Page 1 of 152 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Talking Epiphanies, DOMs and Cottage Cheese....

Drum roll, please.... this momentous week, I have actually decided I LIKE cottage cheese.

With this massive step on to the path of no return, I think it's only right for me to start a journal on BB.com.

So here we go....

Name:
    Charli

Stats:
    5'4.5" (amazing how much that half inch counts) 103lbs

Goal:
    5'10".... okay not going to happen. But 120lbs and ripped. And a BIG goal of getting back my period asap.

Studying fashion design and running/designing for my own label Charlotte C (can be found at charlottec.co.uk plug, plug, shameless plug).

Fun fact about Charli:
    I spent 18 months sailing from England to New Zealand, lived in New Zealand for three years and have now just moved back to Blighty.

And some history:

I suffered from anorexia and exercise bulimia for nearly three years, getting dangerously underweight in the last couple of months of that period. Last year, I finally realised what I was doing to myself and had a step-off-the-treadmill and into the light type epiphany where I took up weight training, started eating properly, and haven't looked back.

My weight gain has been slow and I still have a long way to go. Mentally, I have made great progress and am now able to take three rest days a week, do no cardio, eat over my maintenance calories and be COMFORTABLE with that. I'm an impatient person, and would like to see quicker gains, but I know I just have to bide my time and it'll be worth it.

So on with the journal!

Starting with today, Back/Bis/Abs day:

Warm up 1 x 12 Assisted Pull Ups

4 x 12/10/8/6 Assisted Pull Ups (wide grip)
    4 x 10/8/8/6 Single Arm Rows (per arm)
    4 x 10 Romainian Deadlifts
    2 x 10 Straight-leg Vertical Bench Raises (holding at the top for a few secs each rep)
    4 x 10/8/8/6 Pulley Curls (REALLY ouch today)
    4 x 10/8/8/6 DB Hammer Curls
    3 x 10 Decline DB Push Crunches

Stretches

Between set rest times: 30-45 secs

Pushing to lift heavier each time, even if it's just for one short set. Should feel it tomorrow.. still have big time DOMS from chest day on Saturday..

Food:
    Oats w/plum, ON Whey shake, Almonds
    ON Whey shake, Wholewheat Lemon-Blueberry Muffin (PWO)
    Tuna, Oats w/strawberries
    Chicken breast, Oats w/strawberries
    Mandarin, Almonds
    Chicken breast, Brussels sprouts (love 'em!), Cauliflower
    Cottage cheese (how this all started) with 2 tsp hot chocolate powder mixed in, Peanut butter

Until next time xox
    The Journal: Epiphanies, DOMS & Cottage Cheese
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110296001

Things that a fashion-trained PT does:
    http://charli-cohen.com

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi and welcome! I'm so glad that you're on the road to recovery. It takes a lot of strength and courage..good luck w/ your goals!
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey girl and welcome

It looks like you are on the right track (especially with the new found love of CC )

I'll be following along...
    *Mandy*

How bout them Cowboys?? :D

If you wanna get big - you gotta get nasty!

Join along on the journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7127501

Love it one rep at a time and never lose the passion for the journey in itself...

Bring on the DOMS!! Mrs_Muscles's Avatar
    Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How could I not subscribe to a journal with that title? I love it!

I like your goals as well. I'm also in the 5'4" neighborhood... I wish I had that .5" to add, it's more like .25" for me! But yes, it makes a big difference. And, I'd also like to be taller. Too bad we can't train for that.

I think your goal of 120lbs of lean mean muscle is great. Best of luck to you and I wish you all the best in your recovery.

CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by twinnett View Post
    Hi and welcome! I'm so glad that you're on the road to recovery. It takes a lot of strength and courage..good luck w/ your goals!
    Hiya, thanks! Yeah, I'm pretty glad too, I never thought I could ever WANT to gain weight, it's great

Originally Posted by amj0883 View Post
    Hey girl and welcome

It looks like you are on the right track (especially with the new found love of CC )

I'll be following along...
    Hey, thank you! Yes, the CC is definitely a good omen....

So today is a Day Of Rest (from lifting anyway, I wish I could get my mind to shut the hell up). Did an abs workout (http://www.lifeskooltv.com/video/killer-abs.xhtml -damn it's good, thanks heidismommy for posting that one up a while back). I usually do nothing on rest days but some exercise helps to calm me down when I'm stressing. A walk would normally do the trick, but sadly it's pissing it down and freezing, which frankly is just not optimal for a nice, soothing stroll.

