Thread: Lateral Raises

Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lateral Raises

So for the last 5 months i've been doing them, and i havent built any size or strength. There challenging like people say they are but i really dont seem to of got anything out of them, i dont even seem to get my shoulders (or side ones) pumped from that exercise, recently though (for the last month) i have been doing upright rows and size and strength has increased (i know other muscles are involved) and my shoulder are also getting pumped. So i was wondering if anyone has experienced this, or if they know why this is as my form is correct and i've switched up weights reps and sets and nothing helps. So should i just not do it?

Anyways i wondered if this was common, and if so whats the point in this exercise? endurance?

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've never benefited from laterals either. Wider grip upright rows is what I use as well. Make sure you're getting your fill of presses too.

You might try doing the laterals one arm at a time and leaning.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

The Flying Scotsman tothemaxwell's Avatar
    tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would try building a solid muscle base first. you can go about this by utilizing some more compound exercises such as db presses, military press, seated MP (u can use the smith with this one as an option), and even a shoulder press machine. Once you have incorporated some of these into your workout, you'll definitely notice at least some strength increases. You don't have to drop the lat raises, but go with lighter weight until you increase overall shoulder strength.

don't forget to eat well.
    build a better machine

DOLT. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DOLT. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DOLT. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DOLT. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DOLT. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I never liked standing laterals either. For shoulder size my keys are DB inclined, DB shoulder press, and front raises. I also used to do seated laterals which I found were more effective because on standing laterals sometimes you will kind of jump each rep to give a boost, and sitting down will eliminate this. But you should be adding some strength to all the exercises you do whether it is reps or weight.

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    You might try doing the laterals one arm at a time and leaning.
    ^^^^^^
    Excellent advice. Grab ahold of something and lean away from it. This will increase the range of motion and tension on the medial head.
    You could also vary the bend in your elbows during lateral raises. Ever seen bent arm lateral raises? I usually hit too much trap by doing this, but seem to be very effective for some people.
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've gotten good results from holding the weight at the top for a second during each rep. Also move the DB in a contolled motion, do not swing it.
    If it feels good its good for you.

nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    try higher reps (15-20) and less rest

those things really made my medial delts burn

or just keep doing upright rows, since you feel it more

or do both
    My Workout Journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142212621

imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try this:
    Sit on a bench. Bend your torso so that you are 45 degrees. Have your hands behind your legs and then start the raise. As you raise, tilt your hand like you're pouring water from a pitcher.
    akkxn - just lift heavy ****.

TRYIN2GETBIG88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TRYIN2GETBIG88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TRYIN2GETBIG88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TRYIN2GETBIG88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TRYIN2GETBIG88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TRYIN2GETBIG88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TRYIN2GETBIG88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TRYIN2GETBIG88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TRYIN2GETBIG88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TRYIN2GETBIG88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TRYIN2GETBIG88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lateral raises arent for building stregnth or size for that matter.. they are an isolation move

nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TRYIN2GETBIG88 View Post
    lateral raises arent for building stregnth or size for that matter.. they are an isolation move
    so isolations dont build size?

guess nobody should be doing curls either

stfu u clown
    My Workout Journal:

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation

they are an isolation move
    Exactly.

Isolation movements are bodybuilder's best friend in terms of specified targeting.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    wow, strong misinformation
    Who was this love of yours?

Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Verdelet View Post
    So for the last 5 months i've been doing them, and i havent built any size or strength. There challenging like people say they are but i really dont seem to of got anything out of them, i dont even seem to get my shoulders (or side ones) pumped from that exercise, recently though (for the last month) i have been doing upright rows and size and strength has increased (i know other muscles are involved) and my shoulder are also getting pumped. So i was wondering if anyone has experienced this, or if they know why this is as my form is correct and i've switched up weights reps and sets and nothing helps. So should i just not do it?

Anyways i wondered if this was common, and if so whats the point in this exercise? endurance?
    I never had good results until I changed the way I first learned to do them. I lean slightly forward, and make sure my elbows stay higher than my hands, and hold for as long as I can at the top, then lower slowly. I don't bring them all the way back down either; this keeps stress on the medial head. Also, side laterals with a cable handle will keep constant stress on the head also.
    POOR But Honest BOB

HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nads786 View Post
    try higher reps (15-20) and less rest

those things really made my medial delts burn
    High Reps and little rest have worked very well for me too. Giant Drop Sets FTW! I'm sure there's a term for the following but I perform them on occasion. I do a regular drop set and pyramid down the weight and then go back up (25-20-15-20-25). Now that burns your medial delt. Changing the angle and grip have also worked very well; a semi-prone to prone grip and a hammer grip have worked well also.
    For some reason my Shoulders have developed best by volume and little rest.
    Bachelor and Master of Exercise Science at Miami University

Doctorate of Physical Therapy Student at Jefferson College of Health Professions

Stayin' Shredded is what I do

Krunchy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunchy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunchy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunchy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunchy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunchy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunchy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunchy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunchy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunchy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Krunchy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

If all else fails, just quit doing them for awhile. You're only going to get so much out of them. Let's face it, I doubt you'll increase more than 5-15 pounds in several months doing them, so while there may be multiple variations, perhaps you should just move on to a different exercise. Come back after a few weeks or a month and see how you feel then.

