cDuBs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need HELP with new routine.

Hi all, I started lifting around May and look to change my routine. I have been doing 3x 10s with Mon(chest/arms) Tues(back shoulders) thurs(legs/abs) Fri(chest/arms). It hasnt worked out all that great but probably because im new to lifting. Anyways Im looking for some help on designing my next routine. At the moment I want to bulk and gain mass.

-Is 6 reps or 10 reps per set better for mass?

Routine will look like this:
    Mon - Chest
    Tues - Back
    Wed - Legs
    Thur - Arms
    Fri - Shoulders

Im looking to do a 5 day split but I really don't know how many sets I should be doing per day... or what LIFTS I should be doing that day for that muscle group.

If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!
    Aint nothin to it but to do it.

RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There are a number of stickies that will help you out with this. It is a rather complicated thing and you have to create something that will work for you.

There are a lot of people who are going to want to tell you to do Rippetoes and Starting Strength. There is nothing wrong with the workouts, but be prepared for those responses. Since you are new to this these 2 workouts may be a good thing to do for the next few weeks while you figure out what sort of split you want to do afterward.

cDuBs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RickRolld View Post
    There are a number of stickies that will help you out with this. It is a rather complicated thing and you have to create something that will work for you.

There are a lot of people who are going to want to tell you to do Rippetoes and Starting Strength. There is nothing wrong with the workouts, but be prepared for those responses. Since you are new to this these 2 workouts may be a good thing to do for the next few weeks while you figure out what sort of split you want to do afterward.
    Yea.... I have been lifting for almost 4 months now and I dont like my routine which is why I asked. I REALLY wanna try a 5 day split but just clueless on what to do really.
    Aint nothin to it but to do it.

RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ok.

Try this.

Monday- Chest

4 sets of 8-10 reps for flat bench bench press or dumbbell bench press, incline bench press or incline dumbbell bench press, and 3 sets of dips while leaning forward as far as you can. Do abs on this day as well.

Tuesday- Back

4 sets of 8-10 reps of lat pulldown or pullups, t-bar row, and unilateral dumbbell rows. Do calves on this day as well.

Wednesday- Shoulders

4 sets of 8-10 reps of military press, side lateral raises, wide-grip upright rows, bent-over raises, and shrugs. Do abs as well.

Thursday- Arms

4 sets of 8-10 reps of bicep curl, preacher curl, skullcrushers, and unilateral overhead tricep extensions, and forearm curls.

Friday- Legs

6 sets of 8-10 reps of leg press and/or squat, 4 sets of lunges or machine squat, 2-3 sets of leg extensions, 8 sets of leg curls.

You can add in deadlifts to back or leg day, but be careful to use proper form if you do.