Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    irishmale22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

benching question plz help

okay...i both work out with the bowflex and free weights and my question is because i don't have a regularl bench to bench press does the bowflex bench press help too?

everything else i do i use free weight becase i don't have a regular bench to bench press it sucks.lol

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Didnt you just ask this same question in another thread called "bowflex quesion?"

Im sure the Bowflex bench is better than nothing, but I would only use it as a supplement to the free weights.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your original thread was closed so you reposted. Ever think there might have been a reason why it was closed? Theres a sticky up there at the top concerning bowflex.

Not much love around for bowflex, but if its what you got and and it has some resistence, I guess you should use it or get something new.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

well yeah but i use my free weights more i got a curl bar set of dumb bells and a bench bar but not a real bench to put the bar on when i bench press,sorry if i made two topics just was wondering.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by irishmale22 View Post
    well yeah but i use my free weights more i got a curl bar set of dumb bells and a bench bar but not a real bench to put the bar on when i bench press,sorry if i made two topics just was wondering.

So what exactly is your question? Your not being very clear.

You have a curl bar, a set of dumbbells, and a press bar; but you have no bench press. You also have a bowflex and you want to know if it will do anything?

Well like I said in the first post, the bowflex provides resistence so use it....its probably not going to make your muscles smaller, its just not the best option available.

That said, I'd concentrate on the dumbbell and bodyweight exercises that will develop your chest. I can't truly comment on the bowflex because I've never used one. I don't like them because they're overpriced and I believe heavy weights will provide you better results.

You already have one though, so it doesn't matter. Like I said, use what you have or buy something else. Its pretty simple.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

but like i said i got all that the curl bar the bench bar but don't have a real bench so i cant bench n put it on when im done got alot of free weights n a set of dumb bells so im set cept for the free weight benching because i got nothing to put it on.

AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000)
    but like i said i got all that the curl bar the bench bar but don't have a real bench so i cant bench n put it on when im done got alot of free weights n a set of dumb bells so im set cept for the free weight benching because i got nothing to put it on.
    Hooked on phonics worked for me.

Seriously dude, I have no idea what message you're trying to convey here.

Here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...postcount=2269

This guy will underst......I mean be able to help you. Shoot him a PM.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

omfg..dude okayy here ill say it again wtf..lol

i got a curl bar right and a set of dumb bells with a bunch of free weights....i also got a bench bar for benching.

the bowflex don't have a rack thing to put a regular bar on so i was asking if im benching with the bowflex would i get the same results?

i do both free weights n bowflex i use for toning so double the results get it now.lol

so with the bench bar all i can do is squats and **** just not regularbench pressing.
    Last edited by irishmale22; 01-12-2009 at 11:36 AM.

RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You got no periods.
    ll-ll NOBODY SAID BODYBUILDING WAS EASY ll-ll

sorry just was asking for advice thats all.lol

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why??? WHY us? The equipment section...
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    Here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...postcount=2269

This guy will underst......I mean be able to help you. Shoot him a PM.
    LMAO
    Shouldn't you be lifting something heavy instead of reading this?

[]---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 8
    Workout Equipment Crew: We do it on Power Racks
    Bashing the Bowflex since 2008 for DiamondDelts

Bulldozer feeds upon the weaker as they fall. Bulldozer crushes all! - Machine Head

Owes me a case of beer: dolson27

Originally Posted by HardKore79 View Post
    Why??? WHY us? The equipment section...
    Its fairly well established that bowflex posts and posts with illiterate sentencing (not poor grammar, not poor spelling......flat out f'ing non-understandable) will be met with some resistence and flaming here.

When trolling its important to use the right bait.

OP: I gave you your advice. Reread and take it for what its worth. Nothing else can be offered up to you unless you offer more information about whatever it is you want to know.

And when I said PM "this guy".....I was talking about morbid8desire, NOT ME! I can't understand your posts......he speaks unclearly, I thought he might be able to help. PM him.