The Flying Scotsman tothemaxwell's Avatar
    tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    ^^^^^^
    Excellent advice. Grab ahold of something and lean away from it. This will increase the range of motion and tension on the medial head.
    You could also vary the bend in your elbows during lateral raises. Ever seen bent arm lateral raises? I usually hit too much trap by doing this, but seem to be very effective for some people.
    i'll superset the single arm lateral raises with two db's bending slightly forward every set. it hits my rear delts nicely.
    build a better machine

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Use the exercises that work for you.

There are no mandatory exercises.

I'm the opposite, WITHOUT raises my shoulders don't grow for poop, but I would never assume that everyone is like me.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cables!

That's what I'm forgetting. Try cable side laterals with slow negatives. Those are by far my favorite shoulder exercise.
    akkxn - just lift heavy ****.

DOLT. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DOLT. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DOLT. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DOLT. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DOLT. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Then what are they for?

Originally Posted by HighRevinSi View Post
    High Reps and little rest have worked very well for me too. Giant Drop Sets FTW! I'm sure there's a term for the following but I perform them on occasion. I do a regular drop set and pyramid down the weight and then go back up (25-20-15-20-25). Now that burns your medial delt. Changing the angle and grip have also worked very well; a semi-prone to prone grip and a hammer grip have worked well also.
    For some reason my Shoulders have developed best by volume and little rest.
    ya my medial delts have grown a good amount, and while on a cut

bc of high rep laterals

another trick i learned is to put the db in the crook of your elbow to do L laterals, works great, gets rid of the wrist
    My Workout Journal:

Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nads786 View Post
    so isolations dont build size?

guess nobody should be doing curls either

stfu u skinny clown
    fixed
    If it feels good its good for you.

BigDrew77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDrew77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDrew77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDrew77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDrew77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDrew77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDrew77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDrew77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDrew77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDrew77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDrew77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A common error I see on lateral raises is the resistance used. It's one of those exercises where ego gets in the way and people end up using too much weight. I fell into this trap but then dropped the weight (and ego) and saw some of my best results. Try backing off the weight and tightening up the form.
    Never be satisfied. Improve all areas of your life: mind, body, and spirit.

When your in the gym leave everything else outside.
    When you away from the gym take time to enjoy Life(you only have one to live so live it to the fullest).

hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    A lot of people don't get results from lateral raises because almost nobody knows how to do them properly! I can tell you right now that the technique you always read about in the magazines is a load of crap! To do them properly, jam your pinkies against the inside of the plate (so that you're pouring milk from a jug). With your legs slightly bent, bend over and get a bit of momentum going as you lift the dumbbells up. Make sure you don't use too much momentum and heave them up though. At the top, dip your upper body again slightly in order to "crunch" your shoulders for a stronger contraction. In doing this, you're sort of pressing the dumbbells out to the side in the top position. Lower the dumbbells and repeat. That's how you do laterals if you want to build real muscle from them. Otherwise, you're wasting your time.

Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Try L-laterals.

They made a HUGE difference in my shoulders.

gabba will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabba will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabba will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabba will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabba will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabba will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabba will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabba will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabba will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabba will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabba will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I personally love them and get good gains, then again I aim for form rather than as much weight as possible.

Registered Camel Eater low blow's Avatar
    low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DOLT. View Post
    Then what are they for?
    presses = size, but no shape. raises = tone/seperation

hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by low blow View Post
    presses = size, but no shape. raises = tone/seperation
    This statement is ridiculous. A muscle either contracts or it doesn't. That means it either stimulates growth or it doesn't There is no such thing as shaping or toning exercises. There are only poor and inefficient exercises. Lateral raises will build muscle mass. The problem is that most people don't do them properly so they believe it's a shaping exercise. As far as presses giving you size but no shape, that is equally ridiculous. All muscles have shape to them or do you think your deltoid muscles are shaped like squares. Take a look at some of the physiques on olympic lifters and tell me they don't have fantastic looking physiques. This is one of those old myths that just won't die. By the way, I have nothing personally against you. It's just that this myth has been around for so many years, it drives me crazy.

Registered Camel Eater low blow's Avatar
    low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hulkout View Post
    This statement is ridiculous. A muscle either contracts or it doesn't. That means it either stimulates growth or it doesn't There is no such thing as shaping or toning exercises. There are only poor and inefficient exercises. Lateral raises will build muscle mass. The problem is that most people don't do them properly so they believe it's a shaping exercise. As far as presses giving you size but no shape, that is equally ridiculous. All muscles have shape to them or do you think your deltoid muscles are shaped like squares. Take a look at some of the physiques on olympic lifters and tell me they don't have fantastic looking physiques. This is one of those old myths that just won't die. By the way, I have nothing personally against you. It's just that this myth has been around for so many years, it drives me crazy.
    I have higher rep power, I know what im talking about

(was also just joking)

Registered User CaptainGorgeous's Avatar
    CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    OP, a lot of people do side laterals incorrectly. Make sure your form is right.

Mind over Muscle Leyton Stone_old's Avatar
    Leyton Stone_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leyton Stone_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leyton Stone_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leyton Stone_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leyton Stone_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leyton Stone_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leyton Stone_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leyton Stone_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leyton Stone_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leyton Stone_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leyton Stone_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by hulkout View Post
    ...Take a look at some of the physiques on olympic lifters and tell me they don't have fantastic looking physiques...
    They secretly do curls and side laterals when no one is looking ;-)
    "I not only don't use gloves, I file the skin off my palms before each workout. I also wrap double sided tape about the bar, sprinkle broken glass on it, dip it in acid, then wrap it in razor wire. I also plug the bar into an outlet, and stand in a bucket of water." - Defiant1