Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Gatorade and TKD - will it mess up Ketosis?

I did the KETO diet starting January 1 and stopped about 5 months in once I finished my cut.

When I started working out with a trainer he really kicked my ass.
    We get a ton more done in an hour than ever before and I have made amazing strength gains.

The thing about it is that when I started working out with him (on CKD) my blood sugar would drop like mad and I'd get very light headed and dizzy about 30 mintues in to the session.

Since May, I have been holding to a 40/40/20 and still, even though I eat plenty of slow digesting carbs pre workout, I still get light headed and dizzy after about 45 minutes or so.

So, what have I done? Gatorade.
    Yup, I buy a bottle of orange gatorade and start sipping on it about 10 minutes before I lift.
    No more light headed dizzy spells. I guess the fast sugars bridge the gap and elevate my blood sugar enough to keep me going..
    Sounds crazy, but it helps.. I don't like the idea of the HFC in but for now it works.
    So her comes my concern and question.
    I am going to jump back in to KETO for a few months. Gonna go the TKD route.
    So, do you guys think that Gatorade, along with my pre workout meal/shake will be a bad thing on TKD? Will it throw me over ketosis in a non recovering type of way?
    I know some people can get back in to Ketosis an hour after a carb filled post w/o shake but others take 20 hours to get back in to ketosis..
    I lift with him, M-W-F @ 8 am so I am a bit concerned.

I am going to try it out, but I thought I would get your input first.
    Last edited by Autino; 08-31-2008 at 03:33 PM.

Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    anyone?

Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000)
    Use the powder. No HFCS in that.
    "But he has discovered it! He discovered the perfect diet! I bet it includes eating a bunch of previously undiscovered plants that are disappearing from the rain forest. Either that or you have to close your eyes and suck all of your food from a hose." - SumDumGoi

jimmy5056 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimmy5056 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimmy5056 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimmy5056 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimmy5056 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimmy5056 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimmy5056 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimmy5056 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimmy5056 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimmy5056 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimmy5056 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same problem, and keto actually helped with the dizzyness. I only ended up staying on keto for about a week due to other issues, but I noticed for a while after I had no problems with dizzyness and feeling weak and lightheaded.

anyone else?

b5s402 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b5s402 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b5s402 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b5s402 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b5s402 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b5s402 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b5s402 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b5s402 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b5s402 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b5s402 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b5s402 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have 65g carbs pre and 20g post of fast digesting carbs and am in keto w/in an hour, all i can say is if you want more than those carbs intra-workout which is fine, have a good amount of glucose/sucrose pre-wko and that should prevent brain fog as well