Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000)

Dan's 2008 Beast Amphetalean Transformation Challenge Log

Introduction
    This log will follow my 90 transformation using Beast Sports Amphetalean. During this time I'll also be prepping for my first bodybuilding show on October 25th.

I'm considering today, August 24th, Day 1. That will make 90 days November 21st. I'll be posting pics at least every 30 days, maybe every week. I'll try to update the log at least a few times per week.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/be...phetalean.html

In developing their new energy product AmphetaLean? ,the folks at Beast Sports studied the different types of delivery systems available in today’s marketplace. Tablets and capsules are of course the most common and they deliver primarily through the stomach (with the exception of enteric coats- we’ll come back to that later). You also have liquids and powders that work quickest to deliver their effects and are also absorbed through the stomach. Most users will agree these delivery methods work quickly, but at best, effects will last for no more than 1-3 hours. This short duration of action is due to the fact that the stomach will shuttle the ingredients quickly to the bloodstream, but the ingredients are delivered all at once. The stomach can also be a hostile environment for many dietary ingredients diluting their benefits after exposure to the acids in the stomach.
    Click To Enlarge.
    Amphetalean Benefits:

* Quick Fat Loss
    * Perpetual Energy
    * Suppress Appetite
    * Increased Mental Clarity & Focus
    * Optimum Thyroid Function
    * Control Food Cravings
    * One-a-Day Energy

So the question is how do we get quick absorption with long lasting effects? We already know that liquids absorb quickly through the stomach but the effects are short-lived. In order to delay release, pharmaceutical companies have successfully used enteric coated products for years. This type of delivery entails coating a tablet or capsule with a protective “shell” allowing safe passage through the stomach for delivery to the intestine. Delivering to the intestine is where absorption will be its greatest for just about any supplement. If engineered properly, this method can deliver ingredients for hours on end. The only drawback with this type of delivery is that it may take up to 90 minutes to begin working.

What if you could combine the swift delivery of a liquid with the sustained release of an enteric coated tablet? Enter The Beast Sports Nutrition and their new energy product AmphetaLean?. This product will revolutionize the supplement world with its’ new Liqui-Tab™ technology. This advanced delivery system features a pharmaceutically engineered tablet suspended in Omega-3 oil within a capsule. This new 2 Stage delivery process will allow you to feel the effects of the product much faster, and have the effects last throughout the day. Here’s how it works. The Omega-3 oil within the capsule is actually a suspension containing the 1st stage of ingredients that will release immediately through the stomach lining and into the blood stream. This will cause an immediate energy jolt. The 2nd stage is a specially engineered tablet that delivers deep within the small intestine and disperses slowly over several hours. This allows for continual delivery of the ingredients throughout the day with no “crash”. With this advanced 2 stage delivery, The Beast’s Liqui-Tab™ Technology is light years ahead of the competition. AmphetaLean? will be the first product to utilize this new technology. According to Beast Sports’ VP Rudy Velez, “The beta testers on the product were amazed at the duration of the product. They were still feeling the energy buzz up to 10 hours after ingestion. Even those resistant to stimulants are amazed at the potency of the product.”
    Last edited by DriverDan; 08-24-2008 at 03:29 PM.
    Owner of SupplementGiveaway.com
    Win free supplements at http://supplementgiveaway.com
    Here Be Dragons: An Introduction To Critical Thinking http://herebedragonsmovie.com/
    WATCH THIS MOVIE BEFORE LISTENING TO THE BROS

DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Supplementation

I'll be sticking to the basics with this log so I can accurately review Amphetalean's effects. Sample supplementation schedule:

6:20 AM: Wake up, take 1 Amphetalean & bulk green tea

6:35 AM: Multivitamin and 2g beta alanine with morning shake

8:30 AM: 5g creatine mono in PWO shake

2:00 PM: Fish oil cap

5:45 PM: Bulk green tea, 2g beta alanine

8:00 PM: 1g Vitamin C

10:30 PM: 3 caps ZMA, 1 cap Fish Oil

On the weekend the schedule is a bit different but the supplementation is the same. I'll note any changes in the log.

