Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Norse is not very well liked. (-100) Norse is not very well liked. (-100) Norse is not very well liked. (-100) Norse is not very well liked. (-100) Norse is not very well liked. (-100) Norse is not very well liked. (-100) Norse is not very well liked. (-100) Norse is not very well liked. (-100) Norse is not very well liked. (-100) Norse is not very well liked. (-100) Norse is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Dreamscapes View Post
    What's with the 'f.a.g' bit? As someone who never experienced any hate in real life, you come across as a bit hateful yourself.
    It's an online joke. Atheist.F.A.G or Christ.F.A.G. Just a joke I've found funny on many sites. But hey, I'm Anti-PC, what can I say?

Dreamscapes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreamscapes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreamscapes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreamscapes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreamscapes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreamscapes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreamscapes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreamscapes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreamscapes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreamscapes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreamscapes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Norse View Post
    It's an online joke. Atheist.F.A.G or Christ.F.A.G. Just a joke I've found funny on many sites. But hey, I'm Anti-PC, what can I say?
    That's an interesting sense of humor you're showcasing. Thanks for the clarification.
    I don't like signatures.

Evangelical Agnostic CerealKiller's Avatar
    CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good topic. I think you might be a bit mislead with your discrimination claims tho. I love women and think they should have every right as another human, as do gays. I may not agree with the gay lifestyle, but I do agree with the line "Love the sinner, but hate the sin."
    I'm not mislead at all. According to Christianity women are to be submissive to men. They are considered little more than chattel, second class citizens, property owned by men. Even with today's equal rights you don't see women priests in the churches. Why? Because their religion doesn't allow it.

I won't even get in to what the bible has to say about homosexuals, but I could bury you alive with passages from the bible about misogyny and anti-homosexual rhetoric.

You'd be interested to know that the "Love the sinner, hate the sin" routine appears nowhere in the bible. It's just a catch phrase adopted by Christians so they can rationalize their own discriminatory beliefs.
    You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe. -- Carl Sagan

Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wussy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Inev View Post
    I dont mind them trying to convert me. That's not what im talking about.
    I don't know. Those door to door "have you accepted Jesus Christ as your savior" types can be annoying.

I was bored one time a while back when they came by and I pretended like it was the first time I heard any of it.

They went on for quite sometime. But I had fun messing with them.

guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    But..... I'm a libertarian Christan who doesn't like Bush, doesn't care one way or the other about Gay Rights, and I've never been baptized. I'm no Catholic, but I do believe Jesus is Christ and died for us. I guess on the net, all Christians are lumped into the bible thumping "kill anyone who wont convert" crowd?
    Then why on earth would I "hate" you?

Relax...Do your thing, I'll do mine
    Orthodox Atheist.
    Concealed Hatred Is Cowardice - Henry Rollins.
    "I will not attack your doctrines nor your creeds if they accord liberty to me. If they hold thought to be dangerous - if they aver that doubt is a crime, then I attack them one and all, because they enslave the minds of men." -The Ghosts, 1877

YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CerealKiller View Post
    How can you hate something you don't think exists?
    x2 what a fcked up thread
    edit: nm, misread thread title
    Last edited by Ace_2004; 08-22-2008 at 09:10 PM.

Norse is not very well liked. (-100) Norse is not very well liked. (-100) Norse is not very well liked. (-100) Norse is not very well liked. (-100) Norse is not very well liked. (-100) Norse is not very well liked. (-100) Norse is not very well liked. (-100) Norse is not very well liked. (-100) Norse is not very well liked. (-100) Norse is not very well liked. (-100) Norse is not very well liked. (-100)
    That's an interesting sense of humor you're showcasing. Thanks for the clarification.
    Bad joke? I didn't find it offensive. Just a simple online joke with no hate behind it.

Originally Posted by CerealKiller View Post
    I'm not mislead at all. According to Christianity women are to be submissive to men. They are considered little more than chattel, second class citizens, property owned by men. Even with today's equal rights you don't see women priests in the churches. Why? Because their religion doesn't allow it.

I won't even get in to what the bible has to say about homosexuals, but I could bury you alive with passages from the bible about misogyny and anti-homosexual rhetoric.

You'd be interested to know that the "Love the sinner, hate the sin" routine appears nowhere in the bible. It's just a catch phrase adopted by Christians so they can rationalize their own discriminatory beliefs.

1 John 4:8-9 says, "He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him."

We are humans. If someone kills my mother, I will hate that person. Jesus would say "turn the other cheek". Heavenly love is completely different from what humans can understand. I try to live a godly life, which is why I love homosexuals and others, but I am only human. I am not God. My forgiveness, my acceptance only goes so far. It's the flaw of humanity. There's no defense for it other than, Humans are NOT perfect, unlike God.

Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Touche
    Reps for admitting it.
    "A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand."

SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't know. Jokes usually make some kind of sense.

