FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fast Food, Beer & Still Look Good.....

How come is it that some of my friends are out drinking 2-3 nights a week & still eat fast food but still look good. They all hit the gym for at least 3 days a week & do cardio for 3 days a week & take there supps. When I asked them about this they said that it's all about how much you eat. They eat small portions of fast food instead of big value meals cuz they are always on the go. They told me that they eat just enough to get the craving out of the way & throw the rest away or something like that. I'm sure if they had a clean diet that they would look even better but they still look good. I'll see if I can get some pics.

Wilki29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wilki29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wilki29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wilki29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wilki29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wilki29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wilki29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wilki29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wilki29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wilki29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wilki29 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Genetics, proportions of food/drink, how much cardio they do, metabolism, etc. It could be many things that they do. You can also get some pretty decent food lower in calories at a lot of fast food joints.
    "using no way as a way, using no limitations as a limitation."

tal1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tal1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tal1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tal1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tal1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tal1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tal1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tal1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tal1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tal1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tal1990 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i think its mainly genetics, and total fats,carbs,proteins and calories in vs calories out at the end..

FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One of the guys runs 3 times a week. He also hits the gym pretty hard 3 days a week. He showed me pics of when he was youg & was pretty chubby. One of the other guys does cardio 3 times a week but does what ever he feels like doing at that time like HITT, running, leptical, etc... He also hits the gym 3 times a week. Not sure about the other guy.

PhD in Broscience, 2009 soundcheck129's Avatar
    soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Eating 100% clean doesn't guarantee that you'll be muscular, and eating dirty isn't going to hinder your gains. Also, they're getting plenty of time for rest and recovery, which aids growth.
    ALLMAX Nutrition Rep

Free H:VOL! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165477791

Certified Personal Trainer - PM for Training and Nutrition

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX Nutrition. Consult a medical professional whenever your health is concerned.

I just thought that fast food & beer were the Devil when it comes to fitness.

56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FriGuy View Post
    I just thought that fast food & beer were the Devil when it comes to fitness.
    Not necessarily, as was said earlier, genetics play a big role.

One important thought to remember is, you can cheat. Which is essentially what I do. I cheat probably a 1/3 of my meals but eat clean the rest of the time. I do drink, but not as much as I used to and Im in pretty good shape. (well, not cardiovascularly...too much smoking... )
    "Starting Weight" 3/21/08: 161 lbs
    Weight as of 8/21/08: 173
    Bench: 255 x 1
    Squat: 205 x 5 x 5 :( Moving up though
    Dead: 315 x 1 :)

So Fly My Ash is Lined Up rainieravesouth's Avatar
    rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FriGuy View Post
    How come is it that some of my friends are out drinking 2-3 nights a week & still eat fast food but still look good. They all hit the gym for at least 3 days a week & do cardio for 3 days a week & take there supps. When I asked them about this they said that it's all about how much you eat. They eat small portions of fast food instead of big value meals cuz they are always on the go. They told me that they eat just enough to get the craving out of the way & throw the rest away or something like that. I'm sure if they had a clean diet that they would look even better but they still look good. I'll see if I can get some pics.
    let see how their arteries are in 30 years. dont be jealous.
    - Rep "super stupid jeans" pics on sight

tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol

Pern is a name known to all. (+5000) Pern is a name known to all. (+5000) Pern is a name known to all. (+5000) Pern is a name known to all. (+5000) Pern is a name known to all. (+5000) Pern is a name known to all. (+5000) Pern is a name known to all. (+5000) Pern is a name known to all. (+5000) Pern is a name known to all. (+5000) Pern is a name known to all. (+5000) Pern is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rainieravesouth View Post
    Exactly, nutrition doesn't always have to be about body comp.

sylkkdaskr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sylkkdaskr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sylkkdaskr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sylkkdaskr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sylkkdaskr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sylkkdaskr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sylkkdaskr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sylkkdaskr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sylkkdaskr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sylkkdaskr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sylkkdaskr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dont always blame genetics or metabolism. They probably work out or dont take in as many calories.

I saw a special on DHC about that very thing. 2 friends who hung out almost all day every day. They were roommates in fact. One was fat, one was skinny. The fat one blamed her being overweight on genetics and metabolism.

They then did a study on both of them, where they measured their metabolism through some sort of breath analyzer thing, dont get me lying on the details, but somehow or another it could tell what your body was burning and how and so on and so forth.

They also too their stool samples for i believe it was a week or month, cant remember which, but they took their stools for a select time period and also analyzed their stool samples.

In the end, it turned out not to be metabolism to be the culprit, but the slimmer woman just ate less and better than the larger woman.

Although genetics may pay a small roll in your body, its not a deciding factor. Its what you put in and how much you put out.

kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rainieravesouth View Post

thats true... if they are eating junk, it may be sticking to their arteries and such. My hubby has always ate junk and looked great, so thought it was ok... then he found out his cholesterol was high. needless to say he has changed his eating.

bottom line, is don't compare, as you see a few things they eat but not days in its entirety. you never know the alcohol may cause them to puke it all up.
    Or it may catch up with them at the end, as they become middle aged men with the beer guts and your nice and lean...

when i was in high school all my friends ate junk and stayed thin and i worked out hard and ate healthy regardless (it wasnt fair). after high school they all gained weight... i didnt .. i have maintained my weight since.
    runnerkelly
    check out my DAILY progress on my blog:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=189934211#post189934211