kingggc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Drinking Egg Beaters Raw

Hey, i tried searching through the forum and on google, and couldnt find any solid facts. So im here to ask.

Does anyone know if drinking egg beaters raw, out of the carton is fine. I dont really like eggs, but i want the protein, and its cheap.

Thanks

stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Some say it's okay to consume them raw because they're pasteurized, but I wouldn't go by that....ALWAYS cook your eggs.

Registered Physiologist Goose102's Avatar
    Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It should be a whole lot safer to drink than raw eggs because the egg beaters are pasteurized. I would reccomend to cook them just to be on the safe side.
    B.S. Exercise Physiology
    NASM-CPT
    MMA Brah

gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This has been covered before. Salmonella is outside the egg, on the eggshell, so if you simply run hot water over it, it should be safe. You get poisoning if what you eat comes into contact with the eggshell (if the bacteria are there).

Also, I've read several times that egg protein is more bioavailable when it's cooked. Something like 70% bioavailability when raw, 97% when cooked. Of course, you lose some nutrients when you cook anything, but if you're going for protein, cook it.
    Never waste an egg yolk

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the morning." -Homer Simpson

"Here's my theory: The better someone's genetics are, the more of a dumb**** he is." -Alan Aragon

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kingggc View Post
    Hey, i tried searching through the forum
    I doubt that as there are 100 "hey can I drink egg whites" threads per day.

Of course pasturized egg whites are safe to drink. I drink 8 oz of them per day- been doing it for years.
    Last edited by johnnyironboard; 01-16-2007 at 03:08 AM.

gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In my opinion, you should be eating whole eggs. There's nothing dangerous about egg yolks, and plenty that's beneficial. Of course, that's been covered a bunch of times too.
    Never waste an egg yolk

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the morning." -Homer Simpson

"Here's my theory: The better someone's genetics are, the more of a dumb**** he is." -Alan Aragon

Deja_Entendu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deja_Entendu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deja_Entendu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deja_Entendu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deja_Entendu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deja_Entendu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deja_Entendu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deja_Entendu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deja_Entendu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deja_Entendu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deja_Entendu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd go on the safe side and just cook then eat them.

Survivor of Breast Cancer karrieg's Avatar
    karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would cook them to be safe but drinking them raw should be ok because they are pasturized
    Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.