Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

Week 169 :: How Can One Increase Their Sex Drive?

------------------------------------------------------------
    * Note: How can I win? 1. Answer all questions in the order that they are asked. 2. Go over reviews (located at the bottom of past TOTW articles) and see what was said about those that did not win. Good Luck!

TOPIC: How Can One Increase Their Sex Drive?

For the week of: August 20th - September 2nd
    Tuesday @ Midnight Is The Final Cut (Mountain Time, US & Canada).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whether you're a man or a woman you may notice a decrease in your sex drive, but don't panic, there are plenty of ways to boost your libido.

What are some causes for a decrease in sex drive?

How can a male increase his sex drive?

How can a female increase her sex drive?

Are supplements a good option? If so, which ones?

-------------------------------------------------------------

* New Rule (beginning: June 1st, 2006): Any exercise not listed on our exercise listing (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm) must be accompanied by a full and complete description and pictures (or a link to the exercise(s) where pictures and description are given).

Thanks.

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

The best response will get $75 in credit to use in our online store! The other good responses will be used in an article on the main Bodybuilding.com site, with the poster's forum name listed by it. Become famous!

Thanks,
    Will
    Webmaster
    Bodybuilding.com
    Last edited by webmaster; 08-29-2008 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Extened one week! Now's your chance. Let's get something good on here!
    twitter.com/i_am_the_goat

Time to make a change! Mighty Kev's Avatar
    Mighty Kev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Kev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Kev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Kev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Kev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Kev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Kev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Kev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Kev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Kev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Kev is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm gonna get back into enterring these again this week. Hopefully they continue posting the winner for the older ones, I check them almost daily to see if I've won the ones from May.

mrkdrt is a name known to all. (+5000) mrkdrt is a name known to all. (+5000) mrkdrt is a name known to all. (+5000) mrkdrt is a name known to all. (+5000) mrkdrt is a name known to all. (+5000) mrkdrt is a name known to all. (+5000) mrkdrt is a name known to all. (+5000) mrkdrt is a name known to all. (+5000) mrkdrt is a name known to all. (+5000) mrkdrt is a name known to all. (+5000) mrkdrt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    good topic

I expect some good articles coming...
    My secret?

Acai and the Ab Circle Pro.

But srsly, PM me for any advice

moliva1015 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moliva1015 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moliva1015 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moliva1015 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moliva1015 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moliva1015 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moliva1015 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moliva1015 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moliva1015 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moliva1015 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moliva1015 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Honestly, I do hope someone responds to this question with some good insight. I spent 3.5 years of my life with a man who left me because I had no sex drive. We loved each other more than life itself, but there was nothing I could do, and how fair is it to hold the one you love hostage to a sex-less relationship? So, I, in particular, would LOVE to get some advice.. especially from any women who may share this same struggle!!
    bibles&&barbells

Taken and not looking LatinaLoca's Avatar
    LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm going to take a swing at answering this lol. First thought that comes to mind is imagination. I think a HUGE part of having a happy sex life and sex drive is having an active imagination. In fact I'd guess it's close to 90% mental and only 10% physical! Don't believe me? Try thinking about having sex with a person that you aren't remotely attracted to. How far did you get lol? Some people meditate to calm nerves and feel more centered in life. So why not meditating over things that make one happy on a sexual level! Have problems thinking of what satisfies you? Read a romance novel, playboy/girl, watch a explicit video to get the imagination going. Get rid of the guilt and just do it!

Get your hormones checked by a doctor. It could be that the lack of drive is caused by a hormone imbalance. Don't be afraid to talk with your doctor, communication, in any relationship (professional or otherwise), is key. Now understand that just because there isn't a hormone based reason doesn't exclude that there might be underlying psychological issues. Sometimes the way were raised to view sex (dirty, nasty, not supposed to be enjoyed, etc.) can contribute to the lack of drive or perhaps it was a major trauma like rape.

Just relax, stress can also cause a decrease in libido! So maybe some extra time at the gym is in order . Work that stress out and don't forget to sleep. Lack of sleep only contributes to the problem of stress.

