow pain good form and slow negatives)
    40x8
    40x8 (+.5)

Cross Body Hammer Curls (Slow and Controlled, Minimal Swing)
    45x8
    45x8

Flat Machine Press (Super-set with Hammer Curls)
    Done With Neutral Grip and no lockout
    150x8
    150x8
    165x7
    165x6

CG Chins (Bicep-Focused) (Super-Set with Shoulder Machine Press)
    BWx10
    BWx10
    BWx10(+2)

A-Trainers (Super-set with Cable Bicep Row)
    25x12
    27.5x12
    27.5x12
    27.5(-2.5)x12

Lower Chest Cable Flyes
    40x10
    40x12
    45x12

Bicep Cable Row
    100x12
    160x10
    160x10
    160x10
    160x10

Shoulder Machine Press (Slowly but surely my shoulder is getting better)
    80x8
    120x6
    110x6

Rotor (Rotator?) Cuff DB Exercise
    Standing
    10x12
    10x12

Lying on Side
    10x12
    10x12
    30 Minutes on the Elliptical (Med Intensity)

Thoughts: Damn this was a very productive workout, its amazing how small changes in your movement can play a major role in determining what muscle gets worked. Changing to a neutral grip for my pressing movements were a major success today. I really minimized the front delt activation and actually managed to fatigue my chest for once. I haven't got the movements completely down yet with the free weights, but im going to practice this movement some more on friday as well as try out some other things like the smith incline bench. I'll be moving my abs and grip training to tomorrow and really focus on improving my chest on friday.

Im feeling real good about this and am pretty confident that i will have something nice to show at the end of these following 6 weeks with my chest development. Im determined to turn this weakpoint into a strong one and that will be one of my major goals for the rest of this year.

Calories: 2483
    PRO: 193.1g
    CHO: 337.5g
    FAT: 47g

Song of The Day: Lil Wayne - Real Rap

I really don't mess with Lil Wayne cause I think he's suspect in a lot of ways. But this song is tight as hell and it bangs in the ride so I'll make an exception.

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

Sick work out bro. If work outs like this dont grow that chest, nothing will....

RecoverPro - BCAA
    Maniac - PreWorkout

MFF forever!

Ehmien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ehmien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ehmien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ehmien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ehmien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ehmien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ehmien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ehmien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ehmien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ehmien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ehmien is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nice stuff bro, only thing really lacking is your chest (got the same problem **** thing refuses 2 grow my stats are so out of proportions i bust out the 24kg dumbells for curls but max out on 95kg barbell bench :/)
    I've started doing some super sets mixed with drop sets for my chest like bust out a set of incline press then instantly followed by a drop set of incline flies.
    Still 2 early 2 judge but i'm feeling my chest a lot more .
    Your back looks tight btw.

All that ap talk is intreseting..i just finished using 2 bottles and i really didnt notice jack ****. Tried dosing it 5 min all the way up to 40min before my meals ranging from 1 up to 4 pills.

Sick work out bro. If work outs like this dont grow that chest, nothing will....
    Thanks J, Im looking forward to trying out your smith inclines too, it sounds like it would be a great mass builder since it would allow me to move heavier weight. I'll let you know how it treats me when i try it on friday.

Originally Posted by Ehmien View Post
    Nice stuff bro, only thing really lacking is your chest (got the same problem **** thing refuses 2 grow my stats are so out of proportions i bust out the 24kg dumbells for curls but max out on 95kg barbell bench :/)
    I've started doing some super sets mixed with drop sets for my chest like bust out a set of incline press then instantly followed by a drop set of incline flies.
    Still 2 early 2 judge but i'm feeling my chest a lot more .
    Your back looks tight btw.

All that ap talk is intreseting..i just finished using 2 bottles and i really didnt notice jack ****. Tried dosing it 5 min all the way up to 40min before my meals ranging from 1 up to 4 pills.
    Thanks E I appreciate it the most major things i need to bring up are my chest, then biceps, and rear delts. After that I just need to take another crack at my conditioning and lowering my body fat.

Also, thanks for me reminding me about drop sets, damn thats exactly what im gonna use on friday when i practice my dumbell pressing. Sometimes I forget how valuable different intensity techniques can be to stimulate growth, thats why im looking forward to my next training cycle cause its got a shock day for each body part implemented into the schedule.

With regards to AP, when you took it did you ever get that hypo feeling if you waited to long to eat? The thing that made me like AP so much is that when i was coming off my diet and reintroducing carbs, the insulin spike would make my appetite go crazy and i would end up binging. When i started using AP i was able to eat carbs without that crazy spike in appetite which let me know that it was doing something to keep my levels stable.

I've tried Na-R-ALA and while it also was a good glucose disposal agent it had a tendency to dry out my skin and hair. I really can't say too much about AP's performance enhancements in the gym, but its nutrient partitioning affects and the food pumps it gives me were noticeable.

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev