Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Iodine is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Iodine is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Iodine is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Iodine is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Iodine is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Iodine is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Iodine is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Iodine is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Iodine is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Iodine is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Iodine is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

do squats increase overall muscle growth/my workouts

I've heard that if you squat then you are releasing large amounts of something that helps not only your leg muscles to grow but all of your muscles. Is this true? Because right now I'm mainly focusing on my upper body and I don't squat at all. I actually know a lot of people who don't squat and there upper bodies look fine and they're plenty strong (no homo). Lol, so is it necessary to throw in the squat exercise everyonce in a while during my other workouts? By the way I don't work out legs but every once in a while I'll do some seated calf raises, leg extensions and some squats, not too often though.

My workouts...

CHEST/TRICEPS -
    FLAT BARBELL BENCH PRESS
    INCLINE BARBELL BENCH PRESS
    FLAT BENCH DUMBBELL FLYS
    FLAT DUMBBELL BENCH PRESS
    PEC DECK BUTTERFLYS
    SKULLCRUSHERS
    TRICEP KICK-BACKS
    DIFFERENT VARIATIONS OF PUSHUPS
    TRICEP PULL-DOWNS

LATS/SHOULDERS/TRAPS/BACK -
    WIDE GRIP LAT PULL DOWNS
    CLOSE GRIP LAT PULL DOWNS
    PULL-UPS
    STANDING MILITARY PRESS
    FRONT DUMBBELL RAISE
    LATERAL DUMBBELL RAISE
    DUMBBELL SHOULDER SHRUGS
    UPRIGHT BARBELL ROWS
    BENT OVER DUMBBELL ROWS

thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Yes. Nothing is set in stone in bodybuilding, except that if you don't squat you're a pussy.

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by thedestro View Post
    Yes. Nothing is set in stone in bodybuilding, except that if you don't squat you're a pussy.
    0 for 2
    Who was this love of yours?

bania is not very well liked. (-100) bania is not very well liked. (-100) bania is not very well liked. (-100) bania is not very well liked. (-100) bania is not very well liked. (-100) bania is not very well liked. (-100) bania is not very well liked. (-100) bania is not very well liked. (-100) bania is not very well liked. (-100) bania is not very well liked. (-100) bania is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Iodine View Post
    I've heard that if you squat then you are releasing large amounts of something that helps not only your leg muscles to grow but all of your muscles. Is this true? Because right now I'm mainly focusing on my upper body and I don't squat at all.
    Some people experience great overall body mass gains as a result of focusing on squatting, particularly higher rep work.

You should NOT be neglecting legs, regardless.
    "If you can squat heavy and have solid sh*ts, what more can you ask of life?"
    Jon Paul Sigmarsson - WSM winner

Vote for Pedro

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos

Hardgainer/HIT resource list: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=54936191&postcount=131

PLUS www.ironaddicts.com

240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've heard that if you squat then you are releasing large amounts of something that helps not only your leg muscles to grow but all of your muscles.
    I too have read that testosterone is most heavily stored in your legs and that working them floods it to the rest of your body..however, i don't actually know.
    Drew's Deployed BSN Stack-tacular (NOW WITH EVEN MORE GST!!):

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122393951

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Acute increases in Testosterone and Growth Hormone can occur if certain training protocols are employed (which most people fail to do in the first place)

HOWEVER, acute effects have not been positively linked to long term benefits / results. What is not fully understood is the actual significance and how important the acute hormonal responses induced by resistance exercise are on muscle hypertrophy over the long-term.

In other words, don't get caught up in the acute anabolic hormone response as muscle tension (weight) and the increase in intra-muscular growth factors that it stimulates is just, if not more, important.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lifting itself causes test release. Doing curls releases test as well as anybody part, but the bigger the muscle the bigger release. Is doing squats going to turn you into the hulk, probably not. But in a 10 year difference would you have a bit more size than someone who didnt? Its possible.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Your King

Registered User CaptainGorgeous's Avatar
    CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainGorgeous is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    WTF?

grow stronger comrade rockhuddy's Avatar
    rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I actually know a lot of people who don't squat and there upper bodies look fine and they're plenty strong (no homo)
    there you go then

If you're not concerned about your lower body you don't have to work it, but the 'lightbulb' look is not very flattering IMO.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP you should be doing your whole body, not just upper body. You are probably right, a lot of people neglect legs or squats. That does not mean it is right. You want to have a good overall physique. If you don't do legs or squats its only hurting you, not anyone else. So DO IT!

3doz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3doz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3doz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3doz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3doz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3doz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3doz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3doz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3doz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3doz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3doz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    if you dont want to squat or dont care about your legs then dont do it. simple as that.

Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think we all agree that he should be doing his whole body and not just his upper body.

But the majority of us take issues with the whole he's a pussy if he doesn't squat ****.

