Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    jugriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jugriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jugriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jugriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jugriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jugriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jugriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jugriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jugriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jugriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jugriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Working out hard for weight lose..no results

Im a police office in Indiana and work crazy hours...I work 12 hour shifts for example...Work MON TUE, off Wed THUR work FRI SAT SUN off MON TUE work WED THUR, off FRI SAT SUN. It just rotates like that.

Anyways im 24 6'5 315. I played football in college until I was 22. I took two years off and started working out two months ago. I work out every single day I work. The days I am off I jog two miles. Id like two lose about 30 lbs. I know it wont happen overnight but generally if your my size you will see some weight lose in the first two weeks. I hate for this post to be long but so I can get the best advice possible here is what my workout consists of right now.

Dynamic streching
    Jump rope x300

Wall curls 3x25 super sets
    no rest
    Lat pulls 3x25 super sets
    no rest
    Crunches 3x45
    5 minute break
    Lunges w/45lbs dumbells 3x20
    no rest
    Tricep ext 3x25 super sets (if I can)
    5 minute break.
    Dips 3x5
    no rest
    Peck deck 3x15
    no rest
    sit ups 2x30

All of that takes about 45 minutes. I finish it up with 30 minutes of cardio. I typically run, sometimes ill alternate between running, jump rope, and if im lazy ill bike. I make sure im at 70% of my maximum the whole 1/2 hour. I havent checked but I do supersets and take small breaks to try to stay at 70% while im working out with weights. Im pretty sure im close

Since I started I have gained two pounds. None of my lifts are done with anything over 45lbs, you can tell that by the reps. Ive thought about supps but ive never taken any in my life. I do feel like im getting into better shape but I have not lost any fat, people will say you are losing fat and building muscle bla bla bla but trust me...im not losing fat. I hate to ramble but if love to here from anyone that has any advice what so ever. Wheter it be a supp that worked for them or a flaw in my workout. Someone told be to get lipo and watch what I eat...so ive alread heard that one.

Someone told me to take up BBJ, id lose 50lbs in three months. Anyone have any experience with this martial art? 50lbs in three months sounds to good to be true.

pmcgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmcgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmcgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmcgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmcgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmcgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmcgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmcgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmcgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your post doesn't say anything about what and how much you are eating. You typically would do weight training on a cut to avoid losing lean body mass, not to lose fat. Food intake and cardio affect fat loss, not weight training.

sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I work in law enforcement, and I'd say the #1 issue the overweight guys have is that they eat too much junk! What is your diet like?? Are you eating the proper amount of calories for your size, or are you hitting the restaurants and consuming junk on your meal breaks?? I know it is hard with shift work (the last thing I like doing at 0400 is going to the gym!) but it's something you gotta do.

Fat loss is primarily through proper diet.

MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're eating too much.

sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100)
    time to start counting the calories in everything you eat. Keep a note book with you and track it through the day. After you are well seasoned you will be able to tell the amount of calories in just about anything. if you are active and 6'5

RESULTS
    Maintenance: 3936 Calories/day
    Fat Loss Range: 2520 - 3149 Calories/day

You can eat 2500kcal a day and not be hungry I think.
    Pro7en Protein
    NOW Adam Multi Vit.
    zinc sups.

Brb cutting (no emo) 2.0Tsunami's Avatar
    2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would change up my lifting routine to incorporate mainly compound movements (bench, deadlift, squats) THEN use the isolation exercises (curls, kickbacks etc) to finish everything off...if you have any energy left.

When you do these compound movements you are using several muscles in your body at once and it will be a far more effective workout.

