Thread: jaw muscles

physioman is on a distinguished road. (+10) physioman is on a distinguished road. (+10) physioman is on a distinguished road. (+10) physioman is on a distinguished road. (+10) physioman is on a distinguished road. (+10) physioman is on a distinguished road. (+10) physioman is on a distinguished road. (+10) physioman is on a distinguished road. (+10) physioman is on a distinguished road. (+10) physioman is on a distinguished road. (+10) physioman is on a distinguished road. (+10)

jaw muscles

hello

I see many bodybuilding models have big muscles at their jaws as you can spot in this photo:

are there any technics that cause these muscle to grow that big? do these people undergo plastic surgery? or it's just their genes?

also, girls do you find this attractive? ofcourse for some faces, that big jaw muscles would make them uglier, but in many faces, would bigger jaw muscles be more attractive?

thanks

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    A lot of it is genes, and plastic surgery could do it. What girls find attractive varies, make decisions for you, not for what some girls like. Probably a lot like it and a lot think it looks neanderthal and hate it.

There are movements you can do to strengthen the jaw muscles. They're awkward and stuff of course.

Working the jaw-opening muscle is sort of easy. Open your mouth really wide and push up forcefully under your chin, while forcing your head to stay in the same position (this move also works your neck flexors). Your jaw muscles will keep your mouth open.

That's isometrics, you can do it at varying openness. I'm not sure how to make a natural isotonic move unfortunately.

As for jaw-closing muscles, I can't figure out a way to do that which doesn't involve putting something in your mouth. To serve as inspiration, get into the anime One Piece and watch Roronoa Zoro ('Zolo' in 4kids PoS). He wields a sword in his mouth and is shown earlier in the series doing stuff to strengthen his jaw muscles...

Basically, imagine a belt squat... only the belt is being bitten and held in your mouth, lol. I think he was using a bucket full of rocks and rope rather than plates dangling from chain, but you get the gist of it.

Your main concern if doing that would be to spread it out and not have any pressure points because you don't want to damage your teeth. Plus it'd have to be sanitary or you could get sick putting **** in your mouth.

There is also just focusing on flexing the muscles, like pretending you're closing or opening against resistance so the muscles opposite (agonist/antagonist pair) resist each other. This is similar to what you do when you flex your biceps (and also triceps) where they bulge out and get worked without any resistance but the opposing muscles.

That's just not the most effective form of training since you can't measure it, but it's certainly the easiest to do.

I think actually, doing neck flexion exercises can work the jaw-closing muscles. Like basically the 2 muscles work in unison, pulling the lower jaw down, and pulling the top jaw down after it. I'm not totally sure about this though, not the most knowledgeable about these muscles.

In which case, doing standard neck exercises for front-flexion should help with the jaw, like pushing your forehead down against your hands like you're real angry. Do that mega-hard, and see if you can feel in your jaw. I can, so I have confidence in the idea.

Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Be careful though because you don't want to get TMJ syndrome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TMJ_syndrome

imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think it's more of advertisement. Of course they are going to post pictures of square jawed men, not people with a fat John Mccain face.
    akkxn - just lift heavy ****.

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    besides the model's underlying natural bone structure, steroids also cause bone growth
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Valkinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by physioman View Post
    hello

I see many bodybuilding models have big muscles at their jaws as you can spot in this photo:

are there any technics that cause these muscle to grow that big? do these people undergo plastic surgery? or it's just their genes?

also, girls do you find this attractive? ofcourse for some faces, that big jaw muscles would make them uglier, but in many faces, would bigger jaw muscles be more attractive?

thanks
    The all do Jaw Squats and Incline Jaw Presses.

Registered User supersaiyanGoku's Avatar
    supersaiyanGoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) supersaiyanGoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) supersaiyanGoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) supersaiyanGoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) supersaiyanGoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) supersaiyanGoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) supersaiyanGoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) supersaiyanGoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) supersaiyanGoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) supersaiyanGoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) supersaiyanGoku is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You're going to need an ass-load of HGH.

Eric24bmx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    AAS actually makes your face kind of puffy i find which prolly gives the appearance of wide jaw

StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    its just that they've got naturally defined cheekbones, im not so sure exercises can change your face.

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Tyciol View Post
    A lot of it is genes, and plastic surgery could do it. What girls find attractive varies, make decisions for you, not for what some girls like. Probably a lot like it and a lot think it looks neanderthal and hate it.

There are movements you can do to strengthen the jaw muscles. They're awkward and stuff of course.

Working the jaw-opening muscle is sort of easy. Open your mouth really wide and push up forcefully under your chin, while forcing your head to stay in the same position (this move also works your neck flexors). Your jaw muscles will keep your mouth open.

That's isometrics, you can do it at varying openness. I'm not sure how to make a natural isotonic move unfortunately.

As for jaw-closing muscles, I can't figure out a way to do that which doesn't involve putting something in your mouth. To serve as inspiration, get into the anime One Piece and watch Roronoa Zoro ('Zolo' in 4kids PoS). He wields a sword in his mouth and is shown earlier in the series doing stuff to strengthen his jaw muscles...

Basically, imagine a belt squat... only the belt is being bitten and held in your mouth, lol. I think he was using a bucket full of rocks and rope rather than plates dangling from chain, but you get the gist of it.

Your main concern if doing that would be to spread it out and not have any pressure points because you don't want to damage your teeth. Plus it'd have to be sanitary or you could get sick putting **** in your mouth.

There is also just focusing on flexing the muscles, like pretending you're closing or opening against resistance so the muscles opposite (agonist/antagonist pair) resist each other. This is similar to what you do when you flex your biceps (and also triceps) where they bulge out and get worked without any resistance but the opposing muscles.

That's just not the most effective form of training since you can't measure it, but it's certainly the easiest to do.

I think actually, doing neck flexion exercises can work the jaw-closing muscles. Like basically the 2 muscles work in unison, pulling the lower jaw down, and pulling the top jaw down after it. I'm not totally sure about this though, not the most knowledgeable about these muscles.

In which case, doing standard neck exercises for front-flexion should help with the jaw, like pushing your forehead down against your hands like you're real angry. Do that mega-hard, and see if you can feel in your jaw. I can, so I have confidence in the idea.
    this post is hilarious
    updated 2011
    Hw-Alistair overeem, Brock lesnar, Sergei Kharitonov
    Lhw-jon jones, Gegard Mousasi, Lyoto machida
    Mw-Chael sonnen, Yushin Okami, Ronaldo souza
    ww-Jake shields, Ben Askren, Josh Koscheck
    lw-Bj penn, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Eddie Alvarez
    fw-jose aldo, Hatsu Hioki, Kenny Florian
    bw-Urijah Faber

Twice the G that I appear mcbizkit02's Avatar
    mcbizkit02 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbizkit02 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbizkit02 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbizkit02 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbizkit02 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbizkit02 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbizkit02 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbizkit02 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbizkit02 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbizkit02 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbizkit02 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lots and lots of duck sicking.

moneymaker55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moneymaker55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moneymaker55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moneymaker55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moneymaker55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moneymaker55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moneymaker55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moneymaker55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moneymaker55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moneymaker55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moneymaker55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    roids do it to

xyz23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyz23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyz23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyz23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyz23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyz23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyz23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyz23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyz23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyz23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyz23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    chew gum

semi-srs...if I chew gum all day, my jaw is sore the next day