Fitandrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitandrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitandrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitandrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitandrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitandrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitandrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitandrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitandrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitandrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitandrea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile The 3 Best Ab Exercises That Are Not Direct Ab Exercises

Instead of the typical ab exercise routines that we see so often with crunches, situps, leg lifts, etc... I like to give better options for metabolism-boosting high intensity workouts that work their entire body while also working their abs.

I'm going to show you an example today of one of my favorite ab workouts that doesn't include any direct ab exercises at all. It's in a tri-set format (similar to a super-set but alternating between 3 exercises).

Here goes:

a. Renegade Dumbbell Rows
    b. Front Squats with Barbell
    c. Mountain Climbers on Floor

A good rep scheme to use with this could be 3-4 sets of 8 reps for each exercise, or more sets for less reps, such as 5 sets of 5 reps of each exercise. Mountain climbers can be done for a time interval (such as 30 seconds) instead of "reps".

Renegade dumbbell rows are done starting in a pushup position with the hands on 2 dumbbells. You then row one dumbbell up while stabilizing your body with the other arm. Bring the dumbbell back to the ground and alternate the rowing arm while stabilizing with the opposite arm. This stabilizing effect during the rows creates incredible work for your entire midsection core area. Trust me... you'll feel it in the abs!

Front squats are done similar to back squats, however with the barbell in front of your body on the front of your shoulders instead of resting on the upper back as in back squats. You stabilize the barbell on your shoulders by crossing your arms and pushing your fists into the bar against your shoulders while keeping your elbows out in front of the body. This takes a little practice at first, so you will want to seek a professional trainer at your gym to help you with the form. Front squats require extreme stabilization strength from the abs due to the barbell weight being shifted to the front of the body instead of the back. Even though this is mostly a leg exercise, you'll feel this one in the abs big time!

Mountain climbers are done by starting in a pushup position and then shuffling your feet in and out so that your knees are moving in under your chest and then back out to starting position. It sort of resembles climbing a mountain but flat on the floor. If you want an advanced version, you can also shuffle your hands 8-10 inches forward and backward in addition to the leg movements. This really makes it a full body exercise and MUCH more difficult than standard mountain climbers.

After finishing each exercise, rest about 30 seconds before starting the next exercise. Rest about 1-2 minutes after completing each "tri-set" before repeating.

This will give you one of the best ab workouts you've ever had without even doing any direct ab exercises. You'll see what I mean after you try it!
    Working,training,lifting weights...

godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    awesome article...very well put together and reps are awarded for it Will try it out on my future clients at the Gold's that just hired me.
    You Have To Sacrifice What You Are, For What You Will Become.

I rep back!

National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certified - 10 years

Follow me on Social Media:

Instagram: @Understarmor
    ********: Paul Starnes Fitness

BrainSlayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainSlayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainSlayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainSlayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainSlayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainSlayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainSlayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainSlayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainSlayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainSlayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainSlayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cool I think i'll do some Renegade Dumbbell Rows

kill two birds with one stone, like a dumbbell row plus advance Ab plank kinda.

crunchfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) crunchfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) crunchfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) crunchfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) crunchfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) crunchfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) crunchfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) crunchfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) crunchfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) crunchfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) crunchfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I definitely don't agree with that.
    Last edited by crunchfit; 10-04-2008 at 09:38 AM.

...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for posting that Fitandrea.

JoaoT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoaoT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoaoT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoaoT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoaoT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoaoT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoaoT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoaoT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoaoT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoaoT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

phoebusapollo is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebusapollo is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebusapollo is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebusapollo is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebusapollo is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebusapollo is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebusapollo is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebusapollo is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebusapollo is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebusapollo is on a distinguished road. (+10) phoebusapollo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Fitandrea View Post

Renegade dumbbell rows
    I modify these by and turn them into a full body warm up-

1) push up
    2) row on each side
    3) jump legs through and stand up
    4) shoulder press

10 of those and you are WARM

TatarMonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The best ab exercise

The best ab exercise is sprinting first thing in the morning!

Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Kettlebell swings are also pretty effective

Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mac9123 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Also, I found a pretty good article on this topic

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...h_to_crunching

fitnessfortune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfortune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfortune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfortune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfortune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfortune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfortune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfortune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfortune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfortune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfortune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks for the link

Originally Posted by Mac9123 View Post
    Also, I found a pretty good article on this topic

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...h_to_crunching
    That is a cool site overall!
    Youth is a Gift of Nature; the Rest is a Work of Art ~Elaine Fortune

Originally Posted by fitnessfortune View Post
    That is a cool site overall!
    Yea they really have some good training articles on there

GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by phoebusapollo View Post
    I modify these by and turn them into a full body warm up-

1) push up
    2) row on each side
    3) jump legs through and stand up
    4) shoulder press

10 of those and you are WARM
    I did these, but added a squat thrust first then the pushup,etc.

After 10, I wanted to stop!

Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol...........

GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by crunchfit View Post
    x2

Anything with '' the best (type something here) '' '' high-boosting metabolism exercise'' ...

im here for the bukkake garbazio's Avatar
    garbazio is just really nice. (+1000) garbazio is just really nice. (+1000) garbazio is just really nice. (+1000) garbazio is just really nice. (+1000) garbazio is just really nice. (+1000) garbazio is just really nice. (+1000) garbazio is just really nice. (+1000) garbazio is just really nice. (+1000) garbazio is just really nice. (+1000) garbazio is just really nice. (+1000) garbazio is just really nice. (+1000)
    pull up bar twists should be there mad hard,

NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000)
    Best core work out is from doing stand up ab wheels or from planks. Every thing else is a waste of time :P

Undermane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Undermane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Undermane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Undermane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Undermane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Undermane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Undermane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Undermane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Undermane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Undermane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Undermane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Wow Andrea... Way to come up with your OWN material....

Mike Geary - truth about six pack abs

Sound familiar?
    http://www.truthaboutabs.com/3-best-...exercises.html
    B.S. Exercise Science , CSCS, CES

Bench 350
    Squat 510
    Hang Clean 310

Height 6'2
    Weight 238
    Position MLB
    40 time 4.85
    Vertical Jump 30 inches

tkxii is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkxii is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkxii is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkxii is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkxii is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkxii is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkxii is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkxii is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkxii is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkxii is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkxii is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Undermane View Post
    Wow Andrea... Way to come up with your OWN material....

Mike Geary - truth about six pack abs

Sound familiar?
    http://www.truthaboutabs.com/3-best-...exercises.html
    hahaha busted. May I also add to that list, barbell bulgarian split squats, my obliques were trembling my first time doing them, most insane core stabilizer exercise ever.

i eat babies for protein. DieHollywoodDie's Avatar
    DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by crunchfit View Post
    x2.

1 arm-seated barbell overhead press with no 'tilt'.
    push press
    NEW GOAL(s):
    Regain my strength.
    Put on 5 lbs of muscle.
    Gain better overall fitness (strength, endurance, muscle)

"don't give up, the beginning is always the hardest."