Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Gat2urface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Accessories- Best workout Headphones??

When I am in the gym by myself, music keeps me going and going hard. I sweat more than the average person, especially during cardio.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a quality pair of good sounding earphones that can withstand sweat and stay in/on your ear?

I've tried the ipod standard buds(they break within 3 workouts), rivets (sound great, last about a month), and I've been using studio headphones lately(still work but the pleather is peeling badly).

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There was a thread not even a week ago on this. Please search...
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

Gat2urface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the non help, I did a search and found nothing on sweat resistance. Plenty on ipod earphones though. I don't have all day to search forums.

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I dont think anything is really sweat resistant...

Id just buy some at Walmart like the Sony or JVC earbuds for $10 and change them out every so often.

Soundwise, these ones are great and cost about $20 if you shop around, and come with replaceable silicon ear things:

Creative EP-630

Still admirin Xmas brah? BaSsSiKk's Avatar
    BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sennheiser CX500

/thread

(serious)

Getting Bigger Each Day. FaceThePain's Avatar
    FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wireless.
    I've used Bose, Sony etc headphones when working out, and always get em ripped out of my ears due to the cable getting caught, wireless are the way to go.

phatryde has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phatryde has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phatryde has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phatryde has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phatryde has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phatryde has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phatryde has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phatryde has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phatryde has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phatryde has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phatryde has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Bought these and work good for me, I just use an armband and place wires beneath my shirt. These are great for my ears haven't fallen off on most of my exercises.

SONY H.EAR MDRJ10L STEREO HEADPHONES

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by phatryde View Post

Bought these and work good for me, I just use an armband and place wires beneath my shirt. These are great for my ears haven't fallen off on most of my exercises.

SONY H.EAR MDRJ10L STEREO HEADPHONES

I have these and they work pretty well (got them at a Ross discount store for about $5). Skull candy makes some that pretty much refuse to fall out of the ear. I cant speak to sweat resistance...I mean, I sweat just from walking outside and never had a malfunction.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

tunahelper is on a distinguished road. (+10) tunahelper is on a distinguished road. (+10) tunahelper is on a distinguished road. (+10) tunahelper is on a distinguished road. (+10) tunahelper is on a distinguished road. (+10) tunahelper is on a distinguished road. (+10) tunahelper is on a distinguished road. (+10) tunahelper is on a distinguished road. (+10) tunahelper is on a distinguished road. (+10) tunahelper is on a distinguished road. (+10) tunahelper is on a distinguished road. (+10)

answer

i do alot of hand cleans and the headphones rip out of my ear ever once in a while, they answer to your problem if your willing to spend about 100 dollars, is to purchase a blutooth walkman and get wirless bluetooth headpones, which come in differnts platforms such as sunglasses/w head phones, the one i have is an insigna which was 75 but head bluetooth headset can range from 30 to on up,
    "Might makes right" Tharasymacus, bad ass philosopher!

pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100)
    Koss Porta Pros are the ****, have used them for decades. Classics that have been around forever. Nothing compares IMO.

-Stay tight but don't hurt. Not bulky or heavy.

-Best sound for the price, excellent.

-Ear buds can't compete in either sound or stability in staying where they're supposed to.

-Lifetime warranty. I've replaced mine several times. Sweating wasn't an issue. Get new pads when the old ones wear out.

-String the headphone wire under the shirt during workouts, keeps it out of the way. Very few realize that this is the best way.

http://www.elektroni.fi/tuotekuvat/k...a%20pro_p1.jpg
    Last edited by pumpster; 09-11-2008 at 12:10 PM.

Gamereaper74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gamereaper74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gamereaper74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gamereaper74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gamereaper74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gamereaper74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gamereaper74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gamereaper74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gamereaper74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gamereaper74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gamereaper74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    skull candy ear buds
    +United Misc Front+
    "For all that is miscellaneous and epic."

^^^()()GERMANIC CREW()()^^^

beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50) beefyron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    portapros are actually good headphones. Most consumer stuff, earbuds especially, is junk. i have some background in pro audio, and portapros are considered the best folding cans. i have these, they were less than $20 on ebay, and the earpads can be replaced.

http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?openform&pc^sc^KSC75

the only earbuds i use are phillips, pretty nice, but i don't like the feeling of being earfukced for too long.

pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by beefyron View Post
    portapros are actually good headphones. Most consumer stuff, earbuds especially, is junk. .

"Actually" LOL ok dude. I've used them for heavy training for 25 years and know sound inside out. About the best deal out there re: cost/benefit.

Earbuds aren't usual good sounding and don't stay on well. Also, they don't have much bass unless your player has a bass-bump, which means that you'll crank it higher in volume and potentially hurt your ears. More bass = lower volume = less ear damage potential.
    Last edited by pumpster; 09-12-2008 at 05:42 PM.

FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000)
    I use the Motorola s9 headphones,they are specifically designed to be water and sweat resistant.They work well with my Blackberry Curve 8330 smartphone.
    http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/pro...alObjectId=177
    The sound quality is excellent and the 8GB MicroSd card holds 2000 songs.It has controls right on the headphones for volume,play/pause,track forward/back,and FF/RW.It also acts as a headset for calls and mutes the music when a call comes in and the caller id tells who's calling through ear piece.The mic quality is good and sounds clear on the other end.
    "I truly believe that good will outweigh evil,but there won't be peace on earth until the power of love overcomes the love of power" Jimi Hendrix

MaxEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaxEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaxEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaxEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaxEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaxEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaxEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaxEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaxEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaxEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaxEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Make your own choice

This site has some of the best earphones ever reviewed
    http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...view-index.php
    I think the Future Sonics Atrios are about the best from the review
    Last edited by MaxEnergy; 09-13-2008 at 01:17 PM.

ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    These are the absolute best ones i've seen so far:

http://www.jaybirdgear.com/

Theyre wireless, rechargable, lifetime warranty against sweat, bluetooth, works with the iphone, etc.
    (Success!)Come show your support and vote for Optimum Nutrition to release an all natural version of their casein and egg proteins:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109431591

The problem with wireless is that the sound quality's generally not as good, and the prices are higher. However i haven't heard all of them and there may be some that are worthwhile.

ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The jaybird headset has really nice reviews in the places i've looked. It definitely seems worth the extra cost. Headphones with wires are just a pain in the ass when you're in the gym. Just my opinion.
    (Success!)Come show your support and vote for Optimum Nutrition to release an all natural version of their casein and egg proteins:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109431591

Morphine32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Gamereaper74 View Post
    skull candy ear buds
    I concur....I sweat ALOT also and these have lasted me for 6 months!
    I once was where I wished I was now.....Now I need to get back to there! Let the journey begin!

DavezFever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavezFever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavezFever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavezFever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavezFever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavezFever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavezFever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavezFever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavezFever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavezFever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavezFever has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Whats the cheapest place to get the skull candy ear buds? I smashed my generic ipod headphones and need some new ones aswell.
    My Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131830793

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DavezFever View Post
    Whats the cheapest place to get the skull candy ear buds? I smashed my generic ipod headphones and need some new ones aswell.
    They have skull candy earbuds at discount stores like Ross, TJ MAxx and Marshalls down here. I got mine from TJ Maxx for about half of retail price.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

dollen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hizzy Hat

Originally Posted by Gat2urface View Post
    When I am in the gym by myself, music keeps me going and going hard. I sweat more than the average person, especially during cardio.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a quality pair of good sounding earphones that can withstand sweat and stay in/on your ear?

I've tried the ipod standard buds(they break within 3 workouts), rivets (sound great, last about a month), and I've been using studio headphones lately(still work but the pleather is peeling badly).
    I use the hizzy hat. I sweat like a beast and I am shaved bald on top of it. So the sweat just pours. The hizzy hat keeps my ear-buds in my ears.. keeps me from snagging them and sops up the sweat as I workout. .. oh and you can wash em. I hate any gear I can't wash.

BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by dollen View Post
    I use the hizzy hat. I sweat like a beast and I am shaved bald on top of it. So the sweat just pours. The hizzy hat keeps my ear-buds in my ears.. keeps me from snagging them and sops up the sweat as I workout. .. oh and you can wash em. I hate any gear I can't wash.
    LOL!!!! I've seen it all now!

http://www.hizzyhat.com/
    Last edited by BigToddy; 03-12-2010 at 11:44 AM.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    My Ipod earbuds have held up for almost 3 years now, I sweat like a pig.
    1. Wear the ipod on an armband (DLO action jacket) then run the cable UNDER your shirt, out the neck and in the ears, no snags
    2. Wipe them off and check the cable connection for corrosion

I do this, they last, they don't snag
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BigToddy View Post

Well if the ease-of-use of the their website is any indication of the quality of their product, then you can count me in!

MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BigToddy View Post

lol

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    oh come on you gotta be kidding me

deadlift201 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deadlift201 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deadlift201 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deadlift201 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deadlift201 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deadlift201 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deadlift201 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deadlift201 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deadlift201 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deadlift201 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deadlift201 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I’ve got a pair of Sennheiser MX75 I’ve been wearing for 4yrs. now and they are great for cardio/gym. They are “sweat proof” and with their “twist-to-fit” system they never fall out of my ears & have above average sound quality.
    http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Twi...424827&sr=8-37

Mine have been through years of abuse in the gym, a half-marathon, and to Iraq and back…
    I checked out Sennheiser’s website and it looks like they’ve replaced with a newer version, so I can’t speak for the new model.
    http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...rt-line_504034

Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by deadlift201 View Post
    I’ve got a pair of Sennheiser MX75 I’ve been wearing for 4yrs. now and they are great for cardio/gym. They are “sweat proof” and with their “twist-to-fit” system they never fall out of my ears & have above average sound quality.
    http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Twi...424827&sr=8-37
    I used to have those MX75's. It's unfortunate that, in many cases, you can't try before you buy. Those things were hell on my ears because of how the rubber stoppers fit. If I went smaller, they wouldn't stay in, if I went bigger they hurt.

Plus, I can't stand the kind of headphones where one side of the cord is longer than the other. Does ANYBODY actually like that feature?

deadlift201 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deadlift201 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deadlift201 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deadlift201 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deadlift201 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deadlift201 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deadlift201 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deadlift201 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deadlift201 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deadlift201 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deadlift201 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Riggaman View Post
    Plus, I can't stand the kind of headphones where one side of the cord is longer than the other. Does ANYBODY actually like that feature?
    I guess I was lucky and the rubber inserts fit my ears perfectly?
    I forgot about the cord length... yes that bothered (still bothers) the hell out of me too, I guess the thinking is you run the longer cord behind your neck to stay out of your way.

Ultimately the OP will have to figure out what works best for him through trial & error.