Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Should I squat and deadlift?

I have had lower back issues since highschool (slight scoliosis and sciatica)and this is really affecting my ability to do decent weights with squats and deadlifts, if I can even do them at all because of back pain. Has anyone had similar experiences with these exercises. Should I even continue them at all? Are there other exercises that I could do (keeping in mind that I have a home gym without the expensive leg press machines)? I'd really love to hear some feedback. Thanks
    Team General Mills

nadalbg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My advice is not to continue with them because you will hurt your back seriously.
    Or just do them with less weight.
    http://www.betting-forum.com/
    http://www.bettingwise.com/
    http://affiliateontop.com/

-SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well, I've always had some back problems associated to football injuries or multiple four-wheeler accidents (slipped discs, etc.) that's delayed my progression, so I know what you're going through to an extent. I could give you some rehab exercises or something of the like, however...I don't have any personal experience with scoliosis or sciaitica. So...I'll ask:

Have you ever had any sort of treatment for either of them?

Were they caused by an adolescent injury...such as a herniated disc?
    "Courage without a conscience is a wild beast."-Robert G. Ingersoll

juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try some BW Squats, Lunges, or DB squats/lunges
    American Council on Exercise - Certified Personal Trainer

Smolov Journey COMPLETE!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120831441
    2458, 3423, 4891

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by J_Howard View Post
    Well, I've always had some back problems associated to football injuries or multiple four-wheeler accidents (slipped discs, etc.) that's delayed my progression, so I know what you're going through to an extent. I could give you some rehab exercises or something of the like, however...I don't have any personal experience with scoliosis or sciaitica. So...I'll ask:

Have you ever had any sort of treatment for either of them?

Were they caused by an adolescent injury...such as a herniated disc?
    I have never had a serious injury, no herniated disks, but from my countless visits to chiropractors and physiotherapists, I seem to be misaligned. It's been a persistent problem for me and I seem to be constantly going from periods of relief to all out pain. I'm just trying to get some feedback / advice from people in similar circumstances.

I appreciate all comments. Thanks
    Team General Mills

Hoomgar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hoomgar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hoomgar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hoomgar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hoomgar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hoomgar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hoomgar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hoomgar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hoomgar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hoomgar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hoomgar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I herniated all 3 of my lowest lumbar disks at the same time in a work related accident when I was 23. Over the years/decades I had a history of back related troubles and many many injuries. When I started lifting a year ago the though of dead lifting was out as was any kind of heavy squating.

Today I still face challanges but I do squat and I do dead lift although currently I am on break from both because of... you guessed it, an injury. Not a back injury though.

Anyway I guess I am saying that you have to feel it out for yourself. You can always go lighter weight and even high reps. I mix it up all ways I can and I have increased both lifts over the last year for sure.

I will say this, my low back is way stronger now than it has ever been before.

Hope you find your groove man.

Hg
    Universal Nutrition Rep

www.universalnutrition.com
    www.universalusa.com
    www.animalpak.com

Pro & Oats: Real. Bodybuilding. Food.
    http://www.universalnutrition.com/features/ProOats.cfm

Hg

Stteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stteven will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation

Go see a doctor, he'll be able to tell you or send you to someone who can tell you if your good to go or not.

Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Vytis View Post
    I have never had a serious injury, no herniated disks, but from my countless visits to chiropractors and physiotherapists, I seem to be misaligned. It's been a persistent problem for me and I seem to be constantly going from periods of relief to all out pain. I'm just trying to get some feedback / advice from people in similar circumstances.

I had surgery for two herniated discs about 9 years ago. The surgery took away the excruciating pain and the sciatica, but I still had back problems and from time to time had to get shots in the back to ease the inflammation. I too was afraid to do Squats, Deadlifts, Good Mornings because of this. I started out with low weights and gradually built up. I especially started to ramp up the weight on deadlifts a few months ago. My back has never felt better or stronger as it does now. I would say clear it with your Doctor first, and start with low waits and build up, using strict form. Good Luck.

Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Vytis View Post

I had surgery for two herniated discs about 9 years ago. The surgery took away the excruciating pain and the sciatica, but I still had back problems and from time to time had to get shots in the back to ease the inflammation. I too was afraid to do Squats, Deadlifts, Good Mornings because of this. I started out with low weights and gradually built up. I especially started to ramp up the weight on deadlifts a few months ago. My back has never felt better or stronger as it does now. I would say clear it with your Doctor first, and start with low weights and build up, using strict form. Good Luck.

DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    i would get rid of deadlift alltogether so that you can rest enough each week for squats, which are very important for your whole body
    On the first day, man created God. - Anonymous
    Canada is America's hat.

Bench: 235
    Squat: 275
    Deadlift: 335
    Power Clean: 200

Powerlift: 845

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106696351

bodybuilding pretty boy JoeyDaFool's Avatar
    JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000)
    see a sports doc or chiropractor in sports. in the meantime, do hyperextensions with weights instead of deadlifts and do high reps low weight with squats.
    "Where the mind goes, the body will follow" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

morrsiway will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrsiway will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrsiway will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrsiway will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrsiway will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrsiway will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrsiway will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrsiway will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrsiway will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrsiway will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrsiway will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    stay away of deads...i should have...

stay away.

do cable rows and hypers..

hacks or leg press before squats...
    forget the mind set go alternativ and save yourself
    Personal Trainer & MMA Instructor from Europe with over 20 years of experience

plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000)
    try rack pulls.... basically a partial deadlift. Tried them today w/ the smithmachine. I stopped about 6 " from the bottom and then back up
    currently cutting..... again!!

"most people have absolutely no idea what they're capable of" --me

n2lifting is not very helpful. (-500) n2lifting is not very helpful. (-500) n2lifting is not very helpful. (-500) n2lifting is not very helpful. (-500) n2lifting is not very helpful. (-500) n2lifting is not very helpful. (-500) n2lifting is not very helpful. (-500) n2lifting is not very helpful. (-500) n2lifting is not very helpful. (-500) n2lifting is not very helpful. (-500) n2lifting is not very helpful. (-500)
    Nike