Originally Posted by DukeNukem85 View Post
    outlawing stem cell research for starters. Because they're so selfish and disgusting that they will force their beliefs onto the whole nation regardless of whether or not it means the death of millions of diseased people who are not going to recieve their cures. Essentially i hate the religious people who are against stemcell research to be more exact. These people are murders indirectly of course.
    Uh, so people who are against murdering babies are murderers? Christians are only against Fetal Stem Cell research. Your argument is so insane, I can see why you are in the red, even tho I wont neg you. There's promising research in stem cells that adult humans produce.

heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000)
    if you even knew anything about fetal stemcell research you mindless ****. One single embryo dies and then you can clone these stemcells infinite times. Religious nutballs like yourself outlawed this cure and in doing so cost the lives of people. This is simple logic. murders.
    stemcell research is not outlawed what are you talking about?
    Next stop 250 lbs both my weight and lost 😁

Highest Weight 500lbs +
    Lowest Weight since joining 264lbs

Current 264 lbs

Time to get to my original dream goal

if you even knew anything about fetal stemcell research you mindless ****. One single embryo dies and then you can clone these stemcells infinite times. Religious nutballs like yourself outlawed this cure and in doing so cost the lives of people. This is simple logic. murders.
    Okay, so the one "fetus" that died and was given to stem cell research should be enough by your logic. You said "infinite times". One fetus should be enough then, let alone the thousands they've got. Good work arguing your point.

those are for research/experiments to see if theres a difference in effectiveness of stem cells depending on what fetus they come from. Also just like with transplanting an organ not all organs are compatible so you need to have different types. Anyways, christians forced their beliefs again onto the nation. I cant wait until i get my revenge for this crime. i will get it
    Are you aware of adult stem cells?

Adult stem cells, similar to embryonic stem cells, have the ability to differentiate into more than one cell type, but unlike embryonic stem cells they are often restricted to certain lineages. This means that embryonic stemcells are more effective that adult stemcells. This means that religion has prevented thousands and thousands of people from recieving their cures today. if ever. Which means they are murders.
    You logic is so flawed it's ridiculous.

heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Adult stem cells, similar to embryonic stem cells, have the ability to differentiate into more than one cell type, but unlike embryonic stem cells they are often restricted to certain lineages. This means that embryonic stemcells are more effective that adult stemcells. This means that religion has prevented thousands and thousands of people from recieving their cures today. if ever. Which means they are murders.
    can you explain how religion has prevented people from doing stem cell research?

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

My logic is crisp and spot on. Why dont you go and tell that to some dead family member of mine? it wouldnt surprise me if you're one of these selfish little ****s. Banning medical cures because of your religious beliefs. The Most selfish act in the past 100 years imo.
    My uncle died to cancer, and I know him better than you could ever guess. He would rather have lived his over 50 years and let multiple babies live. My brother in law lost a testicle to cancer, but he had a child just after that, and would have given and still would his life for his daughter. I can say the same for most of my family, including me.

Are your "dead" relatives that selfish that they'd rather an innocent baby which their entire life ahead of them died so they had a few more months to live? That's pretty horrible.

Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    LMAO visit 4chan much?

an embryo is not a human being in other peoples oppinion. i just dont think religious people understand the medical breakthroughs stemcells offer. they just dont get it. How about living 1000 years?
    I'd destory myself before I ever lived 1,000 years in this extremely corrupt world. The 50-70 years(hopefully) in which I will raise a right thinking family is enough.

Religion is the center of all this nonsense. That somehow an embryo is a concious being that shouldnt be spared for the millions of diseased and dying people.

the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act of 2007 would have amended the Public Health Service Act to provide for human embryonic stem cell research. The bill passed the Senate on April 11 by a vote of 63-34, then passed the House on June 7 by a vote of 247-176. But religious nutball george bush vetoed the bill. Maybe not completely banning stemcell research on embryos but delaying it alot nonetheless. how would you feel to have your miricale cure delayed?
    The vetoing of that bill falls directly on George Bush. He is the person that the american people elected to make such decisions. He gets to say on some level where the tax money will go and has the right to say tax money will not go to stem cell research but to the war in Iraq. I think there are many Christians who would agree with you so it is unfortunate that like previously talked about in this thread you are judging a whole group by one member of that group.

I believe a majority of both the house and senate seats are filled with Christians who approved the bill why do you not then see all them as supporters of stem cell research?

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

you can understand where my anger comes from cant you? theres a group of people literally fighting against the largest medical breakthrough immaginable. And the reason why is because of their personal beliefs? And htey are actually successful somewhat!? i mean, if you dont want to use embrionic stemcells because they came from a fetus thats your choice. how a group of people prevents/delays someone elses miracle cure in the name of morality is just backwards.
    You keep saying this but you have yet to tell me how they are being successful?

