Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000)

has anyone beaten anxiety / panic attacks ?

I mean anxiety to the point where you dont want to go out anymore because it's so bad and there are a whole host of physical symptoms that make having fun impossible.... as well as the occasional panic attack.

Not the kind of anxiety where you can just "man up"

If so how did you beat it?

carnivore74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carnivore74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carnivore74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carnivore74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carnivore74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carnivore74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carnivore74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carnivore74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carnivore74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carnivore74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carnivore74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by riprock View Post
    I mean anxiety to the point where you dont want to go out anymore because it's so bad and there are a whole host of physical symptoms that make having fun impossible.... as well as the occasional panic attack.

Prozac.

dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000) dash_riprock is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by carnivore74 View Post
    Prozac.
    well you're not really beating them that way... you're just masking them until the drug stops working and you're forced to come off them and deal with mass anxiety as well as withdrawal

Wulfric is not very well liked. (-100) Wulfric is not very well liked. (-100) Wulfric is not very well liked. (-100) Wulfric is not very well liked. (-100) Wulfric is not very well liked. (-100) Wulfric is not very well liked. (-100) Wulfric is not very well liked. (-100) Wulfric is not very well liked. (-100) Wulfric is not very well liked. (-100) Wulfric is not very well liked. (-100) Wulfric is not very well liked. (-100)

I actually have.

Mine were caused, I think, by stimulants like caffeine and ephedrine and yohimbine and stuff. Mostly the kinds of things you find in preworkout supplements.

Great for a boost, but it increases norepinephrine levels and can cause panic attacks.

Do you use stimulants of any kind?

I would also recommend you try fish oil.

7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    drop the stims and take rhosodila rosea (sp) good stuff for calming down.

meditatation really helps but i never do it long enough
    "Nothing is more painful to the human mind than, after the feelings have been worked up by a quick succession of events, the dead calmness of inaction and certainity which follows and deprives the soul both of hope and fear." - Mary Shelly

"Self-pity is easily the most destructive of the nonpharmaceutical narcotics; it is addictive, gives momentary pleasure and separates the victim from reality." - John W. Gardner

effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ive dealth with alot of people who suffer from panic attacks at work.

They all say great things about this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Anxiety-Phobia...9868023&sr=8-1

It's not all fruity like alot of self help books. It's some serious advice from well respected physicians. If you cant beat it yourself with the book, i suggest seeing a therapist who's familar with the book. Good luck bro.

2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000)
    put a serious title on this thread

yes Ive had 3 before

its hard to beat, it really is, its all in your mind

basically (if you want I can tell you the stories of them all) I just said to myself "whats the worst that can happen?" and then just go from there, think it through and eventually youll realize its no big deal

it depends on what causes your anxiety as well. I would get really hot, almost as if I was sweating, but feel cold at the same time. my heart would beat very fast and very hard, and it felt as though my head was separated from my body. eventually it would subside but you have to be able to control them

the key for me: dont avoid situations that make you anxious, sit through them and prove to yourself nothing is going to happen. then again everyones anxiety is caused by different sources
    $

"No fck that, I'm not gonna miss any reps. I'll die before i miss a rep." - dynamik, #1

username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Wulfric View Post
    I actually have.

Mine were caused, I think, by stimulants like caffeine and ephedrine and yohimbine and stuff. Mostly the kinds of things you find in preworkout supplements.

Great for a boost, but it increases norepinephrine levels and can cause panic attacks.

Do you use stimulants of any kind?

I would also recommend you try fish oil.
    Why fish oil?
    I ALWAYS REP BACK!

Bulking to 200

Goals for next year:

Deads: 405 (currently: 237 x 5x1)
    Squat: 315 (currently: 242 x 5x3)
    Bench: 225 (currently: 154 x 5x3)

Start: all below 100

joush is not very helpful. (-500) joush is not very helpful. (-500) joush is not very helpful. (-500) joush is not very helpful. (-500) joush is not very helpful. (-500) joush is not very helpful. (-500) joush is not very helpful. (-500) joush is not very helpful. (-500) joush is not very helpful. (-500) joush is not very helpful. (-500) joush is not very helpful. (-500)
    Yes, almost a year and a half ago it started to affect me, it was horrible, i didnt want to go out or do anything, just lie on the couch, i went to the doctors and he basicly told me to get over it, alot of people will tell you that because they dont understand how your feeling, i guess one day my will power just took over and it didnt bother me for almost a year, recently it's been playing up tho.

CanadaOwnage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanadaOwnage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanadaOwnage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanadaOwnage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanadaOwnage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanadaOwnage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanadaOwnage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanadaOwnage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanadaOwnage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanadaOwnage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanadaOwnage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I get panic attacks sometimes. I've stopped going to see movies that are just released now because I get severe ones if there is a big crowd around me. Panic attacks ****ing suck.

long story short

Mine was brought on by excessive drug use (mostly ecstasy), but combined with tons of drinking and weed smoking...

anyways, after the first panic attack (~a year ago) i haven't been the same.

