1. The evacs went as well as they could have gone.
2. A lot of Katrina-itis. Folks living at +40 feet are safe!! A lot of that panic came from people with no hurricane experience.
3. The people with hurricane experience (luckily mostly the people in charge) kept things calm.
4. Nobody that went through the storm that I know watched "the weather channel"-they stuck with local weather with anchors that have a lot of experience.
5. Don't believe a word you hear on the national networks or CNN- they are propaganda machines. I've lived in La since 1991 and have gone through Andrew,Lily,Rita, and Gustav- if the national media was that wrong about something I went through I can only imagine how wrong they are about everything else. South La ex New Orleans was referred to "as fishing villages and oil and gas towns" Ex New Orleans I would put south la against ANY part of the country for our percentage of educated professionals and income.
6. Ray Nagin is a fool- he's worse than a fool because he's a fool people listen to. Most of the people in La consider him a joke and an embarrassment to the state. We are consantly shocked that he got elected.
Thread: Post Gustav comments