Meals / Food

My diet will change as time goes on. I'll be starting around 100g net carbs and slowly dropping them as the show approaches. I'll be on a TKD diet for a while and then switching to CKD for the month of October. After the show I'll be slow bulking for 3 weeks and then cutting to the end of this challenge.

Current diet (workout days):

Meal 1: Morning shake (skim milk, oats, gemma protein powder, ground flax, peanut butter)

Meal 2: PWO shake (25g WPI, 25g dextrose/maltodextrin)

Meal 3: Chicken, raw almonds

Meal 4: Walnuts, low fat string cheese

Meal 5: Fiber cereal, broccoli with cheese

Meal 6: Bacon and cheese omelette

Meal 7: Low fat cottage cheese

Macros
    1998 kcal
    Fat: 86g 40%
    Carbs: 121g (30g fiber) 19%
    Protein: 204g 42%
    Last edited by DriverDan; 08-24-2008 at 03:50 PM.
    Here Be Dragons: An Introduction To Critical Thinking http://herebedragonsmovie.com/

Starting Pics

I decided to take pics from a few angles. I also found some shorts that have a tight waist that will show my progress well. I didn't stick out my stomach in any of them, all are an accurate representation of how I currently look. I actually took 20 pics but am only showing the best ones.

Last edited by DriverDan; 08-24-2008 at 03:57 PM.

Starting Pics (continued)

Last edited by DriverDan; 08-24-2008 at 03:55 PM.

ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    great start dan....

WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In for the HUGE Transformation!!

rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good luck I'll be following!
    I'll take a 6 pack of abs please!!!!

Obesession is simply a word lazy people use to describe the DEDICATED!!!!

www.teamscivation.com

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109701391

SCHMIDTHOUSE7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SCHMIDTHOUSE7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SCHMIDTHOUSE7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SCHMIDTHOUSE7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SCHMIDTHOUSE7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SCHMIDTHOUSE7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SCHMIDTHOUSE7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SCHMIDTHOUSE7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SCHMIDTHOUSE7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SCHMIDTHOUSE7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SCHMIDTHOUSE7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wht show are you preparing for?
    Amateurs train until they get it right, professionals train until they can't get it wrong.

If you do what you've always done you'll get what you've always got.

mandyg7777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mandyg7777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mandyg7777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mandyg7777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mandyg7777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mandyg7777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mandyg7777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mandyg7777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mandyg7777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mandyg7777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mandyg7777 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good luck! 90 days to win this!

Originally Posted by ksujosh6 View Post
    great start dan....
    Originally Posted by WannaGetLean View Post
    In for the HUGE Transformation!!

Originally Posted by rubes00 View Post
    Good luck I'll be following!
    Originally Posted by mandyg7777 View Post
    Good luck! 90 days to win this!
    Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by SCHMIDTHOUSE7 View Post
    Wht show are you preparing for?
    NGA Olympus. I was going to do a show earlier this year but wasn't ready so I decided to bulk and do this one. It was a good choice, I've made some good improvements to my chest and legs.

I like to prep my food for the week on the weekend. This weekend I smoked 5lbs of chicken breasts:

Some of my food for the week:

Shakers with PWO shakes
    Cottage cheese containers with breakfast shake
    1.25oz walnuts
    1oz almonds
    25g bags of WPI

I forgot to post my weekly workouts. Right now it goes like this:

Monday: 30-45 min cardio
    Tuesday: Chest
    Wednesday: Back / Abs if I have time
    Thursday: Legs / calves
    Friday: Delts / Arms / Abs if not on Wednesday and I have time
    Saturday: Been an off day but will be doing some cardio
    Sunday: Off

I've been toying with the idea of a 4 day split, cardio, and 1 day a week repeat a muscle group. Then rotate the order. It would double up each muscle groups once per month. I prefer working muscles more than once per week.
    Last edited by DriverDan; 08-26-2008 at 04:32 PM.

ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ksujosh6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DriverDan View Post
    I like to prep my food for the week on the weekend. This weekend I smoked 5lbs of chicken breasts:

Some of my food for the week:

Shakers with PWO shakes
    Cottage cheese containers with breakfast shake
    1.25oz walnuts
    1oz almonds
    25g bags of WPI
    someone means business....

I need to start prepping better...but when i bulk I do more of the see it eat it method

WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000)
    will you come over and cook for me

someone means business....

I need to start prepping better...but when i bulk I do more of the see it eat it method
    Yeah me too. I like to cook food on the weekend so I don't have to cook during the week. When bulking I don't usually preportion like this.

Originally Posted by WannaGetLean View Post
    will you come over and cook for me
    Sure if you pay for the flight

The Amphetalean came today. I'll be starting it tomorrow. That means tomorrow will be day 1, not this past Sunday like I indicated.

I had an interesting thing happen last night / today. I decided to do a carb load last night in the hopes of having a good leg day today. Total food intake was about 3500 kcal. My carbs came from eating an entire box of shredded wheat. I was drinking extra water but it just seemed to keep going through me.

When I woke up this morning I felt a bit dehydrated. My mouth and throat were dry. I actually weighed in the same as the day before. I was estimating I burn between 2800-3000 kcal per day. So it seems that
    • I'm burning more calories than I thought.
    • Shredded wheat takes quite a while to be digested.
    Had I eaten the food earlier and kept drinking water I think it would have gone better.

I was going to post a review days ago but have been delayed. It was worth the wait though because I have more to say from the past few day's experiences.

Amphetalean is the longest lasting stimulant I've ever used. One dose lasts me, on average, about 8 hours. It's hard to tell when it ends because it slowly fades, no crash. Some days I feel like it lasts 10+ hours. Like other caffeine-containing supplements I've found the best results after a good night's sleep. The effects are greatly enhanced when you're well rested. The strongest effects are felt over the first 3-4 hours. It then seems to maintain for a few hours and then slowly fade.

I've been high dosing caffeine (400-600+ mg / day) for months now so I was looking forward to see how my body would handle Amphetalean. Week days I wake up at 6:20AM. Previously I was dosing caffeine (as Hot Rox or ephedrine+caffeine (EC)) at 100mg every ~2 hours up to 600mg of caffeine. Knowing that I'd be taking a single dose I wasn't sure how my body would react.

I made the mistake of low-dosing caffeine the day before my first cap. I woke up with a caffeine headache that lasted all day. I didn't feel it was fair to review Amphetalean on that day. I've had different experiences and observations over the past 1.5 weeks. Days where I get 6-7 hours of sleep Amphetalean perks me up all day without a big rush. On days I get 7-8 hours of sleep I get a surge of energy for the first 3-4 hours. Take it upon waking on an empty stomach and waiting 20-30 min before eating results in a bigger initial rush. It seems to last just as long either way.

With my previous dosing regimen I found that, although Amphetalean lasts a LONG time, it resulted in some lethargy in the early evening. There were a few days I had an energy drink to perk up. I've now adjusted to it better and it ends up working out well. Due to my dependence on caffeine I end up crashing at night right around the time I go to bed (10-11 PM), long after Amphetalean has worn off. It actually helps me fall asleep better. With EC I was wired up until I went to bed.

I've found that Amphetalean works VERY well for cardio. During an eliptical session on Monday I beat my calorie goal by 10%. I had tons of energy and felt like I could have kept going when I finished, if I had the time. This is similar to how I feel doing cardio with a cap of Amp and better than EC.

I like to try different things. Like I mentioned above I had a few energy drinks late afternoon/evening. This worked very well since regular caffeine lasts about 4 hours. I also tried 500mg of naringin along with the dose of Amphetalean. It seemed to increase the stimulant effect.

