JHogg11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JHogg11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JHogg11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JHogg11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JHogg11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JHogg11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JHogg11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JHogg11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JHogg11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JHogg11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JHogg11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Sheiko and Running

I just posted this in the Powerlifting forum but I want to post it here too since this is a more general forum. Here it is:

Alright, I'm applying for the Marines officer program and I have to pass the initial fitness test within about 40 days or so. The test consists of situps, pullups, and a 3-mile run. Over the last several weeks, I've been running 4-5 days a week to get my time down. I'm also about 3 lbs into a 10 lb or so weight cut (also to help with my run). As result, my squat has pretty much come to a halt, if not regressed.

I would really like to try a Sheiko program. Newbtime suggested it to me a couple weeks ago and I've only read good things. My question goes to all of those that have experience with high volume workouts: would it be completely foolish to attempt such a program while trying to cut weight and improve my running or could I do both without any serious repercussions? I'm not that worried about gaining a huge amount in the squat. My main concern is to sure up my form and prevent myself from losing strength.

This is the program I plan to do. It's considered a beginner program and I'm sure that I'll use lower base maxes than my actual maxes. Any other advice is appreciated.

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/Sheiko29.htm