GettingFitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GettingFitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GettingFitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

To shed body fat fast, I must eat only 1000 calories a day right ?

So, that being the case and also logically exercising my fat gut and arse off like mad, what would you guys and girls suggest for a day to day menu that is only 1000 calories a day ?

imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Fail.

Ever heard of starvation mode, starvation response, metabolic response to starvation, starvation dieting, decrease of BMR due to starvation, muscle loss due to starvation?

No less than 1200 for females and 1500 for males at an ABSOLUTE MINIMUM.
    Food quality does not change the laws of thermodynamics. Provided you consume adequate protein, EFAs, fiber, and vitamins and minerals you can eat whatever you want.

The only difference between a 'clean' and a 'dirty' food is how much of it you eat.

The Glycemic Index is meaningless unless you eat carbs alone in a fasted state. As soon as you add fat, protein, or fiber to a meal or have eaten in the previous 4-6 hours the GI is irrelevant.

Taikowa Rock, Yakushima FormulaSP's Avatar
    FormulaSP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FormulaSP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FormulaSP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FormulaSP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FormulaSP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FormulaSP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FormulaSP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FormulaSP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FormulaSP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FormulaSP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FormulaSP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Damn, don't kill yourself.

BG41 is not very well liked. (-100) BG41 is not very well liked. (-100) BG41 is not very well liked. (-100) BG41 is not very well liked. (-100) BG41 is not very well liked. (-100) BG41 is not very well liked. (-100) BG41 is not very well liked. (-100) BG41 is not very well liked. (-100) BG41 is not very well liked. (-100) BG41 is not very well liked. (-100) BG41 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by GettingFitter View Post
    So, that being the case and also logically exercising my fat gut and arse off like mad, what would you guys and girls suggest for a day to day menu that is only 1000 calories a day ?
    You can do what is called a FAT FAST but only for maybe a week or less. 1000 cals a DAY. 5 MEALS. 90% of cals come from FAT. So a MEAL would be 2 EGG YOLKS and a tbls of mayo. 5 times a day. Then go on a keto style diet, you will lose weight the fastest that way, and wont lose as much muscle as on a high carb diet.

mhinderaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mhinderaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mhinderaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mhinderaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mhinderaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mhinderaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mhinderaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mhinderaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mhinderaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mhinderaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mhinderaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Somehow calling 2 Egg Yolks and a tablespoon of Mayo a meal sounds like a REALLY bad idea.

daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think you are setting yourself up for a BIG disappointment. Cut alot of the unhealthy fats out of your meals and maybe balance out 4 meals a day (aim for 500 calories per meal) with a daily routine of cardio and you'll be on your way to shedding lbs in no time.

You try to starve yourself and your body will hold onto every once of fat it has. Also if you'll do cardio first thing in the morning before you eat I believe you will shed lbs even faster because it would seem your body would be burning calories on top of the fasting you have gone through while you were asleep.

But what do I know, I'm trying to gain 50 lbs.
    ~Bulking till I hit 200 lbs~I Rep Back~
    People who want something bad enough will find a way and those who don't will find an excuse
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"- o'Rly

jonwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by imccarthy View Post
    Fail.

Ever heard of starvation mode, starvation response, metabolic response to starvation, starvation dieting, decrease of BMR due to starvation, muscle loss due to starvation?

No less than 1200 for females and 1500 for males at an ABSOLUTE MINIMUM.
    starvation mode is overblown way outta proportion. i believe it takes weeks/months to really enter starvation mode. im sure some others have more info on it than i do. you can go low cal for awhile, it may not be fun, but some people will do just about anything to lose weight. i would say if youre gonna eat a diet like that for whatever time you do it, lift heavy low reps and you really dont have to do cardio since the calorie deficit is obviously lower than most. like in the one study i posted about people going on a 800 calorie diet for 3 months and lifted heavy a few times a week and there was no muscle loss reported. this is ONLY ONE study, but it shows promise that heavy weight lifting on a more severe calorie deficit can hold onto more muscle for you than say going on a calorie deficit diet and not doing any heavy weight training. personally, i would up the cals significantly every few days. i think zig zagging calories would be a far more effective approach for losing bodyfat than say eating a 1000 calories daily for days at a time, my 2 cents.