Main problem is that i just cant stop obsessing over the ****... i cant stop googling every symptom i feel

I've cutout drinking and all other stimulants and have a very healthy diet and am fairly active

Things have gotten worse over summer cause i've just been doing nothing and keep finding excuses to not chill with friends / girls because i think this anxiety will bite me in the ass....

it just seems hard for me to believe that i could go back to my old hardcore perfectly normal self..... all the literature on the internet regarding anxiety claims that if you change your thinking process your CNS will heal itself and you wont be so hyper sensitive..

ughh, i will get through this eventually it just really sucks right now

2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CanadaOwnage View Post
    I get panic attacks sometimes. I've stopped going to see movies that are just released now because I get severe ones if there is a big crowd around me. Panic attacks ****ing suck.
    mine was with crowds as well!!!!

only crowds in silence, like exam situations, I would always think I was going to get sick. I even missed a class because of it. after that I said enough is enough and said no matter what I wasnt missing any class or anything.

I always sit on the outside of a row in a lecture hall, I hate being cramped in between people. I cant focus
    $

"No fck that, I'm not gonna miss any reps. I'll die before i miss a rep." - dynamik, #1

Originally Posted by joush View Post
    Yes, almost a year and a half ago it started to affect me, it was horrible, i didnt want to go out or do anything, just lie on the couch, i went to the doctors and he basicly told me to get over it, alot of people will tell you that because they dont understand how your feeling, i guess one day my will power just took over and it didnt bother me for almost a year, recently it's been playing up tho.
    Yeah i find that as soon as i get cleared from the docotor ( negative blood / heart tests) i feel better again.

Its a fuking stupid stupid mind disease that makes no sense at all... It's like just because i realized one day that my body could go into this panic attack state i'm scared to just be alone with my own thoughts and i cant stop OBSESSING

anyone have any tips to get over these ?

Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Anger. Now I just beat my girlfriend every time I feel like Im gonna have a panic attack.

Srsly though, get off all drugs/stimulants. Anger does help to but, let it get out of control and you have a whole new problem. I gotta friend that HAS to be on medication to control his anxiety/panic attacks. Some people are just prone to it.
    "Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."

joush is not very helpful. (-500) joush is not very helpful. (-500) joush is not very helpful. (-500) joush is not very helpful. (-500) joush is not very helpful. (-500) joush is not very helpful. (-500) joush is not very helpful. (-500) joush is not very helpful. (-500) joush is not very helpful. (-500) joush is not very helpful. (-500) joush is not very helpful. (-500)
    long story short

Mine was brought on by excessive drug use (mostly ecstasy), but combined with tons of drinking and weed smoking...

anyways, after the first panic attack (~a year ago) i haven't been the same.

Main problem is that i just cant stop obsessing over the ****... i cant stop googling every symptom i feel

I've cutout drinking and all other stimulants and have a very healthy diet and am fairly active

Things have gotten worse over summer cause i've just been doing nothing and keep finding excuses to not chill with friends / girls because i think this anxiety will bite me in the ass....

it just seems hard for me to believe that i could go back to my old hardcore perfectly normal self..... all the literature on the internet regarding anxiety claims that if you change your thinking process your CNS will heal itself and you wont be so hyper sensitive..

ughh, i will get through this eventually it just really sucks right now

Sounds like slight hyperchondria, thats what effects me, the second i get a pain in my chest im like "OH NO IM HAVING A HEART ATTACK" silly i know, i got an ecg scan and it came up fine so it's one less thing to worry about now.

Originally Posted by 2 HUGE View Post
    mine was with crowds as well!!!!

only crowds in silence, like exam situations, I would always think I was going to get sick. I even missed a class because of it. after that I said enough is enough and said no matter what I wasnt missing any class or anything.

I always sit on the outside of a row in a lecture hall, I hate being cramped in between people. I cant focus
    Yeah writing exams with anxiety is absolutely ridiculous.... I always rush through them casue i feel like my head is going to explode from all the strange sensations i get

Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ive had anxiety attacks since about 1997 when i had my first run in with Ephedra, Yohimbe and alot of coffee. Mine seem to be directly related to stimulants and heat. I completly avoid stimulants before flying, church, long ceremonies and so on. I had the worst attack of my life on a plane.. Nothing sucks worse than having an attack while taking off and not being able to get up and move around.
    Bench press 375x1
    Squat 480x1
    Deadlift 460x1 with straps

Currently Lean Bulking

anyone have any tips to get over these ?
    find what makes you anxious

conquer it by going in those situations. it will prove to you NOTHING is wrong

it worked for me brah. I had it pretty bad, one time I got a bit sick in class and thats when it all began...
    $

STI Guru & Overanalyzer hypnotic's Avatar
    hypnotic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hypnotic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hypnotic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hypnotic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hypnotic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hypnotic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hypnotic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hypnotic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hypnotic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hypnotic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hypnotic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I only get it when I need to express myself in front of people. usually goes away after 2 min tho.
    SURVIVOR: BLACK THURSDAY 9/8/05
    The Great Bodybuilding.com MISC Board Massacre

Previous LG M1T Logs

Originally Posted by Cougar10033 View Post
    Ive had anxiety attacks since about 1997 when i had my first run in with Ephedra, Yohimbe and alot of coffee. Mine seem to be directly related to stimulants and heat. I completly avoid stimulants before flying, church, long ceremonies and so on. I had the worst attack of my life on a plane.. Nothing sucks worse than having an attack while taking off and not being able to get up and move around.
    Yeah i'm deathly afraid of flying now and used to fly all the time... However i just went on vacation recently on a long ass road trip and most of my symptoms seemed to subside...