In short, take care of your mind, body and soul. They all need to be nurtured to have harmony.

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by LatinaLoca; 08-20-2008 at 06:08 PM.
    Sheepdog # 16
    ...she's an angel with no halo and one wing in the fire...
    ~If you can't bother to thank somebody for the help they gave don't bother asking for it again.~
    TwiloMike, never forgotten. RIP
    "Strength and power are only gained through perseverance." Tryn2getstrong

Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have a relatively low sex drive...

I mean I love to get down, but its more out of desire then necessity... I could handle being without it for a good while... I think it partly may be that my brother got all the testosterone (his drive is out of control!)

I won't take testosterone boosting supplements cuz of the effect it would have on my mood, but I try to increase it naturally...

High fat diet, lots of powerlifting and leg workouts, plenty of arginine (hehe), and a lot of sleep...

Anyone know the effect a keto diet would have on T? I'd assume positive cuz of all the fat...
    Last edited by Kyle.Lgk; 08-22-2008 at 12:26 AM.
    It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential - Bruce Lee
    www.kylelouismusic.com

DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000) DeXyrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    not dating me

by copying me

being with me

nope, just piitv

ill think about it and hopefully get a serious post in.

X
    On the first day, man created God. - Anonymous
    Canada is America's hat.

Bench: 235
    Squat: 275
    Deadlift: 335
    Power Clean: 200

Powerlift: 845

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106696351

Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ZMA works for me pretty well.

Also if you are all amped out to lift some it's a great time to get down... cardio before the gym.
    NASM CPT
    ISSA CFT

I do it because I can
    I can because I want to
    I want to because you say I can't

zachy-chan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zachy-chan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zachy-chan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zachy-chan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

simple.... avoid masterbation at all costs
    ~Animus Deus~

Rcoop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rcoop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rcoop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rcoop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rcoop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rcoop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rcoop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rcoop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rcoop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rcoop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rcoop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by zachy-chan View Post
    x2
    However, masturbation is key when considering a bag face. Just let it out man.

240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i agree with this man.
    Drew's Deployed BSN Stack-tacular (NOW WITH EVEN MORE GST!!):

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122393951

Chakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chakra will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wink sexdrive poll

decreased sex drive= physical injury, hormonal imbalances, erectile dysfunction, fatigue, some medications, psychological impairments. complacency

men can address the above issues as well as women.....however; never heard of female 'erectile' dysfunction LOL

for me, trust goes a long way in opening up sexually to a partner.... i also practice the Tantra with a long term lover....let me tell you a man greatly benefits from this practice and the woman reaps the benefits!

supps=depends on what the shortage is... so could be appropriate

I don't give the green light just cuz the flag is at full mast! lol
    ?Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart?

Chakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chakra will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chakra will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you got that right....knew this guy who prefered his hand to a vagina....couldn't get it up unless his hand was involved....too much psychological conditioning to his hand! a real girl pleaser! lol
    ?Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart?

sexy1972 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sexy1972 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sexy1972 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sexy1972 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sexy1972 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sexy1972 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sexy1972 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sexy1972 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sexy1972 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sexy1972 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sexy1972 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I expect my man to be affectionate, loving, and a good listener. When I get what I need from him, I feel sexy and want to have sex.
    If he takes out the trash or folds laundry... mmm.. that can lead to many more dirty things.
    I have always believed you must know what you need from a partner and what they need from you. When both your emotional needs are met, the sparks fly.

asalways has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) asalways has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) asalways has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) asalways has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) asalways has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) asalways has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) asalways has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) asalways has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) asalways has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) asalways has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) asalways has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post How Can One Increase Their Sex Drive?

Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    * Note: How can I win? 1. Answer all questions in the order that they are asked. 2. Go over reviews (located at the bottom of past TOTW articles) and see what was said about those that did not win. Good Luck!

TOPIC: How Can One Increase Their Sex Drive?

