ahmadam is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahmadam is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahmadam is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahmadam is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahmadam is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahmadam is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahmadam is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahmadam is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahmadam is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahmadam is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahmadam is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Gemma Pea Protein Isolate!

Here's An Amino Acid Profile Comparison Between Gemma Pea Protein Isolate & Hydrolyzed Whey Isolate :

Gemma Pea Protein Isolate Is A Lot Cheaper Than Whey Protein Isolate.What Ya'll Think?

ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Gemma is a good choice for those who aren't afraid to step away from the milk proteins lore... it's usually 1/2 the price of most isolates as well. TP is the place I get mine.

It does have a different taste to it but not bad especially in the premium dutch chocolate flavor I got. Mixed with oats and or natural peanut butter it's BETTER than milk based proteins to me.

bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i get mine from TP as well. The price is just a side benefit for me, my main concern is that I have a mild food allergy to whey, so gemma fits perfectly in my diet. tastes great too with the premium flavors.

BE WARNED: its the most powdery powder you'll ever use
    Bryce Lewis, IFPA CPT
    onwards and upwards; quality not quantity

contest prep thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113042811

lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ScottMcDWVU View Post
    Gemma is a good choice for those who aren't afraid to step away from the milk proteins lore... it's usually 1/2 the price of most isolates as well. TP is the place I get mine.

It does have a different taste to it but not bad especially in the premium dutch chocolate flavor I got. Mixed with oats and or natural peanut butter it's BETTER than milk based proteins to me.
    Hmm, gamma pea protein isolate, I'll have to look into this... Although I doubt it will compare to Nectar Strawberry Kiwi... Unfortunately for them, I choose to not buy it any more...

lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bryce126 View Post
    i get mine from TP as well. The price is just a side benefit for me, my main concern is that I have a mild food allergy to whey, so gemma fits perfectly in my diet. tastes great too with the premium flavors.

What are your favorite flavors; I'm hesitant to order from tp due to shipping costs?

ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by lbarber4 View Post
    What are your favorite flavors; I'm hesitant to order from tp due to shipping costs?
    I'll PM you

I'll PM you
    Cool...

Originally Posted by bryce126 View Post

Yep another good reason is that many have issues with milk based proteins. They either need to look into isolates($$$) or usually vegetable based products. The jury is still out on Soy, hemp tastes like dirt lol, rice is another option but not all that popular yet... gemma is the way to go.

If you are talking about it being "fluffy"(hard to describe powder over the internet huh?) I would agree... very light and not grainy at all like whey. Use extra water when you mix it up though as it will thicken up quite nicely.

Damn, shipping four lbs costs more than buying the product!

bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yep another good reason is that many have issues with milk based proteins. They either need to look into isolates($$$) or usually vegetable based products. The jury is still out on Soy, hemp tastes like dirt lol, rice is another option but not all that popular yet... gemma is the way to go.

If you are talking about it being "fluffy"(hard to describe powder over the internet huh?) I would agree... very light and not grainy at all like whey. Use extra water when you mix it up though as it will thicken up quite nicely.
    haha yes. if you disturb the powder too much, it turns into a protein cloud.
    for those with a food allergy to whey, even isolates are not an option, versus lactose intolerant people, where a solid isolate will fix the issue.

Oryx goat whey is supposed to be pretty damn good. I tasted it and its great and its also purported to have a higher bioavailability than whey
    Bryce Lewis, IFPA CPT

That's why nobody buys 4 lbs from them haha. 16+ is the way to go if you've got the cash. I usually buy in the 16-20 lb range.

Edit: What area are you shipping to? I'm on the east coast(they are west coast) and my shipping was closer to 1/2 when I looked up 4 lbs.

Let's say you use 4 lbs per month that would be(using my shipping address)- a discount code=35 dollars a month x4 months= 141

If you bought 16 lbs-discount code also-price break at 16 lbs= 106.

35 dollars saved buying 4 months supply.
    Last edited by ScottMcDWVU; 09-05-2008 at 08:40 PM.

ahmadam is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahmadam is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahmadam is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahmadam is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahmadam is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahmadam is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahmadam is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahmadam is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahmadam is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahmadam is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahmadam is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How's It's BV Comparing To Whey Isolate?

Originally Posted by ahmadam View Post
    How's It's BV Comparing To Whey Isolate?
    close, there's lengthy discussion of this topic on the TP forums, as well as information on where they source the protein from, etc.
    Bryce Lewis, IFPA CPT

Don't quote me on this... but I believe they are nearly identical.

That's why nobody buys 4 lbs from them haha. 16+ is the way to go if you've got the cash. I usually buy in the 16-20 lb range.

Edit: What area are you shipping to? I'm on the east coast(they are west coast) and my shipping was closer to 1/2 when I looked up 4 lbs.

Let's say you use 4 lbs per month that would be(using my shipping address)- a discount code=35 dollars a month x4 months= 141

If you bought 16 lbs-discount code also-price break at 16 lbs= 106.

35 dollars saved buying 4 months supply.
    Alaska, although if they offered USPS shipping, maybe I wouldn't have to pay as much...

Originally Posted by lbarber4 View Post
    Alaska, although if they offered USPS shipping, maybe I wouldn't have to pay as much...

You can do that... there's a guy over there to email for that sort of thing but I can't really post his address here. Let me know your order info(product, shipping, revealing pictures of your girlfriend*) if you want me to email him about it or else I can PM it to you to see what the options are shipping wise.

I know they do this because a guy from Hawaii asked for the same thing the other day and got it.

*not required but appreciated lol

muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How quick is the is gemma protein digested? I have heard it is similar to egg protein? So that would put it between whey and casein right?