Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking

Originally Posted by rush33 View Post
    I'm not even going to touch the Olympic lifts. I am not trained to teach them, a high learning curve as well as a large potential for injury.

There will obviously be some kids that struggle with some of the lifts. I will teach them how to perform assisted pullups. I am fortunate though to have all boys classes as well as a large number of athletes as well. I hope that by tracking their progress using this 5x5 or 4x6, they can carry over.

Another question would be, what would be a good exercise for someone who cannot complete 5 reps with just a 45 pound bar? Should I have them do pushups? Pushups from the knees? Use the 25 pound ez curl bar?
    use 10 pound dbs. itll help with stabilizers that are piss poor since they cant balance the bars, and ittl be lighter than the bbs and help stimulate sufficient roms.

thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500)
    in my high school weights class the coach used to spend the first 5 - 10 minutes just talking and teaching us about things. at first he would just teeach us about each of the main muscles and he did that basically every day until everyone could name and identify each muscle, didn't take too long. after that he just taught us a lot of general things about weight lifting and other stuff like what bmi is and how to find it, or what your maximum and target heart rates are and how to find those, and different things about heart disease and how cardio is important. that last one can get boring and sound like you're hearing a psa or something but the rest of the stuff i think was actually kind of important and im glad i learned it

Replicator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Replicator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Replicator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Replicator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Replicator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Replicator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Replicator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Replicator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Replicator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Replicator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Replicator is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    GREAT CALL on the A, B, C split. The weight room is rather large, but I do have 2 classes with upwards of 60 students. Awesome idea!

As far as required reading, I wish I could require it, but unless I can provide a copy for all of them, I can't do it. I certainly can't ask them all to purchase their own copy. I can make it a recommendation, and I will probably do so.

For the first couple of days, I was planning on putting together an instructional DVD that I can show them the proper form and key points to each lift as well as what muscle groups they are working. Then I was going to actually have them do the lifts with very small weight to work proper form and then go from there.

And for the curls, if they want to do curls AFTER they complete their workout, I'll have no problem with that. And to keep them on task, I will have talking/radio privilege. If they are not getting their work done, I will make them lift in silence, no talking, no radio. If they are doing a good job and staying on task, they can talk and have the radio.
    Starting Strength is aimed at you, the coach. It tells you how to teach the movements. Stop making excuses and buy it, unless you want all the kids picking up injuries from the sloppy form you allowed them to use.

lbleiweiss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbleiweiss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbleiweiss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbleiweiss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbleiweiss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbleiweiss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbleiweiss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbleiweiss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbleiweiss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbleiweiss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbleiweiss has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ahh your class is lucky to have a guy who knows what he's talking about to some degree.

When we were in our weight room for gym my teacher tried to tell me why it is better to have a spotter on each side of the bar for bench, rather than have one above ur head. The first kid who needed a spot in that class got me an A! haha
    His position just seems weird compared to everyone in the misc who is a ceo, has threesomes with solid 10s, can piitb of any girl he wants, is a sexual tyranosaur
    - MaximusMan

The smaller you set your goals the smaller you will achieve.
    - Kevin128

You can't tone. You can only gain muscle, lose muscle, gain fat or lose fat.
    - Adc123

The wolf on top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill.. but when he wants the food it's there
    - Arnold

DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    ill tell you what MY weight coach at my high school does, maybe that will help you.

we have weights every OTHER day, so its either 2, or 3 days per week.

each week, he changes the rep/set's. he does this 4 times, so that each month, we start over again, but hopefully higher weights.

heres the weeks:

3x3
    10-8-6 (those are the reps)
    5x5
    5-4-3-2-1 (reps)

so for example, in one week, we wud do monday: 3x3 squats and biceps, then wednesday, we wud do 3x3 chest and triceps, and friday 3x3 power cleans and shoulders

and then start over again next week, but with 10-8-6

:]
    On the first day, man created God. - Anonymous
    Canada is America's hat.

Bench: 235
    Squat: 275
    Deadlift: 335
    Power Clean: 200

Powerlift: 845

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106696351

bodybuilding pretty boy JoeyDaFool's Avatar
    JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000)
    lmfao@coaching a class yet can't manage to get a proper workout together without the help of bb.com.

do you at least know how to teach the lifts?
    "Where the mind goes, the body will follow" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you are teaching weight training to the high school kids, you might spend more time focusing on warmup sets, and only do one working set, to make things easier on them. I don't believe neccessarily that you need to coddle the kids when it comes to weights, but I think it would be good to minimize damage to them at such a young age. By the time they get to where they want to play football or some other sport, they can ramp things up as needed.

