Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Stack-O-Lee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do people get so big, so fast in prison? Any ex-cons around?

What was your routine in there? I know a lot of things factor in on how big convicts get, including they practically have a nutritionist structuring their meals and I can't ignore the intensity of their environment, etc. Also, they have nothing, but time on their hands. I'm sure there are other underlying things that factor in such as where the desire and motivations to get big come from, but what about their routine? What equipment do you have available to you and how did you work them? I'm curious to know.

I knew a guy who served a little under 9months who went in ectomorphic and skinny as ****, but came out big as **** and sculpted like a God. What's up with that? Now he's a chub and can probably thank bland prison food for that also. I know of a few more people, who were nothing much when they walked in, but somehow walked out professional bodybuilders. What the **** is that? A prison yard on tv, looking at the people, appears twice as impressive as any half-decent gym I've been to.

And, I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but I don't think I'm too far out asking this here; it's a big community. Can anyone shed some light? An ex-con, a friend of an ex-con, kin to an ex-con, or perhaps a prison guard? I'm not saying I'm already convinced that I need to be doing whatever they are doing, but I would like to know what they are doing, haha.

Last edited by Stack-O-Lee; 09-03-2008 at 03:48 PM.

shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500)
    They have strong motivation... "you better lift this bitch, or were gonna f*ck you up for being a pussy!", that's gotta help. They can also get protein powders in there, they may have access to roids as well. I think it really comes down to having nothing but time and people who will pump your ass up. I've seen a documentary that went into the whole work out scene at prison and what I saw was HUGE guys saying.. "if you come in here and you wanna get big we'll make sure you do but you better come prepared cause we'll work your ass out!" Now imagine if the really big guys at gyms were helping skinny guys out of respect and comradeship, you'd have a lot more skinny dudes getting big, but most big guys on the outside are selfish guys who don't give a **** about the next guy, they just wanna get in, be left alone and get out. If you wanna get big go to prison son!

HoLLaAtyAbOyY1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HoLLaAtyAbOyY1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HoLLaAtyAbOyY1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HoLLaAtyAbOyY1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HoLLaAtyAbOyY1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Neva been locked up but I read this a while ago

http://
    http://www.treningsforum.no/forum/in...3229;topicseen

Navigator416 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Navigator416 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Navigator416 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Navigator416 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Navigator416 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Navigator416 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Navigator416 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Navigator416 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Navigator416 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Navigator416 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Navigator416 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    its not that hard to get drugs in the joint. ie. steroids.

setINgear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) setINgear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) setINgear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) setINgear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) setINgear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) setINgear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) setINgear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) setINgear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) setINgear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) setINgear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by shaggybarracks View Post
    They have strong motivation... "you better lift this bitch, or were gonna f*ck you up for being a pussy!", that's gotta help. They can also get protein powders in there, they may have access to roids as well. I think it really comes down to having nothing but time and people who will pump your ass up. I've seen a documentary that went into the whole work out scene at prison and what I saw was HUGE guys saying.. "if you come in here and you wanna get big we'll make sure you do but you better come prepared cause we'll work your ass out!" Now imagine if the really big guys at gyms were helping skinny guys out of respect and comradeship, you'd have a lot more skinny dudes getting big, but most big guys on the outside are selfish guys who don't give a **** about the next guy, they just wanna get in, be left alone and get out. If you wanna get big go to prison son!

Wow that statement about the big guys not in prison is so true !

setINgear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) setINgear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) setINgear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) setINgear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) setINgear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) setINgear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) setINgear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) setINgear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) setINgear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) setINgear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Wow that statement about the big guys not in prison is so true !

Carlito1980 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito1980 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito1980 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito1980 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito1980 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito1980 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito1980 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito1980 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito1980 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito1980 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito1980 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

It's all about the food,lack of everyday free world stress,and workout recovery time.
    True Bodybuilding fan since 1989.

"All the money in world cannot buy what it takes to be a champion" The Ultimate Warrior.