However, I will agree w/ everyone that says diet THE most important thing when losing fat.

jugriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jugriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jugriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jugriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jugriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jugriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jugriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jugriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jugriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jugriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jugriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50)

eating to much

Thanks for the advice on the lifts. The problem is I work out at a small gym in the basement of our local jail, its free weights only. I have no lifting partnet... I used to eat way to much. When I was playing football I was at 4-6k cal a day. I have kept a food diary for the past three months a little before I started working out. I used to have some 4k days but for the past 6 weeks ive been under 2700. I was acutally started to think maybe I needed to consume just alittle more, thought maybe my metabo didnt have enough cal to work. As for what I eat, mainly skinless chicken, turkey, tuna, water to drink, on the days I work I have a 180cal energy drink, a local farmer hooked me up with a ton of carrots and cabbage that I snack on. When I get hungry on nights and dont have the means to get some decent food ill have a cliff bar or weight watches bar. I know you guys are thinking im a fat old cop that eats mcdonalds and donuts, but i made a SERIOUS promise to my self two months ago. Its been hard watching what I eat and sucks very much im not losing any weight.
    Someone told me I could lose a quick 10lbs with the sacred heart diet. I thought maybe it would jumpstart my weightloss and I would continue to lose weight after that. AGAIN I would love to hear more advice..sorry for not including my diet in the post. I assure you guys I cant cut back on my intake 2700 is pretty boarderline. I could maybe switch up what I eat or eat more. Eatting less will not help.

Alexinator will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexinator will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexinator will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexinator will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexinator will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexinator will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexinator will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexinator will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexinator will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexinator will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexinator will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You cannot outrun a bad diet
    Period
    End of story
    Read up on how to cut correctly.
    /thread

scrummie2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrummie2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrummie2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrummie2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrummie2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrummie2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrummie2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrummie2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrummie2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrummie2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrummie2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you are in fact tracking your diet and are sure you are in a deficit, just give it more time, continue the workouts, and maybe up the cardio. It took me 6 weeks on my last cut to lose pound 1. check to see if there is progress in other areas -- are clothes fitting better? Take body measurements...
    "Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure." - Thomas Edison

4/6/2008: 237 lbs, 25-27% BF
    6/20/2008: 218 lbs, 17%-ish BF
    6/28/2008: 214 lbs, 16%-ish BF
    7/11/2008: 212 lbs, 15%-ish BF
    7/17/2008: 210 lbs, 14-15%-ish BF
    9/8/2008: 202 lbs, 11-12% BF
    01/10/2009: 210 lbs, 14% BF
    11/17/2009: 232 lbs, 18% BF

No mas bulking

no results

I knew I shouldnt have posted. My diet is not bad. Im not trying to outrun a bad diet. I made a 100% no bull**** commitment two months ago. Its been hard as hell. I no bull**** record EVERYTHING I eat. Im only posting because its so damn frusterating. Ill probably just do what I was going to do before I turned here and buy a thermogenic.

sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by jugriggs View Post
    I knew I shouldnt have posted. My diet is not bad. Im not trying to outrun a bad diet. I made a 100% no bull**** commitment two months ago. Its been hard as hell. I no bull**** record EVERYTHING I eat. Im only posting because its so damn frusterating. Ill probably just do what I was going to do before I turned here and buy a thermogenic.

you might be an endomorph. post pics
    Pro7en Protein
    NOW Adam Multi Vit.
    zinc sups.

scrummie2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrummie2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrummie2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrummie2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrummie2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrummie2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrummie2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrummie2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrummie2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrummie2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrummie2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Take it easy buddy. People are still here to help, don't get defensive about it. It's one of the standard questions you are going to get asked around here, because half the time people are wondering why they don't lose weight but have no idea how much they are eating.

Like I said, if you are confident your diet is in check, and you are lifting hard, then the only things to try are patience and maybe some more cardio. At 315 pounds I'd honestly be at least walking on the treadmill at a steep incline every day...at the beginning of my cut I lifted hard but also cardio'd 6 days a week. And again, be patient...it's not unusual to stall out at the beginning, everyone expects to drop weight quickly when they start (I know I did) but your body knows what is going on, and the scale owes you -- you'll catch up to the effort your putting in eventually. Just got to keep doing the work and be patient.
    "Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure." - Thomas Edison

4/6/2008: 237 lbs, 25-27% BF
    6/20/2008: 218 lbs, 17%-ish BF
    6/28/2008: 214 lbs, 16%-ish BF
    7/11/2008: 212 lbs, 15%-ish BF
    7/17/2008: 210 lbs, 14-15%-ish BF
    9/8/2008: 202 lbs, 11-12% BF
    01/10/2009: 210 lbs, 14% BF
    11/17/2009: 232 lbs, 18% BF

No mas bulking

Scandrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scandrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scandrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scandrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scandrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scandrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scandrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scandrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scandrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Isn't it usually 1/3 diet, 1/3 exercise and 1/3 sleep.

