AlexiaEva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Woman just starting out on Keto

Hi Everyone

I've been lurking for awhile and this board was the inspiration for me to try a keto diet.

I'm not perfect at it yet. I've been inching my way into it all week. Here is my menu for yesterday. Can you please critique/advise?

I know higher fat is good overall and my saturated fat was probably too high? Percentage wise am I ok (at least to start and later tweak after a couple of weeks?)

I don't plan on my cals being this high but having burgers twice and lots of cheese really inched it up.

Also - Is there a timeline when the carb up can start?

Thanks!

p.s. I completely had a stressful commute and indulged in an iced mocha latte w/ skim milk and hello holy carbs. Today I switched over to regular coffee w/ cream + splenda.

B: Small Dunkin Donuts Iced Mocha Latte
    B: Egg/White Omelet w/ Ham, Cheddar, Spinach
    L: 2 1/4lb patties w/ cheese + tomato
    S: Tuna w/ feta, red cabbage, hard boiled egg, mayo, mustard
    D: 1/2lb burger w/ mozzarella, avocado, tomato; 1/2 red pepper

Cals: 2042
    Fat: 123g (sat: 49, poly: 7, mono: 49)
    Carb: 62g
    Fiber: 9g
    Protein: 168g

Fat: 54%
    Carbs: 12%
    Protein: 35%

And for the record I'm 5'4" - weighed in today at 172lbs and my goal is eventually to be at 135lbs.

Thanks!

tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First of all, your carbs are way too high for someone who is just starting Keto. Try to stay under 20g for at least a little while, until your body adjusts to the change. You could probably afford to lower your protein just a bit too. I would aim for about 1g/lbm. And then in place of the protein you took out, add some more fat to take it's place.
    Remember, you want to stay as close to the ratio of 65-30-5(F-P-C) as possible until you understand what it takes to keep your body in ketosis. And you made a good choice taking the milk out of your coffee. I'm not exactly sure how many carbs tomatoes have, but if I remember, they are pretty carb heavy? I would switch to more green veggies opposed to more sugar-filled fruit/veggie, whatever the hell tomatoes are considered in this day and age.

Keep us posted and good luck!
    *United States Marine Corps*
    LCpl Status achieved

AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000)
    Add the yolks back in with your omlettes its good for you.
    BTK - Work. Hustle. Kill.

5/3/1 Winter Bulk - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137721563

PB's
    Bench: 240x5
    Squat: 285x3
    Deadlift: 405x2

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Drop the mocha latte. If you must have a coffee fix, go for black with whipped cream. Personally, I'd rather use the calories for extra food and drink my coffee black.

Forget the egg white omlette, eat the whole egg. This is a high fat diet, and eggs are an almost perfect keto food.

Don't worry about saturated fat, it's good for you. It's the transfats which will clog your arteries and give you heart disease.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

AlexiaEva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the advice. Yeah the latte itself was about 40 carbs so if I hadn't had that I probably would have been better.

The omelette was a mixture of real eggs and egg whites. But I will definitely just go all eggs in the future and try to incorporate some more/different kinds of veggies.

Today so far my percentages are 63/28/9 so definitely getting a bit better at it but my carbs are already at 26g.

I'll have to keep working at it !

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't forget you can subtract the fibre in your veggies. That means that most green veg work out at 1-2g of carbs per portion. Don't be afraid to eat plenty of greens.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Be careful of the cream they have at dunkin donuts. I know they dont have half and half so i think that there cream might be light cream which is higher in carbs, with all the carbs coming from sugar i think

Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I went to Starbucks the other day, and asked for a tall pikes place roast with heavy cream... I repeated the order to make it was heavy cream not half-and-half... they said sure...

when I was at the pick up counter, and say the barrista pour half-and-half in my coffee, I said, "Didnt I ask for heavy cream?"

He responded, "Oh, you mean heavy whipping cream ?"

lol, I told him dont worry about it, I will drink it with the half-and-half...