Just throwing that out there. Good to see you getting opinions here.
    --- Nick ---

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    GREAT CALL on the A, B, C split. The weight room is rather large, but I do have 2 classes with upwards of 60 students. Awesome idea!

As far as required reading, I wish I could require it, but unless I can provide a copy for all of them, I can't do it. I certainly can't ask them all to purchase their own copy. I can make it a recommendation, and I will probably do so.

For the first couple of days, I was planning on putting together an instructional DVD that I can show them the proper form and key points to each lift as well as what muscle groups they are working. Then I was going to actually have them do the lifts with very small weight to work proper form and then go from there.

And for the curls, if they want to do curls AFTER they complete their workout, I'll have no problem with that. And to keep them on task, I will have talking/radio privilege. If they are not getting their work done, I will make them lift in silence, no talking, no radio. If they are doing a good job and staying on task, they can talk and have the radio.
    You know why you should include curls in their routines? Because they want to do them. It's like throwing them a bone and including something fun that they want to do, and learn to enjoy the weightlifting process, instead of making it a drudgery full of only difficult and exhausting compound exercises. Tip your hat once as a nod to vanity, because that is a motivator just like improving sports performance is.
    Time To Re-Schedule

TallKyle13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TallKyle13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TallKyle13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TallKyle13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TallKyle13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TallKyle13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TallKyle13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TallKyle13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TallKyle13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TallKyle13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TallKyle13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Chris~ View Post
    To tell you the truth i can see alot of the kids being like "Lets do some db curls i wantz dem HYOOGE bicep"
    Damn this post made me laugh.

My advice on teaching this class: keep it simple or the kids won't take one thing away from it. I would stay away from doing any exercises that require super strict form which is often hard for beginners to get down (olympic lifts, squats, deadlifts, etc.)

Make it fun. Maybe do just some bodyweight workouts and a few of the basics and leave it at that.
    Last edited by TallKyle13; 08-31-2008 at 05:31 PM.

wlb06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wlb06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wlb06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wlb06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wlb06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wlb06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wlb06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wlb06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wlb06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wlb06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wlb06 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    come up with some handouts for them to read and tell them there will be a 20 question quiz on them or something...something like identify the exercise...and other simple questions...use diagrams from good sources like starting strength etc etc., then teach them slowly and carefully

rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by wlb06 View Post
    come up with some handouts for them to read and tell them there will be a 20 question quiz on them or something...something like identify the exercise...and other simple questions...use diagrams from good sources like starting strength etc etc., then teach them slowly and carefully
    For sure. I want to teach them the biggest core lifts so that when or if they choose to lift weights in the future, they already have a good solid core of knowledge and technique.

Changed my original 3 day split to look something more like this:

A Lift:
    Bench
    Squat
    Row

B Lift:
    Squat
    Incline
    Dead

C Lift:
    Military
    Rack Pulls
    Pullups

Then on Tuesday and Thursday, its a cardio/game type day and I will also show them other minor lifts.

Looking better?

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For sure. I want to teach them the biggest core lifts so that when or if they choose to lift weights in the future, they already have a good solid core of knowledge and technique.

A Lift:
    Bench
    Squat
    Row

B Lift:
    Squat
    Incline
    Dead

C Lift:
    Military
    Rack Pulls
    Pullups

Then on Tuesday and Thursday, its a cardio/game type day and I will also show them other minor lifts.

Looking better?
    Really due, bite the bullet and put 'em on SS if you are able to teach the lifts effectively.

Squats should come first as they are both more important, a better general warmup, and will give the lower back a break before rows.

I would stick to bench and OH, as incline doesn't serve much of an athletic purpose and also is another lift to teach.

High school kids don't need to be doing rack pulls, and certainly not the workout after they do deadlifts.

Seriously, your best bet is going to look something like this...