LOL

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Not to be too rude, but the reason you are not getting an answer is because nobody knows wtf you are saying. You may wanna try using some of that punctuation you were taught about in the 3rd grade.
    Roll Tide

Consciousness: The annoying time between naps.

I wouldn't touch the metric system with a 3.048m pole.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Originally Posted by Bamma View Post
    Not to be too rude, but the reason you are not getting an answer is because nobody knows wtf you are saying. You may wanna try using some of that punctuation you were taught about in the 3rd grade.

You know it seems like I just got done being 18 and telling my parents how stupid they were.

I had no idea how quickly I would become old.

Does anybody see the correlation between being over 30 and not being able to understand the written word of some of the younger crowd here?

I'm not even trying and some how I've become involved in a generation gap.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Originally Posted by Bamma View Post
    well sorry didn't know i had to be all damn technical with a damn forum. I seen worst post then what i wrote so i don't wanna hear it.

btw...its not my problem u couldn't understand what i was saying even when i wrote it sarcasticly. lmao

i must of said it like twelve times.

I mean come on even with me not using proper grammar u still should understand it that many times,btw... i didn't know their was a damn bowflex sticky forum because not alot of people take the damnn machine serious.

I'm not mad, I'm Rage Rage Beast's Avatar
    Rage Beast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rage Beast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rage Beast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rage Beast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rage Beast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rage Beast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rage Beast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rage Beast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rage Beast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rage Beast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rage Beast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Isn't the OP's writing style (as well as texting in general) to be what is considered to be a form of pidgin English?

It is no wonder that pidgin languages have historically always been looked down upon by many people as being inferior and even annoying.
    I won't rep back if you don't post in same thread.

Donate to 2012 Tour de Cure for reps:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135266991

Click to feed homeless veterans: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132266263
    Click for world hunger: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133161853
    Click to feed sheltered animals: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135710991
    Click for breast cancer: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132696063

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The guy wants to know if he should free-weight bench press off a Bowflex, or are the Bowflex tension arms sufficient for growth...

Should i just sell it for like a real home gym,because if it doesn't help as much then i would just rather give it away.lol

hows this for grammar lmao:P

Originally Posted by Accutron View Post
    The guy wants to know if he should free-weight bench press off a Bowflex, or are the Bowflex tension arms sufficient for growth...
    yes correct wow finally anyways, i do free weights for everything else cept the the bench press.

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Should i just sell it for like a real home gym,because if it doesn't help as much then i would just rather give it away.lol

hows this for grammar lmao:P
    I think you should try to sell the Bowflex and buy a used free-weight set-up. The Bowflex is more of a fitness thing for people who dont want to exert themselves or train too hard...

Noobs buy Bowflex machines all the time, maybe you can sell it for $400, then buy a used rack/bench/plates set for less than that on Craigslist...you dont have to spend a lot of money...

yea...i know what u mean because i only use the bowflex for toning and use the free weights for bulking.

i got a curl bar,bench bar set of dumb bells and like 200-300 lbs of free weights so im good for now.

yea...i know what u mean because i only use the bowflex for toning and use the free weights for bulking.

i got a curl bar,bench bar set of dumb bells and like 200-300 lbs of free weights so im good for now.
    Okay, sounds good for now. You just need a bench (or a rack which you could use for squats too) and youd be all set.

A lot of cutting can be done with just diet too, so unless you love the Bowflex try to sell it, make a good ad with nice pictures and maybe someone will buy it for a lot money.

For cardio you can do other stuff besides Bowflex

well sorry didn't know i had to be all damn technical with a damn forum. I seen worst post then what i wrote so i don't wanna hear it....

You don't have to be technical, use perfect grammar, or spell correctly.

You do have to write in a manner that makes sense to your recipient, which is us. "Us" use, for the most part, the English language with puncuation.

btw...its not my problem u couldn't understand what i was saying even when i wrote it sarcasticly. lmao...

Lets see....whose getting all the grief?