Shift work usually makes it hard for people to get their sleeping correct. That could also be a possible problem.

mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been reading a lot lately and I think most can agree that diet is probably 75%+ of the game because no matter how much you exercise, you can't out-exercise bad food. I'd say 15-20% is exercise and sleep is 5%. I remember somebody commenting saying adults should get about 7 hours and no more than around 8-8.5 hours. They also said as long as you get 7, your body will not have the tendency to store fat (this is a problem I currently have cause I sleep 5ish).
    Last edited by mpi; 08-13-2008 at 11:58 PM.

shift work

Yea my shift sucks I work 6p 6a typically go to sleep at 7 and wake up at 12. Ill post a pic tomorrow before I go into work.... dont be to harsh... I was in the best shape up my life when I was 21 6'5 and 330. Its crazy how all that muscle I built in college turned two lard in just two years. I guess ill try to up the cardio to 45 minutes.

myofibrillar hypertrophy Wild_Weasel's Avatar
    Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't want to be the guy beating the dead horse here, but it's a combination of food and patience.

My view on it is, you THINK you are eating healthier than you are. I did it, we all did it, it happens. Especially if you are law enforcement it makes it super tough.

What are your macros like? If you are endomorphic you will probably benefit from a low-carb diet like keto.
    YGBSM
    "In a world full of compromise, some men DON'T." - H&K slogan

"There aint no easy way, no there aint no easy way out." - BRMC

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112745771

body type

Im not sure about by body type. Ill have to post a pic tomorrow before I go into work. I would be interested in trying out that low carb diet you mentioned. Have a link?

Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here it is. Keto diet. Just warning you it can be hell on energy levels so read up and know what you are doing before you try it out. It's the only thing that started me losing fat though.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4145823
    YGBSM

Keto on 12 hour work shifts? damn near impossible
    Pro7en Protein
    NOW Adam Multi Vit.
    zinc sups.

Originally Posted by sxgt View Post
    Some people rebound on it and say they actually have more energy than on a moderate carb diet. It all depends on the person, but I agree with you I think it's a damn hard thing to pull off.
    YGBSM

Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sxgt View Post
    Once your fat adapted 12 hours with no food is easy and you dont feel crappy at all as your body is using its body fat for fuel

Baboun is a name known to all. (+5000) Baboun is a name known to all. (+5000) Baboun is a name known to all. (+5000) Baboun is a name known to all. (+5000) Baboun is a name known to all. (+5000) Baboun is a name known to all. (+5000) Baboun is a name known to all. (+5000) Baboun is a name known to all. (+5000) Baboun is a name known to all. (+5000) Baboun is a name known to all. (+5000) Baboun is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by pmcgee View Post
    Food intake and cardio affect fat loss, not weight training.
    wow... stop giving advices

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Its your diet. You can run a marathon everyday and gain weight if your diet isnt in order.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

jenl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jenl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jenl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jenl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jenl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jenl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jenl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jenl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jenl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jenl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jenl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How are you weighing yourself? If you're using a weight only scale then get yourself a digital body comp scale that measures weight/fat %/water % etc. If you're gaining muscle but losing fat it may look like you haven't lost weight e.g. addition of 6lb lean muscle and a loss of 6lbs fat looks like 0lbs weight loss.

Also, start taking photos and measurements. You should see small results in the photos after a month.

Also, I would cut out the energy drink. A cup of brewed coffee with 50mls of semi milk comes in at half those cals and (most likely) has less carbs. You could lose the slimming snack bars also - these are usually full of carbs also and less nutritious. What is your daily protein/carb/fat intake?

