Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000)

sugar free jello and should I carb up if I can not do cardio

Hey first I love sugar free jello it has saved me and my diet this week time and time agian

Second I am doing CKD and went to the DR today he said I can lift but no walking because I have a real bad infected toe nail. He put me on antibiotics and said if they do not work in 2 weeks he is pulling the nail to save the toe :O

So I can lift but not walk or do cardio should I avoid the carb up days, cut ]back on grams I eat on carb up day or go on like usual?????
    Next stop 250 lbs both my weight and lost 😁

Highest Weight 500lbs +
    Lowest Weight since joining 264lbs

Current 264 lbs

Time to get to my original dream goal

lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i wouldnt carb up till at least ....... you arent over 250 pounds!

heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by lbendall View Post
    i wouldnt carb up till at least ....... you arent over 250 pounds!
    that really doesn't work on the CKD brah I am liftin 3 times a week going to eventually get to 4 or 5 and pushing myself will need to carb up like anyone else. The weight loss is not from lack of carbs on CKD it is from calorie reduction long term.

My carb up days (I have only had 1) are still at a caloric deficit just higher ratio of carbs and lower fat to replace muscle glycogen.

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I actually agree with lbendall, don't worry about carbing up until you have a bodyfat % in the low 20's or high teens. At 5'10'' and 464 lbs you just need to lose weight. Worry about carbing up when muscle is at a premier. Right now you have enough fat on you that getting rid of it should be your number one concern. ITs going to suck, no carb ups, no cheats, no swaying from eating clean keto foods. Do it and then worry about carb ups and the little necessary items (cardio) in about 10-12 months.
    "There are no OFF days, just days you don't go to the gym."

Carb-Up does NOT mean Binge and Cheat!

Long Term Goal:
    225 lbs
    <10% BF

hairylegsby2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hairylegsby2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hairylegsby2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hairylegsby2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hairylegsby2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hairylegsby2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hairylegsby2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hairylegsby2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hairylegsby2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hairylegsby2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hairylegsby2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you said no walking for cardio since the infected toe nail (hope it gets better, had my fair share through yrs of playing rugby) how about switching it up and siting on a bike for a low pace or even the eliptical trainers so there is no pressure on r toes in movement?

Originally Posted by PennState View Post
    I actually agree with lbendall, don't worry about carbing up until you have a bodyfat % in the low 20's or high teens. At 5'10'' and 464 lbs you just need to lose weight. Worry about carbing up when muscle is at a premier. Right now you have enough fat on you that getting rid of it should be your number one concern. ITs going to suck, no carb ups, no cheats, no swaying from eating clean keto foods. Do it and then worry about carb ups and the little necessary items (cardio) in about 10-12 months.
    can you tell how the carb ups are going to affect weight loss long term. I still eat at 500 cals below matinence on carb up days.

I chose CKD because it is a plan I can follow while sticking to 500cals under matinence while eating low carb and the carb up day.

I honest could not go over a year or so at least without a carb up day that is not going to work. I don't want to do atkins. Plus the reason for the carb up day is to replace muscle glucose which I will still need to do when I am lifting.

As long as I keep cals in check I really don't see how a carb up day will effect weight loss please explain.

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

Originally Posted by hairylegsby2 View Post
    you said no walking for cardio since the infected toe nail (hope it gets better, had my fair share through yrs of playing rugby) how about switching it up and siting on a bike for a low pace or even the eliptical trainers so there is no pressure on r toes in movement?
    The Dr said nothing till Antibiotics were done because he wants to give them the best chance of working so he does not have to cut out the nail. I can lift though

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by heathershubby View Post
    can you tell how the carb ups are going to affect weight loss long term. I still eat at 500 cals below matinence on carb up days.

I chose CKD because it is a plan I can follow while sticking to 500cals under matinence while eating low carb and the carb up day.

I honest could not go over a year or so at least without a carb up day that is not going to work. I don't want to do atkins. Plus the reason for the carb up day is to replace muscle glucose which I will still need to do when I am lifting.

As long as I keep cals in check I really don't see how a carb up day will effect weight loss please explain.

