Cybria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cy's Babyphat- No more excuses.

This is Cybria's fat loss journal. *sigh* This is kinda emotional. I have been putting off losing weight for a while. Usually I will start eating right, it will last a few weeks, then I will fall off the wagon again. But recently I saw a two hour episode of Discovery Body Challenge and it inspired me to get started myself.
    Yes, I had a baby, but that was almost two years ago. And I was fat before the baby too. So I just want to get that excuse out of my system. I'm still young so I want to get rid of this excess fat while I can. My stats now are:

Height: 5' 10" (tall girl!)
    Weight: 242 lbs
    BMI: 34.7 (30+ is obese. Eep.)
    Dress size: 20

I'll do my waist, chest, hip measurements later. I don't have a tape measure on me. My goals are:

Weight: 180 lbs.
    BMI: 25.5
    Dress size: 10

I was so mad today...I have been broke for weeks (as I haven't been working) and I finally got some pocket money...but I didn't let myself buy any ben and jerry's, didn't go to the donut shop, didn't go to the mexican food restraunt on the corner. It was reallllly hard because usually the first thing I do when I get paid is buy junk food. Now I am painfully aware of how much junk food I am surrounded by. Burger places, donut shops, an entire aisle at the grocery store dedicated to candy. Augh. But I did the right thing. I bough fruits and veggies and got fat free frozen yogurt instead of ice cream. It was tough. I know the days ahead will be tough too.
    So, that's all for now. Wish me luck!

go50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good luck its hard !!!am in the same wagon with the cravings
    Last edited by go50; 08-18-2008 at 03:41 PM.

Mex2theMax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mex2theMax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mex2theMax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mex2theMax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mex2theMax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mex2theMax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mex2theMax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mex2theMax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mex2theMax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mex2theMax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mex2theMax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good luck!! After a while you will learn to just ignore all the places you would frequent. that's when you know you're in "the zone". When no donut, cheeseburger or pizza slice can deter you from your goal.

It's not easy but it's well worth it.

bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000) bigjay00 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good luck, I know it's tough. Just need enough willpower and discapline to get through things.

Seems like the willpower is showing up already
    Anabolic-evolution.com owner

MattT84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattT84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattT84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattT84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattT84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattT84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattT84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattT84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattT84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattT84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattT84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck and congratulations on the new healthy lifestyle, eat right and train hard.

Let us know when you get a diet plan figured out and a workout routine set in place.
    Weight progression:

May 21 2008 - 255 lbs

May 21 2009 - 215 lbs

May 21 2010 - 235 lbs

May 21 2011 - 245 lbs

myofibrillar hypertrophy Wild_Weasel's Avatar
    Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You are on your way now. Good job fighting the cravings. After a couple of weeks, those are esaier to deal with an less frequent.

Good luck!
    YGBSM
    "In a world full of compromise, some men DON'T." - H&K slogan

"There aint no easy way, no there aint no easy way out." - BRMC

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112745771

Gee, thanks. I'm glad I'm not alone about this "junk monkey" on my back.

Today I didn't really eat anything concrete...I just grazed on fruit and triscuits when I got hungry. For dinner I had skinless chicken thigh with steamed vegetables. I know chicken breast is better but that's all I had on hand. Can anyone tell me why chicken breast is better than dark meat? I didn't excercise. I kept thinking about it but I didn't. I found a "boot camp" workout on about.com. Maybe you guys can tell me what you think of it. I'm planning to give it a try:
    http://exercise.about.com/cs/cardiow...blbootcamp.htm
    As far as weight training, I will glean from some of my old Oxygen magazines and see if I can get something in place.

SUGAR JONES!

right now I'm really really craving sugar. Usually I would go in the kitchen and make myself a pancake or get some ice cream. But I'm restraining myself. This is sooo hard. I feel kind of edgy and i feel a headache coming on. I guess I'm more dependant on processed sugar than I thought. I ate a couple apple slices but they're not doing the trick. God help me.

Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Cybria View Post
    SUGAR JONES!

right now I'm really really craving sugar. Usually I would go in the kitchen and make myself a pancake or get some ice cream. But I'm restraining myself. This is sooo hard. I feel kind of edgy and i feel a headache coming on. I guess I'm more dependant on processed sugar than I thought. I ate a couple apple slices but they're not doing the trick. God help me.
    The reason you are craving sugar is because 1. you are probably a person who responds to carbohydrates as energy, and sugar is one and 2. You haven't eaten anything all day! Fruit and crackers? Come on! You gotta do better than that if you want that booty to be in shape.

Think of your body as a car, and food as gas. How does your car respond when it is low on gas? Yeah, you get my point. Also, you want to fuel your body with "premium gas" and not the low-grade stuff from the mom-n-pop place that is cheaper for a reason.

I think you need to track your food and change your thinking on it. Women seem to think if they live off of an apple and a few crackers for the whole day, they will lose weight. This IS true because of the calorie deficit, but is it healthy? NO! You want to keep that lean, sexy muscle that you have. I will admit I am one of those guys who likes really slender girls, but not sickly ones, and that tiny amount of food will be the route to make you sickly.

