GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Classic at the gym today....

I have often read the "guy at my gym" stories on here but today me and my buddy witnessed perhaps the most bizarre example of self ego stroking I have ever seen in a gym.

A guy today PUT THE WHOLE gyms worth of weight on the leg press ?(over 750kg in plates, its a small gym, THEN a barbell on front of the rack also wtf), wrapped his knees then did one whole set of glorified ankle extensions. It took him about ten minutes to set up, the thing was even cordinated so each plate colour matches the one on the opposite side, like some giant shrine to OCD. We were expecting him try and fit dumbells in the nooks and crannies on the thing, there was not a single plate left.

Unbelivable, I've seen people do that before but him and his partner were literally ferreting around the gym for any plates they may have "missed". In the end the only ones free were the ones were were squatting with, which was about 1/5 the weight but about ten times the effect.

Of course it goes without saying he doesn't squat, neither does anyone else there.
    Last edited by GGHT; 08-27-2008 at 08:27 AM.

aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Leg press is a joke people think there all alpha when they use them, I could leg press 775 but barely squat a 225 last time I used one.
    Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think.

freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There's a stocky short guy in my gym that regularly does 750lbs leg presses with not too bad ROM, but goes to squat and struggles to half-ROM 225lbs.

There's also a bodybuilder dude who regular half-squats and leg presses while wearing ONE knee wrap. Not a sleeve, a wrap. I wonder if it throws him off.
    APT Sponsored Strongman

mcfadden47 is just really nice. (+1000) mcfadden47 is just really nice. (+1000) mcfadden47 is just really nice. (+1000) mcfadden47 is just really nice. (+1000) mcfadden47 is just really nice. (+1000) mcfadden47 is just really nice. (+1000) mcfadden47 is just really nice. (+1000) mcfadden47 is just really nice. (+1000) mcfadden47 is just really nice. (+1000) mcfadden47 is just really nice. (+1000) mcfadden47 is just really nice. (+1000)
    lmfao I love those guys. Theres one at my gym, and oddly, people actually do look up to him!(I wouldn't think they would, considering its a serious, PL/Oly/Strongman gym)

He tells onlookers, and even those who go out of their way to ignore him, that he's been training for "about 4 months"...despite the fact that any veteran of the gym will tell you he's been lifting there for at least 2 or 3 years. He also makes a point of saying he is "not on anything, not even protein!" Even though he did, and probably still does, take a variety of steroids.

All of this is done with TERRIBLE form, and weight that is ridiculously heavy, to the point that he'll fail on the 2nd rep of the first set in his workout, and then act SHOCKED, speaking loudly(while pretending to be trying to whisper) saying "never failed before, I don't understand"

I don't care who you are, but if you do squats which range from 1/4 depth to slightly above parallel, and spend 60% of the lift bent over at a 90 degree angle...you need to learn some humility, lower the weight, and practice your form.

*edit: I forgot to mention he's probably the epitome of the "gym screamer" stereotype. he yells(no exageration, you can hear him across the street if the radio is off) PUSH IT! CRUSH IT! GOTTA ****IN DESTROY THAT ****! YOUR MINE! or something similar on every rep of every set, including warm-ups, on every excercise he does.
    Last edited by mcfadden47; 08-26-2008 at 09:18 PM.
    Current bests
    S:470
    B:265X10
    D:360X12
    P:230 Starting to run 531, leaving my ego at the door is tough but doing my best :D

Also cutting down BW,
    SW:301
    CW:288
    GW:Not established, probably 250-275 over time.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134397321

GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mcfadden47 View Post
    lmfao I love those guys. Theres one at my gym, and oddly, people actually do look up to him!(I wouldn't think they would, considering its a serious, PL/Oly/Strongman gym)
    Yeah even though the gym is pretty Misc. this was a nice MILF staring in awe and a couple of others me and my buddy just couldnt believe it, the hassle "making" the damn thing for one set. He literally went 5" if that. He does a lot of weird ****, after he finished he did lying hamstring curls with a dumbell held between his legs.

*edit: I forgot to mention he's probably the epitome of the "gym screamer" stereotype. he yells(no exageration, you can hear him across the street if the radio is off) PUSH IT! CRUSH IT! GOTTA ****IN DESTROY THAT ****! YOUR MINE! or something similar on every rep of every set, including warm-ups, on every excercise he does.

LOL must give you some laughs though.