Because most people don't eat anywhere near under maintenance during a carb up. Mot people go out and eat whatever they want and then complain about no progress. If you can keep the carb ups to an as needed basis and keep your total daily calories in check than more power to you. I know that most people don't have that will power. I don't mean to sound rough but, if you had a lack of will power to let yourself get up to 400+ lbs what makes you think you will have the will power to keep your carb ups small and clean?

But you do realize that the more fat you have the more you can restrict calorie right? So I would venture to guess you could restrict WAY more than you probably are. With how big you are, you could basically stop eating (fast for 48-72 hours) and see amazing results (minimal muscle loss and a lot of fat loss)
    "There are no OFF days, just days you don't go to the gym."

Carb-Up does NOT mean Binge and Cheat!

Long Term Goal:
    225 lbs
    <10% BF

Originally Posted by PennState View Post
    Because most people don't eat anywhere near under maintenance during a carb up. Mot people go out and eat whatever they want and then complain about no progress. If you can keep the carb ups to an as needed basis and keep your total daily calories in check than more power to you. I know that most people don't have that will power. I don't mean to sound rough but, if you had a lack of will power to let yourself get up to 400+ lbs what makes you think you will have the will power to keep your carb ups small and clean?

But you do realize that the more fat you have the more you can restrict calorie right? So I would venture to guess you could restrict WAY more than you probably are. With how big you are, you could basically stop eating (fast for 48-72 hours) and see amazing results (minimal muscle loss and a lot of fat loss)
    No I use FItday to monitor cals everyday. ON low carb days I am aiming for -1000 at 200g protien, 30 to 50g carbs and the rest from fat.

On carb up days I am aiming for -500 cals 200g Pro and 30% fat the rest carbs.

This was only week one but I ate farily clean and kept my numbers in check no prob.

As for not eating I have a long way to go I am not in any rush mode trying to lose alot of wieght quick that and clinical depression is how I ended up where I am at amoung other health issues.

I am looking to make a life long commitment to CKD and for now cut about 5000cals a week.

I am a big meat and cheese and egg guy but after a week or 2 I need a day to have things like fruit and the occasional fries. I never really have been beaten by will power more not being in the right state of mind and or physical condition.

I made the decision after getting the depression and addiction issues in order to do somthing in aug 08 at 488lbs I did great for 6 months was kncking on the door of the 300's and then started to suffer from physical set backs which led to the depression issues.

When I set my mind to it I can eat right and eating this way is easy but I couldn't do it if I was not able to use the carb up day as a reasurance.

That being said I was thinking without being able to do cardio for a week or two I should lay off the carb ups till then.

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    that really doesn't work on the CKD brah I am liftin 3 times a week going to eventually get to 4 or 5 and pushing myself will need to carb up like anyone else. The weight loss is not from lack of carbs on CKD it is from calorie reduction long term.

My carb up days (I have only had 1) are still at a caloric deficit just higher ratio of carbs and lower fat to replace muscle glycogen.
    No. no carbs till you lose a lot of weight you will not need carbs until you are 14%. You have TONS of stored energy on you bud -- use it, don't throw a cog in the wheel. No excuses, no carbs.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

Originally Posted by MarkVI View Post
    No. no carbs till you lose a lot of weight you will not need carbs until you are 14%. You have TONS of stored energy on you bud -- use it, don't throw a cog in the wheel. No excuses, no carbs.
    Again I am not looking to do atkins please tell me how eating carbs while staying -500cals will hurt wieght loss.

DO you guys know the premise of CKD? The only exercise I have been able to do constantly with back and leg issues is lifting. It is not good to lift 3 to 5 times a week and not recharge muscle glycogen.

Please try and understand I am not doing this as a cut I am planning on making it a lifestyle.What does bodyfat % have to do with carb ups?

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Again I am not looking to do atkins please tell me how eating carbs while staying -500cals will hurt wieght loss.

DO you guys know the premise of CKD? The only exercise I have been able to do constantly with back and leg issues is lifting. It is not good to lift 3 to 5 times a week and not recharge muscle glycogen.