But why am I stressing? Well it's been so full on working on my college app. portfolio and my business, that now I've got into uni and business-wise only need to do about 30 mins work for Charlotte C per day, it feels like I'm doing something very wrong by chilling out. Worse- I slept 'til ten this morning and that just makes me feel lazy and uncomfortable. I'm supposed to be on holiday, seeing my mum in New Zealand for three weeks before uni starts so can somebody PLEASE just slap me round the face with a wet fish until I SNAP OUT OF IT AND RELAX. /rant

Ooh I have a deep tissue massage booked for tomorrow! My naturopath gave me a voucher for a free one, and 'free' always makes things even better. Mind you, she's definitely cashed in enough from the cocktail of supps I buy to tame my cortisol to afford massage hand outs. ANYWAY it's going to be LOV-ER-LY. Especially after the killer leg/shoulders workout I have planned for tomorrow morning.

Food today, eaten and to-be-eaten:
    Oats w/plum, Almonds, Whey
    Tuna (anyone else mix in wasabi? It's goooood), Low sugar/sodium baked beans
    Prawns, Oats w/plum, Almonds
    Chicken breast, Bok choy
    CC w/hot choc powder (I SO look forward to this), PB

Love the therapeutic nature of writing things down. Hope this journal isn't TOO rant-filled though. Ah well, I guess I'm just a grumpy old woman at heart.....

craving sweet potatoes lorabeann's Avatar
    lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000)
    I love cottage cheese too! Hey we should be friends! Welcome to journaling and I look forward to following along. Good workout and good eats
    -Laura-

fresh beginnings going on here. watch out!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110185281

Originally Posted by Mrs_Muscles View Post
    How could I not subscribe to a journal with that title? I love it!

I like your goals as well. I'm also in the 5'4" neighborhood... I wish I had that .5" to add, it's more like .25" for me! But yes, it makes a big difference. And, I'd also like to be taller. Too bad we can't train for that.

I think your goal of 120lbs of lean mean muscle is great. Best of luck to you and I wish you all the best in your recovery.
    Why thank you, I try my best

Yes, one can only dream. Heels all the way I guess............

Thanks, I know it'll take some doing, it's nearly a 20% increase in bodyweight, but I am SO gonna get there! These forums have been so helpful to me and all you girls are striving for/have already achieved some amazing goals yourselves- it's v.inspirational

Originally Posted by lorabeann View Post
    I love cottage cheese too! Hey we should be friends! Welcome to journaling and I look forward to following along. Good workout and good eats
    Thanks for the welcome!

No way, you love CC too??! We are like totally soul sisters girl

amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You should try making CC Ice Cream! I have it every night....lol

I mix 1 cup of CC with 1 tbsp of SF/FF Chocolate Fudge pudding, spenda, Xanthium Gum, and LOTS of Ice!! Then I dip my PB in it...very yummy!!!

SO are you relaxing???
    *Mandy*

Join along on the journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7127501

Love it one rep at a time and never lose the passion for the journey in itself...

You should try making CC Ice Cream! I have it every night....lol

I mix 1 cup of CC with 1 tbsp of SF/FF Chocolate Fudge pudding, spenda, Xanthium Gum, and LOTS of Ice!! Then I dip my PB in it...very yummy!!!

SO are you relaxing???
    Sounds delicious, I tried freezing some CC with berries and was definitely into the crunch factor....

Hmm, relaxation-wise I felt I bit better mentally today. And I had my deep tissue massage which was excrutiating (but in a good way). V.cheerful though because I've found a boutique over in NZ that I can sell my label in. So YAY for me

Today's feats and eats as follows.....

Legs/Shoulders Workout:

FIRST TIME I had access to a squat rack today rather than having to heft the bar up on to my shoulders. I am SO investing in a squat rack for home. Don't have any space for it though, so the bed will have to go.