Trust me, you and your man don't want that. Eat girl! Keep it in check though. http://www.thedailyplate.com is insanely easy to use to track your food. Try it, and I guarantee it will help you out.
    YGBSM

Originally Posted by Cybria View Post
    Gee, thanks. I'm glad I'm not alone about this "junk monkey" on my back.

Today I didn't really eat anything concrete...I just grazed on fruit and triscuits when I got hungry. For dinner I had skinless chicken thigh with steamed vegetables. I know chicken breast is better but that's all I had on hand. Can anyone tell me why chicken breast is better than dark meat? I didn't excercise. I kept thinking about it but I didn't. I found a "boot camp" workout on about.com. Maybe you guys can tell me what you think of it. I'm planning to give it a try:
    http://exercise.about.com/cs/cardiow...blbootcamp.htm
    As far as weight training, I will glean from some of my old Oxygen magazines and see if I can get something in place.
    Throw those Oxygen magazines OUT...as far as exercise advice is concerned, I bet it is filled with things to "tone" you (check THIS out for what we think about that: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ighlight=tone). Lots of low weight, high repetition nonsense marketed as making you lose an unhealthy amount of weight in a certain time = useless.

That boot camp thing would be a good place to start. Bodyweight exercises are very effective, especially starting out, so I recommend you try that out.

There is a whole section of workout logs on here which would be good to browse. I know in this day and age everything can be marketed to women as if it was different and special and made for them, but in this game, a woman's muscle and fat is no different from a man's. They both grow or are burned the same way. The only difference is that women do not posses the testosterone levels to ever look like a dude, so don't worry about that. You will always have a feminine shape and musculature.
    YGBSM

Originally Posted by Wild_Weasel View Post
    Throw those Oxygen magazines OUT...as far as exercise advice is concerned, I bet it is filled with things to "tone" you (check THIS out for what we think about that: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ighlight=tone). Lots of low weight, high repetition nonsense marketed as making you lose an unhealthy amount of weight in a certain time = useless.

That boot camp thing would be a good place to start. Bodyweight exercises are very effective, especially starting out, so I recommend you try that out.

There is a whole section of workout logs on here which would be good to browse. I know in this day and age everything can be marketed to women as if it was different and special and made for them, but in this game, a woman's muscle and fat is no different from a man's. They both grow or are burned the same way. The only difference is that women do not posses the testosterone levels to ever look like a dude, so don't worry about that. You will always have a feminine shape and musculature.
    OH wow, really? I was on my way to declaring oxygen my bible! What's really ironic is that I saw a full page ad for bodybuilding.com in it today.
    Well about the low weight/high rep thing, I was reading the most recent issue and there was a four week plan that starts out with low/weight high reps (12-15), then moves to high weight, lower reps (8). Also they published a study that said good old fashioned weight training is better than using lighter weights over time (I'm paraphrasing). Perhaps they are changing their ways? Well at the very least they have a lot of good recipes in there that boost your energy.
    Okay, now that someone has approved of the boot camp workout, it's up to me to start it!

Today I woke up to the smell of breakfast sausage and waffles. I was temporarily very happy...until I remembered that I wouldn't be eating any of it. My inner child was kicking and screaming against my decision, but in the end we had a cup of oatmeal and some lowfat yogurt. I'm still kind of mourning that I didn't get the waffles. I'm not better than my inner child.
    This afternoon me and my family went to a funeral and there was a dinner afterwards. The family was mexican so there was a lot of mexican food. It was hard to pick and choose the healthiest options becuase there weren't any, really. At least I drank a bottle of water and they had green salad there. I ate a big salad and had some beans and shredded chicken...well I thought it was chicken. I found out later that it was carnitas (shredded beef). I don't know how I got those confused. lol. I think I ate less than a cup of it. I'm trying to avoid red meat, but I did the best I could. Afterall I bypassed those cheesy enchiladas and the creamy macaroni salad, and turned down the guy who was passing out sodas. I think those were my biggest victories. :-)
    So it's now evening and I had a bowl of raisin Total and 1% milk because I didn't feel like cooking. Oh, another thing: I hear you're not suppose to eat too close to bed time. But how close is too close?
    No excercise today...I will do the elliptical tomorrow. *I'm holding myself to that*
    Last edited by Cybria; 08-19-2008 at 08:03 PM.

Okay, confession: I was up way late last night and I ate a huge bowl of cereal. It's always been a habit, eating cereal at 1 in the morning. Usually I don't say up that late but I've had a few personal issues on my mind. So I just stay awake in times like this. I wish I wouldn't though. If I were asleep I wouldn't be eating.
    I told myself i would do the eliptical today so I am. Right after my two year old goes to sleep this afternoon. I still plan to try the boot camp workout. i will when I get home tomorrow. Right now I'm at my mom's and I'd hate for someone to walk in on me while I'm making feeble attempts at push ups. Yeah, they're my family but still....
    I had a bowl of oatmeal with 1 tsp of honey and a cup of 1% milk for breakfast, along with 8 oz of fruit juice from the juicer. I'm off to a good start. :-) I'll have a turkey sandwich, some triscuits and an apple for lunch. Right now I'm just winging it when it comes to my meal plan. Need to work on something more concrete.