For the week of: August 20th - August 26th
    Tuesday @ Midnight Is The Final Cut (Mountain Time, US & Canada).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whether you're a man or a woman you may notice a decrease in your sex drive, but don't panic, there are plenty of ways to boost your libido.

-------------------------------------------------------------

* New Rule (beginning: June 1st, 2006): Any exercise not listed on our exercise listing (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm) must be accompanied by a full and complete description and pictures (or a link to the exercise(s) where pictures and description are given).

Thanks.

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

The best response will get $75 in credit to use in our online store! The other good responses will be used in an article on the main Bodybuilding.com site, with the poster's forum name listed by it. Become famous!

Thanks,
    Will
    Webmaster
    Bodybuilding.com
    Week 169: How Can One Increase Their Sex Drive?

Whether you're a man or a woman you may notice a decrease in your sex drive, but don't panic, there are plenty of ways to boost your libido. A decrease in sex drive can stem from physical conditions or psychological problems.

There are many causes for a decrease in sex drive, and every individual, whether a male or a female has his own reasons for the dysfunction. Some of the causes for a decrease in sex drive are listed as under:
    ? Psychological Factors: Stress, fear and anxiety are the major factors that can decrease sex desire. Anxiousness and fear over an ability to perform in bed or to satisfy a partner may sometimes lead to "spectatoring," in which individuals are so concerned about monitoring the experience that they are unable to enjoy it. Other issues like the size of the organ, orgasm completion simultaneously can be the factors for lower sexual desire.
    ? Drugs and Alcohol: Many men and women report that alcohol has a numbing effect on their sex desire. Research has proved that alcohol has no role in increasing sex drive, rather it decreases the libido. Also many drugs, such as anti-depressants to treat anxiety or depression; anti-psychotic drugs to treat severe mental disorders; anti-hypertensive agents to treat high blood pressure, may interfere with arousal and the ability to achieve orgasm.
    ? Obesity or Anorexia: Women come in all shapes and sizes, and in most cases, weight is irrelevant to sex drive. However, those who are medically obese may be deficient in certain sex hormones that can influence desire. They may also feel less sexually attractive and may therefore avoid intimate contact. Same is true with Anorexia too. People with obesity also have a lower blood flow, which does not ensure enough blood supply to the genitals during love-making or intercourse.
    ? Illness: Various diseases have been reported to decrease the sex drive. Several of them have been found to directly reduce sex drive: 1. Addison?s Disease in which the adrenal glands (glands located above the kidneys that produce many of the body's hormones) fail. 2. Cushing?s Syndrome, a condition caused by high levels of a hormone called cortisol in the body over a long period of time; 3. Diseases of the pituitary gland, a gland located near the brain that produces many important hormones.
    In many Cases, it is not the disease itself, but rather the medications used to treat the disease, that reduces a woman's sex drive. This is particularly true of high blood pressure medications and some diuretics. Other conditions that may affect sexual function include:
    o Cancer
    o Arthritis
    o Diabetes
    o Kidney disease
    o Spinal cord Injury
    o Epilepsy
    o Thyroid Disorders

? Menopause: It means the end of menstrual cycle in females. In this stage, it takes her longer to get aroused, hence less sexual desire. Lack of estrogen also causes dryness in the vagina, which makes a considerable decrease in libido.
    ? Pregnancy: Changes in hormone levels can affect her physically and emotionally during her pregnancy As a result, her desire for sex may temporarily change, but it can be also opposite in many cases
    ? Relationship Issues: If there is a poor relationship between a couple, chances are high that there will be a decrease in the sex drive, as they wont understand and compliment each other well.
    ? Sexual Abuse: It is a deeply traumatic experience and may lead to fear and avoidance of sexual experiences later in life. Some women who have been victims of past abuse are afraid to trust a man; others respond to these negative experiences by losing sexual desire altogether.

