Dr C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Choice of Leg Press/Hack Squat machines

I am looking for a Leg Press/Hack Squat Machine, and am willing to pay up to £1100. I am living in the UK so my choices aren't as diverse as the USA. My choices are:

Parabody £1095
    http://www.homefitnessdirect.co.uk/p...y%20Hip%20Sled

Body Solid £664
    http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/...D5_100572.html

Body Craft £999
    http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...koo&wcw=Kelkoo

Has anyone ever had the opportunity to try all or any of these? Is the machine you tried or owned strong and durable, quiet and smooth, good value for money? I won't be able to test any of these before purchasing so your opinion is appreciated.

Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I tried the bodycraft and the body solid and the bodycraft is way better the the bodysolid.I haven't tried the parabody but from looking at it n the specs i would aslo say the bodycraft is better then it also.

I will be getting the bodycraft when i have the extra funds (Spent too much already on equipment) in the summer.

Do a search under my name ( I research the f660 BC already )and you can find it cheaper then the link u posted.

Goodluck whatever u choose

Blue
    Originally Posted by Dr C View Post
    I am looking for a Leg Press/Hack Squat Machine, and am willing to pay up to £1100. I am living in the UK so my choices aren't as diverse as the USA. My choices are:

Parabody £1095
    http://www.homefitnessdirect.co.uk/p...y%20Hip%20Sled

Body Solid £664
    http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/...D5_100572.html

Body Craft £999
    http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...koo&wcw=Kelkoo

Has anyone ever had the opportunity to try all or any of these? Is the machine you tried or owned strong and durable, quiet and smooth, good value for money? I won't be able to test any of these before purchasing so your opinion is appreciated.

Dr C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bluerain View Post
    I tried the bodycraft and the body solid and the bodycraft is way better the the bodysolid.I haven't tried the parabody but from looking at it n the specs i would aslo say the bodycraft is better then it also.

I will be getting the bodycraft when i have the extra funds (Spent too much already on equipment) in the summer.

Do a search under my name ( I research the f660 BC already )and you can find it cheaper then the link u posted.

Goodluck whatever u choose

Blue
    Thanks for the info Bluerain. I have been looking and the cheapest I have seen the BodyCraft Hip Sled is £997, just £2 less than I mentioned before, but if you have seen a UK price cheaper, let me know.
    What was the BodyCraft like when you tried it? Was it smooth and quiet? Does it appear to be very well built? I am looking for one that will last a long time and that I don't have to sell on EBay after having it just a few months!
    It seem to have a number of features I have not seen in others at the similar price range, such as Linear bearings, the ability to do Donkey Squats with the weight on the lumbar, plus a calf raise block as you can see from the manual:
    http://www.bodycraft.com/pdfs/assemb...eight/F660.pdf

Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It was very smooth n quiet and the cushings were great !! It's well made plus it's not as wide as some if room is a problem and the BS seemed too narrowed if I remember correctly.

The bodycraft has a lifetime in home warranty. I don't remember what BS has.

And the Linear bearings of course and adjustable angled foot plate which allot don't have and adjustable shoulder pads for different heights.

Look at the base of the BC n BS ..you will see the BC is much better . Also look at the steel that holds the back in place...the BC is much better when doing hacks..more sturdy!

Blue
    Last edited by Bluerain; 01-18-2007 at 06:23 PM.

slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have the Bodysolid and it is a very good machine. Granted the others may be better I haven't tried any of them. The shoulder pads are not adjustable like the Bodycraft but I haven't needed them to be. The foot plate/back pad is adj. If you have a store close by, I would go try them all out. I bought mine used for about half price and have seen another used sell for around half. Around half price seems to be the going rate for used large gym equipment in the states so keep your eyes open and check E-Bay when you are ready to buy.

Originally Posted by slackdaddy View Post
    I have the Bodysolid and it is a very good machine. Granted the others may be better I haven't tried any of them. The shoulder pads are not adjustable like the Bodycraft but I haven't needed them to be. The foot plate/back pad is adj. If you have a store close by, I would go try them all out. I bought mine used for about half price and have seen another used sell for around half. Around half price seems to be the going rate for used large gym equipment in the states so keep your eyes open and check E-Bay when you are ready to buy.
    Hi

Yes the bodysolid is a nice piece of equipment and you getting it at half price is great !!!

Yes..getting it used is worth it as there really isn't much wear and tear on sleds..you did great !

I wish i could get the BC at half price and I don't ever buy used stuff but for this i would.

Enjoy

Blue

makiphile is on a distinguished road. (+10) makiphile is on a distinguished road. (+10) makiphile is on a distinguished road. (+10) makiphile is on a distinguished road. (+10) makiphile is on a distinguished road. (+10) makiphile is on a distinguished road. (+10) makiphile is on a distinguished road. (+10) makiphile is on a distinguished road. (+10) makiphile is on a distinguished road. (+10) makiphile is on a distinguished road. (+10) makiphile is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have the Parabody model and I do not have any problems with it. It serves my purposes. In recent weeks, I have noticed that the lower "foot plate thingy" wobbles a little bit when I use a wide stance with heavy weight (relative of course - for me 270-360 pounds) for my hack squats. I have not actually gotten my dead ass on the ground to inspect the source of the problem....but I will do so and report back. I am hoping it is just some loose bolts and not a loose weld!

Otherwise, the motion is very smooth and exactly what I wanted. Oh wait, I don't know if it is unique to my model of if they are all like this, but it is extremely difficult to do "front hack squats". I either smash my knees, thighs or chins....so I quit doing them....there is just not enough space to perform the excercise.
    Attached Images

smithski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smithski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smithski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smithski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smithski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smithski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smithski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by makiphile View Post
    In recent weeks, I have noticed that the lower "foot plate thingy" wobbles a little bit when I use a wide stance with heavy weight (relative of course - for me 270-360 pounds) for my hack squats. I have not actually gotten my dead ass on the ground to inspect the source of the problem....but I will do so and report back. I am hoping it is just some loose bolts and not a loose weld!
    I think the wobbling is probably just part of the design of the unit. Your Body Solid LPHS has a single center-mounted support piece to hold up the back/foot plate, and the simple physics of putting the weight-carrying pressure points on the outside extremeties of the foot plate cause the wobble.

I have a Keys LPHS, and it does the same thing when I'm setting my feet. Not terrible, but just a little more side-to-side action than I would like.

Patrick56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just bought a "Bodysmith by Parabody Inc"(that's what is says on the tubing), squat rack/leg press machine. Can you tell me where to get papers to put this thing together?
    Patrick56