Please try and understand I am not doing this as a cut I am planning on making it a lifestyle.What does bodyfat % have to do with carb ups?
    I am trying to carb up every 4 - 6 weeks... I have at a steady weight loss so far... I would wait at least a month, before thinking about a first carb up... then maybe every 2 - 4 weeks, and then adjust it based on your needs...

good luck...

Originally Posted by Korry1 View Post
    I am trying to carb up every 4 - 6 weeks... I have at a steady weight loss so far... I would wait at least a month, before thinking about a first carb up... then maybe every 2 - 4 weeks, and then adjust it based on your needs...

good luck...
    thanks man

I just started last friday and yesterday was my first but I definatly think I will wait at least 4 weeks for another. Are you monitering your cals as well? If so what kind of deficit are you aiming for and how many carbs do you let yourself have a day ????

I based my diet on the stickies but I am starting to think I am the only one who read them lol

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I am very familiar with CKD. it is not "bad"to lift often without carbups. Your body will repair just fine without it. Yoou have so much extra energy tha you don't need to worry about losing muscle. Your body fat oddly enough is protein sparring.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    thanks man

I just started last friday and yesterday was my first but I definatly think I will wait at least 4 weeks for another. Are you monitering your cals as well? If so what kind of deficit are you aiming for and how many carbs do you let yourself have a day ????

I based my diet on the stickies but I am starting to think I am the only one who read them lol
    yeah, no prob...

been using fitday... try dietfacts.com they have a lot more brands, and you can directly add the food items to fitday... however, I found that I would have to use "customize food" option to add food items not listed in fitday...

I have not been using fitday lately, as I usually eat the same items weekly, therefore I got myself use to approximately my caloric intake at this point...

I usually go with a macro percentage breakdown of:

65% calories from fats / 30% calories from proteins / 5% calories from carbs

total calories for me are between 2200 - 2600... (which is about 200 - 500 calories below maintenance for me)

I plan on reversing those macros for my carb up as in:

65% calories from carbs / 30% calories from proteins / 5% calories from fats

1st 12 hours would probably be simple sugars, 2nd 12 hours complex carbs, and then back to Keto again...

MarkIV is a very good resource to learn about CKD as well, I believe he has done SKD/CKD for about 2 years now, at least

(a lot longer than I have... )

TheTrez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

good luck...
    This is what i do, and if u are worried about carb cravings they will go away after a few weeks. You dont NEED to carb up, but it dosnt mean you cant, it just depends on how fast u wanna lose weight. Carb=ups slow progress by taking you out of ketosis then u waist another 1-3 days getting back into ketosis, the longer you stay in the better.

I am very familiar with CKD. it is not "bad"to lift often without carbups. Your body will repair just fine without it. Yoou have so much extra energy tha you don't need to worry about losing muscle. Your body fat oddly enough is protein sparring.
    There is no way I can go more then a year without a carb up day. I am really happy with the low carbs but I picked CKD cause I can go 2 weeks to a month without carbs but not over a year. I find it alot easier to stick to weight loss cals on keto and have way less hunger but not enough to go that long brah

yeah, no prob... been using fitday... try dietfacts.com they have a lot more brands, and you can directly add the food items to fitday... however, I found that I would have to use "customize food" option to add food items not listed in fitday...

I have not been using fitday lately, as I usually eat the same items weekly, therefore I got myself use to approximately my caloric intake at this point...

total calories for me are between 2200 - 2600... (which is about 200 - 500 calories below maintenance for me)

1st 12 hours would probably be simple sugars, 2nd 12 hours complex carbs, and then back to Keto again...

MarkIV is a very good resource to learn about CKD as well, I believe he has done SKD/CKD for about 2 years now, at least
    I am not trying to come off as an a hole sorry if that is how it sounded I am real new to CKD but I read through all the stickies and it never said anything about not carbing up till you get to a certain fat percentage if it did I would not have chose this diet.