Been out of the game for over three months.I now have a second daughter, 3 month old Carolina is the newest addition to my family.Please vote and help her win the cutest baby award.Click and vote :http://photos.parents.com/category/vote/photo/1028833/4 You can vote once a day,thank you everyone.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    All you have is free time, (usually) no job, all food provided for you, plenty of time to rest and recover, and of course motivation.

bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Does anyone doubt the basic premise? I'm not really sold that guys "get huge" in jail. I'm sure a few show up that way.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    Does anyone doubt the basic premise? I'm not really sold that guys "get huge" in jail. I'm sure a few show up that way.
    They do. At least some do.

I have spent a little bit of time around LEOs, SOs who work detention centers, etc. That's where I get some of my info.

shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by HoLLaAtyAbOyY1 View Post
    Neva been locked up but I read this a while ago

http://
    http://www.treningsforum.no/forum/in...3229;topicseen
    good read, thanks.

HoLLaAtyAbOyY1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HoLLaAtyAbOyY1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HoLLaAtyAbOyY1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HoLLaAtyAbOyY1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HoLLaAtyAbOyY1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No probbb...

Stack-O-Lee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Now imagine if the really big guys at gyms were helping skinny guys out of respect and comradeship, you'd have a lot more skinny dudes getting big,!
    Yeah, I didn't think about this. That's a good point.

HoLLaAtyAbOyY1, I appreciate that link. I've been googling this to death before I made this thread and couldn't find anything. I plan on reading this in the morning when I have all my wits.

All I'm really want to see is some typical routines and a little insight.

Ned_Flanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ned_Flanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ned_Flanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ned_Flanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ned_Flanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ned_Flanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ned_Flanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ned_Flanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ned_Flanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ned_Flanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ned_Flanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    All you have is free time, (usually) no job, all food provided for you, plenty of time to rest and recover, and of course motivation.
    Yeah, that is how they do it. Lets put the steroids in prison myth to bed. Friend of mine did 5 years in federal prison, and he got big as **** and he never saw one steroid in prison.

s.c.a.r. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i heard they're thinking about taking out the weights in prisons
    Get Buff Mother F***

jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by s.c.a.r. View Post
    i heard they're thinking about taking out the weights in prisons
    Yup I have heard that as well.

I have seen free weights and have seen dip bars but haven't seen much more. Thats all on tv too mind you lol. Their motivation? Not getting raped in the shower. If your big as hell nobody is going to mess with you. I believe they have exercise time every day too so they probably just go out there get as tired as possible and then if they get bored in their cell, do more.
    =============================================
    My Training Log:
    new log soon!
    =============================================

sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I went on a field trip senior year to a prison and they had weights and the only people around them where blacks. They where all the size of Tyson and bigger. One time when I went to jail I mostly did sets of 50 on dips between two bunk beds where I was sleeping. One time I did 15 handstand pushups against the wall. I worked with a guy who was a 2 time felon and he benched 400. He said he had a friend in prison who was the strongest there who could bench 550.

Carlito1980 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito1980 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito1980 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito1980 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito1980 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito1980 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito1980 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito1980 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito1980 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito1980 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito1980 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In Texas ,state penitentiaries no longer have free weights,only machines for the general population.Those in ad.seg are allowed to go out for 1 hour a day and "play" outside their cell with nothing but a chinup bar hanging off a concrete wall.Free weights were replaced long ago,due to the amount of "incidents" that took place in the rec yard.

"All the money in world cannot buy what it takes to be a champion" The Ultimate Warrior.

Been out of the game for over three months.I now have a second daughter, 3 month old Carolina is the newest addition to my family.Please vote and help her win the cutest baby award.Click and vote :http://photos.parents.com/category/vote/photo/1028833/4 You can vote once a day,thank you everyone.

DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Of the hand full of guys that I've met who have been to prison, only one of them got BIG..and he was already in shape when he went in.

