realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Low rack for partial deadlifts and rack pulls?

I work out at home and due to lack of space and working out alone (no spotter) I have a good set of dumbbells but no barbell or rack.

I still try and do a good set of compound movements such as squats, presses and deadlifts, all adapated for dumbbells. Most of these are no issue, but the biggest issue I have is with deadlifts. Because of the compact dumbbell form, I think my fists have to be a lot closer to the ground (6") for the dumbbells to touch the ground, compared to a typical barbell with plates on, and I haven't got enough mobility to get in a comfortable position for lifting. At the moment I've been doing rack pulls, sumos and negatives where I'm going all the way to the ground, but I'd like do "true" deadlifts.

I think I need a lowish rack or bench (low-to-mid shin height) to do deadlifts (or very low rack pulls if you prefer to look at it that way) from. I've been struggling to find anything because I don't know what search term to use. I just need a very low flat bench perhaps 6-8" tall that I can lift dumbbells from.

Does anyone know of such a thing please?

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    you could just buy a barbell and olympic weights? then you can all the pulling you want. (you can get blocks for rack pulls/partial ROM)

you could then add a power rack for squatting safely.
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Olympic plates and a hex/trap bar. It'll allow you to do hex bar deadlifts, which are kind of a deadlifts/squat hybrid.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    A barbell and plates would store pretty well in a corner and still give you the weight you need to do your DL's. Then you could also mix it up with some cleans/front squats, split squats, etc., etc., etc. that don't require a rack.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #15 ||---||

realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the replies all but none of these really answer my question. I honestly don't have room for a bar/hexbar and plates, my workout room is very small (third bedroom) and is also on the first floor so has plenty of weight in it from dumbbells and bench etc, I really can't put any more weight or equipment in there at all without tripping over things and risking things punching through ceiling into room below!

What are the blocks you mention for rack pulls, can you post a link to an example please?

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This will easily support a dumbbell:

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why not just build a couple of risers out of wood? You can build them to whatever height, width, length you want them to be.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    This will easily support a dumbbell:
    Awesome idea. Cheap, designed to hold lots of weight, the right height. Two ordered for $9.99 inc shipping. WINNING. Thank you