3x5 of sets across

Squat
    Bench
    Dead

alternated with

Squat
    OH press
    Pullups
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50)

A Lift:
    Bench
    Squat
    Row

B Lift:
    Squat
    Incline
    Dead

C Lift:
    Military
    Rack Pulls
    Pullups

Looking better?
    looks like a pretty good schedule to me, but i think you should put the pullups on B and the squats from B on C. Also, try to add some bench on C, rack pulls might not be necessary and it would be helpful to bench more than 1 time per week.
    You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass
    -Admiral Isoroku Yamamato

goals/current PR (all unequipped)
    375 squat/305x5, 335x1
    345lb Bench/335x1, 290x5, 275x8, 250x12
    475lb DL/415lbx2 435x1

anonymous
    Originally Posted by Kiknskreem View Post
    How is it overkill for novices who can make progression in that time-frame and do not yet have the ability to sap recovery capacity to the point where it is problematic?
    -------------
    OP, in what capacity are you operating? In all honesty if you are in a position where you are teaching barbell training to groups of young people in an official setting you should not be on the exercise section of bb.com asking a "which is the best program" thread.
    Dude... I understand why he's asking. Being a gym teacher in high school doesn't normally equate with being knowledgable in the world of bodybuilding. Maybe he's been "asked" to take that class and needs some advice.

bodybuilding pretty boy JoeyDaFool's Avatar
    JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000)
    rack pulls are completely pointless for athletes. just make them do curls, they want to do them anyways

and where's the ab/core work? LMFAO@ this routine
    "Where the mind goes, the body will follow" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JoeyDaFool View Post
    rack pulls are completely pointless for athletes. just make them do curls, they want to do them anyways

Zomg! We do core work at the end of the workout! Plus if you squat and deadlift right, you are getting a solid core workout.

Rack pulls are a great precursor to deadlifts as well. I may have some of the students who don't pick up on deadlift form very quickly do them to help develop strength as well as practice proper form. I started my gf off with rackpulls before I started having her do deadlifts.

HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    make all the students drink 1 gallon of milk a day, including the girls LOL

Originally Posted by HitItHard View Post
    make all the students drink 1 gallon of milk a day, including the girls LOL
    All boys class! Make them drink a gallon of milk and then run a mile in under 5 minutes!

AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    are you really asking? Stay as far away from free weights as you can.

The day one of your students gets a low back injury, is the day you regret ever starting this. And let me assure you, it will probably happen within a week.

entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JoeyDaFool View Post

squats and deads hit the abs hard, but i agree with rack pulls

Originally Posted by AHTTG View Post
    are you really asking? Stay as far away from free weights as you can.

The day one of your students gets a low back injury, is the day you regret ever starting this. And let me assure you, it will probably happen within a week.
    So you would rather have them learn on their own? Someone has to teach them. Someone taught you and me and anyone else here who lifts weights.

WildHockey is not very well liked. (-100) WildHockey is not very well liked. (-100) WildHockey is not very well liked. (-100) WildHockey is not very well liked. (-100) WildHockey is not very well liked. (-100) WildHockey is not very well liked. (-100) WildHockey is not very well liked. (-100) WildHockey is not very well liked. (-100) WildHockey is not very well liked. (-100) WildHockey is not very well liked. (-100) WildHockey is not very well liked. (-100)
    what my coach did for school was this

mon:
    legs

tues:
    chest tri

wed:
    back bi

thurs:
    legs

fri:
    chest tri
    24 years old
    21 inch arms
    First cut in progress (251 lbs -----> ??)

dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000)
    If it were me teaching, I would look at established, simple routines. I would look to Starting Strength for form and technique advice, The strongest shall survive for programming advice, and Bigger, faster, stronger for more updated, "modern" advice. I personally would not have high school students do deadlifts. You can move some big weight on deadlifts, you can't watch all the students at once, and the chance of injury is too great. I would probably set up a traditional Bill Starr ramping 5x5. Heavy, med, light days type of program. Maybe replace the med bench day with overhead presses. Replace one of the power clean days with chins. IE:

Monday, heavy:
    Squat 5x5
    Bench 5x5
    P/C 5x5

Wed, med:
    Squat/Front squat 5x5
    OHP 5x5
    Chins 3x max

Fri, light:
    Squat 5x5
    Bench 5x5
    P/C 5x5

I'd make it something simple like the above. Not alot of exercises, set and rep schemes, and so on to keep track of. You would have to teach them to do a decent power clean, but I think a bad power clean is still safer than a bad heavy deadlift. Good luck!

