SixMillionDollarPostman buff_dad_dy's Avatar
    buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Best time to workout?

Hello all, newbie here.Seems like a good place to be.
    My question is, is there a perfect time of day to workout? I currently workout at about 9pm-11pm max. I enjoy this time as the kids are in bed and i can go off to the gym which at this time is not busy at all and i can get in and out of there hassle free.Downside is i am typing this at 2 am and have no desire to sleep and have to be at work at 7:30am. I go with the Mrs. on Saturday mornings around 7:30 am and not long afterwards i crash (sleep)hard. I have been contemplating M-F 5:30 am before work but I am concerned if this will help or hinder with my job and family life (daddy is too tired)as i walk about 20 kilometers per day.Afternoons 4-8 are a nightmare at the gym.What do you all think?
    Are there any pros and cons physically to working out later in the evening vs. early in the morning?
    Thanks for any replies.
    Enjoying great genetics since 1969!

wanting the wife to give me that wink just like the Bowflex guys says ;)

My goal is to succeed on My Terms and not to fail on someone elses!

Erected 1969

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's an individual thing go when you can get the best workout.......
    however you are depriving yourself of a very important tool in bb and that is sleep! so if your not getting it IMO I would give the AM a try,
    I workout in the morning and it's a great way to start the day and does have benefits.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I workout from 9-11pm also but I don't have problems sleeping. Sleep is critical so maybe try the other time you're thinking of.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

SixMillionDollarPostman buff_dad_dy's Avatar
    buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for the replies.I think i will give the morning a shot.If my job wasn't so physical i could see it being a great start to a day.Just afraid of being wiped at the end of the work day. I do enjoy the evenings though.
    Enjoying great genetics since 1969!

wanting the wife to give me that wink just like the Bowflex guys says ;)

My goal is to succeed on My Terms and not to fail on someone elses!

Erected 1969

creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    5am for me. It gets you started early. I have to be at work by 8 am. It;s a milatary thing. I do more before 8am thatn most people do all day.
    Chris
    Building a Lean Mass SuperHero Body or die trying.

phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In general, I would say that evening workouts are the worst time (your body is in the "process of shutting down" at this time). However, the best time to workout is the time that you'll actually workout. So, if evening works for you, then that's best.

I recently started doing some lifting in the morning (5:15 in my garage) and it's going much better than I thought. It's really not that difficult. And, they say that your GH levels are at their highest early in the AM.
    Jon Cole's Gym: '79 - '85
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9275071&d=1603917754

omnisjdi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) omnisjdi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) omnisjdi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) omnisjdi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) omnisjdi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) omnisjdi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) omnisjdi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) omnisjdi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) omnisjdi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) omnisjdi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) omnisjdi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Whenever you can, but don't deprive your self of sleep to do so.
    So Close to the 6 Pack:)
    On My Way To 10-15% Body Fat.
    "Putas del Fuego por vida"
    "Duck for life"