I carry ***** with me at all times too but i've never even once taken it because i feel it's counter-productive to becoming healthy

RussellsMuscles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RussellsMuscles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RussellsMuscles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RussellsMuscles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RussellsMuscles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RussellsMuscles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yeah writing exams with anxiety is absolutely ridiculous.... I always rush through them casue i feel like my head is going to explode from all the strange sensations i get
    seems OCDish, you gotta keep ur mind occupied somehow, the key is to go outside of ur comfort zone as much as possible.

Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    2 Huge, I do the same thing you do. When I was in college I always got to my class a half hour early to get an end seat in the back row.
    Bench press 375x1
    Squat 480x1

Currently Lean Bulking

thonez is on a distinguished road. (+10) thonez is on a distinguished road. (+10) thonez is on a distinguished road. (+10) thonez is on a distinguished road. (+10) thonez is on a distinguished road. (+10) thonez is on a distinguished road. (+10) thonez is on a distinguished road. (+10) thonez is on a distinguished road. (+10) thonez is on a distinguished road. (+10) thonez is on a distinguished road. (+10) thonez is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i did

I decided to just stop being a pussy (serious, no hate)

TMckinlay is just really nice. (+1000) TMckinlay is just really nice. (+1000) TMckinlay is just really nice. (+1000) TMckinlay is just really nice. (+1000) TMckinlay is just really nice. (+1000) TMckinlay is just really nice. (+1000) TMckinlay is just really nice. (+1000) TMckinlay is just really nice. (+1000) TMckinlay is just really nice. (+1000) TMckinlay is just really nice. (+1000) TMckinlay is just really nice. (+1000)
    ive had it since i was like 15-16...

also, brought on by drugs (*******, ecstacy, acid, shrooms, lots of weed and booze) i dno i think its all in your head, but its so hard to change because you already know all this **** you didnt know before and you gotta like forget about it its fu cked...

i dno, it sucks ass, and it doesnt seem like its ever gonna go away...

supersexystud is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersexystud is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersexystud is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersexystud is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersexystud is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersexystud is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersexystud is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersexystud is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersexystud is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersexystud is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersexystud is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I had one yesterday....

I am under sooo much stress right now. I have no idea if i'm going back to jail or not. I know I'm going to lose all my money, I may not get to go hunting this year....

I got so dizzy, sweating, nausia, heart pounding, breathing hard.... I just had a friend come over and talk it out with me and she helped a lot. I don't know what to tell ya. Just gotta do what makes u comfortable.
    **REPS TO ALL MY PUPILS WHO LEVEL UP TO LEVEL 2+"

http://supersexystud.mybrute.com/cellule

Reps on spot: Manlaw, Cementpizza, donttreadonme, sunlessea, tristan trouble, and fans of the band tool :)

it worked for me brah. I had it pretty bad, one time I got a bit sick in class and thats when it all began...
    Yeah i try too man... i used to binge drink and go out with friends like 3 times a week, but now when i go out im just constantly fighting off these fukd thoughts and head symptoms i get.... making the whole situation lame, so i just go home.

seems almost as if cutting out drinking / pot made my situation worse, but now if i try to drink the pressure on my head is just unbearable from the anxiety

so messed up.

Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Btw, doing the opposite of this creates phobias.
    "Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."

Riprock I have never taken meds. I just keep trying to focus while the attack is going on that even though it feels like my heart will explode.. it wont and everything going on is being created through the thought pattern going on in my mind.
    Bench press 375x1
    Squat 480x1

Currently Lean Bulking

SkinnyWR009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyWR009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyWR009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyWR009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyWR009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyWR009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyWR009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyWR009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyWR009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyWR009 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyWR009 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ***** and hypnosis

supersexystud is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersexystud is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersexystud is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersexystud is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersexystud is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersexystud is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersexystud is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersexystud is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersexystud is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersexystud is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supersexystud is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah i try too man... i used to binge drink and go out with friends like 3 times a week, but now when i go out im just constantly fighting off these fukd thoughts and head symptoms i get.... making the whole situation lame, so i just go home.

seems almost as if cutting out drinking / pot made my situation worse, but now if i try to drink the pressure on my head is just unbearable from the anxiety

so messed up.
    Ya, you may thing alcohol would help but I think if u drink too much it just worsens the problem. Hopefully my new attempt at sobriety will help me feel better mentally, physically, and keep me out of jail FOREVER!
    **REPS TO ALL MY PUPILS WHO LEVEL UP TO LEVEL 2+"

http://supersexystud.mybrute.com/cellule

Reps on spot: Manlaw, Cementpizza, donttreadonme, sunlessea, tristan trouble, and fans of the band tool :)