Warm up 1 x 12 Squats

5 x 10 Squats
    3 x 10 Sumo DLs
    4 x 12/10/8/6 OH Presses
    4 x 10/8/8/6 Lying Leg Curls
    4 x 10/8/8/6 Arnie Presses
    2 x 10 Static DB Lunges (per leg, on box)
    1 x 20 Static DB Lunge Pulses (invented this name as I don't know what else to call them. Also per leg, on box)
    4 x 10 Front Raises

Food:

Oats w/strawberries, Whey, Almonds
    Whey, Pear and berry muffin (PWO)
    Chicken, Oats w/strawberries
    Ling (LOVE it), Green beans, Almonds
    CC w/hot choc powder, PB

Off underwear shopping tomorrow (Note to self: NO MORE SPORTS BRAS). Interspersed with cafe stops of course. New Zealand cafes rock. English coffee is so crap

rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Your journal seems like a fun read I already miss my cottage cheese. CC and peanut butter FTW!!
    I'll take a 6 pack of abs please!!!!

Obesession is simply a word lazy people use to describe the DEDICATED!!!!

www.teamscivation.com

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109701391

Originally Posted by rubes00 View Post
    Your journal seems like a fun read I already miss my cottage cheese. CC and peanut butter FTW!!
    Thanks I gotta go have a sneaky peak at everyone else's now. You've had a long enough absence from the lovely CC to warrant missing it? What's brought about this travesty?

rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by CharliC View Post
    Thanks I gotta go have a sneaky peak at everyone else's now. You've had a long enough absence from the lovely CC to warrant missing it? What's brought about this travesty?
    Ha! I actually just started the Cut Diet and am on day 5... no more CC for me

www.teamscivation.com

Originally Posted by rubes00 View Post
    Ha! I actually just started the Cut Diet and am on day 5... no more CC for me
    That's a pretty good excuse. Good luck, bet it'll be totally worth the sacrifice when you're all shredded and the like

Mmm bagelly goodness....

Today's underwear shopping venture was relatively fruitful but I did cave in on the sports bra front. Come on, it was 20% off! Other shopping wasn't too dismal either and my lunch time cafe stop was bordering orgasmic- a French toasted bagel with hot berries. Yum.

Which makes food today:
    Oats w/strawberries, CC (anticipated I'd be going a while without much protein so went for slow release this morning), Almonds
    Aforementioned deliciousness
    Tuna
    Whey, Almonds
    Ling, Prawns, Brussels sprouts
    CC w/hot choc, PB

On a different note, I've been feeling a bit frustrated that my glutes seem to have got a lot squidgier since stopping cardio. It doesn't seem fair with all the squats and lunges I do. I guess I'm just feeling a bit impatient and want everything NOW. On the bright side, I've been squat rack hunting for when I get back to the UK and I think I'll definitely be investing. Hear that glutes, I'll be able to make you SCREAM for mercy, so you'd better firm up fast.

Did a bit of ab work today. I'm thinking of changing my split to two days rather than three, so I'm hitting every muscle group twice a week. I'd do chest/tris/shoulders and back/legs. Any thoughts?

That cafe meal does sound delcious!!!

YAY for a squat rack! I was scared of it for so long but now love it

As far as your routine....keep in mind that you do not want to burn yourself out and you always want to work towards more. Does that make sense? Your body will adjust with time so you will need to be switching things up often...
    *Mandy*

That cafe meal does sound delcious!!!

YAY for a squat rack! I was scared of it for so long but now love it

As far as your routine....keep in mind that you do not want to burn yourself out and you always want to work towards more. Does that make sense? Your body will adjust with time so you will need to be switching things up often...
    Indeed it was! I'll have to give some healthy French toast a shot sometime. I tend to be a bit lazy kitchen-wise :/.. Used to LOVE baking though so must set a day aside for sweet treat experimentation.

Thanks for the advice . I started the new split today and I like the intensity and the extra 20 mins it adds to my workout. We'll see how the legs/back/bis combo works tomorrow..

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey, I see you have a journal. Yay, I'll be peeking in. A squat rack is what I need too, a very good investment. And I hear you, I'm not very patient either :P. Oh, and you're welcome for that link.
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

Epic workout :D

Had a fab workout today (chest/shoulders/tris). I've upped the intensity a lot. I was lifting to fatigue but still wasn't leaving the gym feeling utterly caned, so something had to be done.

