mamaherrera will become famous soon enough. (+50) mamaherrera will become famous soon enough. (+50) mamaherrera will become famous soon enough. (+50) mamaherrera will become famous soon enough. (+50) mamaherrera will become famous soon enough. (+50) mamaherrera will become famous soon enough. (+50) mamaherrera will become famous soon enough. (+50) mamaherrera will become famous soon enough. (+50) mamaherrera will become famous soon enough. (+50) mamaherrera will become famous soon enough. (+50) mamaherrera will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Can someone give me an estimate on bf% please

I tried calipers but they're putting me at 31%. I don't know if I'm doing them right. Hoping for some estimates from you all. I"m upset that I could be 31% I"m 5'3 117 pounds. My waist is 27.5" and stomach 29 inches.
    Attached Images

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Unless you get a dexa scan, it won't be accurate. Regardless of calipers(if you did a single point test that may be why it's so high), or what we guess. The mirror will tell you if you'r lean//getting leaner, or building muscle, or any other changes.

That said, you look pretty lean, and your waist measurement is considered on the smaller side. You're definitely not 31%, so don't put any stock into that number.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100)
    You don't look anywhere near 31%. You may not have been using the calipers correctly.
    Use this link to calculate BF using waist measurement http://www.shapefit.com/calculators/...alculator.html
    My waist is 25.5 and weight is 105 and it told me I was 19.8% BF I get slightly less than that with my calipers.

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lherman View Post
    You don't look anywhere near 31%. You may not have been using the calipers correctly.
    Use this link to calculate BF using waist measurement http://www.shapefit.com/calculators/...alculator.html
    My waist is 25.5 and weight is 105 and it told me I was 19.8% BF I get slightly less than that with my calipers.
    Measuring tapes are more inaccurate, a measurement can't tell how much of that circumference is fat vs lbm. Not to say your number is wrong, I'd have no way of knowing, just that in general it's not the best method. Even the ones that use more than just your waist, all measurements would have the same issue.

Calipers can give you an idea of ups and down if you're consistent, but you should find a guide that shows you where exactly to pinch, and use a skinfold calculator that uses more than 1 point. If I do just my illiac measurement it says I'm almost 30%, if I use a three point test it's 21.5% Huge difference. Some of the ones with more points will require help though, as one is below your shoulder blade. Again, this will still be inaccurate, but give you an idea of trending up or down if you're consistent enough. I tend to measure each point a few times, and take an average.

lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100) lherman is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    Measuring tapes are more inaccurate, a measurement can't tell how much of that circumference is fat vs lbm. Not to say your number is wrong, I'd have no way of knowing, just that in general it's not the best method. Even the ones that use more than just your waist, all measurements would have the same issue.

Calipers can give you an idea of ups and down if you're consistent, but you should find a guide that shows you where exactly to pinch, and use a skinfold calculator that uses more than 1 point. If I do just my illiac measurement it says I'm almost 30%, if I use a three point test it's 21.5% Huge difference. Some of the ones with more points will require help though, as one is below your shoulder blade. Again, this will still be inaccurate, but give you an idea of trending up or down if you're consistent enough. I tend to measure each point a few times, and take an average.
    This same website also will calculate using your age and 3 point caliper measurements. This way it tells me my BF is 17%. When my former trainer at my gym had me using that hand held device it said I had 20% BF if he put in 35 as my age. When he put in my real age of 66 it said I had 27.7% BF. How can it possibly vary that much just because you are older? While its true that most older adults have a higher BF than younger ones, if an older person lifts and has maintained their muscle (or added to it as in my case) it should not be that much higher. You are right in stating that a Dexa scan is the only really accurate measurement. Unfortunately there aren't many places doing that kind of testing and it is costly. This has long been one of my pet peeves. I really cant get an accurate BF measurement.

Originally Posted by lherman View Post
    This same website also will calculate using your age and 3 point caliper measurements. This way it tells me my BF is 17%. When my former trainer at my gym had me using that hand held device it said I had 20% BF if he put in 35 as my age. When he put in my real age of 66 it said I had 27.7% BF. How can it possibly vary that much just because you are older? While its true that most older adults have a higher BF than younger ones, if an older person lifts and has maintained their muscle (or added to it as in my case) it should not be that much higher. You are right in stating that a Dexa scan is the only really accurate measurement. Unfortunately there aren't many places doing that kind of testing and it is costly. This has long been one of my pet peeves. I really cant get an accurate BF measurement.
    Yeah the handheld things can vary just by drinking a glass of water, same with scales that claim to measure it.

Like I said though, you can always see results in the mirror, number or not, you can see if you have the muscle you want, are as lean as you want, etc. Tracking it helps some people get an idea of how bulking, and cutting cycles are going, but in the end progress will show for itself.

Btw you look really great! The before and after you have is amazing, and I'd have never guessed you were 66.

Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    Yeah the handheld things can vary just by drinking a glass of water, same with scales that claim to measure it.

Like I said though, you can always see results in the mirror, number or not, you can see if you have the muscle you want, are as lean as you want, etc. Tracking it helps some people get an idea of how bulking, and cutting cycles are going, but in the end progress will show for itself.
    Btw you look really great! The before and after you have is amazing, and I'd have never guessed you were 66.
    You just made my day. Thanks Lunalifts

diddles1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diddles1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diddles1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diddles1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diddles1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diddles1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diddles1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diddles1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diddles1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diddles1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diddles1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Agree with Lunalifts , I think it's your age that's inaccurate!! No way are you 66! You look amazing!!

Red face

Originally Posted by diddles1971 View Post
    Agree with Lunalifts , I think it's your age that's inaccurate!! No way are you 66! You look amazing!!
    Thanks. I get this all the time. However my hands and the loose skin on my upper arms gives my age away. that is why I am working so hard to build muscle especially in my bi's and tri's. It's a long process. but I won't give up until I've reached my goals.