glow9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glow9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glow9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glow9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glow9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glow9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glow9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glow9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glow9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lose 60lbs in 4-5 months. How much cardio?

I want to lose this damn weight already so! How much cardio do I need to do?
    I'm thinking Lipo-6 Healthy eats but how does this all look:

(morning & around 11pm) Times I workout.

1 hour of cardio 2 times a day
    20 min weights 2 times a day

Monday-Thursday days on
    Friday, Sat, Sunday off.

I'm 200lbs 22 yrs old and about 5'8'' How much protein should I be having grams per day and what % of carbs and fats too would you guys reccomend? I want to get rid of 40lbs of fat I'de enjoy gaining muscle to but my prime goal here is to burn the fat. Please give me some advice.

jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    i'm not sure man. but there is a whole section on nutrion, and another on fat loss.

you work out that much already? wow. if you can keep that up and have a good diet you'll be looking great in no time.

good luck to ya though!
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ★cVc★ ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆ Roflcopter Crew ☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆ PC Master Race ☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆ /\^/\^Misc Colorado Crew^/\^/\☆

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by glow9 View Post
    I'm thinking Lipo-6 Healthy eats but how does this all look:

(morning & around 11pm) Times I workout.

1 hour of cardio 2 times a day
    20 min weights 2 times a day

Monday-Thursday days on
    Friday, Sat, Sunday off.

I'm 200lbs 22 yrs old and about 5'8'' How much protein should I be having grams per day and what % of carbs and fats too would you guys reccomend? I want to get rid of 40lbs of fat I'de enjoy gaining muscle to but my prime goal here is to burn the fat. Please give me some advice.
    that is a lot of weight. I would look into a good CKD. Lots of info on here....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=36497

cardio is great, it will help you burn calories and good for cardiovascular health. BUT your DIET will be the most important factor in you reaching your goal

glow9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glow9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glow9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glow9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glow9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glow9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glow9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glow9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glow9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Flex500 View Post
    that is a lot of weight. I would look into a good CKD. Lots of info on here....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=36497

cardio is great, it will help you burn calories and good for cardiovascular health. BUT your DIET will be the most important factor in you reaching your goal
    Cutting seems pretty easy does this differ? I guess I don't know the benefits over cutting

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Cutting seems pretty easy does this differ? I guess I don't know the benefits over cutting
    it is cutting. CKD is just a diet. it is basically a carb manipulation/ketogenic diet. NOT ATKINS! This is diet is more for people trying to put on and/or keep muscle while cutting. IMO it is the only diet you could put on muscle while cutting.

Anyway you could cut your calories and do cardio that is fine to. But when someone wants to lose a lot of weight like you some form of carb manipulation in the diet is usually a must.

you can get more help in the nutrition section.

And an hour of cardio twice a day is really really excessive to start with. Hell if I were you I would worry about.....

1. Diet, get it in order, figure it out. Nothing else matters if this isn't right

2. cardio, I would start with like 3, 40 minute sessions a week, then add on. If your starting at 2, 1 hour sessions how much more can you realistically add? That is how much competitive bbers are doing in the last weeks before a comp.

3. make sure you weight train to keep/add muscle

nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your diet will be far more important than Cardio. Look at it this way: 15-20 minutes of cardio are wiped out with a single Snickers

Briggsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Briggsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Briggsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Briggsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Briggsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Briggsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Briggsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Briggsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Briggsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Briggsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Briggsy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ok, lets not mess about here. no point talking about all this diet bollocks without addressing the real issue here.

in order for you too become this far overweight odds on your entire life style is unhealthy (drinking, sitting round, not enough exercise, eating junk, irregular sleep etc, etc). if you spend 90 % of your time doing things that are bad for you your body will be bad. the only way to reverse is not a quick "how do i get rid of it quick". it is realising that there is alot too change and it is gonna take alot of hard work and dedication to get where you want to be.

you will not stick too 2 hours of cardio a day because you are unfit. after on hour of cardio a day for a week you will not do it again as you will be sick of it and hate it. instead be serious about it. let your body sloly adapt by doing 10 -20 minutes. learn to love exercising, improving yourself and developing.

make your plan realistic, screw losing 40 pounds!. instead concentrate on losing five pounds. teach yourself to enjoy eating good food reguarly. cut out the booze and make being healthy an inate part of who you are.

there is no short cuts.

as thomas hardy once wrote

" we become what we repeatedly do "

all the best!
    Altius, Citius, Forcius...

(corrected)

Nothing in this world is impossible to acheive given enough time, effort and polo mints

what did the cannibal do after he dumped his girlfriend?

flush

m0sh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m0sh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m0sh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m0sh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m0sh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Isn't it bad to lose alot of weight to fast...?

Originally Posted by Briggsy View Post
    ok, lets not mess about here. no point talking about all this diet bollocks without addressing the real issue here.

in order for you too become this far overweight odds on your entire life style is unhealthy (drinking, sitting round, not enough exercise, eating junk, irregular sleep etc, etc). if you spend 90 % of your time doing things that are bad for you your body will be bad. the only way to reverse is not a quick "how do i get rid of it quick". it is realising that there is alot too change and it is gonna take alot of hard work and dedication to get where you want to be.

you will not stick too 2 hours of cardio a day because you are unfit. after on hour of cardio a day for a week you will not do it again as you will be sick of it and hate it. instead be serious about it. let your body sloly adapt by doing 10 -20 minutes. learn to love exercising, improving yourself and developing.

make your plan realistic, screw losing 40 pounds!. instead concentrate on losing five pounds. teach yourself to enjoy eating good food reguarly. cut out the booze and make being healthy an inate part of who you are.

there is no short cuts.

as thomas hardy once wrote

" we become what we repeatedly do "

all the best!
    I lost 20lbs in 3 weeks before through working out in the mornings although my metaloism was a bit higher then.
    Stress seems to be a big thing for me. I also went after I lost 20lbs to 200 then to 160 then 2 years later I was at 135lbs. So I've lost a lot of weight before but I was younger. Then stress set in not the best diet and when I did diet with a set plan it didn't seem to do jack. The best was working moving boxes basically first thing in the morning for 5-8 hours a day when I was 18-19 thats how I lost 65lbs in 6 months or so. I do think this is all possible.

dbitonti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is highly possible...I cut from 242 to 212-217 since October. I cleaned out my diet and dedictaed myself to the gym.

You could check out the "Velocity Diet" at T-Nation.

Oh ya, I did no cardio and got these results. Diet is #1. Remeber: DO IT THE RIGHT WAY!!!

DYSFUNCTIONAL strength I dont work at Ballys's Avatar
    I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I lost 20lbs in 3 weeks before through working out in the mornings although my metaloism was a bit higher then.
    Stress seems to be a big thing for me. I also went after I lost 20lbs to 200 then to 160 then 2 years later I was at 135lbs. So I've lost a lot of weight before but I was younger. Then stress set in not the best diet and when I did diet with a set plan it didn't seem to do jack. The best was working moving boxes basically first thing in the morning for 5-8 hours a day when I was 18-19 thats how I lost 65lbs in 6 months or so. I do think this is all possible.
    you burned over 23,000 calories a week? even people stranded on a boat in the ocean would have a hard time..
    If what I see does not amaze me, I am not looking hard enough.

The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know.

My YouTube Vids: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ajcharmoz