ace_kevi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ace_kevi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ace_kevi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ace_kevi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ace_kevi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ace_kevi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ace_kevi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ace_kevi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ace_kevi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ace_kevi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ace_kevi is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Saw Palmetto?DHT, muscle gains, and sex drive.

I'm interested in trying Saw Palmetto to block DHT to prevent or slow down hair loss.

Has anyone tried it for hair loss and had good results?
    Does it negatively affect muscle gain?

As far as libido is concerned I don't care if my sex drive goes to zero. I'm primarily concerned with the first two questions.

thanks for any useful input.

EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Does saw palmetto decrease sex drive?
    Vision is purpose, and when your purpose is clear so are your life choices. Vision creates faith and faith creates willpower. With faith there is no anxiety, no doubt - just absolute confidence. R.I.P ZYZZ - YOU WILL BE MISSED BRAH March 24 1989 - August 6 2011

EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000) EVO-PT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just got this, from - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saw_palmetto_extract

Though men taking saw palmetto may develop mild nausea, reduced libido, or erectile dysfunction - id rather lose my hair lol
    Vision is purpose, and when your purpose is clear so are your life choices. Vision creates faith and faith creates willpower. With faith there is no anxiety, no doubt - just absolute confidence. R.I.P ZYZZ - YOU WILL BE MISSED BRAH March 24 1989 - August 6 2011

ace_kevi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ace_kevi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ace_kevi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ace_kevi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ace_kevi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ace_kevi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ace_kevi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ace_kevi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ace_kevi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ace_kevi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ace_kevi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not me. I'd rather lose my sex drive and have all my hair. Personal preference I guess.

The lack of significant data is annoying though. But then again, who would spend big bucks to study a plant that can't be patented and is so cheap?

Use/used Saw Palmetto, anyone?

Please post your experience.

Aftewr reading a few things on it i don't think many bodybuilders would use this stuff!

kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile

Originally Posted by EVO-PT View Post
    Aftewr reading a few things on it i don't think many bodybuilders would use this stuff!
    Not true my friend! Check out this thread which goes into detail at the end and includes references, http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...t=saw+palmetto.

Saw Palmetto contains beta-sitosterols, which are used in many products. Here are some examples: Annabolic Innovations Cycle Support (huge product used by thousands), Fizogen On Cycle, MHP T-Bomb II (a test booster), NxLabs Nitro T3, Twinlab Male Fuel, and Universal Animal Stak, just to name a few.

Saw Palmetto affects DHT levels and has NO adverse effect on test. Saw Palmetto prevents testosterone from converting into dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which causes prostate cells to multiply, and also leads to male balding. This herb prevents the binding of DHT to androgen receptors, thus playing a key role in helping prevent and treat prostate enlargement, and also hair loss. It also effectively regulates and lowers DHT, which is good because too much DHT has negative sides. It also helps to protect your prostate and your hair foliciles. So you shouldn't have any problems with balding and your junk. DHT is important though and too much suppression is also bad. Just use in moderation.
    kingjameskjf @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

My contest prep/workout journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115012401&page=4

kingjames, great post. Do you happen to know what would happen if too much DHT is suppressed?

kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    DHT is one of the most androgenic hormones. Androgens are anabolic homones, which stimulate protein sythesis. DHT is responsible for what is known as the secondary sex characteristics. These are traits that include muscular and skeletal growth that results in wide shoulders and narrow hips; facial and chest hair (within hereditary limits) and more hair on other parts of the body; thickening of the skin; increased sebaceous (oil) gland secretion; and enlargement of the larynx and consewuent deepening of the voice. This is all mainly during puberty, another reason why teens are discouraged from using any kind of PH/DS which could adversely affect them and their natural developement. Lower levels of DHT doesn't seem to play as big a role in mature adults. DHT is a potent non-aromatizing androgen. I hope this helps a little.
    kingjameskjf @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

My contest prep/workout journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115012401&page=4

Registered User yorkshiremuscle's Avatar
    yorkshiremuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea I was supplementing tongkat ali and got huge gains in testosterone and libido levels and since supplementing it with saw palmetto, my sex drive has been held.
    The way I see it is some people go bald so that their sex drive levels can be maintained, supressing this cant be good for the body surely? i might stick to the nettle/green teas

BROtatoes and BROminos qualitywah's Avatar
    qualitywah is just really nice. (+1000) qualitywah is just really nice. (+1000) qualitywah is just really nice. (+1000) qualitywah is just really nice. (+1000) qualitywah is just really nice. (+1000) qualitywah is just really nice. (+1000) qualitywah is just really nice. (+1000) qualitywah is just really nice. (+1000) qualitywah is just really nice. (+1000) qualitywah is just really nice. (+1000) qualitywah is just really nice. (+1000)
    could taking saw palmetto help reduce acne?