BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50)

insulin sensitivity

I think I might have this.
    How do I know ? Been cutting,ya the weight coming of but slowly. Is insulin sensitivity down to carbs and wat to eat them and not ?
    My cutting log:
    -----------------------------------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=513460853#post513460853

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Are you talking "sensativity" or "resistance"? Insulin sensativity is a good thing typically. It means your body can use little squirts of insulin to shuttle away blood glucose. This means that your body is in "storage" mode for a shorter period of time, making it much easier to remain/become lean. WHen you're resistant, the opposite is true: Your body needs much more insulin to deal with even a small amount of blood glucose, meaning the hormone remains in your systme much longer, making it far more difficult to remain lean.

Unless you're already diabetic, and perhaps even if you are, there are things that you can do: Workout consistently, better diet that promotes a more stable blood sugar level throughoutthe day. Lots of good reading out there on this topic. Just do a search. good luck
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BigBoyAdd View Post
    I think I might have this.
    How do I know ?
    If you want to test insulin resistance get a Fasting Blood Insulin and a Glucose Tolerance Test.
    Yo want as much insulin sensitivity as possible.

At age 28 its unlikely your have insulin resistance unless you are fat or have diabetes in the family,
    Last edited by GregT; 08-31-2008 at 06:01 AM.

BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Cape1 View Post
    Are you talking "sensativity" or "resistance"? Insulin sensativity is a good thing typically. It means your body can use little squirts of insulin to shuttle away blood glucose. This means that your body is in "storage" mode for a shorter period of time, making it much easier to remain/become lean. WHen you're resistant, the opposite is true: Your body needs much more insulin to deal with even a small amount of blood glucose, meaning the hormone remains in your systme much longer, making it far more difficult to remain lean.

Unless you're already diabetic, and perhaps even if you are, there are things that you can do: Workout consistently, better diet that promotes a more stable blood sugar level throughoutthe day. Lots of good reading out there on this topic. Just do a search. good luck

Hmmmmm
    Well I'm 99% sure I'm not diabetic, that said I could be and not know it. will get it checked. I think I might be resistant as I find it f**king hard to lose weight. If I'm resistant does this mean I'm taking on to much sugar at the wrong times ?

Is it carbs or sugers that are holding me back ?
    My cutting log:
    -----------------------------------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=513460853#post513460853

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    FWIW there is a simple & tasty way to increase yours:

Add a 1/4 teaspoon of GOOD cinnamon to your daily nutrition. Feel free to Google for the reasons.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here's an article by Lyle McDonald on the issue, and near the bottom are a couple quick questions you can answer based on your own observations of how your body responds when you eat carbs.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/Fat...onald-ins.html

While you can surely make your body more sensitive to insulin through diet, which is a good thing especially if your body over-produces insulin, you can enhance the effect of limited carb intake with plenty of exercise. If you deplete your body's glycogen stores (energy for exercise) whenever you eat carbs the insulin will be scrubbed from the bloodstream more readily by muscle tissue.

So, if you're highly insulin resistant and over-producing insulin (worst combination ever thanks to genetics) it's going to mean a fairly restrictive diet and lots of exercise of fairly moderate to high intensity.

Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BigBoyAdd View Post
    Hmmmmm
    Well I'm 99% sure I'm not diabetic, that said I could be and not know it. will get it checked. I think I might be resistant as I find it f**king hard to lose weight. If I'm resistant does this mean I'm taking on to much sugar at the wrong times ?

Is it carbs or sugers that are holding me back ?
    Insulin resistance arose in western societies simply because we (a) eat way more often than we should and (2) eat processed foods. This constant stimulation of the pancreas and then with crap besides is very bad for our bodies.

I highly recommend the Warrior Diet by Ori Hofmekler for anyone with IR. However, while Ori has you eating small amounts of veg/fruit throughout the day, you'd want to eat almonds, cheese, walnuts, all in very tiny amounts. You then binge at night with TONS of very healthy foods (since humans love to binge, why fight it?)

www.warriordiet.com

Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Enjoy!!

"Especially striking are the improved insulin sensitivity and cardiovascular risk profiles in animals maintained on diets with long inter-meal intervals." (Mattson, M.P., PhD. Lancet 2005; 365:1978-80)