Thing is today I rocked up with my 4 board for the first time lol, me and me mate are like the running joke for our PL stuff.
    Last edited by GGHT; 08-26-2008 at 09:24 PM.

mcfadden47 is just really nice. (+1000) mcfadden47 is just really nice. (+1000) mcfadden47 is just really nice. (+1000) mcfadden47 is just really nice. (+1000) mcfadden47 is just really nice. (+1000) mcfadden47 is just really nice. (+1000) mcfadden47 is just really nice. (+1000) mcfadden47 is just really nice. (+1000) mcfadden47 is just really nice. (+1000) mcfadden47 is just really nice. (+1000) mcfadden47 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GGHT View Post
    Yeah even though the gym is pretty Misc. this was a nice MILF staring in awe and a couple of others me and my buddy just couldnt believe it, the hassle "making" the damn thing for one set. He literally went 5" if that. He does a lot of weird ****, after he finished he did lying hamstring curls with a dumbell held between his legs.
    lmfao...time to throw him out, or find a new gym
    Current bests
    P:230 Starting to run 531, leaving my ego at the door is tough but doing my best :D

Also cutting down BW,

Originally Posted by GGHT View Post
    LOL must give you some laughs though.
    He's lifting a bit more weight than me, but at age 20, with half ROM, steroids, and multiple years of experience, he should be lifting WAY more. so I just sit there laughing
    Current bests

Also cutting down BW,

lmfao...time to throw him out, or find a new gym
    Yeh dude true, true!

cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the other day when i had the weight loaded up for my 490 squat attempt, this little troll looking kid that i sort of know came up and said, "cool man, i did that same thing the other day". He is about 150 lbs and i knew he couldnt be serious so I was like "really?", then he told me "yeah man i have a bad back so i do it on the leg press but its the same thing when you think about it"

I didnt even know what to say so i just got under the bar.

hates you, probably. PotKettleBlack's Avatar
    PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cjdelaney View Post
    the other day when i had the weight loaded up for my 490 squat attempt, this little troll looking kid that i sort of know came up and said, "cool man, i did that same thing the other day". He is about 150 lbs and i knew he couldnt be serious so I was like "really?", then he told me "yeah man i have a bad back so i do it on the leg press but its the same thing when you think about it"

I didnt even know what to say so i just got under the bar.
    In Power Unlimited, there's a quote that always comes to mind when people say stuff like that now, where it's just like, ''this girl comes in struggling to walk, she has crutches, or something, and yet they load up a bar for her, she gets underneath, and squats it.''

Bad back? Pfft.
    BRB' Projectile Vomitin'

Alpha Beard Crew!

WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500)
    Tell the dude that if he sticks with it that someday he might get himself into the 2000 pound club with 75 year old Pat Robertson and his homeboys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSDpzwjBZKY

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by PotKettleBlack View Post
    In Power Unlimited, there's a quote that always comes to mind when people say stuff like that now, where it's just like, ''this girl comes in struggling to walk, she has crutches, or something, and yet they load up a bar for her, she gets underneath, and squats it.''

Bad back? Pfft.
    Its from Scott Cartwright, he was at either the special olympics or the paralympic games...and this girl comes up on a walker, "she can't even walk, they take the walker away and she squats 90lbs" he then proceeds to get pissed off b/c people won't squat "and here's this girl that can't even walk that's squatting! ****...squat!"
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

Originally Posted by WowWeakForum View Post
    Tell the dude that if he sticks with it that someday he might get himself into the 2000 pound club with 75 year old Pat Robertson and his homeboys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSDpzwjBZKY
    Haha 3:10 in isn't too dissimilar to what it looked like!

mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000)
    there's aguy like that at the gym i first started training at (cardinal fitness). he would do the same thing with the leg press with about the same ROM. it was only because he was so friggin fat that he couldn't lower the weight any more than that. he would do leg presses, inclines on the smith machine and then he would fo to the flye machine. the dude was a joke.
    i rep back.

weightWombat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weightWombat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weightWombat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weightWombat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weightWombat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weightWombat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weightWombat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weightWombat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weightWombat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weightWombat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weightWombat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I never understood why there is so much leg press hate on here. I use it, and will probably continue to use it. Most people talk about it like using the leg press is completely worthless...