It is not their fault that no one has stepped up to invest in stem cell research. If it is as promising as you say and I don't doubt that it is why is someone not pumping money in to be on the cutting edge of this medical marvel??

I am not being a smart ass I am asking honest questions since you seem so passionate about it I just don't see how religious people are the ones doing anything to stop or slow stem cell research.

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

What are you linking that for ? This is you saying that religious people outlawed stem cell research which makes no sense as I have already said stem cell research is not illegal. Whats more you have not even shown any influence religious people have had on stem cell research.

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

Well 1/3 of the senate and house votes against it. i can only immagine that these people are the religious nutballs im angry at. Not all religious ppl are nutballs imo but these same people got their little victory when george bush vetoed the cure.
    Saying stem cell research is the "cure" is like saying buying carbon credits is the "cure" for global warming.

"Essentially i hate the religious people who are against stemcell research to be more exact"

the religious people, who are also against stemcell research. People who fit these two criteria. hope that clears up the confusion
    Yep it does actually and I totally understand why you would feel like that. Expecially if you lost someone that might have been saved by the research. At the same time you should hold GB responsible and vote your feelings come election time that is the best way to get your message out brah.

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

Good thing is that both mccain and obama support embryonic stemcell research. Hopefully when this research gets federal funding it will explode
    The thing about them 2 is they are both big flip floppers so you better hope if it gets to them they have not changed their minds. That they are both for stem cell research is more proof of what I was saying before they are both Christians as well.
    Last edited by heathershubby; 08-22-2008 at 11:02 PM.

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

Oh really? So all the research being done on crohns disease involving adult stemcells show almost 100% cure rate doesnt mean stemcells are the cure for this particular disease? the fact is that there are multiple diseases of many types which show the same results. Heart disease for example. The cures for all these have been delayed. Embryonic stemcells can form into any cell which means they can heal anything, this cure was just about to be used widespread and then BANG, religion rears its head up saying "nope, sorry diseased people, you'll have to wait and if your still alive when scientists find a way to clone stemcells which matches our morals, then you get the cure" that's what happened. now you understand my anger. maybe youll understand this is where alot of anger towards religion comes from. Thats what you asked, you got an answer
    Yea, until you provide reputable sources for your claims, it's just more spin. From what I know about scientific theory (college grad, OMG!!!!), it takes many repetitions of the same result to be proven fact.

Also, in personal life, I've known many women who've contemplated abortion and giving their dead baby to science. Luckily, I'm very proud to say I've talked each and every one of them out of it and helped them through the entire gestation, birth and eventual adoption.

nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DukeNukem85
    Good thing is that both mccain and obama support embryonic stemcell research. Hopefully when this research gets federal funding it will explode

It will not do better than adult stem cells NOT taken from murdered embryos. In fact amazing cures have already been accomplished using adult stem cells. It is just a matter of time until that expands to many more ailments, but such will not happen if we devote ourselves as a people to the barbaric murder of babies. God's favor does not rest on such an immoral culture.

the whole point is that real living people who have families have died already because the anti-stemcell movement and the reason is because of delays. Not little microscopic bunches of cells, real ppl. so the question is whats worse real people dying or little wads of cells
    Death is a natural part of life. DO NOT speak to me about Death. I will school you on the deaths of my family, extremely close and far. I've known all the dead in my family close. They are pro LIFE. YES My FAMILY MEMBERS WHO ARE DEAD NOW WERE PRO..................... LIFE! Get real with fetal stem cells. All science points to stem cells harvested from adults being as lucrative as fetal, and we wont have to kill babies to get them.

nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nonAtlas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    the whole point is that real living people who have families have died already because the anti-stemcell movement and the reason is because of delays. Not little microscopic bunches of cells, real ppl. so the question is whats worse real people dying or little wads of cells

No. They have died because of sin and the condition of humanity as victim to sickness and breakdown of the body. Embryos and babies in the womb are real living people, and if you can't value them as such then you have no reason to be taken seriously in your claim that the family members who have croaked should or could have been kept alive by murdering such babies. Believing such a thing proves a person ineligible for mercy.

thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just had a vegemite sandwich

why dont we tell that to the people who died waiting for their fetal stemcells to save them? The best solution would have been to use the fetal stemcells until the adult stemcell method could be perfected. but its too late unless science can learn to raise people from the dead it doesnt matter whether not adult stemcells eventually are equal to fetals.

Your rabid hatred of babies doesn't trump the fact I stated earlier about adult stem cells being the only viable hope right now, as well as the only moral answer. Infant cells have resulted in gross deformities and tumors, whereas adult stem cells have been used to completely restore human hearts to perfection and health. Also livers have started being grown in laboratories and many other organs are in the works. But these take time, just as it took time after the Wright brothers' success before a commercial airliner could be constructed: You have to start small and build as your awareness grows. There is no merit to the notion that baby stem cells are better for the task at hand, and the experience is that the exact opposite is the case.