On your off days consider bulk preparing foods and snacks. For example, cook up a load of baked chicken, baked veggies, and some brown rice. When you get home during the week you automatically have food in the fridge ready to heat up or eat cold. Put some in little containers and take to work incase you get snackish.

Dry protein mix in a portable shaker may also be of use - just add water/skimmed milk when you feel a snack craving come on.

Lastly, are you drinking enough water? Keeping yourself hydrated can help regulate hunger as your brain can find it difficult to differentiate between hunger and thirst.

blurped will become famous soon enough. (+50) blurped will become famous soon enough. (+50) blurped will become famous soon enough. (+50) blurped will become famous soon enough. (+50) blurped will become famous soon enough. (+50) blurped will become famous soon enough. (+50) blurped will become famous soon enough. (+50) blurped will become famous soon enough. (+50) blurped will become famous soon enough. (+50) blurped will become famous soon enough. (+50) blurped will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's entirely possible that you've lost size but not weight. Perhaps you've lost some fat and had some noobie muscle gains at the same time?
    It's not just diet. It's not just exercise. It's diet AND exercise.
    "Sweat is just fat crying"
    www.femaletomale.org

sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Have you thought about joining a sport again? I don't know about your department, but mine has it's own soccer and baseball teams (we always play against firefighters), anyways it's great for training!!

quickrob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    IMHO weigh yourself once then get rid of the scale for a month. It can drive you crazy if your the type of person that only loses weight in quantum jumps.

Make sure you are being honest with yourself about your diet.

Sounds like your doing enough work for sure.

Tweak your program until its fun for you or at least not such a chore otherwise your going to quit. It sounds like maybe you're already getting pissed off about it.

Good luck

Brb cutting (no emo) 2.0Tsunami's Avatar
    2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for the advice on the lifts. The problem is I work out at a small gym in the basement of our local jail, its free weights only. I have no lifting parner...

I've never had a lifting partner, you can do almost any exercise w/ dumbells by yourself.

Also, what is your carb intake like? Like others have said, you may have endomorpic type qualities. Personally, if I'm not careful w/ carbs I gain weight like CRAZY.

Instead of a Cliff's bar, substitute it for a protein shake or something similar w/ low carbs. Keep at it, we all want you to succeed.

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have you thought about seeing a doctor to get a full blood panel including hormones? You very well could have something screwy going on making it especially slow to drop the weight.

MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the advice on the lifts. The problem is I work out at a small gym in the basement of our local jail, its free weights only. I have no lifting partnet... I used to eat way to much. When I was playing football I was at 4-6k cal a day. I have kept a food diary for the past three months a little before I started working out. I used to have some 4k days but for the past 6 weeks ive been under 2700. I was acutally started to think maybe I needed to consume just alittle more, thought maybe my metabo didnt have enough cal to work. As for what I eat, mainly skinless chicken, turkey, tuna, water to drink, on the days I work I have a 180cal energy drink, a local farmer hooked me up with a ton of carrots and cabbage that I snack on. When I get hungry on nights and dont have the means to get some decent food ill have a cliff bar or weight watches bar. I know you guys are thinking im a fat old cop that eats mcdonalds and donuts, but i made a SERIOUS promise to my self two months ago. Its been hard watching what I eat and sucks very much im not losing any weight.
    Someone told me I could lose a quick 10lbs with the sacred heart diet. I thought maybe it would jumpstart my weightloss and I would continue to lose weight after that. AGAIN I would love to hear more advice..sorry for not including my diet in the post. I assure you guys I cant cut back on my intake 2700 is pretty boarderline. I could maybe switch up what I eat or eat more. Eatting less will not help.
    I don't think you're a "fat old cop".

And all you need are free weights.

I worked as a paramedic for three years and all I had was free-weights in medic's quarters and I did just fine.

None of that changes the fact that you are eating too many calories for weight loss.

It doesn't matter where those calories are coming from. You are simply eating too many of them.