If you ask a question no one understands and they call you on it, it is your problem because you now have not been helped and you're getting a hard way to go.

Certainly isn't my problem. I could care less if you walk away with an answer or if you don't like me.

i must of said it like twelve times....

You could write the Gettysburg Address 1000 times in Russian and I still wouldn't recognize it for what it is. Quantity is irrelevent.

I mean come on even with me not using proper grammar u still should understand it that many times,btw... i didn't know their was a damn bowflex sticky forum because not alot of people take the damnn machine serious.

Does it matter if its taken seriously or not? There is a sticky at the top of this thread for posting questions about the bowflex....you past it on your way to this thread several times.

Besides that, not only did I point the sticky out...but I did offer you some advice even though I could barely make out what you were asking. Yes, I had a little bit of fun with it, but that's life. I did try to help...you just ignored that.

Originally Posted by Accutron View Post
    And I answered this question in both posts #3 & #5 (reposted below so I don't overtax the OP).

......Not much love around for bowflex, but if its what you got and and it has some resistence, I guess you should use it or get something new.

......You have a curl bar, a set of dumbbells, and a press bar; but you have no bench press. You also have a bowflex and you want to know if it will do anything?

Well like I said in the first post, the bowflex provides resistence so use it....its probably not going to make your muscles smaller, its just not the best option available.

That said, I'd concentrate on the dumbbell and bodyweight exercises that will develop your chest. I can't truly comment on the bowflex because I've never used one. I don't like them because they're overpriced and I believe heavy weights will provide you better results.

You already have one though, so it doesn't matter. Like I said, use what you have or buy something else. Its pretty simple.

Now, get mad if you want and try to ignore that while I was busting your chops I was offering the advice you so poorly asked for.

You're still going to be wrong.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

okay im looking for a good bench right now btw.. my dad paid like 7 bills for the bowflex.

okay im looking for a good bench right now btw.. my dad paid like 7 bills for the bowflex.

Ferrum is in your area and he is constantly coming up with deals on Craigslist. You should absolutely scour the CL posts in your driving area. His deals are sick and I'm sure you'd have no doubt getting something very nice for very little.

See.....you didn't use proper grammar or sentence structure. But a few well placed periods allowed me to understand you and I gave you a serious answer.

I'm not evil

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Ferrum is in your area and he is constantly coming up with deals on Craigslist. You should absolutely scour the CL posts in your driving area. His deals are sick and I'm sure you'd have no doubt getting something very nice for very little.

See.....you didn't use proper grammar or sentence structure. But a few well placed periods allowed me to understand you and I gave you a serious answer.

I'm not evil
    I think FM gave up this site for his 09 resolution, LOL.

Hasnt posted since Jan-01...maybe hes chilling with DD and Jimmy Hoffa somewhere.

im not mad at you im just saying.

You don't have to be technical, use perfect grammar, or spell correctly.

You do have to write in a manner that makes sense to your recipient, which is us. "Us" use, for the most part, the English language with puncuation.

Lets see....whose getting all the grief?

If you ask a question no one understands and they call you on it, it is your problem because you now have not been helped and you're getting a hard way to go.

Certainly isn't my problem. I could care less if you walk away with an answer or if you don't like me.

You could write the Gettysburg Address 1000 times in Russian and I still wouldn't recognize it for what it is. Quantity is irrelevent.

Does it matter if its taken seriously or not? There is a sticky at the top of this thread for posting questions about the bowflex....you past it on your way to this thread several times.

Besides that, not only did I point the sticky out...but I did offer you some advice even though I could barely make out what you were asking. Yes, I had a little bit of fun with it, but that's life. I did try to help...you just ignored that.

And I answered this question in both posts #3 & #5 (reposted below so I don't overtax the OP).

Now, get mad if you want and try to ignore that while I was busting your chops I was offering the advice you so poorly asked for.

You're still going to be wrong.

now not to sound like an @ss or anything u do know what i mean by 7 bills right it was actually 8 my bad. and thanks i'll look in to it .

I'm not evil