A male can increase his sex drive by the following ways:
    ? He should try to remove all psychological issues, which concern him. Examples being stress, shyness, fear of not performing, etc.
    ? Avoid Excessive masturbation, as it leads to loss of libido. Perform the sex only in real round.
    ? A male should resort to a healthy diet. The foods he should take regularly are: Salmon, cottage cheese, steak and low-fat yogurt. Foods rich in Omega ? 3 increase the blood flow around the body and to the genitals and are vital for fighting impotence. Inclusion of dry fruits, such as almonds, cashews, walnuts, etc, act as aphrodisiacs, and naturally boost up the libido. Cherries, raspberries, blackcurrants and aubergines are rich in anthocyanins an antioxidant that prevents fatty deposits on the walls of blood vessels keeping blood running smoothly. Low levels of iron can also cause fatigue and kill sex drive, so a male should eat plenty of lean red meat, dark turkey meat, chicken, eggs and oily fish; all of these are a good source of iron.
    ? Exercise should become a part of his daily routine. Exercise enables men to remain fit and promote healthy blood flow to the genital area. Men should try Kegel Exercises. These exercises strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. He can do them by tightening and then relaxing the pelvic floor muscles (it's as if you are starting and stopping the flow of urine). Kegel exercises can improve sensation during sex and also can decrease urinary incontinence (many cases of incontinence are linked to weakened muscles).
    ? Treatment of certain diseases which affect the sexual desire. It will certainly help.
    ? Lastly, a male should not feel shy of his low sex drive. He should make every effort to increase his drive and live a healthy life. Shyness will only mar the show.

Well, frankly speaking, understanding the female sex drive is a very complex phenomenon. A female in most cases likes to be loved, and she gets aroused by love rather than plain sex. It drives them naturally to sex. For the others, who are not in the list, here are some valuable tips to increase the sex drive:
    ? A female should learn to communicate freely and effectively with her partner to gain the most from her shared sexual experience.
    ? Considering counselling to help, and her partner talk through any sexual frustrations and open up to each another.
    ? Realising that exploring her own body is a healthy way for a woman to learn what truly arouses her.
    ? If a female faces serious psychological issues, particularly prior sexual abuse, it is crucial to get help from a mental health professional.
    ? By not falling into the common trap of believing that only intercourse "counts" as sex. Touching, kissing, and holding can all be good ways of overcoming obstacles due to illness, and can add intimacy to a relationship.
    ? As with the males, females should also take proper nutrition and exercise daily to increase their blood flow to the genitals and reduce the daily stress. (It is already discussed under the heading of males). Kegel?s Exercises can also be helpful for females too.

Supplements can be a good option, provided they are taken with a good combination of diet and exercise, and treatment of any disease leading to lower sexual desires. Some of the supplements which can be beneficial in improving sexual desire are as under:

Ginseng:

Korean Ginseng has been used in China as a sexual balancer and revitalizing tonic for thousands of years. It is stimulating and restorative and helps improve physical and mental energy, stamina, strength and alertness as an adaptogen, it also helps to combat physical, emotional stress and fatigue.It has a normalizing effect on hormone imbalances and increases metabolic rate and improves blood flow to the genitals. We know stress and tiredness are sex drive killers so by your diet right and taking proven supplements to enhance your sexual mood, you will feel healthier and have a stronger sex drive. Among Ginseng, prefer Korean Red Ginseng, because it is much effective than other varieties of Ginseng, such as Korean, Panax, American in increasing blood flow to the genital area. Adequate water should be taken daily when taking Ginseng. Doses of 600 mg ? 1200 mg a day will suffice for increasing sexual desire.

L-Arginine:

This nutrient is highly important for peak male sexual health and is probably the BEST Supplement you can take for male sexual wellbeing. Unlike many other supposed sex drive boosters; this one is medically proven to enhance sex drive in healthy males. Current studies support the use of argentine supplements to ensure that nitric oxide secretion is sufficient to keep blood flowing to the penis. Nitric oxide insufficiency can stop the penis from becoming erect. A recent study showed an 80 percent improvement in the erectile function of men who took about 2.8 grams of argentine a day for two weeks.

There are other supplements in the market too for increasing sexual desire. Some of them are Macca, Horny Goat Weed, Yohimbine, Gingko Biloba and other herbs. But research indicates that either they have lesser impact or have adverse side effects. So they should be avoided or taken with the recommendation of a doctor only.

