jhaski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best body fat to start bulking

I was wondering what % body fat is the best to gain the most muscle with the least amount of fat. I have about 10% currently, and I was wondering if I should cut first more, or if I should bulk?

2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cut down more, and never bulk again. Just eat clean and put on mass slowly over time. You'll put on more mass in the long run that way.

Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 2uantuM View Post
    Cut down more, and never bulk again. Just eat clean and put on mass slowly over time. You'll put on more mass in the long run that way.

Sorry but this is completly and utterly wrong. Unless you have an extreme amount of knowledge and dedication you are not going to gain the maximum amount of muscle your training allows without putting on some fat.

With that said my first question is how long have you been at 10% BF? I ask this because I'm a firm believer that your body has a natural set point that it wants to be at as far as weight and BF%. Changing your goals too fast your body will really be working against you.

For example say you cut down from 20% bodyfat to 10% fairly quickly and then imediatly start to bulk. Your body is going to still be trying to achieve 20% bodyfat so once you increase calories you will easily put fat mass back on. Too avoid this I would suggest not going straight from a cut to bulk or bulk to cut but putting a a maintenance period in between. This is good time to work on strength to prepare for a bulk, or to solidify gains coming off of a bulk.

with that being said depending on your short term goals and personal preferances how far you want to cut can change. If your main concern is to put on alot of mass 10% is plenty low. If however your goal is to be slightly heavier and leaner leaning out a bit more may be benificial. No matter what if you plan on going from cutting to bulking it doesnt do you much good to go much below 10%BF as for most people no matter how long they stay there they are initially going to gain some fat mass as soon as they up there calories.
    "Leave the pump in the bedroom and add some damn weight to the bar" - Dave Tate

"Train for strength, eat to grow and you will get bigger and stronger" - Someone bigger and stronger then me

ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 2uantuM View Post
    I agree with Jneves. Bulking and cutting cycles are very effective. Maintaining/decreasing body fat while trying to increase muscle strength/mass is something that has never gone hand in hand and something that is nearly impossible unless if you have excellent genetics.

jhaski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been at 10% for about 3 months during the summer.