Electric_Fishy is not very well liked. (-100) Electric_Fishy is not very well liked. (-100) Electric_Fishy is not very well liked. (-100) Electric_Fishy is not very well liked. (-100) Electric_Fishy is not very well liked. (-100) Electric_Fishy is not very well liked. (-100) Electric_Fishy is not very well liked. (-100) Electric_Fishy is not very well liked. (-100) Electric_Fishy is not very well liked. (-100) Electric_Fishy is not very well liked. (-100) Electric_Fishy is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by weightWombat View Post
    I never understood why there is so much leg press hate on here. I use it, and will probably continue to use it. Most people talk about it like using the leg press is completely worthless...
    I don't think there is so much hate towards the leg press as there is towards the people who load it to the tits, do 1/4 ROM and then prance around like they're stronger than people who actually squat.

mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Electric_Fishy View Post
    I don't think there is so much hate towards the leg press as there is towards the people who load it to the tits, do 1/4 ROM and then prance around like they're stronger than people who actually squat.
    WORD.

leg press isn't bad. use it if you want. just don't be an a$$.
    i rep back.

btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000)
    I disagree about the leg press...for most...for most trying to get bigger totals... the leg press will not help AT ALL (note, i said, MOST, not all)... i've had years of knee problems, and as such, i have a strong back, and weaker quads, and they are a limiting factor in my squating, and as such i AM an exception, as leg presses have helped my quad strength (along with front squats, and heavy-ass quarter squats *blasphemy*)...but for most, leg presses will only strengthen a pre-existing strength, thus not making their weaknesses any stronger, and not allowing them to squat anything heavier... now for another bastardized Powerlifiting Unlimited Quote: "I wouldn't tell a bench specialist he isn't a real powerlifter, but damnit, what's wrong with squating?" (captain Kirk i think...though that may have been from cartwright as well)
    680/412.5/647.5-1740, raw elite 308 (meet, raw, wraps)
    770/445/660 -all time gym prs @ 355 ish

Currently: about 240,
    gym prs: 480/330/530....time to get strong!

"Demand more!"

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168128223

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by btlifter View Post
    I disagree about the leg press...for most...for most trying to get bigger totals... the leg press will not help AT ALL (note, i said, MOST, not all)... i've had years of knee problems, and as such, i have a strong back, and weaker quads, and they are a limiting factor in my squating, and as such i AM an exception, as leg presses have helped my quad strength (along with front squats, and heavy-ass quarter squats *blasphemy*)...but for most, leg presses will only strengthen a pre-existing strength, thus not making their weaknesses any stronger, and not allowing them to squat anything heavier... now for another bastardized Powerlifiting Unlimited Quote: "I wouldn't tell a bench specialist he isn't a real powerlifter, but damnit, what's wrong with squating?" (captain Kirk i think...though that may have been from cartwright as well)
    that was captain kirk...he goes on to swear and go a little nuts.

I swear I damn near have that movie memorized...
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000)
    hey, don't knock the OCD. I can't lift unless the corners of the plates are lined up.

yup, I'm nuts. totally certifiable.
    At my house, we listen to both kinds of music: Led and Zeppelin!
    How do you build muscle like Bert Landry?

56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ive always found this weird...im not saying my squat is anything big (see sig) but I can almost squat more than I legpress...
    "Starting Weight" 3/21/08: 161 lbs
    Weight as of 8/21/08: 173
    Bench: 255 x 1
    Squat: 205 x 5 x 5 :( Moving up though
    Dead: 315 x 1 :)

swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000)

He tells onlookers, and even those who go out of their way to ignore him, that he's been training for "about 4 months"...despite the fact that any veteran of the gym will tell you he's been lifting there for at least 2 or 3 years. He also makes a point of saying he is "not on anything, not even protein!" Even though he did, and probably still does, take a variety of steroids.

All of this is done with TERRIBLE form, and weight that is ridiculously heavy, to the point that he'll fail on the 2nd rep of the first set in his workout, and then act SHOCKED, speaking loudly(while pretending to be trying to whisper) saying "never failed before, I don't understand"

I don't care who you are, but if you do squats which range from 1/4 depth to slightly above parallel, and spend 60% of the lift bent over at a 90 degree angle...you need to learn some humility, lower the weight, and practice your form.

Ill drive out to wherever you live in ontario and ruin this guys day if you want.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but rather the one most responsive to change.

Originally Posted by swolegantor View Post
    Ill drive out to wherever you live in ontario and ruin this guys day if you want.
    haha that is tempting
    Current bests

Also cutting down BW,