replicat0r is just really nice. (+1000) replicat0r is just really nice. (+1000) replicat0r is just really nice. (+1000) replicat0r is just really nice. (+1000) replicat0r is just really nice. (+1000) replicat0r is just really nice. (+1000) replicat0r is just really nice. (+1000) replicat0r is just really nice. (+1000) replicat0r is just really nice. (+1000) replicat0r is just really nice. (+1000) replicat0r is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jonwilson View Post
    starvation mode is overblown way outta proportion. i believe it takes weeks/months to really enter starvation mode. im sure some others have more info on it than i do. you can go low cal for awhile, it may not be fun, but some people will do just about anything to lose weight. i would say if youre gonna eat a diet like that for whatever time you do it, lift heavy low reps and you really dont have to do cardio since the calorie deficit is obviously lower than most. like in the one study i posted about people going on a 800 calorie diet for 3 months and lifted heavy a few times a week and there was no muscle loss reported. this is ONLY ONE study, but it shows promise that heavy weight lifting on a more severe calorie deficit can hold onto more muscle for you than say going on a calorie deficit diet and not doing any heavy weight training. personally, i would up the cals significantly every few days. i think zig zagging calories would be a far more effective approach for losing bodyfat than say eating a 1000 calories daily for days at a time, my 2 cents.
    it does not take weeks/months to enter starvation mode, ur body adapts in a couple days once its low on cal intake

it will base its current day expendature based on the previouse days. thats how carb cycling is based on.

eating 800 cal a day and heavy lift. ur body will start catabolism, on both ur fat reserve and muscle reserves. sure its gonna lose weight. but ur gonna lost a **** load of muscle as well.

Shadowcast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowcast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowcast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowcast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowcast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowcast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowcast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowcast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowcast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowcast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowcast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol? Why is it people are willing to put their health at risk to lose fat?? What good is it having a body that's good on the outside but **** on the inside? Can't be showing off that six-pack if you're stuck in a hospital!

Do some reading, this website has ****loads of good info that gets overlooked by people looking for the fast way out instead of making lifestyle changes.

GettingFitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GettingFitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GettingFitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by daltrey View Post
    I think you are setting yourself up for a BIG disappointment. Cut alot of the unhealthy fats out of your meals and maybe balance out 4 meals a day (aim for 500 calories per meal) with a daily routine of cardio and you'll be on your way to shedding lbs in no time.

You try to starve yourself and your body will hold onto every once of fat it has. Also if you'll do cardio first thing in the morning before you eat I believe you will shed lbs even faster because it would seem your body would be burning calories on top of the fasting you have gone through while you were asleep.

But what do I know, I'm trying to gain 50 lbs.
    The whole exercising on an empty stomach deal I have heard of before, but then I get conflicting views that it then only leads you to disappointment because since you haven't got anything in the tank as it were to begin with you wont have enough fuel to even complete your work out.

The whole starvation mode your body goes into is also another thing I have read and heard a lot about but like many things also something that is varied from person to person I am told, as depending on how your metabolic rate is to begin with this type of dieting in its extreme can have little or no effect on how much fat you actually burn up as energy.

Registered User KlimTheSmartCow's Avatar
    KlimTheSmartCow will become famous soon enough. (+50) KlimTheSmartCow will become famous soon enough. (+50) KlimTheSmartCow will become famous soon enough. (+50) KlimTheSmartCow will become famous soon enough. (+50) KlimTheSmartCow will become famous soon enough. (+50) KlimTheSmartCow will become famous soon enough. (+50) KlimTheSmartCow will become famous soon enough. (+50) KlimTheSmartCow will become famous soon enough. (+50) KlimTheSmartCow will become famous soon enough. (+50) KlimTheSmartCow will become famous soon enough. (+50) KlimTheSmartCow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The whole exercising on an empty stomach deal I have heard of before, but then I get conflicting views that it then only leads you to disappointment because since you haven't got anything in the tank as it were to begin with you wont have enough fuel to even complete your work out.

The whole starvation mode your body goes into is also another thing I have read and heard a lot about but like many things also something that is varied from person to person I am told, as depending on how your metabolic rate is to begin with this type of dieting in its extreme can have little or no effect on how much fat you actually burn up as energy.
    so, despite the fact that you cant construct your own diet, your enough of an expert on the subject to try and extreme wightloss diet, that only supposedly works on certain people, and probably works for nobody?