The ultimate test came today. I woke up as normal and took a cap of Amphetalean. I ended up running late and didn't have time for a full workout. As I was heading out the door I decided to hit the gym twice: 15 min of light cardio in the morning and then my full chest routine after work. It was the perfect opportunity to test 2 caps of Amphetalean in one day. Cardio in the morning went well, I had to hold myself back because I wanted it to be lighter than normal. I took the 2nd cap 8.5 hours after the first, about 2.5 hours before going to the gym again. All I have to say is WOW! I felt like the first cap had mostly worn off but I was wrong. The first 3-4 hours were crazy. I FLEW through my chest workout and was bouncing off the walls.

It's now about 7.5 hours after that dose and I still feel it. I'm hoping it fades over the next hour because I want to go to bed. My recommendation to anyone that wants to try 2 in one day: take the first early and the 2nd 9 hours later. Be prepared to go to sleep late.

great review dan and very detailed...one of the best descriptions I have heard on the product

great review dan and very detailed...one of the best descriptions I have heard on the product
    Thanks. I'll be posting additional observations about Amphetalean as time goes on. I as I mentioned in the review I'm constantly noticing different things about it.

Thanks. I'll be posting additional observations about Amphetalean as time goes on. I as I mentioned in the review I'm constantly noticing different things about it.
    it is a very unique and effective fat burner....i wish more people would try it out b/c they would be extremely impressed

Fit_Mamma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit_Mamma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit_Mamma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit_Mamma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit_Mamma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit_Mamma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit_Mamma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit_Mamma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit_Mamma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit_Mamma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit_Mamma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great review. You put in words what I've tried to say but couldn't.

Last week I decided to shake things up a lot. I was having intense hunger at night, sometimes resulting in overeating. I decided the best way to solve the issue is to switch up my workouts and my diet.

Since I started lifting 2.5 years ago I've done my workouts in the morning or early afternoon. I always disliked working out in the evening because the gym is more crowded and it reduced my free time after work. For about 6 months now my lifts have been stagnate with very little increase in weights. I realized that switching to an evening workout would have a few advantages: I can do cardio in the morning and workout in the evening, it would be something my body wasn't used to, and the appetite suppression would help cut the food cravings.

Now that I've been doing this for a little over a week I can say WOW. My intensity in the gym has gone up and my lifts are starting to move again. The extra cardio in the morning has helped cut the fat. My abs are showing strong. I'm on target for my show at the end of October.

My diet has always been centered on my workouts. I try to take the most calories and carbs in before and after I workout, then slowly lower them as the day goes on. I'm still centering my meals on my workouts but I've reversed the order. I start the day with a very small shake (25g MPI, 1 tbsp flaxseed) and build up. I also changed from 7 meals a day (including a PWO shake) to 5-6. Instead of a PWO shake I now drink a shake 1 hour preworkout with 25g WPI, creatine, citrulline malate, and beta alanine. Then after I get home from the gym I have a big meal with lots of protein. I lowered my daily caloric intake to 1800-1950 kcal. Despite the low calories and very low carbs pumps have been pretty good.

Another observation of Amphetalean I forgot to note before. When I took an energy drink later in the day it seemed to be enhanced, with a much stronger effect than usual. While I felt like Amphetalean had worn off it seems to have a residual effect.

Next week I'm going to do split workouts instead of cardio in the morning and lifting in the evening. I'll probably be doing something like:

Mon
    AM: Quads, Calves
    PM: Hams, Calves

Tue
    AM: Chest
    PM: Back

Wed
    AM: Delts / Traps
    PM: Arms

Thu
    AM: Cardio

Fri
    AM: Chest
    PM: Back

With abs thrown in here and there for good measure. This isn't set in stone, it may turn out different.
    Last edited by DriverDan; 09-16-2008 at 07:27 PM.

