darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thinking of starting football

Whats the best type of player i can be with my 200 pounds build? and 5'10 and about 15-18 % fat
    and pretty fast and realy strong (power lifter)
    Last edited by darknessWithin; 08-25-2008 at 07:08 AM.

Amabala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amabala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amabala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amabala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amabala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amabala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amabala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amabala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amabala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DT or LB..depending on how fast you are.
    Qb.
    Height:6'1
    Weight:175

Bench:250
    Squat:340
    Deadlift:335
    Clean:230

40:4.68
    Vertical:30"

There are great football teams...then there is Alabama.
    ROLL TIDE.

Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Linebacker...But some more information on how athletic you are would help.

darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    not sure about times but i lift 20 kilos with each hand also i do abs with 36 kilos
    also i do leg extensions with 130 kilos
    I do Seated Leg Curl with 75 kilos
    not sure how this translates to a squat
    I do Cable Rope Rear-Delt Rows with 67.5 kilos
    I do Side Laterals with 12.5 kilos
    I do Machine Bench Press with 80 kilos
    all of the values are 70% of max
    Last edited by darknessWithin; 08-25-2008 at 08:52 AM.

Most Muscular Metallicats Metallicats826's Avatar
    Metallicats826 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metallicats826 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metallicats826 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metallicats826 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metallicats826 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metallicats826 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metallicats826 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metallicats826 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metallicats826 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metallicats826 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metallicats826 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Matt_SD View Post
    Linebacker...But some more information on how athletic you are would help.
    what level of football are you playing? and yes, some mention of how athletic you are would definately help. things like how fast you are (40yd dash, pro-agility) and strength (bench, squat, hang/power clean) would be the best pieces of information if you knew them
    The strong do what they can, the weak do what they must

Supplements:
    BB.com free samples
    Green Mag

--------------------------------------
    Fully ActivaTed: Metallicats Does It Up With ActivaTe Xtreme (Finished)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106804571

Realy no idea on the 40 yards or the squats
    im a beginner in football the only thing im good at is power and loads of it

Most Muscular Metallicats Metallicats826's Avatar
    Metallicats826 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metallicats826 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metallicats826 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metallicats826 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metallicats826 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metallicats826 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metallicats826 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metallicats826 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metallicats826 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metallicats826 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metallicats826 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by darknessWithin View Post
    well, with adequate strength and i'm assuming your quick and at your size, i would suggest that you try to play either Outside Linebackerb or Safety
    The strong do what they can, the weak do what they must

Supplements:
    BB.com free samples
    Green Mag

--------------------------------------
    Fully ActivaTed: Metallicats Does It Up With ActivaTe Xtreme (Finished)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106804571

petedog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petedog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petedog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petedog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petedog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petedog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petedog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petedog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petedog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petedog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petedog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your speed is really going to matter. Pretty fast is too subjective. Have a friend time you in the 40.

does the waist have anything to do with football?

rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Whats the best type of player i can be with my 200 pounds build? and 5'10 and about 15-18 % fat
    Football started about 2 months without you. You best be getting in gear or you'll be left waaaaaaaaaay behind.

cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    not sure about times but i lift 20 kilos with each hand also i do abs with 36 kilos
    also i do leg extensions with 130 kilos
    I do Seated Leg Curl with 75 kilos
    not sure how this translates to a squat
    I do Cable Rope Rear-Delt Rows with 67.5 kilos
    I do Side Laterals with 12.5 kilos
    I do Machine Bench Press with 80 kilos
    all of the values are 70% of max
    How are u a power lifter and not know how much u squat.......*edit*and Guard....FB....DL....LB depending on ur speed

neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    does the waist have anything to do with football?
    is this a joke? what kinda football? your 20 and never played? you have no stats, just sayin fast n powerful means nothing..

and what do you mean waist?

Dward2204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward2204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward2204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward2204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward2204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward2204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward2204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward2204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward2204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward2204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward2204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Depending on your speed you could probably be a defensive end or a Running back. Linebacker would probably be best though it sounds like
    Stay hungry, stay healthy, be a gentleman, believe strongly in yourself and go beyond limitations- Arnold Schwarzenegger

showtyme333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) showtyme333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) showtyme333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) showtyme333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    your 20, JUST NOW going to try to play (college level?) don't know how fast you are, obviously don't squat (yet are somehow a powerlifter), and are asking if your waist has anything to do with football... Tell them you want to play Runningback... lol, then let us know how it went.

DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your machine bench is under 200.... I can bench over 250 on a machine and I struggle with barbell reps over 150.... I guess powerlifting must be in my future?

I suggest you play tryouts first and have the coaches tell you.
    If you're not willing to get your diet in check, then your supplements and gym membership are a waste of money.

Been an athlete for 11 years just not football theres no football here but im moving to one of the usa states soon so i wanna give it a try i do 80k which is 176 6 times which means my max is about 204 yeah weak i guess my chest is my weak point right now

maverick000 is just really nice. (+1000) maverick000 is just really nice. (+1000) maverick000 is just really nice. (+1000) maverick000 is just really nice. (+1000) maverick000 is just really nice. (+1000) maverick000 is just really nice. (+1000) maverick000 is just really nice. (+1000) maverick000 is just really nice. (+1000) maverick000 is just really nice. (+1000) maverick000 is just really nice. (+1000) maverick000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    how can you be a powerlifter if you do not squat?
    Knowing others is wisdom;
    knowing the self is enlightenment.
    Mastering others requires force;
    mastering the self needs strength.

Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your kinda past the age to "start" football. Youd have to walk on a college team....which if youve never played before, is pure impossible. A very hard, physically and mentally demanding game.....
    Benes

MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You could probably join some kind of league where it's just for people that want to play football for fun yet competitively, lol. I know for sure there are flag football tournaments where you form your own team and stuff. I don't know if there is actual tackle football you could play (with pads) except in college or some place for adults.
    *****OFFICIAL MISC PHOTOGRAPHY CREW*****
    ◄FILMM∆KERS CR€W►
    ϟ CHARGERS CREW ϟ

"You don't need God to know good people exist, but you need good people to know God exists."
    -MarkA15

Im also an ex boxer so ive been to tough sports
    well reason i want to maybe try some college football is im joining a college and i want to take part in one of the sports being an athlete and all
    seeing as football is based on power and speed if you have one or both of them you should be able to play even with 0% experience being very though in nature im thinking this is a very good sport for me
    I also play semi pro level tennis but it doesnt look like my college has it ...
    Last edited by darknessWithin; 08-26-2008 at 01:06 PM.

joshlavwaa14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshlavwaa14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshlavwaa14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshlavwaa14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshlavwaa14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshlavwaa14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshlavwaa14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshlavwaa14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    seeing as football is based on power and speed if you have one or both of them you should be able to play even with 0% experience being very though in nature im thinking this is a very good sport for me
    says who?

Thats the funniest thing I've ever heard in my life...
    Bench-305x1
    Squat-505x1
    Deadlift-485x1
    Vertical-34"
    40 YD- 4.48 sec

Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Im also an ex boxer so ive been to tough sports
    well reason i want to maybe try some college football is im joining a college and i want to take part in one of the sports being an athlete and all
    I also play semi pro level tennis but it doesnt look like my college has it ...
    You really have no idea what it takes to be even a decent football player. You have to know the game, every aspect of it. I really hope your joking after this last post! Ive played football since the 2nd grade and made All-State honors my senior year in high school and at best, I could have played for a small college if I put on some size and got faster.

Originally Posted by joshlavwaa14 View Post
    says who?

Thats the funniest thing I've ever heard in my life...
    ^I completely agree, its probably one of the hardest sports to get good at.
    Benes

I know every aspect of the game the rules the plays everything
    So if i have good stats a couch wouldnt accept me?

notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Tyler44 View Post
    You really have no idea what it takes to be even a decent football player. You have to know the game, every aspect of it. I really hope your joking after this last post! Ive played football since the 2nd grade and made All-State honors my senior year in high school and at best, I could have played for a small college if I put on some size and got faster.

^I completely agree, its probably one of the hardest sports to get good at.
    what position you play?

Originally Posted by notamuppet View Post
    what position you play?
    I used to play inside linebacker/tight end. Small school so I played both ways and all special teams except PAT.(serious). Im not trying to e-brag just give him a realistic idea of how hard it is to play college ball.

OP, good luck. Im not saying you wont be able to walk on a team, but it will not be easy. I hope your training now, and know the game. But even that doesnt mean youll be able to make it. You need experience, and lots of it. Everyone here in the states playing college ball have played HS ball, junior high ball, and most likely biddee league football so youll be behind them on expereince note.
    Benes

Training right now yes mostly explosive movements which training do you recommend?
    so should i give it a try?

It wont hurt to give it a shot, what do you have to lose?
    Benes