Originally Posted by TheTrez View Post
    This is what i do, and if u are worried about carb cravings they will go away after a few weeks. You dont NEED to carb up, but it dosnt mean you cant, it just depends on how fast u wanna lose weight. Carb=ups slow progress by taking you out of ketosis then u waist another 1-3 days getting back into ketosis, the longer you stay in the better.
    I am ok with that once every three weeks or month. I have years to go and just had blood work and a physical done there is no internal issues just back leg and now toe issues. Blood heart ect are all good. Actually when the dr came into the room he said if I didn't know this was you I would not believe it now go take care of this weight issue.

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    god damn , at least do them bi weekly if you insist on doing carbups

There is no way I can go more then a year without a carb up day. I am really happy with the low carbs but I picked CKD cause I can go 2 weeks to a month without carbs but not over a year. I find it alot easier to stick to weight loss cals on keto and have way less hunger but not enough to go that long brah

yeah, no prob... been using fitday... try dietfacts.com they have a lot more brands, and you can directly add the food items to fitday... however, I found that I would have to use "customize food" option to add food items not listed in fitday...

I am not trying to come off as an a hole sorry if that is how it sounded I am real new to CKD but I read through all the stickies and it never said anything about not carbing up till you get to a certain fat percentage if it did I would not have chose this diet.

I am ok with that once every three weeks or month. I have years to go and just had blood work and a physical done there is no internal issues just back leg and now toe issues. Blood heart ect are all good. Actually when the dr came into the room he said if I didn't know this was you I would not believe it now go take care of this weight issue.

I am really sorry If I came off as being an a hole honest I did't mean too and trust me there will be reps all around on recharge for the help

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

Do what you have to do man....When I was 280 at 17 and 5'6'' the only thing I cared about was being able to live a normal life. Something that is impossible for the obese.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

hey brah thanks but can you please not use the Lords name like that it really bothers me. Thanks for the advice though really I do appreciate it thats why I am appologizing for comming off as a d bag I didn't mean it that way I just really wanted to do what the stickies said so I didn't F this up. I want to do it for good long haul lifestyle thing I think it is my best chance at success

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

Do what you have to do man....When I was 280 at 17 and 5'6'' the only thing I cared about was being able to live a normal life. Something that is impossible for the obese.
    Sorry if I pissed ya off bud but if I say I am not going to carb up at all I would either be lying or setting my self up for failure I know I can not to that.Just trying to be honest.

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

TheTrez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow, just checked out ur pics, great job man.

Sorry if I pissed ya off bud but if I say I am not going to carb up at all I would either be lying or setting my self up for failure I know I can not to that.Just trying to be honest.
    No not pissd off at all man! I know you really gotta do what ya gotta do to stay sane! I just read that the doc said you're healthy -- so there's not an emergyency on this thing !

I If'd at Red Robin everyday for the first 80 lbs.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

No not pissd off at all man! I know you really gotta do what ya gotta do to stay sane! I just read that the doc said you're healthy -- so there's not an emergyency on this thing !

I If'd at Red Robin everyday for the first 80 lbs.
    yeah I got the blood work cause I told him I was going to do this diet and he said no prob as long as you get your blood work done every 6 months so we can make sure you lipids are ok.

He actually was really cool and said he wanted to see my food journals and he wanted to see green stuff and olive oil everyday

Then I went back today with the infected toe nail and he was like you will do anything to get out of walking lol.

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

Then I went back today with the infected toe nail and he was like you will do anything to get out of walking lol.
    Haha, thats kinda funny.

Haha, thats kinda funny.
    yeah he is really always with the jokes. Its good for me I am a joker too. I bought some things on e bay steady for a while and when we go to camp in the summer I shave a mohawk (I am a youth pastor) the kids loved it and it became a tradition. I went to see him shortly after camp and he said I know you are getting good deals on e bay but you should stick too paying full price for your haircuts lol.

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

I am going to try and do it monthly brah I think I can do that fo sho

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

Aweome , goodluck!

Aweome , goodluck!
    thanks bro and thanks for the advice I wish I could do no carbs ever maybe after a while I can start stretching times between carb ups. Thanks again

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs