Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SubwayKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubwayKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubwayKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubwayKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubwayKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubwayKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubwayKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubwayKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubwayKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubwayKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubwayKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Does pure whey protein isolate cause gas?

I read the rules and saw that if my title is to generic that the thread gets closed.
    So I put my question as my title.
    Right now I'm taking ON's Natural Whey Protein which has a combination of (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, and Whey Peptides).

If I switched to say, Syntrax Natural Nectar which is a pure 100% Whey Isolate, would I get less stomache discomfort? (Gas, bloating, etc).

Also, does Casein protein cause any sort of stomache discomfort?
    Does anyone know what the best brand would be of whey protein isolate that would cause the least amount of stomache discomfort? That's my main concern.

BrotherDan is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotherDan is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotherDan is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotherDan is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotherDan is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotherDan is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotherDan is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotherDan is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotherDan is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotherDan is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotherDan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    for me, isolate is less gas, casein is way more gas...
    *****...sometimes knowing it's in the medicine cabinet is enough to calm me down.
    **a_new_g = teh wife**

AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    When I first changed my diet to high protein I had gas for a little while but I have not had any problems since with any kind of whey, casein or blend.
    Pick any brand, such as ON, that includes digestive enzymes in the protein to aid digestion.
    Obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, only to be broken.

bjoh17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjoh17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjoh17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjoh17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjoh17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjoh17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjoh17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjoh17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjoh17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjoh17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjoh17 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Concentrate = lots of gas
    Isolate = little/no gas
    Casein = moderate
    Eggs/Egg Whites= most disgusting farts of my life

Registered User TheStiffmeister's Avatar
    TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bjoh17 View Post
    Isolate = little/no gas
    Casein = moderate
    hahah you speak the truth.

eggs = these farts that hover in the air. they just sit. i farted in my car in morning came out after work and it was still there!!!!!!!!!!!

even with windows down and AC on, i couldnt get the fart out! eggs = worst farts of all time.
    Godhand502 = the man!

BFX43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BFX43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BFX43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BFX43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BFX43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BFX43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BFX43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BFX43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BFX43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BFX43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BFX43 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TheStiffmeister View Post
    hahah you speak the truth.

eggs = these farts that hover in the air. they just sit. i farted in my car in morning came out after work and it was still there!!!!!!!!!!!

even with windows down and AC on, i couldnt get the fart out! eggs = worst farts of all time.
    weird eggs dont do too much for me. how many do you eat
    Wants to be 200 lbs. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Been BSing for too long. I WILL SUCCEED. GWIOGL (Get With It Or Get Lost)

My quest to dine with the Gods of Olympus: http://blog.bodybuilding.com/BFX43/

Registered User TheStiffmeister's Avatar
    TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BFX43 View Post
    weird eggs dont do too much for me. how many do you eat

i have 6 for breakfast. stink up the joint on that.

i also have egg powder now that i use. its nonstop methane.
    Godhand502 = the man!

BFX43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BFX43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BFX43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BFX43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BFX43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BFX43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BFX43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BFX43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BFX43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BFX43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BFX43 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TheStiffmeister View Post
    i have 6 for breakfast. stink up the joint on that.

i also have egg powder now that i use. its nonstop methane.
    see i have about 3. need to up my intake. but what is egg powder?

cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A pure whey isolate product should not cause any gas for the most part.

Concentrates reasons for gas is the lactose and being lactose intolerant.

Egg protein causes nasty gas because of the high amounts of sulfur.

SmokePurple916 is not very well liked. (-100) SmokePurple916 is not very well liked. (-100) SmokePurple916 is not very well liked. (-100) SmokePurple916 is not very well liked. (-100) SmokePurple916 is not very well liked. (-100) SmokePurple916 is not very well liked. (-100) SmokePurple916 is not very well liked. (-100) SmokePurple916 is not very well liked. (-100) SmokePurple916 is not very well liked. (-100) SmokePurple916 is not very well liked. (-100) SmokePurple916 is not very well liked. (-100)
    oh man egg whites..after like 6 of them in the morning before a protein shake?? i just grab a book and go to the bathroom for 20 minutes. got to flush every time i fart on the toilet.

bjoh17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjoh17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjoh17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjoh17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjoh17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjoh17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjoh17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjoh17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjoh17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjoh17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjoh17 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cxm View Post
    A pure whey isolate product should not cause any gas for the most part.

Concentrates reasons for gas is the lactose and being lactose intolerant.

Egg protein causes nasty gas because of the high amounts of sulfur.
    ahhh i see....its the sulfur thats wreaking havoc on my families noses! Is there anyway to combat this?

AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't get that much gas from mine

cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ahhh i see....its the sulfur thats wreaking havoc on my families noses! Is there anyway to combat this?
    Some members on this forum have used gut health from RPN
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/rpn/guthealth.html

I believe zachattack had good results on controlling his protein farts, just run a search on gut health in the product reviews.

Also digestive enzymes might help, Digest from Enzymedica is an excellent product.

_Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SubwayKid View Post
    I read the rules and saw that if my title is to generic that the thread gets closed.
    Right now I'm taking ON's Natural Whey Protein which has a combination of (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, and Whey Peptides).

If I switched to say, Syntrax Natural Nectar which is a pure 100% Whey Isolate, would I get less stomache discomfort? (Gas, bloating, etc).

Does anyone know what the best brand would be of whey protein isolate that would cause the least amount of stomache discomfort? That's my main concern.
    I have never had any issues with gas while using an isolate. Also, as a general rule of thumb, isolates should help you see a decrease in gas from proteins like concentrates and eggs, which cause gastric discomfort in many users.

CXM also made some excellent suggestions - digestive enzymes are wonderful for issues like these. I have used Digest-All by MRM for a few years and have enjoyed my results with it. This is the only product of this nature that I can speak to, as I have yet to give others a try.

Originally Posted by SmokePurple916 View Post
    oh man egg whites..after like 6 of them in the morning before a protein shake?? i just grab a book and go to the bathroom for 20 minutes. got to flush every time i fart on the toilet.
    flushing after you fart. the smell sticks to the toilet?

Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That's one reason I really like Ergopharm GF-Pro (Isolate). I never have any stomach discomfort or gas when using it.

Now Whey Concentrate ... oh man that stuff lights me up.

-Spaz

Originally Posted by Big_Spaz View Post
    That's one reason I really like Ergopharm GF-Pro (Isolate). I never have any stomach discomfort or gas when using it.

Now Whey Concentrate ... oh man that stuff lights me up.

-Spaz
    i definately need to switch from muscle milk to some kind of concentrate. but i dont want to lose any gains. is concentrate any better than isolate or vice versa? because if i can get the gains and the farts then sign me up!!

SubwayKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubwayKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubwayKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubwayKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubwayKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubwayKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubwayKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubwayKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubwayKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubwayKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SubwayKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lol I like where my topic is going haha.
    Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it.
    I might buy either Syntrax or IsoPure which should I go with?

Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i definately need to switch from muscle milk to some kind of concentrate. but i dont want to lose any gains. is concentrate any better than isolate or vice versa? because if i can get the gains and the farts then sign me up!!
    Isolate is the better option for less farts, and better to digest that is why it is more expensive.
    Race: White
    "The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Blue Jays / Steelers

Originally Posted by Sgt T-Man View Post
    Isolate is the better option for less farts, and better to digest that is why it is more expensive.
    but i want the farts. do they have the same body building effects?

Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sgt T-Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    but i want the farts. do they have the same body building effects?
    sorry, you want the farts? then get the concetrate.

Isolate protein is much better.

concetrate is not as filtered, so it can cause gas and can bloat you like a mofo. but some people do prefer it.

i prefer isolate.
    Race: White
    "The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Blue Jays / Steelers

Originally Posted by Sgt T-Man View Post
    sorry, you want the farts? then get the concetrate.

Isolate protein is much better.

concetrate is not as filtered, so it can cause gas and can bloat you like a mofo. but some people do prefer it.

i prefer isolate.
    used isolate, not as fun to torture your friends with

Sorry this reply is so late. Works got me busy.
    But I gotta say, you sir, are a badass.

But yeah personally I'm sick of the bloating and gas.
    Especially because of the fact that I work in a factory and I walk to and from places bringing people stuff and it's not exactly nice to be farting in there seeing as how there's:
    1: No air conditioning
    2: It's hot
    3: There's like 600 people in there
    4: I don't want to kill those 600 people.

Sorry this reply is so late. Works got me busy.
    But I gotta say, you sir, are a badass.

But yeah personally I'm sick of the bloating and gas.
    Especially because of the fact that I work in a factory and I walk to and from places bringing people stuff and it's not exactly nice to be farting in there seeing as how there's:
    1: No air conditioning
    2: It's hot
    3: There's like 600 people in there
    4: I don't want to kill those 600 people.
    if theres 600 people then they wont know its you lol. just fire at will

bump

BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Nectar, or any lactose free protein would make a good choice for you.

namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000)

Blaker14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blaker14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blaker14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blaker14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blaker14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blaker14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blaker14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blaker14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blaker14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blaker14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blaker14 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Protein, Protein the musical fruit, the more you eat the more you toot.
    Cheesy I kno.

Being serious tho. Most types of protein can build up gas. A good digestive enzyme will help defer that problem
    Phillies-Eagles Fan for life

*NJ Crew (201), Formerly (856)*

"Train harder everyday than what most do anyday"

SirCharlesVIII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Isolate = little/no gas
    Casein = moderate

LMAOOOOOOOOO!!! best description ever!!

K1ngCong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It depends, everybody has different digestive systems and different normal flora. For instance, some people can eat broccoli and have horrible gas while, on the other hand, it might not give another person any gas at all. However why isolate tends to cause less gas for most people that I am aware of!