big_nas will become famous soon enough. (+50) big_nas will become famous soon enough. (+50) big_nas will become famous soon enough. (+50) big_nas will become famous soon enough. (+50) big_nas will become famous soon enough. (+50) big_nas will become famous soon enough. (+50) big_nas will become famous soon enough. (+50) big_nas will become famous soon enough. (+50) big_nas will become famous soon enough. (+50) big_nas will become famous soon enough. (+50) big_nas will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lightbulb Ramadan Ketogenic diet trial!!!!

Let me lay down the foundations. I am your typical Endomorph, over the last year I have been weight training and put on a fair amount of muscle but also a lot of fat. Over the last month I have been cutting and have managed to go from 107kg to 104kg and lost 1 inch from my waist.

Now a few days ago ramadan started and I wasnt sure what to do, cut, bulk e.t.c and I dont have any access to weight equipment so cant train. So i decided to cut, but realised this will lead to muscle loss and maybe fat gains due to the mysterious starvation mode.

So what I will do is play around with keto for a month and see how my body responds. To be honest I hate cutting and honestly cant keep up with it constantly for a long period of time.

If i like the results at the end of the month I may stay on Keto for longer.

So far I have ordered Keto stix still not arrived but should be here by the time I start.

Ive had a cheat day today and will begin tomorow.

My diet looks as follows:-

Pre suhoor meal: green tea, 2 boiled eggs with salad, burger and cheese and mayo.
    Iftar: Whey shake and tuna mayo.
    Dinner: Chicken or steak with salads, and mayo sauce and cheese.

In regards to training, I will try and add some cardio in If i have time and might lift also, but due to me only having a small selection of weights at home It might be a pointless waste of time.

Starting stats:-
    Weight: 104Kg
    Waist measurment: 44.5 inches
    Cant do bodyfat dont have the accessories

And finaly Ramadan Mubarak to everyone out there. Bodybuilding is not my number one priority this month my faith is.

big_nas will become famous soon enough. (+50) big_nas will become famous soon enough. (+50) big_nas will become famous soon enough. (+50) big_nas will become famous soon enough. (+50) big_nas will become famous soon enough. (+50) big_nas will become famous soon enough. (+50) big_nas will become famous soon enough. (+50) big_nas will become famous soon enough. (+50) big_nas will become famous soon enough. (+50) big_nas will become famous soon enough. (+50) big_nas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Day 1

Even though this is the second day, im counting it as the first since i cheated on the first day.

-Iftar meal

Chicken pieces grilled, with mayo and salad
    1 meat paty and some mayo
    Tuna mayonaise
    green tea

- second meal
    meat paty with cheese
    seekh kebab with cheese and mayo

Plenty of water

Not sure of macros, but im pretty sure im not over 20g of carbs yet

- Sahri meal

3 boiled eggs
    protein shake
    green tea
    chicken pieces

On a side note ketostix are coming up negative and I've been having some nasty headaches.
    Last edited by big_nas; 09-04-2008 at 05:09 PM.

After doing some research I have realised that I need to up my fat intake. Also will try and up veggies as I have not been eating that many. Any other suggestions feel free to post

Day 2

Due to me oversleeping I only ate 1 meal today.

3 chicken pieces
    3 small lamb steaks and cheese
    A lot of veggies topped with mayo
    1scoop of whey with 4 tbsp of heavy cream
    Green tea
    2 litres of water

The headaches were really bad but after some sleep they went away.
    Having difficulty getting to sleep
    Ketostix still negative

Just to update on my situation

I stopped keto today.

My stats when i finsihed after 3 days where

Weight- 100kg
    Waist- 43.5 inches

So my body definatly responded to keto, the keto strips began turining positive today, and I had some of the other symptomns i.e metallic taste in mouth.

Now onto why i stopped keto.
    I found that going on keto made me feel like ****, and on top of this it was distracting me from ramadan, i.e concentrating too much on what im going to eat for iftar e.t.c. On top of this its so difficult when you get called round to peoples house for iftar or when someone offers some food to you as everything has carbs in it. On top of this I started to feel sick at the sight of eating all the meat and cheese e.t.c. I like eating meat but just not in those proportions

So although my body responds well to keto, even though most of the weight is proabably water. Im going to stop any type of diet, training during this month and concentrate on aquiring as much good deeds.

After ramadan I will probably start a proper cut without keto but just concentrate on timing my carbs properly and see how my body responds to that. There have been times in the past whereby I have lost weight by just solely doing cardio and weights and not even looking at diet, but its been a while since I have done cardio on a weekly basis.

I will probably start logging this after ramadan. Thanks for reading

Thread/