Another observation of Amphetalean I forgot to note before. When I took an energy drink later in the day it seemed to be enhanced, with a much stronger effect than usual. While I felt like Amphetalean had worn off it seems to have a residual effect.
    great to hear about the positive results of changing up the workouts/diet

also, I was going to send an e-mail to all about that discovery you noticed...if you take an energy drink/coffee around the 2-4 hour mark it actually enhances the back end of the amphetalean

Rob Awesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rob Awesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rob Awesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rob Awesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rob Awesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rob Awesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rob Awesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rob Awesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rob Awesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rob Awesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rob Awesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey Dan - when you had the energy drink, what if at all or any did you experience physiologically (ie - increased heart rate, sweating, disorientation, focus, energy, mental clarity, increased alertness)? Out of sheer curiousity...

I'm glad to hear of your positive experience thus far!!!

I just began an Amphetalean Super Log + SportPharma (which I SERIOUSLY need to update ) and I'm loving the effects!
    Enter.at.your.own.Pleasure

soundfreak is not very helpful. (-500) soundfreak is not very helpful. (-500) soundfreak is not very helpful. (-500) soundfreak is not very helpful. (-500) soundfreak is not very helpful. (-500) soundfreak is not very helpful. (-500) soundfreak is not very helpful. (-500) soundfreak is not very helpful. (-500) soundfreak is not very helpful. (-500) soundfreak is not very helpful. (-500) soundfreak is not very helpful. (-500)

Talking

also, I was going to send an e-mail to all about that discovery you noticed...if you take an energy drink/coffee around the 2-4 hour mark it actually enhances the back end of the amphetalean
    lol, thats funny i had the same feeling when i took sp250, i have never sweated so much in my life! my shirt was drenched i was Literally able to ring it out

I don't know if I'd take it at the same time. I suppose if your tolerance is really high it would be ok but Amphetalean alone is good for me. IIRC I took the energy drink 9-10 hours after Amphetalean.

Originally Posted by Rob Awesome
    Hey Dan - when you had the energy drink, what if at all or any did you experience physiologically (ie - increased heart rate, sweating, disorientation, focus, energy, mental clarity, increased alertness)? Out of sheer curiousity...
    Increased heart rate, focus, energy, mental clarity, alertness, and motivation. The intensity of my workout was crazy. No notable negatives.

Doing a carb up tonight and tomorrow. Will update with details and how it went tomorrow evening.

Carb up went ok. Looked a little smooth today but that could have been from sodium.

Workout today was fantastic. I did box squats for the first time. I used a box that was pretty tall, a few inches over parallel. I figured I'd take it easy on my first go. 315x5, x4, x4 is what I ended up doing which is REALLY good for me. I think the max I've ever squatted to parallel is 315x2 and my strength hasn't been near that for a while. I'll be doing box squats for a few weeks with lower and lower boxes.

Progress is going well. I'm down to 1800-1900 kcal on most days and will be carb cycling for the next month. Body fat is in single digits. Today's chest workout was fantastic. Strength wasn't great but the volume I managed to pump out in 30 min was huge. I was a machine, just kept going and going. When I finished a set I would just pause for 15 sec, decrease the weight and keep going. I'm in the best shape of my life. The other day I checked my blood pressure at Walmart and it was the lowest I've ever seen, around 100/60, and heart rate was ~58 bpm.

30 day pics will be coming shortly, probably on Friday.

Progress is going well. I'm down to 1800-1900 kcal on most days and will be carb cycling for the next month. Body fat is in single digits. Today's chest workout was fantastic. Strength wasn't great but the volume I managed to pump out in 30 min was huge. I was a machine, just kept going and going. When I finished a set I would just pause for 15 sec, decrease the weight and keep going. I'm in the best shape of my life. The other day I checked my blood pressure at Walmart and it was the lowest I've ever seen, around 100/60, and heart rate was ~58 bpm.

30 day pics will be coming shortly, probably on Friday.
    another great informative update....your log is always great to read