Bodybuilding.com has varieties of libido boosters. You can give them a try only after a proper recommendation by a doctor or a health care professional. You can try out yourselves.
    ASalways

JIMMY SHOWTIME has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JIMMY SHOWTIME has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JIMMY SHOWTIME has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JIMMY SHOWTIME has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JIMMY SHOWTIME has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JIMMY SHOWTIME has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JIMMY SHOWTIME has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JIMMY SHOWTIME has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JIMMY SHOWTIME has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JIMMY SHOWTIME has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JIMMY SHOWTIME has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    watch porn.

nuff said.
    I am the Alpha and Omega

Mavrik184 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mavrik184 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mavrik184 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mavrik184 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mavrik184 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mavrik184 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

GOD makes everything better

For a great sex drive here is a quick list of do's and dont's, which most certainly can also be unabridged, but here are some the highlights. I'll be happy to expound on them later if asked. However, until then:

DO:

1. Go to Church at least once a week from the start of the service to the very end.

2. Seek a true and active relationship with God. Not just one of duty & obligation, or when you need something.

3. Love your wife/husband passionately during everything, not just when they are being wonderful. The key is to be as loving when they are not as nice as they should be. This leads to the next point.

4. Lead by example.

5. Read things that will help strengthen your soul (i.e. the Bible, but also other books. Authors like C.S. Lewis, Max Lucado, Rick Warren, & Joel Osteen are great). And read them with your spouse (one chapter a night is all you need, or one Bible passage).

6. Think positive -- ALL THE TIME! The glass is always 1/2 full.

7. Finally, dedicate as much time to your spiritual well-being as you do to your physical well-being. Pick up a book, go for a walk, have some quiet time.

And now the flipside:

1. DON'T PUT GOD ON THE BACK BURNER. You go to work to enrich yourself financially. You go to the gym to enrich yourself physically. You go out and meet people to enrich yourself socially. School is for mental enrichment. What do you do for your soul? That is the most important element. On your soul, all things are built.

2. Don't lose control of your emotions. This does not equate to "turn yourself into a cold-hearted fiend," but instead means don't fly off the handle. No Road Rage, no impatience, no lack of faith. What's wrong with you? Are you a man or beast? What separates you from a gorilla? YOUR MIND! Use it!

3. Don't be a consistent TV-watcher. If you have to turn it on, try to keep it for only a short a period of time. Watch what you must, and forget the rest. The key is to minimize TV. Who cares if you missed the game or the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy? In the grand scheme of things, it didn't matter.

4. Don't listen to music that is not in accordance with the new you. How can you be positive and strong when you are listening to someone sing about the "hoes," getting drunk high, etc.

5. Don't be negative. If somebody rubs you the wrong way - be nice. If your facing tough odds - stand strong. If someone is trying to have you compromise your values - hold fast, which leads to...

6. Don't be dichotomous/duplicitous. Meaning saying one thing and doing another flagrantly. Yes, the word "hypocrite" could have been used, but all of mankind, with the exception of One are hypocrites. A person that is dichotomous, may truly want to do the right thing, but due to other influences caves in. This cannot be. However, you also cannot succeed alone. You must turn to God. If you don't -- trust me, you will never win.

And finally...

7. Lay off the porn. If you and your wife/husband are into that - fine. Watch together. However, don't make it a habit. And never watch it alone. You're relationship will suffer. Believe me.

And for all the skeptics, there are physiological reasons behind the guidelines listed, but I have typed for long enough. I hope this helps.

+H

PS. Introducing toxins into the body, whether through smoking, drinking, illicit drug use, is terribly damaging and will destroy you from the inside out -- including that sex drive. However, the things mentioned above are PROVEN to wreak even worse damage. Stress through TV, emotional outrage, internet addiction can nuke your system. You have one body and one life. Protect it.

keith1958 is just really nice. (+1000) keith1958 is just really nice. (+1000) keith1958 is just really nice. (+1000) keith1958 is just really nice. (+1000) keith1958 is just really nice. (+1000) keith1958 is just really nice. (+1000) keith1958 is just really nice. (+1000) keith1958 is just really nice. (+1000) keith1958 is just really nice. (+1000) keith1958 is just really nice. (+1000) keith1958 is just really nice. (+1000)
    A lot of things can effect it, but in my wifes and my cases it was hormonal. We are both over 50 so that has a lot to do with it. i suggest anyone having problems get there hormones checked. to the poster that said he did not want to take anything because it may effect his mood. both of us are in a much better mood now that our hormones are good again. If your a A@#$%^& before you will be 1 after. If your not 1 then you will not become 1.
    I am not a Dr, any opinion that I have is based on my own experience.

GymbagJamie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Naps

My sex drive is 'mostly' driven by sleep. If I don't have enough rest or time in the day to get 'life' taken care, I sure as heck don't want to think about sex.
    Gymbag Jamie::
    HOLLA!

Tony_B is not very helpful. (-500) Tony_B is not very helpful. (-500) Tony_B is not very helpful. (-500) Tony_B is not very helpful. (-500) Tony_B is not very helpful. (-500) Tony_B is not very helpful. (-500) Tony_B is not very helpful. (-500) Tony_B is not very helpful. (-500) Tony_B is not very helpful. (-500) Tony_B is not very helpful. (-500) Tony_B is not very helpful. (-500)

It is important to note the topic which will be discussed: Sex Drive, aka Libido. Many men with erectile dysfunction may still have desire (libido) but have difficulty in maintaining or obtaining an erection. That aspect of things can be due to psychological and physiological factors. However, this is out of the scope of this thread.

CAUSES OF DECREASED LIBIDO IN MEN AND WOMEN:

Stress
    Depression
    stress or fatigue
    childhood sexual abuse, assault, trauma, or neglect
    body image issues
    adultery or attraction outside marriage
    lack of interest/attraction in partner
    sexual performance anxiety[2]
    low testosterone (men and women)
    moral choices and/or conventions, such as observed in celibate people
    Anti-Depressants (especially Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors).
    5-Alpha reductase inhibitors. This is the enzyme which converts Testosterone to DHT. a 5AR would be taken to reduce balding.
    Beta-blockers
    Opiates/Opioids (vicodin, etc).
    Malnourishment
    Prohormones
    Obesity
    Certain lifestyle choices
    High prolactin release
    drug/alcohol use
    tobacco smoking

HOW CAN SEX DRIVE BE INCREASED:

NON-SUPPLEMENTAL IMPROVEMENT OF SEX DRIVE

Aerobic and Aerobic exercise
    Adequate Fat intake. Testosterone is produced from FATS/CHOLESTEROL.
    Therapy

SUPPLEMENTAL IMPROVEMENT OF SEX DRIVE FOR MEN:

YOHIMBINE: DOPAMINE HELPS TO INCREASE DESIRE. YOHIMBINE PROMOTES -DOPMAINE RELEASE
    -WELLBUTRIN (ANTIDEPRESSANT, AKA BUPROPION). A SELECTIVE DOPAMINE REUPTAKE INHIBITOR
    -MACA
    -HORNY GOAT WEED ( A PED-5 inhibitor, like Viagra)
    -Zinc

There are also many other Rx medications which improve sexual desire

IN SUMMARY FOR SUPPLEMENTING FOR LIBIDO

Look for a boost in Testosterone and Dopamine activity.
    Make sure you eat a well balanced diet, are not vitamin/mineral deficient and exercise.
    Just tell 'em "Tony B Sent Me"

Myeyesbleed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You are born with it...I have never had a problem with it. I have friends that don't need it, maybe once a month and they are cool with that?

I say practice, practice, practice 'till you find the right mix. A lot of it has to do with your mental state. Relax and be open to experience, it also helps to have a partner that is on your level.
    Tri Tip and Sweet Potatoes!

Habeas.Corpus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Habeas.Corpus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Habeas.Corpus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Habeas.Corpus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Habeas.Corpus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

increasing sex drive

The number one reason for low libido is hormonal. Other problems include lack of sleep and depression.

For young women, giving birth causes prolactin increases, which pretty much kills the sex drive. This is temporary, and once nursing ceases, things will get back to normal. If not, see your doctor. Prolactin - inhibiting drugs, ie cabergiline may help.

Birth control pills are another big source of LL.

Some drugs will kill-will. Anti-depressants are top of the list along with anti-histamines and gravol.

* If you're using an antidepressant, talk to your doctor. He might switch you to Wellbutrin (aka Zyban) which will at least neutralise the bad effects, and is thought to increase libido in best-case-scenarios. There are a few others that can help, including trazodone. You could google for a list.

* If you use an anti-histamine, switch to ephedra/ephedrine.

As another poster noted, Menopause is a further cause of LL

The Mayo Clinic defines LL for women as being one of four sorts:

* Your desire to have sex is low or absent. - This is frequently hormonally driven ie birth control, babies, meno. Estrogen is effective for some issues, but testosterone is the hormone of desire.

* You can't maintain arousal during sexual activity, or you don't become aroused despite a desire to have sex.

* You cannot experience an orgasm. - Sherry Hite notes many women cannot achieve an orgasm in a partnership but most can by masterbation. This suggests you can train your man. If you're happy with clitoral orgasms, a testosterone gel, ie androgel or testim applied locally can increase sensitivity. Don't know if this would work vaginally.

* You have pain during sexual contact. - This refers to vaginal dryness usually, although there is a condition of small or narrow vaginas. For dryness, there are lubes on the market. Your doctor might prescribe premarin cream, which introduce estriol (an estrogen) topically. The alternative is a ring (Estring) of time released estriol, good for 90 days. Its convenient, and can spare you the embarrassment that a 75 lb dog in constant pursuit of your leg in front of the neighbours can cause. Testosterone can also help, and lastly 25 to 50 mg of ephedrine can help quite significantly.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fem...CTION=symptoms

A note on testosterone:

The precursers are a combo of calcium-magnesium-zinc and selenium. Take this before retiring. It can help you sleep, too. Do not exceed 1000 mg magnesium. Magnesium is the active ingredient in Milk of Magnesia, the laxative. Natural sources for testosterone include nettle root. Google this, as I believe other parts may be useful.

A note on estrogen:

Soy is cited as the principle sources of estrogen (yam for progesterone). A lot of women suffering from menopause are advised to eat this for meno relief, and people point to the Japanese. Frankly, I think this is rubbish, and relief is probably placibic. If soy was all that successful, you'd expect to see an overall feminizing effect, including busty ladies and man-breasts on the blokes.
    Last edited by Habeas.Corpus; 09-08-2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: omissions

Univeros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Univeros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Univeros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Univeros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Univeros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Univeros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow, good info here, im still young and feel im losing it. The fear is making it worse as its not true, just mental, so id agree, sex drive is 90% mental....

Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Mavrik184 View Post
    For a great sex drive here is a quick list of do's and dont's, which most certainly can also be unabridged, but here are some the highlights. I'll be happy to expound on them later if asked. However, until then:

DO:

1. Go to Church at least once a week from the start of the service to the very end.

2. Seek a true and active relationship with God. Not just one of duty & obligation, or when you need something.

3. Love your wife/husband passionately during everything, not just when they are being wonderful. The key is to be as loving when they are not as nice as they should be. This leads to the next point.

4. Lead by example.

5. Read things that will help strengthen your soul (i.e. the Bible, but also other books. Authors like C.S. Lewis, Max Lucado, Rick Warren, & Joel Osteen are great). And read them with your spouse (one chapter a night is all you need, or one Bible passage).

6. Think positive -- ALL THE TIME! The glass is always 1/2 full.

7. Finally, dedicate as much time to your spiritual well-being as you do to your physical well-being. Pick up a book, go for a walk, have some quiet time.

And now the flipside:

1. DON'T PUT GOD ON THE BACK BURNER. You go to work to enrich yourself financially. You go to the gym to enrich yourself physically. You go out and meet people to enrich yourself socially. School is for mental enrichment. What do you do for your soul? That is the most important element. On your soul, all things are built.

2. Don't lose control of your emotions. This does not equate to "turn yourself into a cold-hearted fiend," but instead means don't fly off the handle. No Road Rage, no impatience, no lack of faith. What's wrong with you? Are you a man or beast? What separates you from a gorilla? YOUR MIND! Use it!

3. Don't be a consistent TV-watcher. If you have to turn it on, try to keep it for only a short a period of time. Watch what you must, and forget the rest. The key is to minimize TV. Who cares if you missed the game or the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy? In the grand scheme of things, it didn't matter.

4. Don't listen to music that is not in accordance with the new you. How can you be positive and strong when you are listening to someone sing about the "hoes," getting drunk high, etc.

5. Don't be negative. If somebody rubs you the wrong way - be nice. If your facing tough odds - stand strong. If someone is trying to have you compromise your values - hold fast, which leads to...

6. Don't be dichotomous/duplicitous. Meaning saying one thing and doing another flagrantly. Yes, the word "hypocrite" could have been used, but all of mankind, with the exception of One are hypocrites. A person that is dichotomous, may truly want to do the right thing, but due to other influences caves in. This cannot be. However, you also cannot succeed alone. You must turn to God. If you don't -- trust me, you will never win.

And finally...

7. Lay off the porn. If you and your wife/husband are into that - fine. Watch together. However, don't make it a habit. And never watch it alone. You're relationship will suffer. Believe me.

And for all the skeptics, there are physiological reasons behind the guidelines listed, but I have typed for long enough. I hope this helps.

+H

PS. Introducing toxins into the body, whether through smoking, drinking, illicit drug use, is terribly damaging and will destroy you from the inside out -- including that sex drive. However, the things mentioned above are PROVEN to wreak even worse damage. Stress through TV, emotional outrage, internet addiction can nuke your system. You have one body and one life. Protect it.
    Thanks for the influx of nice, but I don't think there is any correlation to sex drive.

gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Getting exercise (no surprise), having some fun.
    I use the following supp "cocktail", which helps over the long-term I +Think+

ARGININE/MACA/TRIB/YOHIMBE/VITAMIN E/B-VITAMINS/ ZINC-MAG-CALC
    Also I think J/O often enuff helps my sex drive!!

lil murph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lil murph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lil murph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lil murph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lil murph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lil murph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lil murph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lil murph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lil murph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lil murph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lil murph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    with that keto diet, just make sure alot of the fats you are getting are coming from Monounsaturated fats... theyv'e been proven to increase your test and libido more than the other fats
    Originally Posted by Kyle.Lgk View Post
    I have a relatively low sex drive...

I mean I love to get down, but its more out of desire then necessity... I could handle being without it for a good while... I think it partly may be that my brother got all the testosterone (his drive is out of control!)

I won't take testosterone boosting supplements cuz of the effect it would have on my mood, but I try to increase it naturally...

High fat diet, lots of powerlifting and leg workouts, plenty of arginine (hehe), and a lot of sleep...

Anyone know the effect a keto diet would have on T? I'd assume positive cuz of all the fat...

geekio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JIMMY SHOWTIME View Post
    watch porn.

nuff said.
    good one...no sex + no marturbation at all cost. deyymmnnn!!!

mikestevens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lots of great tips Keep up the good work!

lol90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lol90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lol90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lol90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lol90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lol90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lol90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lol90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lol90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lol90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lol90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mikestevens View Post
    Lots of great tips Keep up the good work!
    x2, i hate bein a virgin

ejwozniak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile libido

I believe low self-esteem has more to do with decrease in libido than anything else. I say this through experience. If you are at peace with yourself then you can believe others will also like you and the way you look. A little confidence goes a long way in the bedroom. Do what you must to gain that self-confidence (working-out, get a makeover, lose those couple lbs). If you feel good about yourself you will want to make your partner feel good also.