Did 2 mins jogging on the treadmill at steep incline to get the blood pumping, then:

Warm up 1 x 12 Incline DB Presses
    4 x 10/8/8/7 Incline DB Presses + partial reps to complete fatigue
    4 x 10/8/8/6 Arnie Presses superset with 4 x 10/8/8/6 Around The Worlds
    2 x 10 Vertical Bench Straight Leg Raises
    4 x 12/10/8/8 Decline DB Presses superset with 3 x 10 Decline DB Push Crunches + partial reps to complete fatigue
    4 x 10/8/8/6 Tricep Kickbacks + partial reps to complete fatigue
    4 x 12/10/8/6 DB Military Presses + partial reps to complete fatigue (increase in weight)
    1 x 22 Weighted Dips
    4 x 10/8/8/6 Upright Rows + partial reps to complete fatigue (increase in weight)
    3 x 5 Skullcrushers

Really pleased my shoulders seem to be getting stronger as they're one of my weak spots. Also, I found that by fatiguing my chest first, my Military Presses hit my shoulders even better because I wasn't inclined to engage my pecs. All good stuff

Food eaten and awaiting eating:

Whey, WW pear & berry muffin, Oats w/strawberries (PWO)
    Tuna, Bite of caramel cheesecake
    Oats w/strawberries
    Prawns, Oats w/strawberries
    Chicken breast, Sprouts, Almonds
    CC w/hot choc, PB, Dark Choc

Going to increase my calories by 50 to 2150 on workout days (sticking with 1900 on off days for now).

Catch ya later
    Last edited by CharliC; 09-04-2008 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Wasn't anticipating the cheesecake opportunity :D. Delcious bite v. Massive slice: Benefit of it being someone else's cake!

Originally Posted by heidismommy View Post
    Hey, I see you have a journal. Yay, I'll be peeking in. A squat rack is what I need too, a very good investment. And I hear you, I'm not very patient either :P. Oh, and you're welcome for that link.
    Hey, thanks for paying a visit!

Wow, I didn't realise what I was missing out on- I'll be ordering one to arrive at my home in the UK the same time as me, so I can get stuck right in once I'm back. In the meantime, I'll enjoy having access to a gym whilst it lasts....

I'll have to come have a nosey through your journal, your amazing recovery is a BIG inspiration to me .

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey, thanks for paying a visit!

Wow, I didn't realise what I was missing out on- I'll be ordering one to arrive at my home in the UK the same time as me, so I can get stuck right in once I'm back. In the meantime, I'll enjoy having access to a gym whilst it lasts....

I'll have to come have a nosey through your journal, your amazing recovery is a BIG inspiration to me .
    Right now I'm using my couch as a squat rack, lol. Thank you so much btw, that is very neat to hear!

Right now I'm using my couch as a squat rack, lol. Thank you so much btw, that is very neat to hear!
    Lol, I was using a combo of my bench and bed, which was just a tad risky for going heavy.... Something to do with me having to be on my knees to get the bar on and of my shoulders. Hmm.

Yeah, I'm dead set on getting me some abs like yours .

Oh my GOD, two days in a row without rain!!!!!!! This is just.... wow. Though I still have a couple of ice blocks attached to my wrists, so the sun can't be projecting much heat. Ah, you win some you lose some.

Good legs/back/bis today:

Warm up 2 mins on the eliptical, backwards at high resistance
    + 1 x 12 BB Squats

4 x 10/10/10/6(PR) BB Squats followed immediately by 1 x 30 Bodyweight Squats
    4 x 10/10/10/10 Romanian DLs (PR)
    4 x 12/10/8/6 Seated Rows followed immediately by 1 x 20 Press Ups
    1 x 10 Weighted Backward-Stepping Lunges (per leg)
    1 x 10 Weighted Static Lunges (per leg, on box)
    Backward-Stepping Bodyweight Lunges to failure (on box)
    4 x 12/10/10/8 Single Arm Rows + partial reps to complete failure
    3 x 8 Lying Leg Curls (drop sets)
    1 x 10/8/8/6 Hammer Curls superset with 1 x 10/8/8/6 Concentration Curls + assisted reps after failure
    3 x 12 DB Push Crunches

Strangely, it's my triceps that are absolutely killing me. I don't know if I missed my target muscle on one of my exercises and accidentally over-engaged my tris, or whether it's DOMS from yesterday. If the former, what exercise could have caused it????

Food:

Whey, Pear cinnamon & cream cheese muffin (forget bagels, cream cheese was made for muffins I tell you!)
    Reduced sugar/sodium baked beans, Almonds
    Ling w/cauliflower
    Ling w/green beans
    CC w/hot choc, PB, Lindt 85%

Off to see some family for the day tomorrow, so we have to undergo the tedious task of organising my own food to take down. I haven't had to do it enough for people to get used to it yet, so the initial freak factor is still there, unfortunately....

Lol, I was using a combo of my bench and bed, which was just a tad risky for going heavy.... Something to do with me having to be on my knees to get the bar on and of my shoulders. Hmm.

Yeah, I'm dead set on getting me some abs like yours .
    It definitely isn't the safest thing. I lift heavy (for me), but I have to push myself up very strategically. I cannot get the barbel on shoulders and get to standing from squatting without having to use my arms to push off the couch. Thank you so much btw .

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's always fun packing food to take! lol...have a good time!
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

Bring on the DOMS!! Mrs_Muscles's Avatar
    Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Have a great time with the family. The "intital freak factor" will wear off in time. Explain your goals and reasonging... and this is where you find out who will support you and who won't. Kind of like a time or reckoning. I hope your family embraces your goals. But be patient, it can take time for people to accept them

As for the tricep soreness... the previous workout you did a lot of pressing exercises with your arms to work chest/shoulders, then did kickbacks. Even tough you might not have felt it, all those press exercises were engaging your triceps. Kickbacks for me are the single tricep exercise that gives me the most burn... and the most soreness the next day! So, that's most likely your explanation.

No worries about packing the food - you'll get the hang of it no time and when you DO NOT bring food everyone will be asking where it is

You've had some great workouts the past few days...very cool! So you do always try to push your lifting to exhaustion??

I hope you are having a great weekend!
    *Mandy*

You girls are silly. I would've never thought to use my couch/bed for a squat rack...... use the roof of your car DUH. Just set it up there and send it rolling, run to the back and before you know it, you'll have the bar on your back

No, but on a serious note.... workouts look great! Keep it up.

www.teamscivation.com

It definitely isn't the safest thing. I lift heavy (for me), but I have to push myself up very strategically. I cannot get the barbel on shoulders and get to standing from squatting without having to use my arms to push off the couch. Thank you so much btw .
    I just sort of wobble myself up and hope for the best. My back is in one piece thus far, but I think a squat rack is a good idea before the inevitable happens. Plus, it's nice being able to use twice as much weight as with the bed-bench combo....

Originally Posted by twinnett View Post
    It's always fun packing food to take! lol...have a good time!
    Thanks Tara, it was a nice day- good to catch up with everyone. Hmm, I should really make an effort to make it look more appetising so people feel less smug about their delicious looking lard-glistening platefuls....

Originally Posted by Mrs_Muscles View Post
    Have a great time with the family. The "intital freak factor" will wear off in time. Explain your goals and reasonging... and this is where you find out who will support you and who won't. Kind of like a time or reckoning. I hope your family embraces your goals. But be patient, it can take time for people to accept them

As for the tricep soreness... the previous workout you did a lot of pressing exercises with your arms to work chest/shoulders, then did kickbacks. Even tough you might not have felt it, all those press exercises were engaging your triceps. Kickbacks for me are the single tricep exercise that gives me the most burn... and the most soreness the next day! So, that's most likely your explanation.
    My parents are great about it, very understanding. I got off lightly today they happened to have some prawns in the fridge and cooked up a selection of steamed greens so I didn't even need to crack out the chicken breast and CC. Ate that in the privacy of the car on the journey there and back.

Thanks, I hoped that was the case, rather than having cocked up my back workout or something. I'm the same- kick backs are the only tris exercise that I can really FEEL. Love 'em .

No worries about packing the food - you'll get the hang of it no time and when you DO NOT bring food everyone will be asking where it is

You've had some great workouts the past few days...very cool! So you do always try to push your lifting to exhaustion??

I hope you are having a great weekend!
    Hey Mandy- yes, I look forward to it being the norm. And hopefully it might inspire some of my friends and family to pick up similar eating habits. This is providing I can fix the presentation issues I mentioned earlier- chocolate cottage cheese is a bit too vomit-esque if I want to reel people into the whole healthy eating thing.

Thanks, I've really enjoyed the workouts. I do push for fatigue in every exercise, and I've just found out about some effective ways to it without a spot so I'm doing a better job of it now. I posted the article in the female training section.