TheGr8S1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGr8S1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGr8S1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGr8S1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGr8S1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGr8S1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGr8S1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGr8S1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGr8S1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGr8S1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGr8S1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ITHURTZ View Post
    Lifting itself causes test release. Doing curls releases test as well as anybody part, but the bigger the muscle the bigger release. Is doing squats going to turn you into the hulk, probably not. But in a 10 year difference would you have a bit more size than someone who didnt? Its possible.
    Solving a Rubix cube can cause test release

Staind_emt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Staind_emt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by rockhuddy View Post
    there you go then

If you're not concerned about your lower body you don't have to work it, but the 'lightbulb' look is not very flattering IMO.
    My brother does nothing but upperbody.....Hes been doing it for 8 months. big upper body and stick legs and what ever lady dreams of.
    ***Try, try and try some more***

TXPump is just really nice. (+1000) TXPump is just really nice. (+1000) TXPump is just really nice. (+1000) TXPump is just really nice. (+1000) TXPump is just really nice. (+1000) TXPump is just really nice. (+1000) TXPump is just really nice. (+1000) TXPump is just really nice. (+1000) TXPump is just really nice. (+1000) TXPump is just really nice. (+1000) TXPump is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TheGr8S1 View Post
    Solving a Rubix cube can cause test release
    nope...i solve it several times every day at my boring job so and i haven't seen much growth
    lol

GetBig87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetBig87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetBig87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetBig87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetBig87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetBig87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetBig87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetBig87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetBig87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetBig87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetBig87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Deadlifts and squats should be done WEEKLY, in addition to heavy freeweight exercises. They release ALOT of test and GH into your bloodstream because they are so demanding.
    Some people live to eat. Some people eat to live. I eat to GROW.

thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GetBig87 View Post
    Deadlifts and squats should be done WEEKLY, in addition to heavy freeweight exercises. They release ALOT of test and GH into your bloodstream because they are so demanding.
    x2..
    3rd year Biology Student
    Currently in therapy for lower back injury.

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Here we go again.................do squats release gh/test thread #143
    Last edited by DiamondDelts; 08-26-2008 at 07:18 AM.

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Um, no.

SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    Acute increases in Testosterone and Growth Hormone can occur if certain training protocols are employed (which most people fail to do in the first place)

HOWEVER, acute effects have not been positively linked to long term benefits / results. What is not fully understood is the actual significance and how important the acute hormonal responses induced by resistance exercise are on muscle hypertrophy over the long-term.

In other words, don't get caught up in the acute anabolic hormone response as muscle tension (weight) and the increase in intra-muscular growth factors that it stimulates is just, if not more, important.
    bump ^^^^^^
    Who was this love of yours?

Ozisaxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SquatTilYouDrop View Post
    And that from some-one named Squattillyoudrop (Ref big upper body - Forum Name = Confusing answer )

Yes there is release of GH and Test linked to the amount of muscle worked.

Squats will allow you to build a solid base to carry around your growing upper body. Put it that way. Chicken Legs and the Guns of Lavrone just dont add up...
    Ruthless & Relentless
    http://ruthlessandrelentless.blogspot.com/

Nothing is too much
    Nowhere is too far
    Never give up

Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000)
    Except the flaw that if you don't do squats you will have small legs.

Not true.

Leg presses, Lunges, Glute Ham raises can all net you big legs.

Remember that I am coming at this as a bodybuiler where it's all about how you look. Doesn't matter what exercises you use to get there.

It's about choice.

Gman02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gman02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gman02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gman02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gman02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gman02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gman02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gman02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gman02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gman02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gman02 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Beat me to it.

In otherwords, no.

Isotonic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Isotonic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Isotonic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Isotonic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Isotonic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Isotonic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Isotonic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Isotonic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Isotonic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Isotonic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Isotonic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yes Squats and Deadlifts are the key excercises in building mass

As they both use extreme force to accomplish (doing them heavy that is)

When using extreme force your body raises its TESTOSTERONE levels and also gets it flowing more freely. (More test mor emuscle) It also produces more GROWTH HORMONES in the entire body (More growth hormones more muscle)

Those guys in the wheel chairs who are jacked would have not done squats and deadlifts (Obvesiouly) but if they did they would be bigger than what they are in the pics. Without a doubt.

Also they were probally on testosterone boosters and growth hormone.

To compensate for the deadlifts and squats.

But alot of respect to those dudes in wheel chairs, The achived something most people cant even do with legs.
    Last edited by Isotonic; 08-27-2008 at 02:02 AM.

dtboxy is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtboxy is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtboxy is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtboxy is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtboxy is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtboxy is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtboxy is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtboxy is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtboxy is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtboxy is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtboxy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    apparently it realeses more testostorone. you should do your legs but

Isotonic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Isotonic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Isotonic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Isotonic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Isotonic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Isotonic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Isotonic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Isotonic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Isotonic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Isotonic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Isotonic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DiamondDelts View Post
    Here we go again.................do squats release gh/test thread #143
    Do you belive or disagree?

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post

BUMP! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Originally Posted by Isotonic View Post
    Do you belive or disagree?
    I AM SURE you are not training in a manner that elicits the response ANYWAY.
    FURTHERMORE, acute effects DO NOT TRANSLATE to TANGIBLE results.

Don't be a squawking parrot.

singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No, something else which is set in stone is that if you do kickbacks you're a pussy.

OP, swap the tricep kickbacks for squats, for ****s sake. The hormonal affect from squatting will probably get you a bigger upper body than an infinite amount of tricep kickbacks.
    FIRST RULE OF COOKING IS ALWAYS CHECK YOUR INGRIDIENTS. - Tallguy, 2009.

Will2k84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will2k84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will2k84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will2k84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will2k84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will2k84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will2k84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will2k84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will2k84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is this bodybuilding.com or upperbodybuilding.com?

In the end it's up to you and i know quite a few people who neglect legs and do very little back work because "you don't see them so whats the point" but in the end they will greatly benefit you.

You wouldnt build a 20 storey building with a ****ty weak foundation would you? Your legs are very important overall, they account for like 50% of your body.