Timepants is just really nice. (+1000) Timepants is just really nice. (+1000) Timepants is just really nice. (+1000) Timepants is just really nice. (+1000) Timepants is just really nice. (+1000) Timepants is just really nice. (+1000) Timepants is just really nice. (+1000) Timepants is just really nice. (+1000) Timepants is just really nice. (+1000) Timepants is just really nice. (+1000) Timepants is just really nice. (+1000)
    We did the Bigger faster stronger program when I was in hs. Worked pretty damn well too.
    Xbox Gamertag: Jimmie Rust1er

Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I say you will have to sit back and see what excites the kids. Do the exercises that the kids want to do. As they get more experienced and curious they will want to explore more. Use your audience. You perform a bunch of variations of exercises, then let them say yay or nay. Build your program from that.

As far as rep ranges, you'll need to address each kid individually. Some want to be runners, some want to be football players, some want to be in better shape, some just want strong cardiovascular abilities, some won't want to be there etc. Take each individual and form their program to their goals. A lot of work? Yep, at the start, but it'll be worth it after you see the kids having fun and making improvements.

You have a very rewarding job. Give it the time and you could be a person these kids remember for life because you got them started down the right path early.

Originally Posted by Joe Go View Post
    I say you will have to sit back and see what excites the kids. Do the exercises that the kids want to do. As they get more experienced and curious they will want to explore more. Use your audience. You perform a bunch of variations of exercises, then let them say yay or nay. Build your program from that.

As far as rep ranges, you'll need to address each kid individually. Some want to be runners, some want to be football players, some want to be in better shape, some just want strong cardiovascular abilities, some won't want to be there etc. Take each individual and form their program to their goals. A lot of work? Yep, at the start, but it'll be worth it after you see the kids having fun and making improvements.

You have a very rewarding job. Give it the time and you could be a person these kids remember for life because you got them started down the right path early.
    This would be ideal, but neither myself or themselves have the time to really sit down and write up individualized programs. I am looking for a general program for Mon/Wed/Fri and then on Tues/Thurs I was hoping that I could show them a variety of other lifts.

My goal is the teach the students proper form and show them progress over the course of the 1st quarter (8 weeks). I'm sure they have a similar goal as far as progress, but each individuals goal will vary from there.

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This would be ideal, but neither myself or themselves have the time to really sit down and write up individualized programs. I am looking for a general program for Mon/Wed/Fri and then on Tues/Thurs I was hoping that I could show them a variety of other lifts.

My goal is the teach the students proper form and show them progress over the course of the 1st quarter (8 weeks). I'm sure they have a similar goal as far as progress, but each individuals goal will vary from there.
    It's too bad that it takes around 8 weeks to initially see any visual improvement. They may be disappointed
    Time To Re-Schedule

judokamatt is just really nice. (+1000) judokamatt is just really nice. (+1000) judokamatt is just really nice. (+1000) judokamatt is just really nice. (+1000) judokamatt is just really nice. (+1000) judokamatt is just really nice. (+1000) judokamatt is just really nice. (+1000) judokamatt is just really nice. (+1000) judokamatt is just really nice. (+1000) judokamatt is just really nice. (+1000) judokamatt is just really nice. (+1000)
    i know when i took wieght lifting in HS i had two coaches for 1 year and they both had radically different approaches, one was a you can do w/e you want, and the other was a firm believer in structured class time AKA HARD ****ING CORE CIRCUTS...........needless to say WE LOVED IT we did cuircut trainning 2 days a week cardio 2 days a week and one free lift day usually

mon-circut (chest, bis, tris)
    tue- cardio
    wen- free lift day
    thur- cardio
    fri- circut (legs, shoulders, back)

i made some decent gains on that program as well because i did a full body lift day usually 3x8 on wensday just tried to hit everything, that was back when i was just starting out though i had made much more progress since then and learned a ****load more but i enjoyed it and made progress without really haveing to know why.

just my 2 cents worth
    rep back 600+ (post in same thread as me please or i will not rep you back)

"i strive to improve strength, muscle is just a by product." <---7399martyn's 11-3-08

Originally Posted by Tyrbolift View Post
    It's too bad that it takes around 8 weeks to initially see any visual improvement. They may be disappointed
    Ya, unfortunately they switch units after 8 weeks. I also move to my 2nd student teaching placement as well. I just hope that I can maybe slightly change or influence the weight training class at my 1st placement after these next 8 weeks.

Replicator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Replicator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Replicator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Replicator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Replicator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Replicator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Replicator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Replicator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Replicator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Replicator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Replicator is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If they're eating enough, which they probably won't unless you drill it into their heads that they need a lot of calories, they'll put on 10lbs+ in 8 weeks.