WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000)

Long head biceps tendonitis treatments?

I've been having shoulder pain for a little more than a year now. Had two cortizone shots so far, and they've help a little but the pain is still there. Had an MRI done, and it showed no tears. Doc's official diagnosis was shoulder tendonitis. After the second visit, she prescribed some physical therapy but I didn't go (I know ... probably stupid ... but back then I figured as much as I workout, what can a PT show me that I didn't already do?).

I'm starting to wonder that maybe this isn't really shoulder tendons but the tendon of the long head of my biceps that's injured. While it hurts to do lateral type movements and overhead presses, I can bear the pain for laterals and can do overhead presses as I long as I do them a certain way. But after I do biceps, the pain is almost unbearable for a day or two (I've spaced my shoulder day and biceps day far enough apart to compensate for this). It hurts when I do curls too. If this is shoulder tendons, why should it hurt when I do curls? It hurts to sleep on it and when I'm laying flat on my back too.

Another thing thats kind of unusual ... if I flex the affected arm hard enough, I can feel my biceps starting to cramp up. Not sure if that's relevant, but I figured I'd mention anyway.

I used to regularly do inclined dumbbell curls, and this exercise directly targets the long head of the biceps. I used to go fairly heavy on this exercise, and emphasized the stretch at the bottom too (obviously, tempting fate in the process ... looks like I finally lucked out). So this maybe the cause.

I plan on going back to the doc and see what she says. In the mean time, I'm wondering what the forum thinks and if you guys know any exercises I can do that treats this to see if it helps and thus verify my suspicion.
    Last edited by WWE-TicK; 08-24-2008 at 06:58 AM.