Location: a town called Luton somewhere in Bedfordshire over in the United Kingdom...
    invincible has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry Okay, so I stabbed my hand with a kitchen knife, but now what??...

Hi guys, how's things going over here? Yeh, so anyway, on Friday afternoon, I was trying to split these two burgers that were frozen together and grabbed a kitchen knife to help me out and guess what?

Yeh, that's right, I ended up stabbing myself on the left of the palm of my left hand while trying to separate the burgers!!

The cut is not too deep or wide, but it's not really small either. In fact, I can't really grip anything hard with the hand at the moment! Last night, I tried to lift a dumbbell to test my strenth, but couldn't stand the pressure it was putting on my palm and had to drop it!

So, what now?? I was thinking I'll need to take a week off, but I really don't want to, I only started bulking two weeks ago, and was really looking forward to my heavy workouts. I was thinking, should I spend a couple of weeks on a cutting diet with HIIT cardio 4/5 days a week?? I actually enjoy cardio, and still have a stomach that needs flattening, so it will be real useful, but will a couple of weeks be worth cutting, without the weights??

I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts… just don't tell me how stupid I am for stabbing myself, I've had enough of that! ;-)

Btw, anyone ever done this before? How long does it take to heal??

Cheers!

Silent Jhay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your just gonna have to bandage it and wait for it to heal completely. If you don't you'd be risking making it alot worse. If your really desperate you could try doing the exercises that don't require the use that one hand. Like a dumbell single calf raise, or whatever.

Rob85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ouch !!

thats gunna take ages to heal, try not to use ur hand much, and go to the doctors

exe is on a distinguished road. (+10) exe is on a distinguished road. (+10) exe is on a distinguished road. (+10) exe is on a distinguished road. (+10) exe is on a distinguished road. (+10) exe is on a distinguished road. (+10) exe is on a distinguished road. (+10) exe is on a distinguished road. (+10) exe is on a distinguished road. (+10) exe is on a distinguished road. (+10) exe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yo man i knifed my left hand before too, i wasnt listening to my mom and i stabbed a knife through a PLUM tryna get the seed out, when bam, my left palm gets a cut. It wasnt DEEP but it healed over 1 week or so. and now i have a scar for life

alexmich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexmich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexmich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexmich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeh man I hate taking time of lifting...it sucks. I cant lift for a month or so cause of my shoulder. So i just play racket ball, go on the trendmill and do sit ups.

Location: a town called Luton somewhere in Bedfordshire over in the United Kingdom...
    invincible has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh ****, now you guys have me scared!

Okay, I'm not gonna take any risks, I'd rather be safe than sorry. I think it'll be healed in a week or so, but I'm willing to start cutting w/o the weights this week, and then when my hand is better, I can then start lifting again and perhaps continue cutting. One or two weeks won't be worth it by itself, and I could do with some fat loss, so I'll do a proper 8-10 week cycle.

Mind you, I can still do ab exercises and stuff. I just can't hold a dumbbell or barbell!

exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000)
    Put pure honey on the cut and put a bandage on it.

Works wonders
    Capitalism, love, dollar & japan passion

steelechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelechris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    honey? never heard that one before...

p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000)
    i broke two of my fingers once so i just switched to suicide grip
    I've seen a 15 year old deadlift 440 lbs. first time ever touching a weight
    I've witnessed a begginer increase there total 350 lbs. the first month
    I myself can show you men bench pressing 821 lbs. men deadlifting nearly 940 lbs. men squatting 1104 lbs.
    Powerlifting the sport of imposibility to Bodybuilders everywhere

Whats my post workout drink? half a bottle of Jack Daniels No. 7 sounds about right

FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Go to the doctor.

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

Per Ferrum, Ad Astra- Mel Siff

Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by FortifiedIron
    Go to the doctor.

Kc
    Bump.
    "Government should stay the hell out of people's business." - Senator Barry Goldwater

Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: Okay, so I stabbed my hand with a kitchen knife, but now what??...

maybe try a thumbless grip for less preasure on the center of the palm.

Dann
    Kansas City Crew Baby!!!

04' is da **** baby
    Work Hard, Play Harder.

"I feel Sorry for people who don't drink, becasue when they wake up in the morning, thats the best they are going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar