wakarimasen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

crossfit, lifting, or both for wrestling?

i haven't been able to find really concrete on evidence on which is better (or even concrete evidence on the trade-offs for each), crossfit, or lifting. I know crossfit is largely muscle endurance but what is the actual strength gain in that? is it most likely going to be slow because it is really high rep? also, this is knowledge im interested in because both of these are available to me and i want to make the most of my training.
    Also, im wondering which will be best for training for my upcoming wrestling season, my goal is to gain as much strength as possible, and i will gain endurance during the season or through crossfit, or however it is needed.
    what is available to me is crossfit classes, full gym equipment, swimming, and also protein supplements.

82dParatrooper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

pros and cons

For wrestling, I'd recommend crossfit. Crossfit is all about building explosive power and making your body work efficiently. For wrestling you don't want to carry any mass that you don't need. With crossfit you will get strong, you will probably get bigger, but you won't gain a ton of weight or build muscle that you don't need.
    If you're going to lift for wrestling, stick to movements that build multiple muscle groups. For example, do bench presses, squats, cleans, rows, chins, deadlifts, etc. Don't bang out a bunch of curls or leg extensions. Big muscles don't make you a good wrestler. Strength, flexibility, balance, core strength and endurance are what you want. That's just my opinion.
    Good luck with your training.
    Failure is not the only punishment for laziness; there is also the success of others.
    Jules Renard (1864 - 1910)

nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I recommend crossfit for wrestling. It gives you great condition (w/ weights), explositivity, burns fat, and all the while increases muscle. Standard lifting just helps gain muscle weight. You don't get the positives that you get from circuit training and explositivity which are things that you need in wrestling.
    Champions are not born. They are built.

You wondered if all the pain and sacrifice is worth it...now you know.

Gold medals aren't made of gold. Not really. They're made of sweat, dedication, and a hard to find alloy called guts.

Everybody wants to win. But not everybody is willing to do what it takes.

rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I know that Mizzou wrestling, which is one of the top programs in the nation, does crossfit style training. When I was assistant coaching, the school I was working with would take our entire team down for their team camps. Definitely helped the kids step up their wrestling games.

HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What's this crossfit training? i've never heard of it..
    then again i should google it ha