Thread: Lifting shoes

oddinary is on a distinguished road. (+10) oddinary is on a distinguished road. (+10) oddinary is on a distinguished road. (+10) oddinary is on a distinguished road. (+10) oddinary is on a distinguished road. (+10) oddinary is on a distinguished road. (+10) oddinary is on a distinguished road. (+10) oddinary is on a distinguished road. (+10) oddinary is on a distinguished road. (+10) oddinary is on a distinguished road. (+10) oddinary is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lifting shoes

Hi, I'm on the lookout for some shoes for weight training. I think I would like one of those "crossfitter type" shoes like Nike Metcon or Reebok Nano. I'm not interested in heeled lifting shoes or Chuck Taylors. The problem is, I have very narrow feet - do you know of a good alternative to the aforementioned crossfitter type shoes better suited to narrow feet? Thanks in advance.

chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you don't need or want raised heels, what difference does it make? Shoes are shoes. Wear what you already have, or wear nothing, or buy whatevers comfortable.

For squats i always wear squat shoes. For anything else that matters like deads or bench i take shoes off. For anything else i wear my slip on vans.
    My band: www.thesunexplodes.com

oddinary is on a distinguished road. (+10) oddinary is on a distinguished road. (+10) oddinary is on a distinguished road. (+10) oddinary is on a distinguished road. (+10) oddinary is on a distinguished road. (+10) oddinary is on a distinguished road. (+10) oddinary is on a distinguished road. (+10) oddinary is on a distinguished road. (+10) oddinary is on a distinguished road. (+10) oddinary is on a distinguished road. (+10) oddinary is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A lot of shoes are too bouncy.

chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So take em off. Or get any shoes that aren't bouncy.
    My band: www.thesunexplodes.com

Originally Posted by chamelious View Post
    So take em off. Or get any shoes that aren't bouncy.
    Yes. The last part is kind of what I'm asking for.

I really don't get many people's attitude here. If you think my request is stupid, feel free to skip it.

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by oddinary View Post
    Yes. The last part is kind of what I'm asking for.

I really don't get many people's attitude here. If you think my request is stupid, feel free to skip it.
    It's not an attitude, it's just a straightforward answer, which tends to come off as attitude since you can't detect tone over the internet.

That said, I get what you mean. A lot of shoes have memory foam or gel insoles, and some gyms don't allow you to go bare. If that's the case, it's just a matter of searching a lot, in stores so you can make sure they work. Don't bother with running shoes, they'll have some shock absorbing crap in them. Skate shoes tend to have flatter bottoms, and less of the aforementioned squishy crap. Plus over time the padding most regular shoes have will flatten out too.

If you don't like Chuck's because of the high ankles, I use a pair of vans that are made of the same material/same style, but don't have a high top, have some cushion around the collar, and aren't too cushioned. Vans Women's Atwood is the name, they have them at Dick's if you want to check them out in person, but if you wear anything above a size 8 you'll have to order online. Unless you have a Vans shop near you, that'd work to check them out too, not sure what sizes they carry.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I found the nanos were better for people with narrow feet. I love my nike metcons because I have wide feet. There are some complaints against the metcons that people feel like the toe box is too wide and there is "too much shoe," but I don't feel that way. My nanos are much more narrow.

VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not super familiar with those type of cross trainers, but I do know that Inov8 offers shoes with different last types, and their Precision fit shoes tend to fit a bit narrower. Best bet will be to try them on somewhere if you can. If you're anywhere near a Reebok outlet, most of them carry Nanos. Another thing is to look for a shoe that's available in a women's version. Women's standard width is B, and men's standard width is D. So even if you size the men's down 1.5 sizes, it'll still probably be wider (assuming the women's is made on its own last and it's just a small version of the men's).
    Olympus Labs Representative

Olympus Lyfestyle: https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/olympus-lyfestyle.html