If there's any truth to the myth it might be because a lot of people who break the kinds of laws that land them in prison have higher levels of testosterone than most people...I don't know, just my theory.

willwigg3477 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willwigg3477 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willwigg3477 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willwigg3477 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willwigg3477 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willwigg3477 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willwigg3477 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willwigg3477 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willwigg3477 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willwigg3477 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willwigg3477 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Carlito1980 View Post
    It's all about the food,lack of everyday free world stress,and workout recovery time.
    o yes, im sure the people in prison have no stress lol

mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Finally! A thread about how people get big in prison!

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by mjw8204 View Post
    Finally! A thread about how people get big in prison!
    This type of sarcasm has no place here.
    I for one am considering committing some serious crimes in the future and find this type of information incredibly useful.

If more people committed crimes and trained in prison, there'd be a lot more successful weight trainers around. I think this is the next major wave in training. I'd appreciate it if you kept your rude comments to yourself. Some of us are here to learn. If you don't like the thread, don't post in it.
    Who was this love of yours?

mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ThickAsABrick View Post
    This type of sarcasm has no place here.
    I for one am considering committing some serious crimes in the future and find this type of information incredibly useful.

If more people committed crimes and trained in prison, there'd be a lot more successful weight trainers around. I think this is the next major wave in training. I'd appreciate it if you kept your rude comments to yourself. Some of us are here to learn. If you don't like the thread, don't post in it.
    Until you've trained 75-90 prisoners at a time, you have no business saying anything to me.

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    lol

tones3311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tones3311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tones3311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tones3311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tones3311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tones3311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tones3311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tones3311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tones3311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tones3311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tones3311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Food, no stress, no job......this thread is making me want to be prosecuted....:P

AcousticDoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AcousticDoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AcousticDoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AcousticDoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AcousticDoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AcousticDoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AcousticDoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AcousticDoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AcousticDoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AcousticDoc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    There's also a strong link between testosterone and antisocial behavior:

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/j...TRY=1&SRETRY=0

So many of these prisoners may just be more genetically prone to building mass.

broscience, ftw

xprodigy92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xprodigy92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xprodigy92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xprodigy92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xprodigy92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xprodigy92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xprodigy92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xprodigy92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xprodigy92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xprodigy92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xprodigy92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's about doing the right workout I think. Working out hard really. Prison you make friends and make enemies real easily IMO. So it's probably because they lift hard every day.
    PRs:
    Power Clean 275x1
    Dead Lift: 585x1
    Squat: 700x1 not raw
    Raw Squat 525x1
    Bench 470x1
    Dip:140 lbs + bw

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by willwigg3477 View Post
    o yes, im sure the people in prison have no stress lol

I meant free world stress...paying bills,supporting a family,putting food on the table,having a job that pays with money not "good time.
    Prison is not a place anyone wants to go,some guys do actually stay motivated and grow like weeds ,not all,some are like a few posters in here,they workout a few months see no change and hide behind the keyboard making derogatory statements towards those who actually put in work,except those who do that in prison ,cannot hide behind the internet ,they become everyone's "bitch".

Mickdizzle is just really nice. (+1000) Mickdizzle is just really nice. (+1000) Mickdizzle is just really nice. (+1000) Mickdizzle is just really nice. (+1000) Mickdizzle is just really nice. (+1000) Mickdizzle is just really nice. (+1000) Mickdizzle is just really nice. (+1000) Mickdizzle is just really nice. (+1000) Mickdizzle is just really nice. (+1000) Mickdizzle is just really nice. (+1000) Mickdizzle is just really nice. (+1000)
    I work in a prison and yes there are some big guys but 90% of them are nothing special. I can tell you though that they can workout everyday, some of them 2x a day. They get 3 squares a day + whatever food they order off of canteen. No supplements whatsoever....although I am sure that there are a few that use some.
    I can also tell you that most of them have no fing clue what they are doing. I see them going in there with huge egos trying to impress other inmates and I can honestly say that I am surprised that more of them do not seriously hurt themselves. There are those few though that are huge and they use the equipment they want on the days that they want. The prison that I work at has everything that a gym would have for equipment. What you see on the movies though is bull****. Everyone is not walking around jacked.
    Hard times don't last, hard people do.
    RIP PFC Kyle Geoffrey Bohrnsen